cross-over

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

cross-over

Postby lstconfused on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Not sure if I should be posting this here or onto the mainboard, but any news on the greys-private practice crossover? who's going to where and when? will actors on both shows be seen on the other show (greys to private and vice-versa or private to greys only?)
if pigs could fly! =)
lstconfused
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: cross-over

Postby hbshopgirl on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:24 pm

I don't have any info unfortunately but I'm really looking forward to it. I hear it's going to involve Patrick Dempsey and the people on Private Practice for sure.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greymaters on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:11 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I don't have any info unfortunately but I'm really looking forward to it. I hear it's going to involve Patrick Dempsey and the people on Private Practice for sure.

I believe, I read somewhere on ABC boards, that the Chief and Christina will be involved in the cross over too.
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:52 am

greymaters wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:I don't have any info unfortunately but I'm really looking forward to it. I hear it's going to involve Patrick Dempsey and the people on Private Practice for sure.

I believe, I read somewhere on ABC boards, that the Chief and Christina will be involved in the cross over too.

Hmm should be good. I think this time it will take place in L.A. and have the characters of PP in it. I don't watch that show so I don't know them well. But I wonder why the three of the grey's characters would be going to see Addison. I get why the chief and derek would see her but why christina? I mean she's not really close with Addison. I can only think she just ends up going with derek or something.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greymaters on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:45 am

found on people.com :PP :PP

Doctors from Seattle Grace and Oceanside Wellness Center may soon be racking up the frequent flyer miles.

A multi-episode crossover between Grey’s Anatomy and its spin-off Private Practice is planned for February, and Grey’s star Sandra Oh is talking about who’s coming and who’s going.

“Crossover crazy!” Oh said of executive producer Shonda Rhimes’s plans to cross-pollinate the casts of her two medical melodramas.

Kate Walsh’s Dr. Addison Montgomery — who split from Seattle Grace to launch the spin-off and made one return trip last spring — is expected back in her old OR, and Oh revealed that Patrick Dempsey’s Derek Shepherd (a.k.a. McDreamy) will likely be trekking to his ex-wife’s romantically complicated Oceanside Wellness Center. “It has to do with Addison,” Oh said.

“I think the Chief is [going to visit], too,” she added, suggesting some unfinished business between Seattle Grace’s head of staff (James Pickens, Jr.) and Addison.

Oh has a suggestion for the writers in case they want to send her character to Ocean Wellness Center to hook up with a handsome doctor.

“Paul [Adelstein]’s character,” she says. “Cristina Yang would have scenes with Cooper. They’d just wrestle the whole time!”

But back at Seattle Grace, Cristina already has a budding relationship with ex-military doc Owen Hunt, played by Kevin McKidd. The pair shared a steamy kiss early on, but Oh likes that they haven’t become an instant McCouple. “It’s a nice, slow romance,” she says. “A lot of time people on Grey’s get together quickly, but that’s not the case here. It’s nice to be able to see a relationship develop and grow.”
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby lstconfused on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:41 am

greymaters wrote:found on people.com :PP :PP

Doctors from Seattle Grace and Oceanside Wellness Center may soon be racking up the frequent flyer miles.

A multi-episode crossover between Grey’s Anatomy and its spin-off Private Practice is planned for February, and Grey’s star Sandra Oh is talking about who’s coming and who’s going.

“Crossover crazy!” Oh said of executive producer Shonda Rhimes’s plans to cross-pollinate the casts of her two medical melodramas.

Kate Walsh’s Dr. Addison Montgomery — who split from Seattle Grace to launch the spin-off and made one return trip last spring — is expected back in her old OR, and Oh revealed that Patrick Dempsey’s Derek Shepherd (a.k.a. McDreamy) will likely be trekking to his ex-wife’s romantically complicated Oceanside Wellness Center. “It has to do with Addison,” Oh said.

“I think the Chief is [going to visit], too,” she added, suggesting some unfinished business between Seattle Grace’s head of staff (James Pickens, Jr.) and Addison.

Oh has a suggestion for the writers in case they want to send her character to Ocean Wellness Center to hook up with a handsome doctor.

“Paul [Adelstein]’s character,” she says. “Cristina Yang would have scenes with Cooper. They’d just wrestle the whole time!”

But back at Seattle Grace, Cristina already has a budding relationship with ex-military doc Owen Hunt, played by Kevin McKidd. The pair shared a steamy kiss early on, but Oh likes that they haven’t become an instant McCouple. “It’s a nice, slow romance,” she says. “A lot of time people on Grey’s get together quickly, but that’s not the case here. It’s nice to be able to see a relationship develop and grow.”

thanks greymaters! :thumbsup:

Hmm...could derek's mom have something to do with cristina going with derek to ocean wellness? maybe meredith cant go so she sent cristina? although i dont know what kind of situation will persuade cristina to go to a wellness center and miss out on all the surgeries. :hmm:

i seem to have forgotten, :oops: but has derek and addison's marriage officially ended?

:rockon:
if pigs could fly! =)
lstconfused
Viewer

Postby Ewiess on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:41 pm

That would be cool! I miss seeing Kate Walsh! :)
Ewiess
Viewer

Postby Irina on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:49 pm

[quote="lstconfused"

i seem to have forgotten, :oops: but has derek and addison's marriage officially ended?

:rockon:[/quote]

They were officially divorced around Season 3.
Irina
Extra

Postby md_em on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Irina wrote:
"lstconfused"

:rockon:

They were officially divorced around Season 3.

Yes, episode 5 or 6
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby tigerlove2002 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:51 pm

i'm really looking forward to these multi-episodes, if it really will be multi-episodes...the shows each can stand on their own two feet but i think putting them together will be even better, the cast on each show is outstanding so itll be interesting to see them working together, and as always, I'd love to see addison back at seatle
tigerlove2002
Viewer

Postby nayroj on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:42 pm

that's going to be amazing! I'm really looking forward to the cross-over
nayroj
Viewer

Postby carolilly on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm SO excited I can't wait :roll:
3 weeks of crossover!
February 5th, 12th and 19th :D
Jack&Kate| Brennan&Booth | Meredith&Derek | Edward&Bella
James&Juliet | Chuck&Blair | Peter&Olivia | Sarah&Chuck | Hunt&Yang

Evi A u s t e n | Emily B r e n n a n | Ellen G r e y
carolilly
Extra

Postby McSunny on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 am

Preview of 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Private Practice' Crossover Episode - January 23, 2009

It is the crossover episode of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" on February 5. From the preview given by ABC for the next episode of "Grey's", it is known that Derek receives a call from Addison in some kind of an emergency situation involving her brother, Archer.

Based on the synopsis given on "Private" February 5 episode, Archer will have a severe seizure that Addison and Naomi try to find a cure using every resource possible. And when they don't, Addison seeks the help of the neurosurgeon she knows well, Derek. Also in the episode, now that Derek has the engagement ring, he searches for the perfect way to propose to Meredith.

Archer, played by Grant Show, moves to L.A. to work at Pacific Wellcare but he causes problems between Addison and Naomi.

"Private Practice" is the spin-off of "Grey's Anatomy", which first aired in 2007 and focused on the solo journey of Kate Walsh's character. Addison once made a return for a specialized surgery to "Grey's" several months after "Private" premiered. The crossover may be a multi-episode event in February.......sneak

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00021460.html
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:06 pm

carolilly wrote:I'm SO excited I can't wait :roll:
3 weeks of crossover!

So,the cross over will last 3 weeks?
I don't understand sth...It's going to be 1-hour episode or 2-hour? :S (including both PrP & Grey's hour? :S )
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:50 am

Leliforever wrote:
carolilly wrote:I'm SO excited I can't wait :roll:
3 weeks of crossover!

So,the cross over will last 3 weeks?
I don't understand sth...It's going to be 1-hour episode or 2-hour? :S (including both PrP & Grey's hour? :S )

I'm confused too, Leli. I am just going to wait and see because I am unsure of how and when and where the crossover starts and ends. Not sure if I will bother downloading PrP unless it appears I am losing too much information about Meredith and Derek. If I can understand it only by watching GA and YouTube - I will not bother. :bored:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers