Are people still watching this show?

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Are people still watching this show?

Postby JediChewy on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Wow, considering they did their worse episode rating ever last week, I can't believe this show is still on the air. I flipped through channels once and it was the same old predictable plot.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Are people still watching this show?

Postby lexnox on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:21 pm

The only real mistake they've made is waiting four seasons to start developing relationships "shippers" will like. If you're a LOST fan and think LOST is a decent show, you should be watching this one, too. And, yes, I watch it.
Aeon & LOST
Let's see how fast you can run?
lexnox
Supporting Actor

Postby JediChewy on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm

No thanks. I get LOST, and Heroes is no LOST. I skipped out on Heroes a long time ago. Maybe if they kill a half of the main characters off, I'll come back for that.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby misterjuvenille on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm

i came back for this season after leaving mid-season 2.

this season has had it's ups and downs but it's okay. I'm surprised it's still on the air, the show runners really did mess up this show.
misterjuvenille
Viewer

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I came to the party late (Season 2... I Think)... and it has kept my attention, bu tnot enough for me to even want to go back and see the eariler epsiodes.

I'd say it's OK, but not spectacular or worth the buzz it originally got.

I will continue to watch it online, but as far as going out of my way to watch... nope... not feeling it...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby CaptianHopey on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Ive only seen this show up to season 2 and season 1 was amazing and really got me into the show, but season 2 went down hill, it was like all the episodes were the same and by the end trying to redo season 1, im not sure what season 3 is like weather the show has gotten better, i will have to check it out.
ago una , intereo unus
CaptianHopey
Supporting Actor

Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe with j.j. abrams.

Postby Thefrogwhisperer on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:50 pm

I really love the show. Don't get me wrong earlier seasons were stronger but I hold out hope. Overall it is a great series.
Thefrogwhisperer
Viewer

Postby Brookie on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:57 am

No. I stopped watching this show this season.

I got tired of the cheesetastic plotlines, the revolving storylines that never seem to either get defined or resolved, and the complete and total lack of meaningful character growth and depth.

It really is a shame. I liked the show quite a lot during Season 1, and it had a great deal of potential. But frankly, I don't think the writers and TPTB have ever had a clear mindset of where they wanted the show to go, what they wanted it to be about, and the kind of characters they wanted to create. It seemed more and more to me like they were trying to cash in some hefty money-making cow (banking on the likeability of the superhero genre in general right now) without putting any real thought or substance behind what it was that they were doing/trying to do.

IMO, the show is an aimless piece of flying poop, and I don't have the time to be frustrated by it anymore.
Brookie---keeper of the Sacred Doritos and defender of the Cake :pirate:
Brookie
Former Staff Member

Postby Nick on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 am

I haven't seen anything since they let off for the winter hiatus, since that last episode was kind of horrendous IMO. Nor do I really feel like it. It showed some real long term promise for the first time since Season 1 at the beginning of this season but since then I have kind of gotten tired of it and I haven't bothered with how busy I am. It was one of the few cuts I had to make to have an actual life going into 2010.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby theotherslover on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Gave up this season.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:41 pm

I find it strange thtat people are giving up thing volume, The BEST volume since 1?
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby mom on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm

I am still watching because I used to love the show. If there is one more Claire,Claire ,Claire episode I will quit watching. I hate her and her character...she is not that great of an actress and she does not make this show. It would be so much better if they just killed her already! More Pete please :w00t:

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby MrsAdamLambert on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:59 am

I'm still watching, I still love it. Granted I am seeing a lot of problems emerge but no show is perfect. Truth be told I've always been of the mind that the fans have rediculous high expectations of the series which were of course set by the immense and sudden popularity of the first season. Though, truth be told, I didn't exactly think the first season was the screen gem that eveyone worshiped over. Good yes but I really didn't think it was as good as all that.

I will say I do not follow the show blindly and I'm not afraid to critique it but there's no need to pick apart every tiny insignificant thing, there is such a thing as cutting slack. More recently I would say over this last season there are a few more problems then usual and I don't just mean the kind that are bound to surface over any long running series, even the best, but they're not awful and there's still a lot to love. They're having some problems with there villains (no I don't mean Sylar because they can never do wrong with him even when they do wrong it works), there are some really boring things happening amoung a couple other small things but I don't think the show is trash. It's still got a lot to work with and there's still a lot of good there they just need to plan the show out better. The biggest problem it's always had in my opinion is that they clearly did not writethe this out the way Joss did they play it from season to season which is a big mistake. With things like sci fi, fantasy, the supernatural, time travel etc. you can't work that stuff off the cuff from year to year. There needs to be immense thought which is wise most shows veer away from things like time travel because even under the best of circumstances it is extraordinarily messy.
Ashley
MrsAdamLambert
Extra

Postby Nautical Rudie on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 pm

I didnt really like any of the first three series but ive been enjoying S4 quite alot, mosty cos of Robert Knepper.
Nautical Rudie
Stunt Double

Postby Two Sides on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 pm

For me it is possibly the most inconsistent TV show i have ever seen, dont get me wrong i still love it (for reasons unknown) but here are my thoughts:
Season 1 - Amazing, not many seasons of any show are better
Season 2 - Awful, just awful
Season 3 - Good (mainly volume 3) and bad (mainly volume 4) moments, but all in all was just extremely inconsistent
Season 4 - Only seen the first 4 episodes so i'll hold judgement
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Next

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]