Episode 6.01/6.02

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 6.01/6.02

Postby Taylijane on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 am

Here is a topic specific to the discussion and spoilers for Episode 6.01 - we do not have a title as yet.

Casting Calls:
[ANDY SMITH] Male, All Ethnicities, 18 year old that must look 15 years old, tall, middle class, patient in the hospital. GUEST STAR, 2 EPISODE ARC

[PAM SMITH] Female, All Ethnicities, mid 30s - mid 40s, likeable, middle class, mom of ANDY. GUEST STAR, 2 EPISODE ARC

[CLARA] Female, All Ethnicities, 19 year old, patient in the hospital that has been in an accident. Must be foreign with true accent and have working papers. GUEST STAR, 2 EPISODE ARC.

[JASMINE & JO] Female, All Ethnicities, 19 years old. Fit, happy, outdoorsy girls traveling through the states sptv050769. Must be foreign with true accent and have working papers. CO-STARS

[PRIEST] Male, Catholic priest, All Ethnicities, 60s. CO-STAR

From TV Guide Mega Buzz today:
Is there anything to report about the new season of Grey's Anatomy? — Jenny
MATT: I know there's been talk that Season 6 might pick up a few months after the nail-biting May finale, but sources tell me that's not the case. In fact, the Sept. 24 opener will find both Izzie and disfigured George still coding — and as anyone following the headlines can tell you, T.R. Knight isn't returning to the cast. Over the two-hour premiere, watch for the outcome of this traumatic scenario to weigh heavily on a lot of people — including at least one doctor whose reaction you may have taken for granted.

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Gr ... 08041.aspx

So the premiere is a two hour affair - I wonder if it will be counted as 2 episodes?

And for those like me who love Castle :D :
Any scoop on Castle? I love that show. — Joni
TIM: Season 2's opening scene finds Det. Beckett more than a little annoyed at Castle's celebrity as he celebrates the release of his new book with a story in Cosmopolitan... and two women dressed in skimpy police uniforms. It seems Beckett is a little tired of being seen not just as a seasoned professional but as Castle's potential love interest. Unfortunately for the character, that's precisely why she's on the show.

Ummmmmmm! :lol:
Last edited by PandaVamp on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No spoilers in the subject line. Thank you.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 6.01 - ?????????? - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Humbugged on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 am

Grey's Exclusive: Mitch Pileggi Returns for Season Premiere

Grey's Anatomy has prescribed an encore for X-Files alum Mitch Pileggi.

Pileggi, who first guest-starred on the ABC drama toward the end of Season 3, will return for the two-hour Season 6 premiere, again playing hospital board chairman Larry Jennings, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

When Pileggi first appeared as Jennings, the Seattle Grace bigwig required medical attention after a trip to the Amazon left him with a carnivorous fish lodged in an unfortunate part of the anatomy.

For his encore, Pileggi's hospital mucky-muck will have official business to tend to. It perhaps relates to not one but two staff doctors, Izzie Stevens and George O'Malley, looking the Grim Reaper in the eye.

Martha Plimpton to do 'Grey's' arc

Martha Plimpton has been tapped for a multi-episode arc on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy."

Starting with the season premiere of "Grey's," Plimpton will appear as the mother of a young patient.

The upcoming sixth season of "Grey's" premieres Sept. 24.

Plimpton, who received a Tony nomination this year for "Pal Joey," is repped by Innovative and Impression.

On TV, she previously recurred on another medical drama, NBC's "ER."

The growing pains boys mother I guess ?
Why would the Chairman of the Board be back .

:offtopic:

Castle/Beckett seem to be back to normal then Tayli :rofl: .
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks, Humbugged.

I am just wondering about Izzie. I don't think that Izzie will miraculously recover if or when she is resuscitated after coding in the S5 finale. sr probably realises it would have been "suicidal" for the series to kill both the characters (George and Izzie) off at the same time - although if any one should be in the psyche ward, it is sr - so who really knows. Draw out the pathos and continue the punishment plan of KH ( :whistle: ) for a while longer.

The little bits of twitter that Sunny brought over from Krista also indicates that we will not be seeing much of Meredith and not meaning just seeing her only from the waist up. Krista hints that we will not be seeing much of EP so Mere's role will be light on for the first half of S6, I believe.

Not sure how Mitch Pileggi's role as a hospital administrator come into the demise of George unless he is representing the hospital at George's funeral but I think the premiere will end on the cliff-hanger of the appearance of Nathan. :w00t: Mr P3nis-fish may be there to introduce George's replacement. Although Nathan is probably more Lexie's age - 5 years younger than Mere. Lets keep an eye on the guest star spots and see if there are any 20-somethings with mixed Afro-American looks for end of 6.02/6.03. :P

Humbugged wrote:.

:offtopic:

Castle/Beckett seem to be back to normal then Tayli :rofl: .

Yes, Humbugged. I was wondering how they get from Castle telling Kate that he has found out her mother's death was not random at the end of S1 to the first scene being Beckett arriving at a book promotion and seeing the near naked "policewomen" at Castle's book promotion. But, I don't think we will have long to wait to see the sparks fly! :PP
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:26 am

Taylijane wrote:Thanks, Humbugged.

I am just wondering about Izzie. I don't think that Izzie will miraculously recover if or when she is resuscitated after coding in the S5 finale. sr probably realises it would have been "suicidal" for the series to kill both the characters (George and Izzie) off at the same time - although if any one should be in the psyche ward, it is sr - so who really knows. Draw out the pathos and continue the punishment plan of KH ( :whistle: ) for a while longer.

The little bits of twitter that Sunny brought over from Krista also indicates that we will not be seeing much of Meredith and not meaning just seeing her only from the waist up. Krista hints that we will not be seeing much of EP so Mere's role will be light on for the first half of S6, I believe.

Not sure how Mitch Pileggi's role as a hospital administrator come into the demise of George unless he is representing the hospital at George's funeral but I think the premiere will end on the cliff-hanger of the appearance of Nathan. :w00t: Mr P3nis-fish may be there to introduce George's replacement. Although Nathan is probably more Lexie's age - 5 years younger than Mere. Lets keep an eye on the guest star spots and see if there are any 20-somethings with mixed Afro-American looks for end of 6.02/6.03. :P

Could it be the case that the DNR comes back to bite Richard .He maybe gets suspended while its being investigated and Derek gets named as temp Chief .(Did PD not have other projects early autumn.) With EP its not the bump hiding which wil be the problem ,its the maternity leave problem .I think I read that she can take up to 2 months .Derek being temp chief would mean long hours and would give a reason for them to be back to the bookends.

Still not sold on the Nathan thing .Especially as EP is going to be light and that story is Mere's.

from Alex_Karev at ABC (will add link later not working at minute)

What's up with the moms? Ellen Pompeo is due to have her first baby in the fall. No official word yet on what her maternity leave will mean for Dr. Meredith Grey's appearances on the show, but there is some talk that she may be able appear in all episodes of season six thanks to some creative scheduling.

So they will maybe be filming a block of Mere before she has the baby by the sound of it ??
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Humbugged wrote:

Could it be the case that the DNR comes back to bite Richard .He maybe gets suspended while its being investigated and Derek gets named as temp Chief .(Did PD not have other projects early autumn.) With EP its not the bump hiding which wil be the problem ,its the maternity leave problem .I think I read that she can take up to 2 months .Derek being temp chief would mean long hours and would give a reason for them to be back to the bookends.

Still not sold on the Nathan thing .Especially as EP is going to be light and that story is Mere's.

from Alex_Karev at ABC (will add link later not working at minute)

What's up with the moms? Ellen Pompeo is due to have her first baby in the fall. No official word yet on what her maternity leave will mean for Dr. Meredith Grey's appearances on the show, but there is some talk that she may be able appear in all episodes of season six thanks to some creative scheduling.

So they will maybe be filming a block of Mere before she has the baby by the sound of it ??[/quote]

The DNR was for Izzie so she survives....? Who reports the breach? How does the hospital administrator get wind into this? I guess it could happen after all the resus must be charted and reported. So we just have Derek as Chief and we see Derek getting home late with Mere in bed and Derek leaving for work with Mere in bed at the beginning and end of each episode? Nathan may be working there for some time without anyone being the wiser except Richard, who is on leave and then mid season when EP is back on board full time we get the bombshell?

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Back to speculations ... move it.

They start to film 6.01 today ... I'm quite sad that we will not get too much of Mer. But from Krista's tweets, it seems that we are going to like what's happening for MerDer (I would love a McBaby, I'm sure Leli too).

As for the DNR, many say that it has to do with George and Izzie.

Beginning of season 5, we had so little of MerDer, beginning of season 6 is going to be the same :x :x
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:11 am

md_em wrote:Back to speculations ... move it.

They start to film 6.01 today ... I'm quite sad that we will not get too much of Mer. But from Krista's tweets, it seems that we are going to like what's happening for MerDer (I would love a McBaby, I'm sure Leli too).

As for the DNR, many say that it has to do with George and Izzie.

Beginning of season 5, we had so little of MerDer, beginning of season 6 is going to be the same :x :x

Yes,yes indeed I would die to see a mcbaby but I don't see that happening since our....lovely (cough) writer-Shonda-said no Mcbaby in the next 6 weeks or next 6 months :x :x Well,that was before Ellen's pregnancy but still people,I don't think she would give us such a gift!!! ¬¬ ¬¬ ¬¬

So,another "Izzie stevens" season??? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:45 pm

07/31 - At least three new interns arrive at Seattle Grace. One intern named Hank is happy to do sutures on a live person for once. This makes Intern Jen jealous so she decides to watch.
Patient Miguel Canales, who has heart disease, is not too happy when his doctor handed over his case to a third year resident. The resident reassures Miguel by telling him his rather aggressive disease has stopped progressing.
A new physical therapist named John is introduced while taking care of Monica a depressed patient who just got a new prosthetic leg. Monica isn't in a positive state of mind and doesn't want to try out her new leg.
Source: SpoilerFix.com
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:25 pm

greymaters wrote:07/31 - At least three new interns arrive at Seattle Grace. One intern named Hank is happy to do sutures on a live person for once. This makes Intern Jen jealous so she decides to watch.
Patient Miguel Canales, who has heart disease, is not too happy when his doctor handed over his case to a third year resident. The resident reassures Miguel by telling him his rather aggressive disease has stopped progressing.
A new physical therapist named John is introduced while taking care of Monica a depressed patient who just got a new prosthetic leg. Monica isn't in a positive state of mind and doesn't want to try out her new leg.
Source: SpoilerFix.com

Miguel is Izzy and the resident is an oncologist ( the cast call says he is a 1 day guest star)and John is only listed as a co star to work on a case, so these 2 aren't going to be regulars just the next Daisy Peppmans.

[ONCOLOGIST RESIDENT] Male, all ethnicities, mid to late 30s...ONE-DAY GUEST STAR

[JON] Male, all ethnicities, 30s, physically fit guy...CO-STAR

http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... -call.html
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby ivaja on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:36 pm

I can't wait for this.
ivaja
Extra

Postby Humbugged on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 am

from Crystelle @ TWoP

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32301879/ns ... nt-gossip/

Actor T.R. Knight doesn’t return for the Sept. 24 “Grey’s Anatomy” season premiere, but his character, Dr. George O’Malley, will.

“Transplant doctors descend on Seattle Grace because it's revealed that George was a registered organ donor," according to a source who was on the “Grey’s” set and spoke to Life & Style. “But his colleagues are still reeling from George's death and are fighting with the transplant doctors to stop them from taking his lungs, liver, corneas and bone marrow. It's only when everyone hears what lives will be saved that George's friends start to get some perspective on his death.”

According to the source, all of the scenes with George were shot using special effects and makeup.

"It's one of the goriest scenes they've ever done because you literally see each of these organs get pulled out of his body," says the insider.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 am

Humbugged wrote:from Crystelle @ TWoP

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32301879/ns ... nt-gossip/

Actor T.R. Knight doesn’t return for the Sept. 24 “Grey’s Anatomy” season premiere, but his character, Dr. George O’Malley, will.

“Transplant doctors descend on Seattle Grace because it's revealed that George was a registered organ donor," according to a source who was on the “Grey’s” set and spoke to Life & Style. “But his colleagues are still reeling from George's death and are fighting with the transplant doctors to stop them from taking his lungs, liver, corneas and bone marrow. It's only when everyone hears what lives will be saved that George's friends start to get some perspective on his death.”

According to the source, all of the scenes with George were shot using special effects and makeup.

"It's one of the goriest scenes they've ever done because you literally see each of these organs get pulled out of his body," says the insider.

Oh, I do hope they do use some discretion. I would hate for people to be turned off donating their organs. In my experience, the donor has always been treated as any other living patient in the OR. I do hope they do not try for grizzly just for shock value. :cry:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:28 pm

M.J. in Talladega, Ala.: Any news on Grey's Anatomy? I can't wait for the new episodes.
Sources tell us that Grey's Anatomy has cast two very hairy new guest stars: a monkey and a bear. Yes, in an upcoming episode, the Grey's castmembers work with a monkey and a bear, and no those aren't euphemisms for something. Will the monkey and the bear fare better than Meredith's mangy dog or that deer Izzie did surgery on? Tune in to find out!

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_wi ... greys.html

I don' t know what to think about this O.o
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 am

greymaters wrote:M.J. in Talladega, Ala.: Any news on Grey's Anatomy? I can't wait for the new episodes.
Sources tell us that Grey's Anatomy has cast two very hairy new guest stars: a monkey and a bear. Yes, in an upcoming episode, the Grey's castmembers work with a monkey and a bear, and no those aren't euphemisms for something. Will the monkey and the bear fare better than Meredith's mangy dog or that deer Izzie did surgery on? Tune in to find out!

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_wi ... greys.html

I don' t know what to think about this O.o

Somebody on another board suggested it might actually be about Arizona's badges (monkey & a bear ) .I seem to remember one of the sides featured a patient and the badges
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Sym on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:18 am

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Please tell me that Izzie will die!
I hate Izzie
TVSHOWTIME PROFILE
https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/6964315/profile
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/D0bT8qRW/Screenshot-6.jpg[img]

We are the rejected,the humiliated,we are the outcasts.We are the monsters that you created #TheFinal
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers