What will our heroes end up doing w/Samuel and the carnival?

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

What will our heroes end up doing w/Samuel and the carnival?

Postby Lord Brad III on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:51 am

So what I am thinking is that Samuel is quite clearly gathering all of these people with abilities, in order to grow his strength. But to what end? Given a common "end of the world" scenario in this show, I think it might end up being, whether by accident or on purpose, that Samuel will try to destroy the world, the country, something. But why? If not, it might be a "something-gone-wrong" backfire plan that brings this about.
So what do you guys think our heroes are going to do regarding this carnival and Samuel? Are they going to stop him? If so, I wonder how many of them it would take, how they'd do it, and who might die in the process. Are they going to assimilate and try to achieve some strangely grand goal using Samuel's plan? Maybe they foil his plans after letting him finish his little mission, and possibly use his own agenda (or power) against him.
If it's not world destruction, it would be world control. The ferris wheel reminds me of the connections between the multiple realities in The Dark Tower. If Samuel is trying to make this carnival the nexus of reality or whatever, then what is his purpose? and what will our heroes do once we approach the "something has to be done about Samuel" moment (inevitably) ?
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: What will our heroes end up doing w/Samuel and the carnival?

Postby mom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 am

Samuel and his demented need for control or power over our Hero's has had me hating him more with each episode. I do wonder what he is up to also and your guesses are as good as any but I do think the real question is what will each Hero do if/when it comes time to choose to fight Samuel or stay with him. His way of getting 'most' of the Hero's there by their own choice and some deciding to stay has me a bit worried. I do love this season and the direction the show has taken.

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby C.A.B1992 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Well since the finale is called "Brave New World" and considering Samuel's power he might try create his own country populated with all the evolved humans of the world.
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Postby Lord Brad III on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:11 am

Dang, that is an interesting take on what his goal is. Instead of destroying something, he really might have more "positive" albeit ulterior motives for creating this family.
I didn't know about the finale title until earlier today, so that makes much more sense to me now. Plus, if there is a next season, it could point to Samuel's efforts being successful on a larger scale. Although, it might also imply that while Samuel might have been planning something sinister, whichever of our heroes chose whichever side, his plan could take on a life of its own, and depending on what "side" each person chose, might be for the better after all.

But I still have bad feelings about Samuel, and if Sylar has anything to say about it, if Samuel drops the ball, you know he'll be right there to pick it up and start running, nay flying, off with it. Again, for better or worse. Interesting thoughts thanks.
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby Rogers on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:15 am

I think Samuel is interested in using his power to create a new home for his "family." He might be strong enough to move a whole city, which would be cool. He might be strong enough to move a whole planet, which would be pretty awesome, too.

What are the Heroes going to do?

I have to think that he'll likely be stopped before he realizes his true strength, only because there's really no stopping him if he manages to achieve his power. We know that he's looking for one particular hero that will make his powers strong - and we know that it's not Claire - so who's it going to be? He's already visited all of the main characters, so he's had his chance to power-up, but hasn't. [Maybe it's the deaf lady?]

I imagine that the character who enables his power will realize that they are dangerous and will do something proactive to stop him, right?

You'd also have to think that Sylar will play some role in the finale - either trying to steal Samuel's power, or ... something like that. Those are my thoughts ...

[ASIDE: ... and The Third Policeman was a great novel (I read it three times in one month ... for a term paper, but luckily it was great]
Rogers
Stunt Double

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]