Episode 7.06 -These Arms of Mine - Spoilers

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 7.06 -These Arms of Mine - Spoilers

Postby Humbugged on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:33 pm

from Windsprints at TWoP

Alex gets to do to VO

Alex has a big case with a little girl as his patient. She has a tumor and the do an experimental procedure where they grow a trachea for her. The episode seems to span time and at one point has her being interviewed about her trachea being grown. The scenes with her and Alex seem like they will be great. There's a scene with him telling her to not screw up his trachea. No mosh pits, no crowd surfing but Lilith Fair is ok. No drugs,smoking, drinking. No giving out her number to guys until she is 30 cause guys are all jerks. That's what she needs to do to take care of the trachea.

There's also a person being interviewed that has ok'ed the donation of her husband's hand. LOL whoever is on that case is the one with the falling in love, etc. She talks about it being hard because someone else will be holding his hand, talks about telling him getting a tattoo with her name and how she thought that was idiotic. That normal people declare their love with a poem, etc. Sam then got on one knee and proposed to her. After that, no matter what, if they were fighting, etc. she would get a glimpse of the tattoo and think "he loves me". "He loved me"

and Crystelle @TWoP added

WindSprints already posted the gist of it and I already said what the bit of VO is about. They released two more sides later: Alex's patient's mother and the hand transplant recipient. As to Lily's (Alex's 9 y.o. patient) mother, there's a scene where the doctors are explaining the situation to her - Lily has a tumor and to remove it they'd have to remove her entire trachea and most of her esophagus meaning Lily won't have enough trachea to keep breathing. It's a death sentence whether they operate or not. The next scene seems to be an interview part. Lily's mom is saying they live 3 hours away which makes it hard for her to come to the hospital more than twice a week. She hates leaving Lily alone for that long but she wants what is best for her (for her to live), says Dr. Smith came to her and said there may be something experimental they could do for Lily.

The hand transplant recipient is there with his wife. They are both really happy and excited the transplant is finally going to happen, they've had to wait a long time for it. There's a scene where the patient's wife tells Dr. Smith and Dr. Brown that her husband not having hands could have either come between them or bring them closer together - it's brought them closer together. Last scene has the doctors telling the couple that there might be a problem because one of the hands has the name 'Nicole' tattooed on it. The couple don't care and joke about loving the name and renaming their dog Nicole. The docs are relieved.

This is also the episode in which Mandy Moore and her husband return
Last edited by Humbugged on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 7.06 - ??????? - Spoilers

Postby md_em on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:00 am

Ok, need some help, what does VO mean please ??? :S
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:44 am

md_em wrote:Ok, need some help, what does VO mean please ??? :S

Voice Over
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Title:

7.06 - These Arms of Mine

Humbugged wrote:
md_em wrote:Ok, need some help, what does VO mean please ??? :S

Voice Over

Thank you !!!

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Re: Episode 7.06 -These Arms of Mine - Spoilers

Postby Humbugged on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:23 am

from ryanforever @ FF

Alex and his patient

http://jchambersonline.com/images/displ ... fullsize=1
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Thank you Humbugged !!!

md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 am

I watched the first SP. Looks interesting. I have mixed feelings about this documentary style episode. It could be good if done right. I was a watcher of ER for years and they did this and did a great job. Hopefully this will go well. It's the type of thing that kind of interrupts the normal flow of the show so it's going to be different.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 pm

from Crystelle @ TWoP

Episode Synopsis: As a TV crew records hospital life six months after the shooting, the patient Mary (Mandy Moore) returns for the surgery she was to have that day; Derek, Owen, Mark and Callie perform an arm transplant; and Alex treats a girl with a blocked trachea. Meanwhile, Cristina has difficulty expressing herself to the crew; and Lexie can't get the hang of the hospital's new security system. Original Air Date: Oct 28, 2010

-- Merged Double Post --

from Bridget1990 @ TWoP

more sneaks

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/abc/greys- ... de-6/36356
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers