[Official] Heroes Ep. 3.25 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Heroes Ep. 3.25 Discussion

Postby Nelson64 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 pm

I think all of us just have to wait for next season...everyone's drawing conclusions and whining about how characters havent shown up...well wait ...just wait we cant have EVERYTHING answered in one episode...

ps....if they would have made the finally 2 hours...that would have been amazing
Nelson64
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Zachton on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:58 pm

The reason we didn't "see" the fight was basically due to the budget I'm assuming. Since one of the big factors as of late was how much Heroes episodes were costing, and they needed to hold back, the style of off screen action works rather well.

As for Parkman's power... he is telepathic. He can read thoughts, and tell people what to think, and therefore tell them what to do. In this case he uses his power to convince Sylar that he was in fact Nathan.
Zachton
Viewer

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 am

I know it's budget....but they can manage that. If they truly wanted to do a fight, manage your budget, and save for the finale.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby elementalninja on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:42 am

it was one of the best heroes episodes! and here's why...

1) nathan's "death" sets up a completely new dynamic for petrelli and co. people moan how heroes recycles storyline's well they now have something very fresh to work with.

2) yeh yeh we didn't get to see the fight but what an amazing job with props! even though i wanted to see what happened that technique worked perfectly to frustrate us and put us on edge...

3) a serious storyline for hiro! he sucks as the comic relief... masi oka is totally on the game when he's given some toned down material! i hope it lasts...

4) tracy has mastered her ability?!? water mimicking?! awesome... (no way is she the big bad for next season tho)

5) the acting... give em some credit! angela, matt, sylar and peter (christine rose, greg grunberg, zachary quinto and milo ventimiglia) put in amazing performances!

its looking good for season 4... lets not forget that bryan fuller has a tight leash on this now! :thumbsup:
elementalninja
Viewer

Postby Quarem on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:03 am

Ok, some people are saying this volume was bad, but compared to the others, I consider it the second best. Huge gains in character development (for once). Here's why its the second best:

Peter has finally become a strategic hero. He's no longer the run and hug type. Him alone learning to be useful has made this volume the second best.

Hiro wasn't a disaster. He didn't screw up every mission he was given. He was extremely useful in the finale and was actually smart for once. He was smart enough to realize that every time he uses his power that it has to count.

Ali larter's character was really good too. A little underused this volume, but set up well for next season. This might be a little inappropriate but I think i'd be willing to be killed by her if she had an entrance like that. One of the best episodes of the past two seasons were when she finally broke out. Thats saying something since I having liked her characters since day 1.

Angela was great. Showed true emotion, but the writers didn't change her character and brought nathan 'alive' again.

I have no problems with sylar becoming nathan. In fact, Its a great idea. It has a big comic book heroes feel to me. You know, where nobody really dies, which I'm alright with. It sets up a good story for next season. Especially with HRG, Angela, and parkman all knowing about it and possible feuds occuring.

The company rebuilding is set up well for next season also. Hows it going to be built? Who's going to be in charge? Who's capturing people with abilities. Should be good.

Claire has grown too. No longer the daddy hater all the time. It would be a huge mistake if the writer's went back to that, but i will trust that they wont.

Now that saying, you'll notice that theres a lot of 'next season' in there. Although this is the second best, its not near the best, but the show has potential to come back. They underused a few characters this season: Rebel, Ali larter's character(s), Ando, water boy. but they can bring them back and use them.

However, I will strongly agree how the season finale was not really a finale. After last weeks episode, I was not at all excited for the finale. I didn't have the feeling of 'can't miss television' for me. Plus skipping over the fight scene was a shame.

Overall, I will come back and watch next season with much anticipation like I always have. Can't wait.

P.S. You got to remember the past two volumes which were very subpar.
Can't wait till next episode!!
Quarem
Extra

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 am

Quarem wrote:Ok, some people are saying this volume was bad, but compared to the others, I consider it the second best.

I agree that it is the second best, but that is not saying much.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Brewski on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 am

Great episode, i think it was genius by the writers to do what they did with the nathan/sylar issue, thats something i totally didnt expect. One wonders how much of zachery quinto we'll see next season though...Also if nathan gets hurt and heals.. he'll surely be questioning how he got the ability to heal.. somethings bound to give and it'll only be a matter of time.
Alot of people are complaining bout the lack of the fight scene.. i agree to only a certain extent, that it was a shame not to see it.
But i think we'll get to see this on an extras slot on the series 3 box-set. It makes alot of sense ( a great incentive to buy the box-set) and im sure the CGI folks wont hold back.
Has an iphone that belongs to some of you! :P
Brewski
Star Billing

Postby Soundwave815 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:29 am

I've been trying to like heroes for too long I think. they set us up with a good fight and the grab it out of our hands.
If anyone was watching Chuck right before it, now THAT was an hour of TV. I'd suggest to any heroes fans who are also tired or lameness to star watching Chuck. it's fantastic,

**** they killed nathan, although I'm glad they are killing people.
hiros story line just completly deux ex machina'd it'self at the end.
I'm really considering giving up on the show..it's a shame.
Soundwave815
Extra

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:42 am

Soundwave815 wrote:I've been trying to like heroes for too long I think. they set us up with a good fight and the grab it out of our hands.
If anyone was watching Chuck right before it, now THAT was an hour of TV. I'd suggest to any heroes fans who are also tired or lameness to star watching Chuck. it's fantastic,

Completely agree. When I saw the Heroes finale at 6:00 AM, I was "Meh, it was okay." Looking back...it wasn't, and it's harder to justify me watching the show.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Quarem on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 am

My reasoning is that if your ready to quit watching heroes now after watching one of the better volumes, then I don't understand. Why quit now? Maybe your looking for another season 1 but that is never going to happen again. I rewatched that season just a couple weekends ago and its so ridiculously awesome, nothing will compare. The show is getting better and developing new storylines that I want to see. I'm saying keep on giving the show a chance if you've stayed this long.
Can't wait till next episode!!
Quarem
Extra

Postby bonniesrg on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:36 am

I'm so sad at Nathan's death, but relieved Pasdar is sticking with the show. Of course Adrian Pasdar and Zachary Quinto's shared screentime is a disappointment, seeing as I guess I'll have to put up wth constantly seeing laire on my screen. ¬¬

Some funny moments Sylar calling Lyle Larry [that boy get's no love from anyone], Ando sticking the pictures from the board into his pocket and Peter finding Nathan on the bathroom floor.
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:38 am

Because "one of the better volumes" doesn't cut it for me. In a 1-to-10 scale, you can say a 5 is better than a 3, but it's still a five.

And (I know I'm repeating myself) I'm awfully bitter Heroes is safe for another season, while Chuck, a show of better quality, is on the bubble.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Nelson64 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:44 am

Chuck is deffinately not of better quality...i mean i have nothing against it but i mean Chuck is just a lil bit rediculous...but i think as long as Heroes is NBC's top rated show (tied with The Office) its not going any where....
Nelson64
Viewer

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:53 am

Chuck yesterday had a 3.6 rating, while Heroes had 4.0. Still not much of a difference.

And definition of ridiculous varies among each person. For once, I find ridiculous that a character searches for a woman he loved in a vision. And when he finds her, and she gets shot, it doesn't take long for him to forget her and return to his exwife.

And I find most ridiculous of all that a character uses the argument "You kill Hiro in the future, right? So he can't be dead?", when we know since episode 5 of the first season that the future can change. And again on Season 2. And again in Season 3 where they stopped the DC bomb from exploding (granted, this was after that was said, but still).

I know I'll take heat for my statement, but I stand by it.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby beresford on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:00 am

Quarem wrote:Ok, some people are saying this volume was bad, but compared to the others, I consider it the second best. Huge gains in character development (for once). Here's why its the second best:

Peter has finally become a strategic hero. He's no longer the run and hug type. Him alone learning to be useful has made this volume the second best.

Hiro wasn't a disaster. He didn't screw up every mission he was given. He was extremely useful in the finale and was actually smart for once. He was smart enough to realize that every time he uses his power that it has to count.

Ali larter's character was really good too. A little underused this volume, but set up well for next season. This might be a little inappropriate but I think i'd be willing to be killed by her if she had an entrance like that. One of the best episodes of the past two seasons were when she finally broke out. Thats saying something since I having liked her characters since day 1.

Angela was great. Showed true emotion, but the writers didn't change her character and brought nathan 'alive' again.

I have no problems with sylar becoming nathan. In fact, Its a great idea. It has a big comic book heroes feel to me. You know, where nobody really dies, which I'm alright with. It sets up a good story for next season. Especially with HRG, Angela, and parkman all knowing about it and possible feuds occuring.

The company rebuilding is set up well for next season also. Hows it going to be built? Who's going to be in charge? Who's capturing people with abilities. Should be good.

Claire has grown too. No longer the daddy hater all the time. It would be a huge mistake if the writer's went back to that, but i will trust that they wont.

Now that saying, you'll notice that theres a lot of 'next season' in there. Although this is the second best, its not near the best, but the show has potential to come back. They underused a few characters this season: Rebel, Ali larter's character(s), Ando, water boy. but they can bring them back and use them.

However, I will strongly agree how the season finale was not really a finale. After last weeks episode, I was not at all excited for the finale. I didn't have the feeling of 'can't miss television' for me. Plus skipping over the fight scene was a shame.

Overall, I will come back and watch next season with much anticipation like I always have. Can't wait.

P.S. You got to remember the past two volumes which were very subpar.

I agree with almost everything you've said. Personally, I've loved volume 1; volume 2 was considerably worse; volume 3 was AWFUL, I was honestly very close to leaving the show, this coming from someone who always keep watching the shows until the end. This volume was sooo much better. I've loved the initial episodes where everyone was on the plane and then running through the jungle, and then we had a lot of great episodes during the season, with a lot of character improvement. Personally my favorite was Cold Snap.

As I've expressed before, I can't agree with the Sylar becoming Nathan thing. It's too lame, too bad in my opinion. But apart from that, I can see almost every character with a path and a motivation for next season. And by motivation I mean, normal people motivation, which is what the show is about, as Bryan Fuller keeps saying in his interviews.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]