cross-over

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: cross-over

Postby McSunny on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:21 am

A quick summary of PrP for those that don't want to download or didn't watch it. I'm only going to summarize the parts that pertain to GA and the crossover. If someone has questions about the other parts let me know.

First it says "14 hours earlier"...Starts off with Naomi/Archer in bed and he has a seizure. They go to the hospital and he tries to pass it off as nothing. Eventually, a little later he comes clean with Naomi and tells her it's a tumor and it's glioma.

Shows scene from the sneak peek where Naomi is telling Addison about Archer. Then shows scene where Archer walks in on all of them looking at his tests. Sam notices that Archer can't look up and says that is not consistent with a tumor and they decide to go get another CT scan. (Yes, Tayli, all the doctors in NY couldn't diagnose him right but Sam can even though he's NOT a neurologists).

At the hospital they get the CT scans and looking at them they discover that it has tripled in size from just 3 weeks ago and that is way too fast for the tumor. After a bit, Archer says he was just in someplace (I couldn't understand what he said) and it must be parasites. They did some lab work and it confirmed the parasites.

Addie wants to call Derek and Archer says it doesn't change anything because where the parasites are it's still inoperable. They argue and Archer says he's going to try drug treatment and Addie wants him to have surgery. Archer says it's his decision and he's not having surgery.

At Addie's where Archer/Addie are talking and he has a seizure. They go to the hospital and the neuro doc there says they need to put him in a coma because he's in a constant state of seizure and they need to stop that before it completely damages his brain. Addie agrees and then says she's now calling Derek because now that Archer is out of it she is the one to make the decisions. They never once mention their parents which is stupid.

Addie calls Derek.

The promo is mostly the same stuff we've seen except we see ADDIE KISS DEREK ON THE MOUTH. So Kristen may be right that they don't hook up but they do kiss. It had better be a thanks for saving my brother kiss. B!tch.


ETA:

At the end of Grey's it shows Addison calling Derek and then immediately cuts to PrP where it says "14 hours earlier". Then at the end of PrP it again shows Addison calling Derek.
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: cross-over

Postby md_em on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm

In the promo, they say 2 hour of cross-over but if we want everything next week I guess we will have to download GA and PrP, no ?
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby McSunny on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:12 am

md_em wrote:In the promo, they say 2 hour of cross-over but if we want everything next week I guess we will have to download GA and PrP, no ?


Yes, it looks that way.
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby McSunny on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:55 pm

More Details on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ ‘Private Practice’ Crossover

There have been mixed reactions on the impending crossover between Grey's Anatomy and its spin-off Private Practice. Some fans of the show think it's a plot to get people to watch one of the two shows, while others are just scared that the whole thing might jeopardize the so far smooth-sailing MerDer union.

And for good reason, since the new cross-over will feature Addie Montgomery (Kate Walsh) asking help from her ex-husband for a case that is very close to her heart. Meanwhile, ET recently caught up with executive producer Shonda Rhimes who willingly shared some of her insights on the crossover.

"It started with two things," Rhimes explains. "It started with a medical case that I heard of and thought would make extraordinary television. That started it, but we also had a really strong Derek Shepherd storyline that we wanted to tell that needed a lot of ways of telling and this provided that."

Apparently, Addison decided to take her brother Archer (Grant Show) to Seattle Grace after he suffers a severe seizure to be treated by the best brain surgeon in the world – McDreamy.
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/greys-a ... 26222.aspx
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby Taylijane on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:44 pm

McSunny wrote:More Details on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ ‘Private Practice’ Crossover

There have been mixed reactions on the impending crossover between Grey's Anatomy and its spin-off Private Practice. Some fans of the show think it's a plot to get people to watch one of the two shows, while others are just scared that the whole thing might jeopardize the so far smooth-sailing MerDer union.

And for good reason, since the new cross-over will feature Addie Montgomery (Kate Walsh) asking help from her ex-husband for a case that is very close to her heart. Meanwhile, ET recently caught up with executive producer Shonda Rhimes who willingly shared some of her insights on the crossover.

"It started with two things," Rhimes explains. "It started with a medical case that I heard of and thought would make extraordinary television. That started it, but we also had a really strong Derek Shepherd storyline that we wanted to tell that needed a lot of ways of telling and this provided that."

Apparently, Addison decided to take her brother Archer (Grant Show) to Seattle Grace after he suffers a severe seizure to be treated by the best brain surgeon in the world – McDreamy.
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/greys-a ... 26222.aspx

Sunny, I have been trying to keep my optimistic hat :arabia: on at least until Tuesdays lately but when sr starts saying she wants to take Derek on a journey that he needs (should read "what sr wants"), I start to panic. The medical case could have been done on GA - it did not need PrP crossover to do that. She is just now trying to justify what she did now that there is a fan backlash and she is not getting the ratings she hoped. With the repeat of CSI she would have been expecting higher figures and if CSI is not a repeat this week and we did not see an engagement and their is no sign of an engagement now, I can see that her ratings figures are not going to improve all that much more. So she is doing her usual backtracking to try to justify herself as she always does when these things happen.
When is sr going to get the message that Derek and Meredith are GA's bread and butter, Owentina (i like it :D ), Alex and Izzie, Dead Denny, etc add some meat and salad to the sandwich but there is no sandwich without bread and without butter. The crossover has put paid to an engagement anytime in the future - Derek is going to be busy with Archer (and Addison) in the next couple of episodes and then he will be in his dark place for a few more and then goddesses knows - still no engagement. I keep going back to it - without the crossover Mere and Derek would be engaged. And having Addison getting in the road again was ironic but also just plain painful. I hate the crossover. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I also hate that Meredith has found out that Addison is at SGH the next morning from Richard. She goes home a few hours after Derek left, after Derek says he is working but obviously leaving the hospital a few hours earlier, to find a rose petal under her pillow and Derek having behaved oddly all day - no matter what he said about having crappy babies. Obviously Derek does not come home and now she finds that Addison is there. She deserved a phone call at least. What is the poor girl to think. Derek is behaving like a jerk again. And I hate it. :cry: :cry:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby Leliforever on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Taylijane wrote:
McSunny wrote:More Details on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ ‘Private Practice’ Crossover

There have been mixed reactions on the impending crossover between Grey's Anatomy and its spin-off Private Practice. Some fans of the show think it's a plot to get people to watch one of the two shows, while others are just scared that the whole thing might jeopardize the so far smooth-sailing MerDer union.

And for good reason, since the new cross-over will feature Addie Montgomery (Kate Walsh) asking help from her ex-husband for a case that is very close to her heart. Meanwhile, ET recently caught up with executive producer Shonda Rhimes who willingly shared some of her insights on the crossover.

"It started with two things," Rhimes explains. "It started with a medical case that I heard of and thought would make extraordinary television. That started it, but we also had a really strong Derek Shepherd storyline that we wanted to tell that needed a lot of ways of telling and this provided that."

Apparently, Addison decided to take her brother Archer (Grant Show) to Seattle Grace after he suffers a severe seizure to be treated by the best brain surgeon in the world – McDreamy.
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/greys-a ... 26222.aspx

Sunny, I have been trying to keep my optimistic hat :arabia: on at least until Tuesdays lately but when sr starts saying she wants to take Derek on a journey that he needs (should read "what sr wants"), I start to panic. The medical case could have been done on GA - it did not need PrP crossover to do that. She is just now trying to justify what she did now that there is a fan backlash and she is not getting the ratings she hoped. With the repeat of CSI she would have been expecting higher figures and if CSI is not a repeat this week and we did not see an engagement and their is no sign of an engagement now, I can see that her ratings figures are not going to improve all that much more. So she is doing her usual backtracking to try to justify herself as she always does when these things happen.
When is sr going to get the message that Derek and Meredith are GA's bread and butter, Owentina (i like it :D ), Alex and Izzie, Dead Denny, etc add some meat and salad to the sandwich but there is no sandwich without bread and without butter. The crossover has put paid to an engagement anytime in the future - Derek is going to be busy with Archer (and Addison) in the next couple of episodes and then he will be in his dark place for a few more and then goddesses knows - still no engagement. I keep going back to it - without the crossover Mere and Derek would be engaged. And having Addison getting in the road again was ironic but also just plain painful. I hate the crossover. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I also hate that Meredith has found out that Addison is at SGH the next morning from Richard. She goes home a few hours after Derek left, after Derek says he is working but obviously leaving the hospital a few hours earlier, to find a rose petal under her pillow and Derek having behaved oddly all day - no matter what he said about having crappy babies. Obviously Derek does not come home and now she finds that Addison is there. She deserved a phone call at least. What is the poor girl to think. Derek is behaving like a jerk again. And I hate it. :cry: :cry:

Taili I could not agree more with you! I hate the crossover event,I hate that Addison interferes merder again, I hate that we have to put up with all the ingredients of the sandwich and I prefer the bread (although I don't like butter! :P )
I'm not going to start watching PrP and I'll only download it if it's a double episode torrent and not 2 seperate! :sneaky:
As for derek,although I don't say bad things about him I agree with you..he is an ass not telling Meredith about Addison...but if Meredith thinksthat he is cheating on her is as stupid because not only derek would never do that but also if he did,he wouldn't do it in her own house and leave proof of his cheating!he's not that stupid!he's not Addison!!! :whistle:
P.S.love the owntina name !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby McSunny on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:36 am

I agree girls, I just want to get this crossover EVENT over and done with so we can get back to regular GA. I felt like with the start of the 3 arc with the SK that we were starting to see some good shows again and that we were getting back on track with the MerDer time. Now, the PrP train wreck is in town and I want it to go on down the tracks without damaging my favorite ship.
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby hbshopgirl on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 am

I think Meredith will understand about Addison and not get jealous. At least I hope so.. I guess Derek didn't have time to tell her because if you remember from Prp Addison said she would be in Seattle in 30 mins so I am sure after the call he goes straight from Meredith's to the hospital to meet the ambulance. Getting Archer to surgery is more important. Granted he has been acting weird the whole day. If we didn't know he was proposing and that was why he is acting weird I would think something is up as a viewer as well as if I were Mere.
I think the crossover will shed some light on Derek. We don't know much about him yet. I'd like to see him interact with others besides Mark.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby McSunny on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:33 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I think Meredith will understand about Addison and not get jealous. At least I hope so.. I guess Derek didn't have time to tell her because if you remember from Prp Addison said she would be in Seattle in 30 mins so I am sure after the call he goes straight from Meredith's to the hospital to meet the ambulance. Getting Archer to surgery is more important. Granted he has been acting weird the whole day. If we didn't know he was proposing and that was why he is acting weird I would think something is up as a viewer as well as if I were Mere.
I think the crossover will shed some light on Derek. We don't know much about him yet. I'd like to see him interact with others besides Mark.


I'm kind of going on the assumption that since it's night maybe Der didn't want to wake Mer if she was asleep and intended telling her the next morning as soon as he saw her. I wish Derek would have been the one to tell Mer but we don't really know the circumstances yet so I'm trying to withhold judgment on that one until I see the episode. Or maybe Derek just gets caught in the moment and getting to the hospital so he can jump into research and trying to be ready when Archer gets there. Grasping at straws here. :)

I agree with you, hbshopgirl, I will like seeing Derek interact with some more people. I like seeing him get storylines that are just about him, even though I love all the MerDer ones.

I think on PrP, at the end, they said they would be in Seattle in about 3 hrs.
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby md_em on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 am

McSunny wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:I think Meredith will understand about Addison and not get jealous. At least I hope so.. I guess Derek didn't have time to tell her because if you remember from Prp Addison said she would be in Seattle in 30 mins so I am sure after the call he goes straight from Meredith's to the hospital to meet the ambulance. Getting Archer to surgery is more important. Granted he has been acting weird the whole day. If we didn't know he was proposing and that was why he is acting weird I would think something is up as a viewer as well as if I were Mere.
I think the crossover will shed some light on Derek. We don't know much about him yet. I'd like to see him interact with others besides Mark.


I'm kind of going on the assumption that since it's night maybe Der didn't want to wake Mer if she was asleep and intended telling her the next morning as soon as he saw her. I wish Derek would have been the one to tell Mer but we don't really know the circumstances yet so I'm trying to withhold judgment on that one until I see the episode. Or maybe Derek just gets caught in the moment and getting to the hospital so he can jump into research and trying to be ready when Archer gets there. Grasping at straws here. :)

I agree with you, hbshopgirl, I will like seeing Derek interact with some more people. I like seeing him get storylines that are just about him, even though I love all the MerDer ones.

I think on PrP, at the end, they said they would be in Seattle in about 3 hrs.


I have download PrP, but don't want to watch everything :sneaky: ... do you know which part of PrP I need to watch. Thnaks in advance :thumbup:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby Taylijane on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:17 am

md_em wrote:
McSunny wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:I think Meredith will understand about Addison and not get jealous. At least I hope so.. I guess Derek didn't have time to tell her because if you remember from Prp Addison said she would be in Seattle in 30 mins so I am sure after the call he goes straight from Meredith's to the hospital to meet the ambulance. Getting Archer to surgery is more important. Granted he has been acting weird the whole day. If we didn't know he was proposing and that was why he is acting weird I would think something is up as a viewer as well as if I were Mere.
I think the crossover will shed some light on Derek. We don't know much about him yet. I'd like to see him interact with others besides Mark.


I'm kind of going on the assumption that since it's night maybe Der didn't want to wake Mer if she was asleep and intended telling her the next morning as soon as he saw her. I wish Derek would have been the one to tell Mer but we don't really know the circumstances yet so I'm trying to withhold judgment on that one until I see the episode. Or maybe Derek just gets caught in the moment and getting to the hospital so he can jump into research and trying to be ready when Archer gets there. Grasping at straws here. :)

I agree with you, hbshopgirl, I will like seeing Derek interact with some more people. I like seeing him get storylines that are just about him, even though I love all the MerDer ones.

I think on PrP, at the end, they said they would be in Seattle in about 3 hrs.


I have download PrP, but don't want to watch everything :sneaky: ... do you know which part of PrP I need to watch. Thnaks in advance :thumbup:

md_em, the only crossover in last Thursday's PrP is the last 30 seconds where Addison decides to ring Derek. It is on YouTube - Addison says "Derek, I need you" gives him a brief rundown and says they are should be there is 3 hours. And, that is it. PrP started with Derek getting the phone call at the end of GA and PrP starts saying 14 hours earlier. From what I gather, next weeks GA continues into PrP with both GA and PrP working on Archer and Sam at SGH and whatever happening back in LA. The only GA characters listed to be appearing in PrP are Derek, Bailey, the Chief, and Alex. So I am hoping that there is no Meredith/Derek stuff/movement as EP is not listed to appear. The GA characters do not leave SGH - so I imagine PrP switches back and forward between Seattle and LA.
Have I mentioned to anyone lately that I hate the crossover! ;) :x
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby McSunny on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:36 am

md_em wrote:
I have download PrP, but don't want to watch everything :sneaky: ... do you know which part of PrP I need to watch. Thnaks in advance :thumbup:


md_em, at the top of this page is a summary of PrP. You could look at it and see if you want to watch the parts with Addison/Archer. Those parts would just give you the background on Archer's medical condition. If you really don't want to watch it then the summary basically gives you the medical info. If you don't see Archer or Addison then you can skip those scenes. Then, as Tayli said, the last thing of the show is Addison calling Derek.
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby Taylijane on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:45 am

McSunny wrote:
md_em wrote:
I have download PrP, but don't want to watch everything :sneaky: ... do you know which part of PrP I need to watch. Thnaks in advance :thumbup:


md_em, at the top of this page is a summary of PrP. You could look at it and see if you want to watch the parts with Addison/Archer. Those parts would just give you the background on Archer's medical condition. If you really don't want to watch it then the summary basically gives you the medical info. If you don't see Archer or Addison then you can skip those scenes. Then, as Tayli said, the last thing of the show is Addison calling Derek.


Here is the bit where Addison calls Derek in PrP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DsYNhbNUVo
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby md_em on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:07 am

McSunny wrote:
md_em wrote:
I have download PrP, but don't want to watch everything :sneaky: ... do you know which part of PrP I need to watch. Thnaks in advance :thumbup:


md_em, at the top of this page is a summary of PrP. You could look at it and see if you want to watch the parts with Addison/Archer. Those parts would just give you the background on Archer's medical condition. If you really don't want to watch it then the summary basically gives you the medical info. If you don't see Archer or Addison then you can skip those scenes. Then, as Tayli said, the last thing of the show is Addison calling Derek.


I was just curios to see the phone call (as you said that PD was listed as a guest star) ... but I haven't been able to see PD (just Addison giving the phone call but I don't recall something about how long it will take for them).

Thanks Tayli (you're really a star to find whatever we want to see !!!)

:offtopic: Sunny, I though you were sleeping !!! Thanks for this very late or very early answer
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: cross-over

Postby McSunny on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:37 am

md_em, did you watch any of PrP or did you just watch the youtube part of the phone call? If you watched any did it help you with the background story?

:offtopic: I'm up at all kinds of unusual hours. Can't sleep sometimes. :sleep:
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron