[Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discus

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 am

I think Lori knew exactly what she was doing. I don't buy for a second that any of what she said was genuine. She flat out said that she wasn't sure who the father of the unborn child was. Why would she do that if she didn't mean any harm?

RIP Shane....I so loved to hate you. ;)

I love this show!!!!!!!!
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby supermodel on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:57 am

Good point! Lori has said all along it's Rick baby, no matter what it's Rick's. Now all of a sudden she opens the door to the possibility that Shane is the father? She had to know that would set him off. Think she wanted Shane to go after Rick so that Rick would kill him? Because she know Rick is not capable of doing it unless it is in self-defense. Seems like a risky strategy, Shane is definitely both physically and mentally capable of killing Rick, it could have easily gone the other way.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 am

Zombie Shane looked more intelligent han regular Shane.
Lori, seriously?
Still dont like Carl.
Glenn is such a jessie sometimes.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Joshua on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:11 am

I have to say, Andrea has grown on me this series. Maybe it's because the majority of characters are (imo) unlikeable so perhaps in any other show I'd hate her, but yeah. Liking her.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Good points on Lori...what threw me about that whole scene was the look on her face when she looked out at the windmill and saw Shane working on it, I swear she looked like a lovesick teeanger! So either what she did was intentional or she had a REALLY hormonal pregnancy moment and just made a complete mess of things. Either way, that talk certainly didn't help matters.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah and remember two weeks ago when she and Rick were in the tent, and she was telling him Shane thinks he owns her and he will never give up? She has been stirring the pot for a while, I wonder if it was intentional or if she is just an idiot.

I don't like Lori either, and I have found Andrea more and more irritating week after week. All the women are either annoying or useless, except for Maggie. I would like to see some better female characters next season, or see our existing characters improve.

If you have read the books
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
we know that in the comics Glenn decides to remain on the farm when the group moves on. I hope on the TV show Maggie will decide to join Glenn on the road and they will both stay with the group.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Either way, I can't wait until next weeks episode. How ironic would it be if no one died in this one?
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

DharmaLager wrote:Either way, I can't wait until next weeks episode. How ironic would it be if no one died in this one?

id say that we have a zero percent chance of that happening !!!

Supermodel...we should be getting a few new characters for season 3, and my favourite female character from the comics should be one of them !!! cannot wait...

Loris is one of the characters that appears in the show as she did in the comics, a total head fry of a woman...im not sure if she was doing anything deliberate with her chat with shane in the last episode...i'm not sure what her reasoning would be other than her trying to be as nice to shane as she could...any other machavellian behaviour doesnt really sit right with me...she aint that type i reckon...misguided & far too opinionated yes, but some sort of cold hearted bitch playing the 2 alpha males against each other? cant see it myself...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:28 am

brentoid wrote:
DharmaLager wrote:Either way, I can't wait until next weeks episode. How ironic would it be if no one died in this one?

id say that we have a zero percent chance of that happening !!!

Supermodel...we should be getting a few new characters for season 3, and my favourite female character from the comics should be one of them !!! cannot wait...

Loris is one of the characters that appears in the show as she did in the comics, a total head fry of a woman...im not sure if she was doing anything deliberate with her chat with shane in the last episode...i'm not sure what her reasoning would be other than her trying to be as nice to shane as she could...any other machavellian behaviour doesnt really sit right with me...she aint that type i reckon...misguided & far too opinionated yes, but some sort of cold hearted bitch playing the 2 alpha males against each other? cant see it myself...

Ya know, when you say it like that, it makes more sense to me that what Lori did was unintentional. It would seem more in her character to actually say what she said to Shane in hopes of burying the hatchet and starting over. It seems more in line with her that she wouldn't realize that what she said would set Shane off and make him try killing Rick.

In essence, it doesn't make sense if she truly meant harm from her talk with Shane. If she meant for Shane to kill Rick....it makes no sense. If she meant for Rick to kill Shane, it was way, way, way too risky considering she never told Rick that Shane was going to try to kill him.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't think she could've known that Shane would actually try to kill Rick. That was the problem...Shane was far too unpredictable, which is why having that talk intentionally would've been a REALLY stupid thing to do. I honestly think she was having a hormone spike and it made her want to set things straight. Either way, she keeps up this behavior and it makes her arguably the most dangerous person in camp now.

And supermodel, on your spoiler...agreed! And I have a feeling there may be something happening in the finale that sets that in motion. ;)
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:27 am

So if you had to put money (no spoilers, but that goes without saying since it's the no spoilers area) on one person you don't want to make it through the finale, who would it be and why?

For me, it's anyone but TDog, but that's mainly b/c I want to see him as an important part of next season! (Clearly, Rick isn't going anywhere).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 am

DharmaLager wrote:So if you had to put money (no spoilers, but that goes without saying since it's the no spoilers area) on one person you don't want to make it through the finale, who would it be and why?

Lori and Carl, although I don't see that happening. :(
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Joshua wrote:
DharmaLager wrote:So if you had to put money (no spoilers, but that goes without saying since it's the no spoilers area) on one person you don't want to make it through the finale, who would it be and why?

Lori and Carl, although I don't see that happening. :(

Good luck with that one - I'm pretty sure team Grimes is going nowhere. Carl my kill the next person when he runs off into the woods again though ;)
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Personally, I think the deaths all be in Hershel's group....Maybe all of them save for Maggie.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:43 pm

I had a feeling Hershel wasn't going to make it but now I've seen something that has changed my mind. Won't post it on the non-spoiler board, though. ;)

I do agree that the deaths are likely to be in Hershel's group, but I can't see them killing all of them. And I certainly hope they don't kill Maggie...she's actually one of the better female characters they've got.

I'd like to see Lori and/or Carl go myself, but I don't think that's happening either. As long as Daryl sticks around, I'm a happy camper! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]