[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.09 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.09 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:15 am

"Brother's Keeper"

8pm

Discuss This Episode Here

THE TRUTH SETS OUR HEROES ON NEW AND DANGEROUS PATHS

Samuel (Robert Knepper) learns just how powerful he can become and takes dangerous measures to reach his full potential. Meanwhile, as Tracy (Ali Larter) begins to lose control of her ability, one of her own comes in harms way. Elsewhere, Sylar (Zachary Quinto) continues his battle with Matt (Greg Grunberg). Jack Coleman, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Cristine Rose and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Kavi Ladnier, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Ravi Kapoor and Andrew Connolly guest star.

Source: NBC

Promo Photos
Promo
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Heroes Ep. 4.09 Discussion

Postby Rogers on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:09 am

I thought this after watching episode 7:

Rogers wrote:As for the Circus Freaks - I'm with you guys. I still can't figure out what they want, why we haven't heard of them before, what they're looking for, why coaxing Hiro into using his time-travelling to change things in the past was important - or what they need to suck up all the "heroes" for. No idea. I know that Samuel continues to use the word "family" quite a bit, and that terminology and mission seems to link itself with what Magneto was doing in the Marvel Universe. The "brotherhood" (and I preface this by saying I am NOT an expert on this matter in ANY conceivable way) seemed to be gathering up all the mutants so that they could protect themselves from humanity (and eliminate all the humans) right?

Perhaps Samuel has this motive in mind? That could make him a neat villain in the end.

And then there would have to be a good group of "heroes" to combat the bad heroes, setting up the X-Men squad, if that story was to hold any weight in an argument. [Just a hypothesis - loosely conceived and poorly reviewed.]
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13424&p=327059&hilit=magneto#p327059

Samuel is bad-ass. It should be awesome to see what comes of all of this.
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby Spleen on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:19 am

Damn awesome episode, all of it.

Can't wait to see what Samuels like when he reaches his full potential, the way he tried to kill Mohinder was damn good too.

Great explanation of where Mohinders been this season aswell.

Imagine if Sylar took Samuels power and unlocked it's full potential, Sylar is overpowered as it is, he'd be a damn God.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby Nick on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:24 am

I really liked this episode.

Tracy and Claire's girl talk was a little excruciating but I'm still really enjoying the direction they're taking with Tracy's character.

Gaining more insight into Samuel was pretty cool. He's really shaping up to be the best new character I think they've ever brought in since Season 1.

It was nice to see Mohinder again and I actually enjoyed all of his scenes; I usually find him a bit irritating.

And is it just me, or is there something off about Adrian Pasdar this season? Maybe he's just trying to show off his Sylar side but I've been finding him difficult to like and it's like he's conducting himself in a whole new manner, not even similar to how Sylar acts.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby mom on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 am

I thought this was great episode the kind that really makes me love the show :wub: My son watched with me tonight and I made a similar comment (like yours Nick) and he said ' Well I think it's brilliant acting because he really isn't Sylar now is he? ' I was like > :hmm:

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby Man_of_Faith on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Great episode. Loved getting to know more about Samuel. The stuff with Mohinder fit in nicely.
Thanks To Jamielost For The Sig!
Man_of_Faith
Guest Star

Postby C.A.B1992 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Great episode loved how they delved into Samuels past revealing him to be more powerful than we imagined. This finally gives insight into Samuel's master plan( wonder what power Joesph has up his sleave?) I don't know about u guys but the Tracy/Claire scenes were both insightful and hilarious! Seeing Tracy dragging around frozen Clarie and then breaking off her foot: Funny as hell! Matt finallly got Sylar out of his head, which means its only a matter of time before "Nathan" disapears forever and Heroes loses Adrian Pasdar :( But maybe they'll be some cool "Fight Club"-type scenes between Sylar and "Nathan"). And FINALLY we got the return of Mohinder and his long-lost girlfriend Mira from Season 1( now they just need to bring back Molly and Claude) that was kind of messed up for Hiro to leave Mohinder in a nuthouse for eight weeks but i'm sure Mohinder will forgive him or will he......
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Do ya'll think Samuel killed his brother?
I feel Samuel is pretty evil, but does have a good side to him as well.

Nice to see Mohinder again!
Can't wait for the real Sylar to be back, back.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:04 pm

Devil's Arcade wrote:Do ya'll think Samuel killed his brother?
I feel Samuel is pretty evil, but does have a good side to him as well.

Nice to see Mohinder again!
Can't wait for the real Sylar to be back, back.

i'd say the chances are pretty high for samuel offing his bro... what was with the goth phase ? so only 8 weeks ago he was wearing eyeliner like richard alpert & wearing a glitter adorned jacket ?? very disturbing... :lol:

i thought it was an ok episode....peter was back to his too stupid to breathe mularkey...like he, given all that has happened to him, still believes that his mum & friends wouldnt do that...sigh... :thumbsdown: c'mon pete - grow a brain...

not nice to see mohinder... christ on a bike, that boy cannot act for toffee...my fathers research...grrr...so was his father mind wiped after coyote sands ??

and on a geektastic point...how did sylar get nathans flight ability? did he use his empathy for a dying nathan to swipe it ? meh...i totally HATE that they took sylar down that route, yet they totally neutered peter...they could have at least had peter keep more than one ability...now its going to be all the heroes verses sylar...again...hiro being the only one who could stop him (power-wise anyway) but of course his brain will melt trying...

tracy breaking claires foot was funny...you can totally see the budget cuts in them having the healing occure off-screen...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby Lord Brad III on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:42 am

I thought it was funny how Claire says "Freeze!" when she sees Tracy sneaking into her apartment. LMAO!

I was extremely disappointed that we were introduced and then rid-off Mohinder in this episode. Although, what it revealed was extremely powerful and I find it amazingly exciting about Samuel and of what he is capable.

The important thing to remember is that the "gravity/magnetism" that Samuel is giving forth is to be applied to ALL OF OUR HEROES, whether they are good or bad. Samuel will ultimately have a downfall, but it will be also at the cost of a great accomplishment of one of our heroes.
Also cool to know that Samuel's compass was Mohinder's (and thus Chandra's) invention.

And like many last season, I was very worried about what would become of the Sylar being Nathan being Sylar in Parkman's Head situation.... and now they have made it complex enough that it is very, very entertaining. The close-shot scene with Peter, "nathan", and Parkman was extremely tense, and I loved every second of it. And I love that Sylar is back on the loose. Admit it guys, he's the heart of this show. However, I wish Joseph had more say in this whole matter. Just sayin'....

Gravity being related to Samuel, and him talking to ...???...with the door saying "Pull" on it...symbolism.

Peter and Nathan (ahem..."Nathan") at the end of the epi...well...let's just say hell yeah for set-up.
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby Devil's Arcade on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Who the hell is Joseph?
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby C.A.B1992 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Samuel's older brother
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert