[Official] Heroes Episode 4.07 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Heroes Episode 4.07 Discussion

Postby Brookie on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm

“Once Upon a Time in Texas”

8 PM

Discuss the Episode Here

Episode Synopsis:

HIRO GETS A SECOND CHANCE TO SAVE THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE – JAYMA MAYS RETURNS AS CHARLIE
When Hiro (Masi Oka) travels three years into the past, he has a second chance to save Charlie (guest star Jayma Mays) from the hands of Sylar (Zachary Quinto). However, Samuel’s (Robert Knepper) presence serves to complicate Hiro’s mission even further.
Elsewhere, H.R.G.’s (Jack Coleman) past with his Primatech partner (guest star Elizabeth Rohm) is revealed. James Kyson Lee, Hayden Panettiere and Sendhil Ramamurthy also star. Danielle Savre, Sally Champlin and Dawn Olivieri also guest star.

Promotional Photos
Promo
New Promo
Sneak Peek
Additional Sneak Peeks
Brookie---keeper of the Sacred Doritos and defender of the Cake :pirate:
Brookie
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Heroes Episode 4.07 Discussion

Postby dandaman541 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:11 am

It was pretty bad. I don't really care about Hiro anymore so I had a hard time liking the episode.
"This woman--when she asks you what you did to be with her again...what will you tell her? "
dandaman541
Stunt Double

Postby Spleen on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:33 am

Good episode, a great homage to S1, didn't think Noah and that woman fit in to it very well, and it did make it abit all squashed together, but was still pretty great overall. Love the way they both introduce Mohinder into the storyline and explained his absence in the scene at the end.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby Brewski on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Awesome episode, the best of the season so far if you ask me. It gives the writers more possibility, seeing isaac also was vintage season 1 and was totally unexpected. I dont know how any fan of the show could dislike this episode to be honest. And it was great seeing mohinder at the end too.
Has an iphone that belongs to some of you! :P
Brewski
Star Billing

Postby Nautical Rudie on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Ive never been huuuuge into Heroes but I watch it here and there. Anyway, this episode was one of the best in a very long time, I thought it was really good.
Nautical Rudie
Stunt Double

Postby Jack91 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:32 pm

The only scenes I enjoyed were the ones with Sylar (for a change lol). Hiro is pretty much the only one who owned Sylar during the whole seasons, I like that very much.

The writers are back on what made the viewers stop watching: oh yeah its fun to change the past every two episodes, so when it doesnt make any sence anymore we kill off one or 2 characters and it will all be fine!

The Noah scenes were... useless. To find out about a forbidden office love that takes 15 mins, only to go "Haitian" at the end... It really felt like they had nothing to put in this episode, so they gave us that cheesy story. Hey put a pretty woman on the screen, we'll all forget about the script! :thumbsdown:

Even the part about Samuel let me down, after all the people he's killed when he talked about a huge mistake he did, I was expecting something big... but no, just one more victim who happens to be "one of them". Big deal? It's Mohinder but still...

I didnt dislike the episode, but they could have done a lot better
Jack91
Viewer

Postby BobDobolina on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:51 pm

I thought this was their best episode since season 1. I barely enjoy the show any more, but even I was amazed at how good it was. They even brought back a bunch of minor characters, like that girl who could force people to follow her every command and later committed suicide so Sylar wouldn't get her power, to make it feel more authentic. Overall, it was an outstanding episode. It makes me want them to do a season where they all go back to the season 1 timeline and try to fix everything.

I do agree that the Noah storyline did not resonate. It kinda reminded me of a flat version of that great Angel/Buffy crossover episode "I will remember you" in which Angel turns into a human and has the perfect day with Buffy that they always wanted, but then decides to turn back time at the end to get his evil-fighting abilities back, which wipes Buffy's memory of the day but not his. Of course, in the Heroes version, we knew nothing about Noah's love interest, so the romance angle completely fell flat. Hell, we didn't even learn what Noah's partner's power was. (Ironically, the actress who played Noah's love interest was the female lead of the first season of Angel.)
BobDobolina
Viewer

Postby C.A.B1992 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:18 pm

Amazing episode!! The return of Charlie was absoloutley incredible. Hiro was able saVe her without screwing up the timeline. The Noah/Lauren affair was kinda weak I really didn't see the point in it Loved how we got o see Sylar use his orignial power to save a life instead of taking one. And FINALLY we know what happenend to Mohinder, Samuel killed him, to me it looked he embeded a bunch of rocks in his chest. But the one thing thats still bugging is why are writers are changing the timeline it was my impression that the events in "Homecoming" took place year ago why did they change it ? :S
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:54 am

Good episode. I liked the return of Charlie. Noah and Claire did not need to be there wasting time though.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Rogers on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:56 pm

First off - I initially felt unhappy having the story arcs fractured as much as they are right now, where an entire episode can go by without showing some characters, and in this episode we miss a tremendous amount of this season's story while everything is being enacted in the past.

BUT I realize a day or two later that I actually like this in the long run - it's so important that the show takes the time to develop a character's motivation as they move forward. When the motivation is rushes, it winds up feeling contrived and we, as viewers, feel cheated. However, taking the time to move Hiro into a position where he must work for Samuel was done very nicely. The time travel stuff is always a bit hokey what with avoiding paradoxes and things like that - I wonder if Hiro has changed anything significantly.

Spleen wrote:Good episode, a great homage to S1, didn't think Noah and that woman fit in to it very well, and it did make it abit all squashed together, but was still pretty great overall. Love the way they both introduce Mohinder into the storyline and explained his absence in the scene at the end.

Absolutely agree - I've been reading in some places that Mohinder wasn't very popular, but I always relate back to the Mohinder of Season 1 and recall how wonderful he was. Perhaps that makes him easier to like. I'm excited that we'll likely have him back in the show soon.

Jack91 wrote:The only scenes I enjoyed were the ones with Sylar (for a change lol). Hiro is pretty much the only one who owned Sylar during the whole seasons, I like that very much.

Totally agree. Sylar is an awesome character, we have to think that him breaking free of Parkman and/or getting back into his body will be a major moment in this season. I just wonder if by that time Sylar will be interested in working with Samuel or going rogue again. Will the Sylar in Parkman's mind fight the Nathan in Sylar's mind? Who would win? [it's hard to beat Sylar]

Jack91 wrote:The Noah scenes were... useless. To find out about a forbidden office love that takes 15 mins, only to go "Haitian" at the end... It really felt like they had nothing to put in this episode, so they gave us that cheesy story. Hey put a pretty woman on the screen, we'll all forget about the script! :thumbsdown:

I liked what HRG did with Tracy trying to save the Healer, but most of his scenes have been pretty awful over the last few episodes. He used to be this unbeatable bad-ass who always had a plan, but now he's a loser with a dumb smile all the time. It's like they gave his character a personality-enema or something. Even when he's not having an office affair he looks constipated (or tenderly constipated - like he can't raise his voice without discomfort - even watch how he sits down on the edge of the bed), then he smiles, as if he finally might be able to pass a movement the next time he sits on the john.

[hmmm - maybe, just maybe, the next time I use the can, I'll finally be able to pass a movement ... half-smile]

It's not that I don't like the character, because I do, it's that the character has been the victim of not having anything to do. No bagging or tagging, no saving his Claire-bear, he's not even having an affair. He's got the most boring life considering everyone he knows is a mutant murderer, or a murderer of mutants.

BUT - with any luck, perhaps this is just the writers taking their time to develop everything that needs to happen, giving us all the details and motivations necessary to really put all of the characters back together again. It can't be easy having all of these complicated characters living very different lives with very different motivations, yet every season trying to find some way to bring them all back together again. In fact, it's been an obvious struggle to do so, as we've seen with the three characters that Ali Larter has had to play, the travelling in time that Hiro does to keep characters motivated, and the whole, give normal people powers for a season thing.

So perhaps HRG can make a big come back sometime soon. I guess that's what I'm hoping for. Get everybody back in place and start rocking out.

Is this Chapter a 20+ episode story arc? Or could we expect some payoffs in the next couple of episodes before the Christmas Holidays?
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby mom on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:22 pm

I might be the only one who thinks Hiro is a zero after he chose to only think of himself and Charlie (fate has a funny way of correcting itself so I think the whole arc was pointless) instead of making Sylar understand his fate. If I had my way I would have had Hiro explain to Sylar who/what/why of what's going to happen before turning him loose on his destiny instead of 'you are a killer' :( Claire & Noah ??? Mohinder dead :O I liked his character the way he used to be I hope they go back to that. Samuel tricking/trapping Hiro/Charlie was great. I can't wait to see next weeks episode. I also liked the preview showing Sylar killing someone as Parkman :sneaky:

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby brentoid on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:36 am

i had more than a few issues with this episode...

firstly : noah says he doesnt know what sylar looked like... balls... in the technicolour crap fest that was the villains arc noah & elle were WATCHING sylar...watching him slice & dice his 2nd victim... disapointing... although thats more a reflection on villains than this episode...

so hiro tells sylar his future ? was he making all that up ?? has he seen sylars death ?? did he nip off to the future when no one was looking ?? how will this affect the timeline when sylar meets hiro supposedly for the 1st time in season 1 ?? just after he kills his mum...not to mention the timeline issues with claire & peter & blowing up nyc...nothing else will change apart from charlie crying out her aneurism ? i dunno hi...seems too nice & convinient...i hope they show the consequences of this

noah & that other chick...the episode could have done without them easily...can the audience do a hatian ??

twas an ok episode, & i'll admit to giving a little yay
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
when i saw dead mohinder...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]