Episode 7.08 - Something's Gotta Give - Spoilers

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 7.08 - Something's Gotta Give - Spoilers

Postby Humbugged on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:29 am

from WindSprints @ TWoP

Aasif & Arab Translator:

Aasif is an aide to Al-Rashid. Dr. Smith is taking a medical history from him. He's terrified, shaking and nervous trying to remember everything. Aasif tells the doctor about the 2 medications Al-Rashid is taking - one for high blood pressure and the other for cholesterol and that he was hospitalized in 2007 for exhaustion.

Dr. Smith asks if he was treated, Aasif says no, just rest. Says he works very hard and has a wife and 4 children. Five if you count him because he's more than his boss. He's given him everything. Dr. Smith tells him that they will do everything they can and that he's been very helpful. Aasif is grateful for a second then he is looking in the room and Emir Al-Rashid is crashing again. A doctor shocks him. Aasif is terrified.

Scene with the translator seems to be next:

Richard is addressing a group of middle-easter aides. An arabic man speaks through a translator and asks for assurances that the finest surgeons will be operating on His Highness. Richard says that yes, these are the chiefs of their Cardio-thoracic and Trauma departments.

The translator says that he was asking the State Deparment. He didn't mean the finest surgeons at SGH.

Scene in conference room - Dr. Smith goes to leave but a man grabs her arm. Is Aasif. He's shaking and in tears. He says to tell them to stop, they can't operate. Dr. Smith asks what he means. Aasif has no choice - he says that Emir was diagnosed 4 months ago with an unruptured cerebral aneurysm in his right temporal lobe.

Dr. Brown asks why they didn't know about this. Aasif says he didn't want anyone to know and he made him swear not to tell. Not until after the elections, not until he got them through and he's still not sure he should have said anything.

Dr. Brown says he's trying to save his life, Aasif says Emir is trying to save 7 million lives. To make it so people can walk in the street without being afraid of execution. He risks his life every time he steps out his door. Its clear how much Aasif admires this man. Dr. Brown says he's trying to protect him and he'll understand that.

So - patient starts out as Teddy and Owen's then it seems Derek is involved later after they discorver the aneursym. Big, group surgery it seems.

Peds Nurse and Boy

Dr. Howard is overburdened with post-ops and drops a pile on the desk. Asks the nurse if Stark every responeded to the page - he's got 3 discharges, one that's been there since yesterday. The nurse says Dr. Stark's in surgery, back in with Lisa Collins.

In the Peds Ward:

Dr. Howard is pale, exhausted and looking fit to puke. Takes the temperature of a young patient.

She's hit in the side of the head by a ping-pong ball. The 10 year old boy in the next bed has a toy gun that shoots ping-pong balls. Dr. Howard tells the boy to cut it out.

Pop! Another bounces off her head. She snatches the gun, startling the child. Enough with the ping-pong balls! Boy: Jerkface!

LOL, so it seems there will be either a pregnant or thinking of being pregnant character in the cliché tv scene where she encounters a horrible child.

-- Merged Double Post --

Crystelle from TWoP added

Leanne & Todd Collis - their 4 week old baby daughter Lisa is in for a liver transplant. They're excited, nervous, scared and well-informed. They ask Dr. Smith what technique will be used for the transplant: ex-vivo or in-situ. Dr. Smith doesn't know and goes to find out. Next scene has Dr. Brown informing the couple that the surgery went well and the baby is stable. They're going to keep an eye on her because there's a bit of swelling. The couple is tearfully grateful and Dr. Brown says it's his/her pleasure entirely.

Louise Garcia - Pancreatitis patient. Dr. Pine checks Louise's temperature and observes that it is still high, asks Louise if she has indigestion or stomach pain. Louise says no and that she told her daughter she had just got out of the hospital and didn't want to go back. Dr. Pine says her daughter was right to call and that Louise looks great and they'll get her back home in no time. Louise thanks Dr. Pine and he/she pats her hand and goes. Next scene has Dr. Smith arriving to check up on Louise with a nurse behind. Dr. Smith asks Louise how she's doing, if she peed already. Louise tells them to let the dog out because he won't stop barking. Dr. smith looks up confused and notices that Louise is sweating and shaking, she is delirious and in septic shock.

ND Doctor - The Lecture Hall is filled with attendings, residents and interns for the Mortality and Morbidity Conference. Dr. Smith says it was Dr. White's decision to place the intra-aortic pump. The ND Doctor asks why did Dr. White choose an intra-aortic pump instead of a R-VAD. Dr. Smith apologizes saying he/she doesn't know and that Dr. White would have to answer that. ND Doctor asks why Dr. White isn't there, Dr. Smith answers that he's unavailable.

Sales Clerk - At a furniture store, Dr. Smith looks at a fully furnished showroom. She tells the sales clerk she'll take the whole room and asks if they do same day delivery while handing over her credit card.

Stylist - At a mall hair salon, Dr. Smith is sitting in the chair getting her hair salvaged. She tells the stylist she wants it to be sort of badass, a little dangerous, unpredictable. Stylist asks if she has a picture. Dr. Smith says it's more of a feeling and asks if people at the mall just eat things, buy things and complain about their breakups. Stylist says yes, Dr. Smith answers 'fantastic'.

-- Merged Double Post --

more from Crystelle at TWoP

Ortho Nurse - The nurse urgently hands Teddy a confusing pile of papers telling her that more files were faxed. Teddy remarks that it's all in Arabic. Nurse says she knows, she thinks the dates are there but can't tell.

Security Guard - Corridor outside Ortho, Dr. Howard approaches two Diplomatic Security Guards stationed outside the doors to the Ortho wing. The security guard apologizes but can't admit Dr. Howard. Dr. Howard says he doesn't need to admit her, she'll just walk in there herself. The security guard apologizes again and says he can't allow that. Dr. Howard says she's not to going to stand out there in the hallway because whoever is in there doesn't want to be seen with his pants down, she is a doctor in that hospital. Security Gueard still doesn't let her through.

Emir's Aide - Dr. Howard addresses a noisy and concerned group of Middle-Eastern aides, says they hoped to stabilize the Emir until he could receive surgical care from his own doctors. Emir's aide asks if the tear in his artery was an injury sustained in the car accident. Dr. Howard says there's no way to know.

Ronald Dace: A Secret Service agent - Scene 1 -The Ortho Wing is filled with Secret Service agents. Dace holds up his ID to Dr. Brown announcing he's from State Department and they spoke on the phone, asks if these are his surgeons. Dr. Brown says yes. Dace tells him he needs to limit access to that wing to only essential personnel. Dr. Brown asks why is that necessary to which Dace responds that no one can know that this man is hospitalized or that he's even in the city and from a national perspective it would be great if he didn't die.
Scene 2- Dace stands next to Dr. Brown and she tears through records. The Senator's car was hit by a truck as he was leaving the meeting. Dr. Brown asks what is he doing in Seattle. Dace says the less she knows the better. Dr. Brown knows that he's the Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee. Dace tells her the best outcome is they get him stable enough to be put on a plane. Dr. Brown remarks the best outcome is they save him.
Scene 3- Dr. Brown addresses a noisy group of concerned aides and State Department suits in the conference room. The rooms bursts into questions like a press conference. An aide asks if the injury was caused by what happened int he car. Dr. Brown begins to answer that there's no way to know, Dace interrupts telling him/her not to answer. Aide says they need assurances that their finest surgeons will be operating on him. Dace says that's why the aide might be more comfortable transporting him back home. Dr. Brown tells them to be quiet.
Scene 4- Dace asks Dr. Brown for a quick word. Says for what it's worth he (the Chairman) is a good guy, he's trying to save not just jobs but lives and it would be a shame if something like this screwed it up. Dr. Brown says wow, everytime she talks to him she feels a little more relaxed. She leaves, Dace watching her, wishes her luck. He likes her.
Scene 5- Dr. Brown spots Dace, just who she was looking for. She tells him this is usually when she does a post-op exam. Dace says he's on a C-130 halfway across the country. She asks if she doesn't get check on his recovery. Dace answers she gets to read about it in the papers but he can tell her this: she did a good job. Dr. Brown asks why is he still hanging around. He says he wanted to thank her and say it was nice to meet her. They shake hands and Dr. Brown tells him she would say the same but he was never there. It's a little regretful for both of them, he lets her hand go and leaves.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 7.08 - Something's Gotta Give - Spoilers

Postby Humbugged on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm

from Crystelle @ TWoP

press release

CRISTINA TRIES TO THROW A HOUSEWARMING PARTY, AND SEATTLE GRACE WELCOMES A NEW PEDIATRICS ATTENDING, ON ABC'S "GREY'S ANATOMY"

Peter MacNicol ("Ally McBeal") Guest Stars as Dr. Phil Stark

"Something's Gotta Give" - Top security measures go into place as a team of doctors, led by the Chief, try to save the life of a major policitcal figure from the Middle East. Meanwhile Cristina decides to finally decorate her new place and throw a housewarming party, and Alex shows up late from a weekend getaway to his first day of rounds with the new Pediatrics Attending, Dr. Phil Stark (guest star Peter MacNicol), on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Grey's Anatomy" stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Eric Dane as Mark Sloan, Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey, Kevin McKidd as Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Kim Raver as Teddy Altman, Jesse Williams as Jackson Avery and Sarah Drew as April Kepner.

Guest starring Peter MacNicol as Dr. Phil Stark, Allan Louis as Ronald Lace, Omid Abtahi as Aasif.

"Something's Gotta Give" was written by William Harper and directed by Jeannot Swarc.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks !

I guess we have pictures of Chris' party. April's crying ? I like it :PP
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:12 pm

md_em wrote:

Thanks !

I guess we have pictures of Chris' party. April's crying ? I like it :PP

What do we think of Callie's new do .
Guess thats her at the mall
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:47 am

from CO forever1 @ YouTube

1st promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6in2sqo2DE

From SGHpeeks @ Youtube

sneak peek (from Jimmy Kimmel last night)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39xacs93 ... r_embedded

For those of you who downloaded there was another promo that aired during the show .
Alex and April look to be getting closer (in an on call room ) next week
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Humbugged wrote:From SGHpeeks @ Youtube

sneak peek (from Jimmy Kimmel last night)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39xacs93 ... r_embedded

Love it, the end is too funny.

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Cute sneak! Mer needs to get into that kissing more! :PP

Hopefully I'll get to see the episode next Thur when I'm out of town. If not I'll have it on Tivo to watch ASAP.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:56 am

Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Humbugged wrote:from BlueSky6134 @ TWoP

2 more sneaks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUikGT1GEpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKVPGZzeKnw

and the promo that showed during the epi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWmm606 ... ture=share

md_em
Star Billing

Postby seess on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 am

Humbugged wrote:from WindSprr4ts @ TWoP

[b]Aasif & Arab Translator:

Dr. Smith asks if he was treated, Aasif says no, just rest. Says he works very hard and has a wife and 4 children. Five if you count him because he's more than his boss. He's given him everything. Dr. Smith tells him that they will do everything they can and that he's been very helpful. Aasif is grateful for a second then he is looking in the room and Emir Al-Rashid is crashing again. A doctor shocks him. Aasif is terrified.

Why did smith think that way?
seess
Viewer

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers