The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:58 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:Agreed that Carl should not have been wandering around the prison alone and that he's not as capable of making an informed decision as the others. Unfortunately, you're right, that's a function of his age. It still doesn't change the fact that they can't be keeping an eye on him continually anymore...it's just not realistic.

I've given up on the idea that they will ever keep an eye on Carl - esp. now that they need him more than ever to be a man and not a boy.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:43 pm

At least Lori has stopped asking "where's Carl," that's a major improvement.

As for what we're seeing with Rick, he is now much more similar to the character of the comic books. Comic Rick is very hardened by this point, and he didn't even kill Shane.

I am very interested to see where they go with the prisoners, as we have departed from the comic storyline. All we have left of the prisoners is Axel and that new guy named Oscar, so it looks like we are not getting any of the comic action. Last week we saw Rick kill that prisoner named Tomas, I wonder if that is a message to comic fans that we will not get to see Thomas the tax cheat.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Without spoiling anything for anyone, I will simply say part of me is glad they went a different way from the comics - otherwise, I'd know what was coming next. They've always made it clear that they'll do some things the same or similar (see Shane's death), yet different at the same time.

I do like Rick being more hardened - though part of me wishes there was an episode where we saw them really wandering, with the episode ending on them finding the prison. I know people are probably thinking that would drive them nuts - but there was some things I was hoping to see occur - most esp. the real desperation for some security when no place they find is good enough to stay anymore after spending time on the farm - which seemed so safe.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Yeah, it was interesting to choice to fast forward to this point. I think they did a pretty good job in E1 showing how desperate the group has become, but I also agree with you that perhaps they could have given us more.

Rick has changed a lot, how much do you think is due to Shane/Lori and how much due to the ongoing struggle to stay alive? We don't know what they have gone through in the last six months, but It wasn't so long ago that Rick struggled with whether or not to execute Randall. Now he just shoves Andrew out in the yard to be eaten alive.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:10 pm

I think they clarified it well - but I do think it would be nice if they did have a few flashbacks here or there (I know not everyone likes the flashback approach) to show how it came to that point. It would be interesting and could be useful for both the Rick and Andrea character to show her developing relationship with Michonne, which is now seemingly established.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Yeah, I would love to see those initial moments when Andrea says "thanks for saving my life but who the hell are you?"
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Normally the inconsistency would bug me but given the nature of the show, I think we can pretty much figure out for ourselves what was happening during the missing months. Particularly with Rick and his group, I think we were given enough to get the idea. It's a little more jarring with Andrea and Michonne, but then we've only seen them for about five minutes, maybe it'll flesh itself out (no pun intended) the more we see them.

As for Rick...I think it's definitely more about having to step up and kill Shane. He's now accepted the "do whatever it take to survive" approach and is no longer discussing everything ad nauseum. Understandable, under the circumstances.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Is anyone else amp'd up for this week's episode? Can't wait to see more of Andrea and Michonne!
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 pm

DharmaLager wrote:Is anyone else amp'd up for this week's episode? Can't wait to see more of Andrea and Michonne!

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I saw the promo pics!

I can not wait to see the episode!
TVSHOWTIME PROFILE
https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/6964315/profile
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/D0bT8qRW/Screenshot-6.jpg[img]

We are the rejected,the humiliated,we are the outcasts.We are the monsters that you created #TheFinal
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:14 pm

And did you guys see the clip on Talking Dead?
Merle Dixon is back!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:24 pm

supermodel wrote:And did you guys see the clip on Talking Dead?
Merle Dixon is back!

Hell yes! I'm SO EXCITED for the next episode! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh yeah...definitely excited!! :thumbsup:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:07 am

Ok...wow. That was intriquing and disturbing all at the same time. I wasn't sure I was going to like introducing a whole other group but it's a cool dynamic. Woodbury seems a bit "Stepford" to me. I don't blame Michonne for not trusting any of them as far as she could throw them. And speaking of Michonne, they're taking their sweet time developing her. And good to see Merle back again. I was kind of surprised there because even he seems unsure of the Governor. Can't really blame him...shooting those soldiers was cold, and even if you could justify it for security reasons, that last scene kind of blew it out of the water. Anyway, can't wait to see what's going to happen when Merle's reunited with Daryl. Loving this season so far!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:46 am

Considering the episode was mostly new characters - it was VERY well done. Loved every minute of it. I'll edit my full thoughts in tomorrow.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 pm

I am glad to hear that. I thought it was slow and boring, but that is probably because I have read the comics. I was interested to hear what you guys would have to say.
supermodel
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]