Episode 5.12 - Sympathy for the Devil - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.12 - Sympathy for the Devil - Spoiler Discussion

Postby greymaters on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:04 am

Dr.K wrote:Omg i hope that dereks mom likes mer and i hope she encouages him to propose , that would be AMAZING :)

soo excieted 3.5 hours

Hi Dr. K, :)

I am excited too! I really think Dereks mom will like Meredith, well I am hoping so.
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby greymaters on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:10 am

Taylijane wrote:
Dr.K wrote:Omg i hope that dereks mom likes mer and i hope she encouages him to propose , that would be AMAZING :)

soo excieted 3.5 hours

Welcome, Dr K. Great to see your post.
I think we are all looking forward to a positive outcome to McMama's visit. But we have to remember that sr is the creator of this show and what the fans want rarely is given. We also have to remember that Meredith is very intimidated by these situations. She tries to be what is required and is inept and clumsy when she tries hard to impress. Derek is her first real boyfriend and all her insecurities will be rearing their ugly heads. I hope McMama is the mother we have been lead to believe she is - seeing Mark's pain as a child and now, seeing Owen's pain, raising 5 children well, etc. I hope she can see Meredith's potential and can see past these insecurities and her clumsiness in these situations and her love for Derek and his for her. :loveeyes:

greymaters wrote:

Thank you so much DarkUFO! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We have the Fab. 5 together!!!!! Poor Meredith, she really worries too much...

Darn, I can't hear the conversation between Mere, Derek and his mother. Does McMama ask Derek to come home? :scared:
Oh and thanks DarkUFO. Off to see if there are clearer ones on YouTube. BBL.

I can hear people and bird but that is all :scared:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 am

greymaters wrote:
Taylijane wrote:

soo excieted 3.5 hours

I think we are all looking forward to a positive outcome to McMama's visit. But we have to remember that sr is the creator of this show and what the fans want rarely is given. We also have to remember that Meredith is very intimidated by these situations. She tries to be what is required and is inept and clumsy when she tries hard to impress. Derek is her first real boyfriend and all her insecurities will be rearing their ugly heads. I hope McMama is the mother we have been lead to believe she is - seeing Mark's pain as a child and now, seeing Owen's pain, raising 5 children well, etc. I hope she can see Meredith's potential and can see past these insecurities and her clumsiness in these situations and her love for Derek and his for her. :loveeyes:

greymaters wrote:

Darn, I can't hear the conversation between Mere, Derek and his mother. Does McMama ask Derek to come home? :scared:

Turn down the volume on one of the speakers and you can hear the dialogue.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:34 am

Taylijane wrote:
greymaters wrote:
Taylijane wrote:

soo excieted 3.5 hours

greymaters wrote:

I can't I have a laptop. Whatever I got the jest on it. I get to watch it all later tonight
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:45 am

hbshopgirl wrote:

I can't I have a laptop. Whatever I got the jest on it. I get to watch it all later tonight

Derek's mother asks Meredith about her parents. Meredith says they are dead. Derek says her mother died last year. Derek's mother asks about her father. Meredith says she needs to go and see about one of her patients - a SK, - she clumsily says - but not killing here at the hospital and just runs. Derek says that Meredith has had a tough time and does not like talking about family. His mother looks at him and he says "I know what you are thinking" (he thinks it is about Meredith and family - IMO he knows his mother thinks family is important - and this may be a point against Meredith with his mother.) She says she is thinking how difficult it is for Derek to treat a killer. Derek says it was a long time ago.
That is the gist of it, hbshopgirl. :D
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:51 am

Thanks Taylijane, I think in the end she will come to like Meredith if not by the end of this episode.

What do you think will become of Owen and Cristina's date?
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greymaters on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:09 am

Taylijane said:
Turn down the volume on one of the speakers and you can hear the dialogue.[/quote]

I have two speakers, and only one nob for both :thumbsdown: guess I will just have to wait it out, but thanks :)

but from what you told hbshopgirl. and McMama's look on her face, (Derek's mom raises eyebrows} at what Meredith said, she (der's mom) may think ....Well Mom's are very picky when it comes to their son's girlfriends. Okay, I am telling on myself, that is how I always was (am) with my son. :sneaky:
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:41 am

hbshopgirl wrote:Thanks Taylijane, I think in the end she will come to like Meredith if not by the end of this episode.

What do you think will become of Owen and Cristina's date?

I hope you are right about McMama and Meredith but I doubt that sr will make it easy for Meredith. She loves to show Meredith's deficiencies.
With regard to Owen and Cristina. I think that he is going to have a flashback and we get the scene of Owen in Cristina's shower fully clothed. Maybe something happens when he comes to pick her up - a trigger. I think Cristina is going to be very sympathetic but Owen is going to panic and run. And then we will have whatever leads up to Derek having to bring him to Cristina's apartment and getting her to come to the car to speak to him. Owen and Cristina will have a little while of "bliss" and then the ex-fiancee arrives (aka Addison with Mere and Derek - where is that vomit smilie when you need it + :bored: :bored: - cannot this woman have an original thought!!!! :mad: )

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:45 am

greymaters wrote:Taylijane said:

I have two speakers, and only one nob for both :thumbsdown: guess I will just have to wait it out, but thanks :)

but from what you told hbshopgirl. and McMama's look on her face, (Derek's mom raises eyebrows} at what Meredith said, she (der's mom) may think ....Well Mom's are very picky when it comes to their son's girlfriends. Okay, I am telling on myself, that is how I always was (am) with my son. :sneaky:[/quote]

Donna, you can do it on the volume control on your PC but it is nearly time for the screening for you anyways :) - lucky you - I have to wait to download it. :(
So a summary would be nice - particularly the Mere/Derek and Lexie/Mark scenes - please anyone!!!! :D :D :D :D

And as to sons and girlfriends - I am the same with my nephew - no one so far has been good enough. But, I hope she can see the best in Meredith. Only trouble is she has Addison to compere her with and she was very close to Addison and I am unsure McMama knows what happened in Derek's marriage. :(

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:57 am

So you think that the scene with Derek coming to Cristina's is about Owen? A lot of people think it's about Meredith. I hope its about Owen like you said. But I have a feeling it's Meredith in the car. I can't see Derek coming to see Christina about Owen and have in his car. They aren't that close yet, him and Owen.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:16 am

hbshopgirl wrote:So you think that the scene with Derek coming to Cristina's is about Owen? A lot of people think it's about Meredith. I hope its about Owen like you said. But I have a feeling it's Meredith in the car. I can't see Derek coming to see Christina about Owen and have in his car. They aren't that close yet, him and Owen.

Hbshopgirl, It could be Meredith but I am leaning more to Owen now. I think that his date with Cristina is a disaster and that he goes and gets plastered and Joe calls Derek to come and get him (I think Derek and Owen are bonding); he refuses to go home without making it right with Cristina and asks Derek to take him there but he won't go up to her apartment (the scene of his flashback) so Derek goes up to get her.
But as you said, it could be Mere - but, I think it more likely Owen. Not sure though. :)

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:58 am

After watching the episode I don't think it's Owen. It doesn't make sense for it to be him. I think 5-13 starts the same night and hes already there at her apartment. If the episode does take place the next day why would Derek bring Owen back to Christina's. Derek and Owen are not that close yet. Plus Derek doesn't even know that they have a thing. I would like it to be Owen but I have his feeling it's Meredith, which is weird too.
Taylijane, do you think it is still going to be Owen?

If it's not Owen or Christina who could it be? It's got to be one of them. I keep talking about this scene since that picture of Patrick Dempsey filming it came out, that was early December. Wow I am sad.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers