[Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discus

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 am

...which is unfortunate considering they've put little to no effort in developing him.

But hey, at least he's getting a paycheck! I'd love to get paid to be on the Walking Dead and be on camera every once in a while.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:33 pm

I've been expecting them to kill him off for a while now and they still haven't. I swear he's like never on camera, then just shows up to clean up the bodies after a zombie attack...why? At least Carol they've given a tiny bit of depth to in recent episodes but T-Dog really just seems like a waste at this point.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Poor T-Dogg - I guess I'm the only one hoping they end up using him in some big way in the next two episodes and give him purpose for the next season!
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Hey, I'd have no problem if they decided to actually give him something to do...I think it's long overdue. They just don't seem inclined to do it.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Bec666 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Me too. I wasn't dissing him. I just wondered why if they were ever going to let him do something. :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Joshua on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 am

If they don't kill him in the next two episodes, I have to assume that he will have some role in S3. If he doesn't, then... well, it'd be very strange to keep him around

Must suck for the actor, too.

"Hey, I'm actually in this scene... oh wait, no dialogue :( "
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:30 pm

That's what I'm thinking - I won't be shocked if he's a casualty in the next two episodes though. If he lives, I really hope they use him for some kind of big storyline in Season 3 to make up to the actor - he deserves better.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 am

Wow...they keep throwing the twists and turns at us!

I loved the whole opening...Rick's speech at Dale's grave juxtaposed with the group killing zombies...as if they were finally remembering what the real threat was.

Then things seemed to slow down a bit and I thought maybe they were giving us a reprieve from the emotional jolts and then the whole second half was just...wow!

I knew nothing good could come of Lori's little talk with Shane...and btw, maybe you should stop mooning over him and pay more attention to your kid...as if Shane weren't messed up enough already, that just drove him over the edge.

I was applauding Daryl as they were searching for Randall...I was wondering if anyone was going to see through Shane's b.s. Then when Randall attacked I was afraid he or Glenn were going to buy it.

I guess now we know what the guy at the CDC whispered to Rick...you don't have to be bitten to turn, you just have to die...which Shane proved in the biggest wow moment of the night.

Had to admit, I didn't think Rick had it in him but he did what he had to do. And so did Carl...finally!

Looks like we're heading for a doozy of a season finale!

Oh and btw...that shot of Rick and Shane standing in the field with the moon overhead...just kickass cinematography!

Looking forward to next week!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 am

I'm going to miss Shane. He was a violent bully and a complete lunatic, but week after week he was always the most interesting character. Whether you have read the comics or not (and I have), we all know there will be a new conflict next season, and I hope the new enemy will be as fascinating as Shane. But I don't know, the best friend/worst enemy storyline has been so compelling and I don''t know that an external enemy would be as interesting. I guess I have to sit tight and trust the writers.

I have thought since S1 that Darryl and Rick could become good friends if Darryl would only have some self confidence and use his natural leadership qualities. For the last two weeks he has been doing Rick's dirty work, and did you catch him telling Rick "there ain't no reason you should do all the heavy lifting?" I wonder if now he will step up and take his place at Rick's side.

Not sure where Carl got the gun he surrendered to Shane. Didn't he lose it in the swamp when the walker attacked him? Did he go back into the woods and fetch it?

I have no idea what to expect from the season finale, but I took note of Herschel's mention that he was going to stock the basement with food so they could hole up in there if necessary. I guess we're going to have ourselves a siege! Made me think of Romero's original Night of the Living Dead, the characters have a protracted argument about whether the basement is the safest place or a deathtrap.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 am

Love how Carl has basically killed off two annoying series regulars in the past two episodes. Hope the pattern continues in the finale. :P

Also the show has gotten so much better since Darabont left. Just saying.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:10 pm

It sure looks like Daryl is stepping up, so I'm hoping that will continue too. Almost had a heart attack last night when zombie Randall attacked him...thought maybe we were going to lose him too!

I had the same thought about Carl and the gun...he dropped it when the walker came after him so if he had it last night, he had to have gone back to get it. I was really disappointed with Rick's whole father/son talk...yeah, that was lame! But it's looking like Rick may be starting to go the direction Shane was, which would hold to the books. So it'll be interesting to see how things go from here.

Damn, it's going to be one long summer! :P
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah, not everyone has read the books CLDeangirl...

Hated Shane, but at a crossroads over his death. he was a good character, there to be hated - who will take over from him? I hate Lori, Carl and Andrea, but I don't think are meant to be hated like Shane was.
Upset over Dale's death, yeah, he complained a lot, but everything he complained about was right - the group as a whole were being ridiculous.
They really need to get Glenn's romantic story-line out the window, it is just rubbish. What is the point in T-Dog, really? Give him something to do or kill him.
Daryl is my favourite character by far, I like both sides to him and hope he becomes a more prominent figure in the group, I also hope his brother comes back somehow, seen as the guy who plays Merle is a fantastic actor, and in his brief stint on the show, showed how awesome he would be at playing a complete c*nt.

Btw, I just started watching this show, that is why is i my first posts, and more of an opinion on everything, rather than the episode.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Welcome to the show, DA :) Looking forward to reading your comments in future.

Mad episode, although I watch watching standard def which was awful so might have to rewatch the final minutes in high def.

For those who have read the comics - does anyone that dies become a zombie in the books, too?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby supermodel on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:53 pm

was really disappointed with Rick's whole father/son talk...yeah, that was lame!
Yeah, Shane was right when he pointed out that he has been a better father than Rick. Of course Lori is not much of a mother lately, either. Carl just wanders around unsupervised all day long. What was he doing out in a dark field in the middle of the night with a supposedly murderous Randall on the loose? They need to tie a bell around that kid's neck.

Joshua, in answer to your question
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
yes, in the comics if you die you become a zombie, a bite or scratch is not required.

Folks might want to read these two interviews with Robert Kirkman. In one of them he mentioned that he originally planned to kill off a third character in this week's ep but the writers made him dial it down. Interesting stuff but there are some mild spoilers and some discussion of what Kirkman believes was going on in Shane's mind etc. Also mentions of what has happened in the comics vs. the show. These are not huge spoilers but consider yourselves warned.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/the-walki ... -12-death/
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/walki ... kirkman-2/
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 am

cool links , thanks supermodel...

anyways...not much to say about the episode that hasnt been covered already...awesome, awesome episode...watched it before i went to work...having to wait 10 hours to watch it, knowing it was there on my laptop would have been to much...

they had been dropping hints all season about the shane / zombie reveal...the dead policemen without any bite marks, even the guy who hung himself ...i thought it was really well done...

and the next episode looks like it will be full on...

Lori is such a melter...you could say shane would still have tried to kill rick even without her little chat, but jesus woman, keep your mouth shut !! you know he's nuts, you even warned rick about him !! why stir it up again !!

I'm really glad that they kept carl shooting shane from the comics, albeit slightly changed...it was too good a scene to not use...

but its like the comics, absolutely no-one is safe...and the show is a hell of a lot better for it...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]