[Official] Heroes Episode 4.04 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Heroes Episode 4.04 Discussion

Postby Brookie on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:21 pm

“Acceptance”

8 PM

Discuss the Episode Here

Episode Synopsis:
"HEROES"
"ACCEPTANCE"

10/05/2009 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Monday) : THE HEROES ARE TRYING TO ASSIMILATE BACK INTO THEIR OLD LIVES -- ROBERT KNEPPER, RAY PARK, BRUCE BOXLEITNER AND SWOOSIE KURTZ GUEST STAR -- As Hiro's (Masi Oka) life continues to hang in the balance, he distracts himself with saving the lives of others. Meanwhile, Angela (Cristine Rose) tries to help the new "Nathan" (Adrian Pasdar) remember his past, at the risk of his remembering too much. Elsewhere, Tracy (Ali Larter) is determined to get her old job back, but soon realizes that she needs to make more of an impact. Jack Coleman, James Kyson Lee, Zachary Quinto and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow, Saemi Nakamura and Dawn Olivieri also guest star.

Source: NBC

Promotional Photos
Promo
Brookie---keeper of the Sacred Doritos and defender of the Cake :pirate:
Brookie
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Heroes Episode 4.04 Discussion

Postby DharmaHelper on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Weakest episode so far IMHO.

But I continue to like Peters new direction, and Noah is picking up nicely.

And Yay for Sylar being back.
MagicBox and Dunny320 are awesome. FYI
DharmaHelper
Supporting Actor

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 pm

I found this episode quite enjoyable, first one i've felt that way about for a while

I liked Hiro's little epiphany storyline and delghted to see that Sylar is back :thumbup: :thumbup:
"HE IS BOB, EAGER FOR FUN.... WEARS A SMILE, EVERYBODY RUN...."- Phillip Gerrard

Either Conuley or against us basically...

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Postby mom on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:54 pm

I enjoyed it. My favorite part was seeing Sylar come out of that grave ! :thumbup:

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:36 pm

I liked it, I wouldn't call it one of the best, but I though it was more 'one track' with what I have liked about the show from seasons past.

It does however feel a little bit like it's kinda spinning it's wheels, but noto really going anywhere. I think they are drawing out the arc a little too much though.

I mean the carnie angle has potiental, but they could speed things up just a bit...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Man_of_Faith on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 pm

This was the worst episode so far. It wasnt bad, but not great either. I didnt like anything to do with Hiro in this episode. I'm interested in a possible relationship between Noah & Tracy. I've enjoyed both so far this season. Peter wasnt too involved, but I enjoyed what I saw from him.

It looks as if Sylar is back now. I liked the ending, but I didnt. I dunno what this means for Adrian Pasdar. I really like him and it would suck to see him go. I dont want them to keep bringing characters back from the dead, but I prefer Nathan over some others.

Sylar coming back also means the possible end of the Sylar/Parkman storyline, which has been the highlight so far for me.
Thanks To Jamielost For The Sig!
Man_of_Faith
Guest Star

Postby chr1s on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, weakest episode so far but still not a bad episode!! EPIC ending, great to see Sylar back in the flesh! ;)

I really hope the Sylar/Parman think continues, Hiro still bores me to death and I really really wish they'd get a move on with the Carnival storyline!!
chr1s
Stunt Double

Postby C.A.B1992 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Really good episode. We got a glimpse into the past of Nathan and saw just how far Anglea went to "protect" him
Question: what year did the flasback occur? Angela mentioned The Haitian wiped his memory so had have been either late '80s early "90s ? Sylar is back! loved the way they ended the episode. This season really has the potential to get HEROES back to it's former glory.
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Postby chr1s on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:16 pm

C.A.B1992 wrote:Really good episode. We got a glimpse into the past of Nathan and saw just how far Anglea went to "protect" him
Question: what year did the flasback occur? Angela mentioned The Haitian wiped his memory so had have been either late '80s early "90s ? Sylar is back! loved the way they ended the episode. This season really has the potential to get HEROES back to it's former glory.

Heroes is getting back to the best but with the way the ratings are for this season it looks like its going to be the last season of it! :cry:
chr1s
Stunt Double

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:01 pm

I think there will be switches between Nathan and Sylar.
I really liked this episode.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:01 am

Wow!! Another great episode! In my eyes, Heroes is definitely back! I for once care for the characters again, something that I haven't felt since season 1. :thumbsup:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:03 pm

The real thing that has me wondering is what about Sylar's personality/consciousnous that's trapped in Matt Parkman. :hmm:

It's like there are two of them (Sylars), but one of them can only torment Matt. And, will the flesh and blood Sylar be willing to accept the consciousnous that is in Parkman?

Or, could bringing the two consciousnous' together create a different Sylar? Like maybe the 'good' future Sylar that Peter encountered when he traveled in to the future?

Or, even a step further, Can Matt put the pieces he has of Sylar in his mind back in this Sylar, but filter/add to them with his own (Matt's) 'good' parts, and overwrite the 'bad' Sylar (Which we have ust seen as a failure). So you end up with a Sylar who is essentially Sylar, but with Matt's goodness imposed on top. Instead of trying to completely overwrite Sylar's personality, Matt just 'tweeks' it with his own... :hmm:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Rogers on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:55 pm

SmokeyD wrote:It does however feel a little bit like it's kinda spinning it's wheels, but noto really going anywhere. I think they are drawing out the arc a little too much though.

I agree - this show has a tendency to "spin its wheels" when it gets stuck in a story arc. It seems like the writers (or the people who plot of the season's story arc, whoever that is) knows that they need a character to be in a certain place with a certain mindset at a certain point to make the payoff work, but they have trouble getting the character at the certain place, at the certain time and into that certain mindset.

Given these difficulties, you get things like Angela's flashback to that campground that she lived in as a child, or events like this week's episode with Hiro and Nathan. The whole story stops moving forward as these contentiously tiny subplots take the characters out of their regular routine and into a deviant path to set them up for the rest of their journey. These little subplots seem out of place and rushed (mostly because there's only 42 minutes to introduce new characters and entire back stories all in one episode - which could be avoided if they were able to write more cohesive stories that use characters and events that they've already introduced to the plot in earlier seasons, etc).

So I have to agree, the characters Hiro and Nathan definitely stopped what they were doing, and began spinning their wheels in the sand so that they could get into the proper mindset (in Hiro's case - he has a sad feeling that changing things in the past doesn't make the world a better place, and that his dying gift to others not only not working, but could also be damaging the fabric of time, changing very important things) AND we eventually had to get Sylar out of Nathan, I just would have expected it would have been a major part of the story or a major character that got him out of there, not the consequences of a random back story that the "remembers."

BUT we not only know that this his how Heroes operates, we can predict that it works this way - in many cases, we suspend our disbeliefs to accept a fictional reality - and with this show, these are part of the disbeliefs we must embrace. Right?

In so many cases we'll have a person with powers (like the guy who could change metal into liquid OR the boy who could breath underwater, OR Angela's sister, especially the girl who can see sounds as colour) show up and do nothing. Let's hope the deaf woman can affect the story in some meaningful way and bring the Nathan, Peter, Sylar, Parkman arc together - hopefully reuniting Tracy and Bennet at the same time.
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby Spleen on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Glad Sylar is back, would be a shame to lose Nathan if they don't switch between the two, but id pick Sylar out of the two if I had to.

Hopefully this means we won't have Sylar wasted on Matt anymore, but I have a feeling thats just Matt going mad anyway and he ain't actually trapped in there.

Tracy has been awesome this season, and I can't wait to see more of Samuel, Knepper is a fantastic actor.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby SmokeyD on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Spleen wrote:Tracy has been awesome this season, and I can't wait to see more of Samuel, Knepper is a fantastic actor.

I hate to admit this, but I really didn't like her at first, but I agree 100% that she has been awesome so far this season.

Albiet that my standing montra is that I WILL NEVER, NEVER, EVER... 'Ship' :nono ,

But... It would be nice to see her and Noah get together...

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "bed wetter" :w00t:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]