cross-over

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: cross-over

Postby Leliforever on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Taylijane wrote:
McSunny wrote:I think the key wording in the following sentence is what they are striving for with all this "hype".

from BuddyTV:

What does this mean for Meredith and Derek's relationship? Fans will have to stay tuned on February 5, 12 and 19 on Private Practice.

Saying fans have to "stay tuned to PrP". EP is not even listed as one of the guest on the one PrP episode that it's shown the guest stars for so far.

They just seem to be pimping the MerDer bread and butter to try to create some interest.

ITA, Sunny, they are pimping in the hope that GA fans will follow the storyline started on GA to PrP. I don't think the we are going to see any GA footage on PrP that we have not see on GA. I do think that the PrP characters that are at SGH will be interacting with the PrP characters back in LA during the PrP episode. But, I cannot see anything specifically related to GA occurring on PrP, it will just be a continuation of what is happening to Addison may report of her brother and the others may talk to whoever back there and we may see Derek and Richard and Bailey but it will not be significant. You won't have to watch PrP for find out what is going on at GA.
The idea of this cross over is to improve ratings for PrP and TPTB and sr are hoping that Addison and Co prompt enough interest in their characters to continue watching PrP. Crossovers are not going to improve ratings long-term in a show that struggling. :roll: It is definitely not going to tempt me to download a full episode of PrP - I will do any catch up on YouTube IF there is anything significant to watch about Meredith and Derek, which I cannot imagine happening. :P

Taili,sweety,you said it all...I think this cross over is
1)a nice break for 3 weeks she has to write scripts for 1 show
2)to improve ratings...

I'm not going to download Prp episode to see Addie's brother sick or anything like that because I don't watch PrP and I will definately not start now because Shonda wants to... :whistle: The thing that EP is not even a guest star doesn't surprise me...She hardly ever plays anymore (except for the PDR episodes :whistle: )...I was wondering how long will KH and Denny ( what's hia name anyway? :S ) will play? 30 minutes,40???? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Maybe Kate's appearance will make a problem so KH may complain again and we have to put up with her stupid storyline for more than 30 minutes per episode! :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

So if anyone watched PrP and sees sth important that we should know to keep up with GA...let us know! ;) I'll search youtube afterwards! :P
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby McSunny on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:48 am

Posted this in the General Thread also:

PrP tonight was not really relating to GA. It was like I suspected just PrP cases. Then Addison was mad at Archer for moving to LA because she wants her own life. Explored the budding Archer/Naomi relationship. It did show Sam having some Asthma problems. At the end Addison was ok with Archer being there.

Trying to find the promo link to bring here. It was a little disturbing and I'll post a description that someone else posted on the ABC board. First let me say YOU CAN NOT TELL IF ADDISON KISSES DEREK OR IT'S MAYBE GOING IN FOR A HUG. So, lets not freak out. I have seen it more than once and it does APPEAR that Addison is going in for a kiss. It could also just look like that from editing or it could be it looks like it will be a kiss but turns into a hug.

This is what the promo shows:

Scene with Derek on the phone saying Addison

Addison saying I need you over the phone

A woman with blond hair that I do not recognize

Derk and Addison in scrubs with the pregnant woman

The couple from PP, Bailey, Chief, and Callie staring at something

Addison in the suit with the necklace (the one she wears in the scene where she is talking to Mark). They are standing like in the hug pictures with Derek-looks like the same scene. She has her hands on his face-he gives a smile- and they both move in to kiss probably at Joe's. Derek does not look sad.

Addison putting hand up at window like surgery

Addison saying to a teary eyed Derek I need to you to save my brother. I need you to be God

Meredith looking at something at the hospital not happy

ETA:
Here's the promo and the scene is about at 0.17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4-j_nyIoiI
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:24 am

It does look odd, the scene with Addison and Derek. I'm sure they don't kiss. It's just a hug. The people that make the promos like to trick people.
Looks good can't wait!
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Leliforever on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:01 am

hbshopgirl wrote:It does look odd, the scene with Addison and Derek. I'm sure they don't kiss. It's just a hug. The people that make the promos like to trick people.
Looks good can't wait!

It looks like a real kiss to me and I hate it! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I hope Mer is not watching (as you can see from the promo...)
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Leliforever wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:It does look odd, the scene with Addison and Derek. I'm sure they don't kiss. It's just a hug. The people that make the promos like to trick people.
Looks good can't wait!

I don't think it will be a real kiss either. I think Addison is drunk in Joe's because it looks like she's being overly friendly with Mark & even leaning in like that with Joe. I think it's just a gimmick to get people to tune in to see will they kiss or won't they and is it a big deal. It probably won't even happen on Grey's. We'll have the whole hour of Grey's and won't see the kiss and then they want viewers to have to watch PrP to see the possible kiss.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:23 pm

McSunny wrote:
Leliforever wrote:
Looks good can't wait!

I don't think it will be a real kiss either. I think Addison is drunk in Joe's because it looks like she's being overly friendly with Mark & even leaning in like that with Joe. I think it's just a gimmick to get people to tune in to see will they kiss or won't they and is it a big deal. It probably won't even happen on Grey's. We'll have the whole hour of Grey's and won't see the kiss and then they want viewers to have to watch PrP to see the possible kiss.

If it's at the beginning of the episode maybe then yes,Addison is probably drunk but from the promotional I wuld say that it's from the end of the epi so we just hope that it's just a thank you kiss and that it never happened! ¬¬
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 am

"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:22 am

I knew they wouldn't have them kiss. I love how Kristen made it seem like she was giving us a sneak peek but it was just the same stupid promo.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greymaters on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:25 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I knew they wouldn't have them kiss. I love how Kristen made it seem like she was giving us a sneak peek but it was just the same stupid promo.

I think we should be talking about the Mer/Der kiss in the promo.. :wub: They are in wub :wub:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:28 pm

greymaters wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:I knew they wouldn't have them kiss. I love how Kristen made it seem like she was giving us a sneak peek but it was just the same stupid promo.

I think we should be talking about the Mer/Der kiss in the promo.. :wub: They are in wub :wub:

Thank God!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
Donna,now that we have creaned the air we should definately focus on the MerDer kiss !!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 am

Someone else's take on the crossover timeline. One thing they are wrong about is that Dr. Dixon is on this week's show not Feb 12. They make an interesting point about how are they going to do the crossover on the DVD's.

The Crossover Low-Down - February 3rd, 2009

This whole crossover business has gotten, well, kind of confusing. So, here’s the low-down of what is going on the next three weeks:

Week One: February 5

* Episode 514 of Grey’s Anatomy, “Beat Your Heart Out,” will be a completely normal episode of the show with no crossover elements until the very end of the episode, when Addison from Private Practice will call Derek.
* The crossover will officially begin with Episode 215 of Private Practice, “Acceptance,” when Addison’s brother Archer experiences seizures and Addison must call Derek for help. This is where it gets confusing because I can’t figure out how the timeline here will work based on the info for the following week…

Week Two: February 12

* This week is full-fledged crossover. Addison, Naomi, and Sam rush Archer to Seattle Grace during Grey’s Anatomy’s 15th episode, “Before and After.” (Interesting side note: Dr. Dixon returns, I’m assuming for her final appearance.)
* Private Practice’s 16th episode “Ex-Life” will air immediately after, and all of the Private doctors are intertwined with SGH doctors to work on medical cases. Archer recoups from surgery and Derek & Addison’s new storyline is introduced and brought to the forefront.

Week Three: February 19

* The crossover ends with Grey’s Anatomy’s sixteenth episode, “An Honest Mistake.” I’m presuming Naomi, Sam, and Archer will be back in LA at Oceanside Wellness by this point, having either returned at the end of “Ex-Life” or the beginning of this episode here. Derek and Addison will fight over a patient’s medical care and course of treatment. She’ll return to LA by the end of this episode.
* Episode 217 of Private Practice, “Wait and See,” will be a return to normal form for the show, no crossover elements at all, unless Addison doesn’t return until the beginning of this episode, which I find extremely unlikely.

And there you have it. Three (four-ish) episodes of intertwined Grey’s and Private goodness. How they are going to work the DVD releases and all of that, still not quite sure I have that one figured out, but there’s the low-down on the crossover episodes to come.
http://alltheshadesofgrey.net/blog/?p=1009
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 am

McSunny wrote:Someone else's take on the crossover timeline. One thing they are wrong about is that Dr. Dixon is on this week's show not Feb 12. They make an interesting point about how are they going to do the crossover on the DVD's.

This whole crossover business has gotten, well, kind of confusing. So, here’s the low-down of what is going on the next three weeks:

* Episode 514 of Grey’s Anatomy, “Beat Your Heart Out,” will be a completely normal episode of the show with no crossover elements until the very end of the episode, when Addison from Private Practice will call Derek.
* The crossover will officially begin with Episode 215 of Private Practice, “Acceptance,” when Addison’s brother Archer experiences seizures and Addison must call Derek for help. This is where it gets confusing because I can’t figure out how the timeline here will work based on the info for the following week…

And there you have it. Three (four-ish) episodes of intertwined Grey’s and Private goodness. How they are going to work the DVD releases and all of that, still not quite sure I have that one figured out, but there’s the low-down on the crossover episodes to come.

With regard to week one ... it goes back to our initial question. Timeline is very confusing (as always with SR).
And the DVDs question is a very good one ??? Could be a bonus from each show :S
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:15 pm

md_em wrote:
McSunny wrote:Someone else's take on the crossover timeline. One thing they are wrong about is that Dr. Dixon is on this week's show not Feb 12. They make an interesting point about how are they going to do the crossover on the DVD's.

With regard to week one ... it goes back to our initial question. Timeline is very confusing (as always with SR).
And the DVDs question is a very good one ??? Could be a bonus from each show :S

I would hope it would be a bonus on the DVD's but it wouldn't surprise me if sr put a major MerDer scene in the PrP episode to try to get the MerDer fans to buy the PrP DVD's. I don't think that' going to happen but with sr you never know. :wacko:
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:19 pm

McSunny wrote:
I would hope it would be a bonus on the DVD's but it wouldn't surprise me if sr put a major MerDer scene in the PrP episode to try to get the MerDer fans to buy the PrP DVD's. I don't think that' going to happen but with sr you never know. :wacko:

Sunny, I hope not ... otherwise SR would really need to consider to get some medications :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:23 am

md_em wrote:
McSunny wrote:

Sunny, I hope not ... otherwise SR would really need to consider to get some medications :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't you mean....sr needs to GET BACK ON her medication. :rofl: :PP
McSunny
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers