[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.05 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.05 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:05 pm

"Hysterical Blindness"

9:00PM

Discuss the latest Heroes episode here.

Episode 4x05 Hysterical Blindness - Official NBC Synopsis

SELF-DISCOVERY ROCKS THEIR WORLD AS OUR HEROES ENCOUNTER NEW ABILITIES, TRY TO RECALL PAST LIVES AND STUMBLE UPON AN UNEXPECTED KISS -- MADELINE ZIMA, DAWN OLIVIERI, DEANNE BRAY, TESSA THOMPSON, ERNIE HUDSON, RAY PARK AND ACADEMY AWARD-WINNER LOUISE FLETCHER GUEST STAR

Samuel (Robert Knepper) prepares for new additions to his family, while Lydia (guest star Dawn Olivieri) warns him of the consequences. Claire (Hayden Panettiere) discovers that her roommate Gretchen (guest star Madeline Zima) may have a hidden agenda. Meanwhile, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) finds an unexpected way to connect with Emma (guest star Deanne Bray), who would prefer to stay distant. Elsewhere, a different side of Sylar (Zachary Quinto) emerges as he desperately tries to remember the person he used to be. Posted on HeroSite.net. Masi Oka and Cristine Rose also star. Rachel Melvin and Jack Wallace also guest star.

Source: NBC

- Promotional Photos
- Promo
- 4 Sneak Peeks

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Heroes Ep. 4.05 Discussion

Postby Nick on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:42 am

The whole kissing thing wasn't as horrific as I was expecting, but still, it's a pretty shameless move and it was completely pointless since the girl apparently has no ulterior motives or relevance to the plot other than a love interest for Claire. I am kind of interested in the whole sorority invisible chick, and as much as I hate acknowledging positive aspects to Claire's storyline, I liked the little twist.

As for Sylar...I doubt that's the last we'll see of Nathan. I'm just wondering how we'll get him back now. I'll probably be in the minority here, but some of Zachary Quinto's acting here was painful to watch. I did like the psychiatrist girl and Ernie Hudson though.

And what happened to Mohinder? I mean, is he on maternity leave or something? This the weirdest sudden absence on a show I've ever seen that does not involve the star getting pregnant. :P

Once again, with sound deaf girl, not entirely sold on her yet. She is sort of likable, but I can't really see her story going anywhere. But Peter wasn't entirely annoying with her.

And no Tracy, no HRG, no Mohinder. They could've cut down on Claire's stupid and unfunny sorority interviews to include something from them. Tracy and HRG have all been pretty good this season, but they're not really getting a huge plotline like they should.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Spleen on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:38 am

I'm loving the way the carnival is linking up with every other storyline, Claire, Peter, Hiro and now even Sylar, really glad it's Sylar that ended up taking the place they have empty too.

I hope he dosn't go on a mad one and massarce the Carnival tho, cos thats easily the most interesting part of this season, and Rober Knepper is awesome.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:14 am

Decent episode, but I still think the Claire/Gretchen lip lock was gratuitous.

It will be interesting to see if Sylar flips completely back to the dark side though. It would be good to see him lose some of the serial killer edge. The character has a lot of potiential...

But, I agree with Nick, it would have been nice to see Tracie and Noah, I agree with you that we could have used a little less of the Claire Q&A/Speed Dating though. It seems like TPTB are really trying very hard to make a focus on Claire, and that can be a slippery slope if they are not carefull how they handle it...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Man_of_Faith on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:23 pm

I actually kinda enjoyed Claire's storyline today and I did not see the bit with the invisible sorority chick coming. That was a nice twist. I'm finding something hot about Gretchen in a weird way, so I enjoyed the kiss.

Zachary Quinto was awesome this week. Unlike Nick, I thought his acting was amazing and I'm even more into his story than I already was. Speaking of him though, where the hell is Parkman again? I actually cant believe I'm saying that, but he's been on the money this year too.

I still dont know what to think about the deaf girl. I dont know where she fits into anything. Unless she is related to someone at the Carnival. The stuff with them was great in this episode too. It was nice to see Sylar being taken in. But where did it go at the end? Did Samuel just make the trees grow in front of it or something?
Thanks To Jamielost For The Sig!
Man_of_Faith
Guest Star

Postby C.A.B1992 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Wow what an amazing episode! So far episodes have more character centric and lessed focused on the special effects( Volume 3) Love what thier doing with Peter, having him reconnect with people through Emma, which will hopefully bring his original ability. Finally we got the Claire/Gretchen kiss and it was pretty good glad we can rule her out as villain. I still trying figure out Samuel's endgame? The Sylar scenes were amazing! Brilliant acting by Zachary Quinto. I"m conviced that he will recieve a Emmy nomination along with the show itself Overall, great episode. :thumbup:
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Postby chr1s on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:11 am

Another solid episode, I really hope the ratings would stop decreasing tho, at the rate that they are we mightn't even see out the full season. Great job by Zachary in this episode, but what is up with his hair?? :P

Oh and where the hell is Parkman, he was totally kick ass this year so far.... I can't believe I miss him!! :O
chr1s
Stunt Double

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 am

I have to say i enjoyed it this week, i'm liking peter's storyline with the deaf woman, and glad to see sylar back. Delighted there was no parkman this week though :P :lol:
"HE IS BOB, EAGER FOR FUN.... WEARS A SMILE, EVERYBODY RUN...."- Phillip Gerrard

Either Conuley or against us basically...

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Postby LostFanJim on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:16 pm

This episode was "meh" at best. Zachary Quinto was great this episode. I really couldn't care less about Emma(the deaf girl). I am still curious about Mohinder. I mean seriously, where the hell is he? I really like Robert Knepper's character Samuel. But honestly "Redemption" isn't living up to the hype. So far this season has been good then bad good then bad. I hope it gets back to the craziness that we're used to. I'm still hoping this show "redeems" itself.
First he said "We're never going back" Then "We have to go back!" Now its "We never even have to come here in the first place" Just make up your mind Jack!
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
4 8 15 16 23 42

Moves Crew
LostFanJim
Extra

Postby Devil's Arcade on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:48 pm

What the hell are you talking about LostFanJim?
Volume 5 is the best season yest (Apart from 1)... Volumes 2, 3 and 4 were rubbish, terrible, insanely shocking.
3 and 4 were obviousl yterrible from the beginning.

This is the first time since season 1 I have been looking forward to watching Heroes.
There was no hype to redemption, which is one the reason I think it is doing better for me.

Oh and Mohinder scoop;
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
He returns in Novemeber

I like teh deaf girl, her chemistry with Peter is really good.
Sylar is just a legend, great actor withing Quinto.
Parkman is a legend, as is Greg.

I was never a fan of Nathan, but he will be back I am sure.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby chr1s on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:53 pm

So does anyone else think Sylar's soul/memories are still stuck in Parkman and he'll need Parkman to track down his body for him and when he does... everything is going to kick off! :w00t:
chr1s
Stunt Double

Postby Nick on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:08 pm

I think so, to a certain extent. I still think Sylar is in his body but not all the way. Just minor traces of him. And when he comes face to face with Parkman again, I think Sylar will become whole again.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Nick wrote:I think so, to a certain extent. I still think Sylar is in his body but not all the way. Just minor traces of him. And when he comes face to face with Parkman again, I think Sylar will become whole again.

I mentoned this elsewhere, but what if, by putting the part of Sylar that Matt has does something to change Sylar into a completely new personality? Where you end up with a Sylar/Matt combo personality. Maybe even being a 'better' person thanks to some of Parkman's mojo filling in some of the Sylar gaps... :hmm:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]