[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.13 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.13 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 am

Let It Bleed - Press Release

8pm

Discuss This Episode Here

HEROES RETURNS WITH A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EPISODE - THE SEARCH FOR ANSWERS INTENSIFIES AS FINAL RESPECTS ARE PAID TO A FALLEN HERO - RAY PARK, DAWN OLIVIERI, DAVID H. LAWRENCE XVII AND ELISABETH ROHM GUEST STAR

As Claire (Hayden Panettiere) becomes immersed into the world of the Carnival, she becomes increasingly suspicious of Samuel's (Robert Knepper) motives. Hiro (Masi Oka) is on a mission to rescue one of his own, but has difficulty communicating his intentions to Ando (James Kyson Lee). Samuel has his sight set on Emma (guest star Deanne Bray) and her ability to complete his master plan. Meanwhile, Sylar (Zachary Quinto) returns to the Carnival in search of answers and Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) continues to struggle with the loss of his brother. Elsewhere, H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) sets his plan in motion to take down the carnival.

Cristine Rose also stars. Todd Stashwick, Saemi Nakamura, Sasha Pieterse and Dawn Lyen Gardner also guest star.

New Promo
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Heroes Ep. 4.13 Discussion

Postby Spleen on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:51 am

Gah, didn't know there were two episodes tonight and watched them in wrong order >.<

The first (second for me) was better than the second but neither was all that. Hiro's parts were pretty good and Samuel, Emma and the plant guy was pretty good too, but the rest was rather meh. Too much Claire again, not trusting her dad, again.

The second episode felt like it was made up of 40 mins of intro's to different episodes, didn't run smoothly like a normal episode.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby charliefan4life on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:32 am

I'm so over Sylar. I've never really been a Sylar fan but really I just wish they'd find a way to kill the guy off at this point.

Claire and her dad...uh, he's lied to you like a million times, you get mad, you don't speak and then eventually you forgive him. Either cut him out or just accept it and get over it.

Hiro :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby franciswight on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 pm

this season has had its great moments, but this was definitely not one of them, what a poor couple of episodes. it has turned into the clare bennett show, she seems to be in literally every scene and barely any of them are interesting in any way. Neither episode really advanced the greater storyline at all. The Hiro/Ando storyline was ridiculous seeing as we have already seen (admittedly briefly) them breaking Mohinder out of the mental hospital, so we really dont need to see how it happened. The Sylar scenes were boring as were the scenes with Emma (how **** is her power!). The funeral/Nathan mourning was understandable but unnecessary and dull. We definitely dont need to see Clare feuding with Noah again, its been done numerous times and the fact that they werent arguing all the time has been one of the high points of the volume
Really stupid how it ended as well with Sylar looking in Clare's window...like thats not been done before. Its not like he can kill her is it?

nb. the flashback to joseph and samuel was hilarious, one of them had a decent irish accent but the other was just awful. robert knepper is great as well but he doesnt seem to know what accent to use-flits between irish, country and a british somerset accent...
franciswight
Viewer

Postby C.A.B1992 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 pm

After coming back from winter hiatus, these opening episodes were decent. The first half seemed pretty boring to me, more Claire drama, Nathans funeral ( classic cover-up with the plane crash) and Hiro scramble-brained AGAIN!!
I did however like the Samuel flashback, it showed the beginning of Samuel's ever growing ambition and it opened the door to other possible flashbacks, mabe with
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
HRG
and nice to see Doyle again. He still can be a menace if provoked. Now with Eli I hope the writers give him some other purpose besides stalking Claire that job, is already taken by a certain superpowered serial killer.The second episode was alot better. We find out Peter was involved in the plane crash cover-up, kind of surprise Peter even went along with it. Then Sylar makes his way back to the Carnival and tries to kill Samuel back to everybodys surprise Samuel actually got the upperhand.( now whether this was because Sylar lost his mojo or Samuel overpowered is up for debate) The whole Peter greiving thing was kind of ironic since Peter is always caring for others, and its him that needs caring for.(also nice shout-out to West whom i'm assuming Peter got his Flight from) Finally we get the return of Edgar who was ruthlessly tortured by our favorite Man in Horn-Rimmed Glasses, until the "Iron Madien" suggests a less violent approach. and after taking Lydia's empathic tattoo ability Sylar realizes the answer to his mojo probelms can only be solved with a visit to our immortal ex-cheerleader.
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Postby mom on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:53 am

Claire, Claire, Claire :mad: Ugh...I wanted to scream at the amount of air time being wasted on her :thumbsdown: I liked this episode the least so far :(

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:12 pm

I have to agree completely. I didn't watch Heroes in the begining, I started watching as a methadone treatment for my LOST withdrawl...

And all I can say now is 'what the heck was I thinking'??? :hmm:

We waited for weeks for the show to come back, and this is the best they can do??? :S Am I the only person who feels like this show has been stuck in the mud for several episodes now? (Spinning its wheels, but going no where!!!)

I am so tired of ALL CLAIRE... ALL THE TIME. I mean this girl is nothing, and she is really getting on my last nerve. Yeah, she kissed Gretchen... But what have you done for me lately? :S :S :S
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby franciswight on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 pm

in what way was it nice to see doyle again? he didnt really do anything significant did he? basically the point of the scene was that some of the people with powers like samuel...no surprise there. his character would be way better if he actually killed someone significant
franciswight
Viewer

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 pm

A weak return to a strong season.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]