new location

Spoiler discussion for '24'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

new location

Postby CuInAnotherLifeBro on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:25 am

Exclusive: '24' moving to New York!

After six seasons in Los Angeles and one in D.C., Jack Bauer is taking his one-man show to Broadway!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that 24 will be relocating to New York next season -- at least on screen. (The show will still be primarily shot in Los Angeles, with some NY location footage mixed in.)

Production on Day 8 gets underway next month, but already details are emerging. In addition to the move to the Big Apple, CTU will make a comeback under the leadership of a new, yet-to-be-cast male character by the name of Brian Hastings. Described as an MBA type with a razor sharp intellect, Hastings will be joined by two new twentysomething agents (one male, one female), as well as Mary Lynn Rajskub's returning Chloe.

As previously reported, Slumdog Millionaire's smarmy game show host, Anil Kapoor, is joining the cast as Arman Hashemi, a Middle Eastern leader on a peacemaking mission in the U.S. Casting is underway for the roles of his brother and wife.
EW.com
by Michael Ausiello
CuInAnotherLifeBro
Stunt Double

Location: "the most beautiful part of the island is Scotland"

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: new location

Postby Nick on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:43 am

I'm liking the sound of this so far. I love the locale of NYC and I'm happy they're bringing CTU back. The only problem I really have is them not actually filming in New York City. It's a hard place to duplicate because it's one of the most distinctive places in the United States, and them filming it in LA could backfire because it might look nothing like New York City.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby CuInAnotherLifeBro on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:56 am

Nick wrote:I'm liking the sound of this so far. I love the locale of NYC and I'm happy they're bringing CTU back. The only problem I really have is them not actually filming in New York City. It's a hard place to duplicate because it's one of the most distinctive places in the United States, and them filming it in LA could backfire because it might look nothing like New York City.

I've read a couple of the 24 books and one of them was set in NYC. The back alley ways and grotty Mafioso Irish bars are well suited to the show. The books weren't too great but not all that bad either. Looking forward to it.
CuInAnotherLifeBro
Stunt Double

Location: "the most beautiful part of the island is Scotland"

Postby SuperSerb on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm also happy they're bringing back CTU, and I'm looking forward to see that new boss, Brian Hastings. Hope he will like Jack. :)
And, what time you think that will pass from s7 to s8?
I guess it will be about 1 month, and Tony will be the main villain in s8.
But I can't certanly say that, in this article, it says THAT END OF S7 WILL HAVE DIRECT CONNECTION TO ALL S8 EVENTS.
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby diddymao28 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:03 pm

I think this a brave move for the show, which always tends to push the limits of what we see on TV and what happens to the USA. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is the first major show that will probably have a plot with terrisom in NYC after 9/11. I hope they do it right and I am looking forward to S8.
diddymao28
Extra

Return to 24 Spoilers