[Official] Heroes Episode 4.19 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Heroes Episode 4.19 Discussion

Postby Brookie on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 pm

9 PM

“Brave New World”

Discuss the episode here.

Everyone bands together to try to stop Samuel from taking the lives of thousands; Peter teams with an unexpected ally to save Emma; H.R.G.'s life hangs in the balance; Hiro comes to grips with decisions he has made.

Posted By: The ODI

Promotional Photos
Promos
Sneak Peeks
Brookie---keeper of the Sacred Doritos and defender of the Cake :pirate:
Brookie
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Heroes Episode 4.19 Discussion

Postby Rogers on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:40 am

40 minutes in and nothing particularly special has happened - is this really the season finale?
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby HiroWorship on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 am

I was not happy. They did nothing, IMO, to end the carnival story. Samuel is alive so what end was there? Didn't feel like a season finale to me.
Mafia Timer
Image thank you Heiots
HiroWorship
Supporting Actor

Postby RevelFire on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:15 am

I didn't even realized it was the season finale. totally anti climatic. It was a good season compared to the last one but still. They didn't really even hype the season finale much (at least here in Canada) and the finale was kinda out of place...in the beginning of February? :S

At least I can focus on Just watching LOST now.
I'll defend LOST all the way ACROSS THE SEA and until THE END

We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.
RevelFire
Stunt Double

Postby HiroWorship on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:23 am

I only found out after last weeks episode that tonight was the finale. No hype in USA either. I do agree it was a better season compared to past ones, but it felt unfinished. They could have ended better. I was like "wait thats it?"
Mafia Timer
Image thank you Heiots
HiroWorship
Supporting Actor

Postby Spleen on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 am

I didn't know it was the final until 5 mins before watching either...

A real slow ep for the final, and the showdown with Samuel was a major anti climax. With all the fuss over getting Sylar out the nightmare so he could save Emma, that was a major anti climax too.

However, what Claire did right at the end was damn amazing, despite it being a poor final, it couldn't have ended much better than that imo. One of the best bits in the entire show, almost makes up for how crap Claire is the rest of the time.

This season was a big improvement over previous ones though, and i'm glad theres gonna be another.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby st3v3n7 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:33 am

The season finales have such chances to be epic but always fizzle. You can claim its due to lack of budget but I believe its just due to lack of plain effort.
st3v3n7
Stunt Double

Postby charliefan4life on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:25 am

I agree. The way they ended the Samuel saga-so anticlimatic. And was there any doubt Noah and Claire were getting rescued somehow? All I could think through that whole bit when Noah was telling her how she was the greatest thing that ever happened in his life or whatever was "hm, you're son's going to need some serious therapy the rest of his life" :roll:. Tracy just going to be a puddle in the ground now? And poor Hiro, didn't even get the girl.

Sylar-serial killer to saviour in one episode. That has to be a record.

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Rogers on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:41 pm

I don't want to sound overly dramatic - I really don't - but I don't think I'm going to watch Heroes anymore. This season was so un-fulfilling that I can't imagine being interested in a new season. I can't believe they talked their way out of Samuel using his powers (i honestly thought he was going to move mountains, move entire cities, or even move planets) but he did nothing?!

As for a comic-style show about "specials," they were remarkably unspecial. Even Sylar didn't do anything cool. There was literally only one punch thrown after an entire season of "Heroes" being pitted against an army of circus freaks.

And did Samuel ... after everyone left, did he collapse and die?
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:52 pm

Rogers wrote:I don't want to sound overly dramatic - I really don't - but I don't think I'm going to watch Heroes anymore. This season was so un-fulfilling that I can't imagine being interested in a new season. I can't believe they talked their way out of Samuel using his powers (i honestly thought he was going to move mountains, move entire cities, or even move planets) but he did nothing?!

As for a comic-style show about "specials," they were remarkably unspecial. Even Sylar didn't do anything cool. There was literally only one punch thrown after an entire season of "Heroes" being pitted against an army of circus freaks.

And did Samuel ... after everyone left, did he collapse and die?

Agreeing on this one, It's almost like the show runners have just given up.

And the Hiro/Charlie thing... What the heck was that? She just happened to be in the same hospital, on the same floor, AND happened to see his chart... C'mon already, my 13 yr old could have done better than that.

And when did Ando's spark become a 'Supercharger' :S, The last thing we saw Ando do was fry the electronic lock, now he can boost powers???

I was late coming to this show (Around season 2 I think), and it's time to call it quits... It's just getting silly.
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby HiroWorship on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm

They showed Samuel being put into a police car. So what happens if he comes across more special people? He will be back in action. Maybe it was just a way to bring him back. Dunno :S

Andos powers have always been to "super charge" on someone else's powers.

I will watch if this show comes back, but only because I want to have closure on these people. I also love Sylar, but not sure how I will like him being a hero. There is just something so wrong about him being a good guy, or am I alone in thinking that?
Mafia Timer
Image thank you Heiots
HiroWorship
Supporting Actor

Postby RevelFire on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Ando's powers were originally to "super charge" someone's powers, I loved that cause it made him the ultimate sidekick and I waited for 2 seasons for it to be properly utilized specially with Hiro's powers....and in the end it was another anti-climatic moment. I even remember that at first Ando was upset that he could only make "red flashing lights" and that he could only use them around someone else...but before you knew it, they focused on making his power be lighting attacks....they had a good opportunity to enhance character relationships with his power but they just didn't do it.

Oh and on a related Ando note....I am still upset that they never explained why Ando was going to kill Hiro in season 3? (what Hiro saw when he went to the future) Honestly I don't care but what frustrates me that they start storylines but in the end thy just drop them.

RevelFire
Stunt Double

Postby C.A.B1992 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 am

The preview of Volume 6 gives me some hope the next season will explore some new ground with specials being exposed and Syalr becoming a hero.
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:09 am

I thought it was ridiculous Samuel had absolutely no power when the others weren't around. It never stopped him before. I thought they just amped up his power, not that they were the complete source of it.

And, they really floundered on Parkman since Season 2. I don't think they knew what to do with him. And no Mohinder? No Angela? Shame.

Sidenote: Was that the puppetmaster driving Kate's cab on LOST?

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby RevelFire on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:10 am

charliefan4life wrote:
Sidenote: Was that the puppetmaster driving Kate's cab on LOST?

LOL
Yeap that was him. Seems like Heroes actors are only good for Transporting the people of LOST :P ( Parkman also being the pilot of The plane that crashed on the island)

RevelFire
Stunt Double

Next

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]