Episode 5.13 - Stairway to Heaven - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 5.13 - Stairway to Heaven - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:50 am

Title: Stairway to Heaven

Episode Summary:
Bailey grows desperate as a patient's condition becomes more and more dire. Everyone in the hospital is stepping up to try to find the boy a new organ donor, including Meredith, who considers a death row patient's wish to die before execution. Meanwhile, an injury leaves Mark in a compromising position in the OR and Cristina awkwardly avoids Owen.

Is the title related to the PDR or Izzie and Denny? What is Mark's injury and how does it sustain it? And Cristina and Owen's date or not must have been a doozy! :w00t:

ETA: The link to promo pics: http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... eaven.html
Last edited by Taylijane on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 5.13 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:49 am

I think Owen and Christina didn't make it to their date. Something happened between them and of course Christina avoids the situation. I don't really know what exactly happened but I think something she is embarrassed of happened and she's avoiding him the next day.
About the PDR this is the last episode of the arc right? So I think he gave the boy his organs.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greysoffice on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Is it mark that is injured or the injury in the OR that leaves Mark in a compromising position? i don't understand the wording of this. My guess is that it's that patient's injury but you never know.
greysoffice
Viewer

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:54 pm

greysoffice wrote:Is it mark that is injured or the injury in the OR that leaves Mark in a compromising position? i don't understand the wording of this. My guess is that it's that patient's injury but you never know.

Greysoffice, It reads like Mark gets an injury but it is unclear - it could be either. Wonder if Lexie will come to his rescue and uncompromise him?
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:02 am

It sounds like he gets hurt.. I don't know I bet he doesn't get hurt very bad.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greysoffice on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:36 am

Yeah the wording of that description is unclear. It's either Mark is injured, Lexie is injured, or just a random patient that somehow puts him in a weird position. But it probably does have to do with Lexie, or maybe someone else that leads us into the crossover with Addison. Who knows.
greysoffice
Viewer

Postby greymaters on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:59 am

greysoffice wrote:Yeah the wording of that description is unclear. It's either Mark is injured, Lexie is injured, or just a random patient that somehow puts him in a weird position. But it probably does have to do with Lexie, or maybe someone else that leads us into the crossover with Addison. Who knows.

Hi greysoffice,

"an injury leaves Mark in a compromising position in the OR", could compromising be the key word?
sr's, idea of compromising, most times means sexual. Maybe he slips with the scalpel, slices himself, near or on the ties of his scrubs, and they fall down. Leaving a small cut in his stomach and his scrubs around his ankles. :O

Now would we all love to see that!. :angel:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:28 am

greymaters wrote:
greysoffice wrote:Yeah the wording of that description is unclear. It's either Mark is injured, Lexie is injured, or just a random patient that somehow puts him in a weird position. But it probably does have to do with Lexie, or maybe someone else that leads us into the crossover with Addison. Who knows.

Hi greysoffice,

"an injury leaves Mark in a compromising position in the OR", could compromising be the key word?
sr's, idea of compromising, most times means sexual. Maybe he slips with the scalpel, slices himself, near or on the ties of his scrubs, and they fall down. Leaving a small cut in his stomach and his scrubs around his ankles. :O

Now would we all love to see that!. :angel:

There are no new medical cases specifically for 5.13 - we have the arrival of McMama and the other things going on will be the PDR and the kid needing a transplant and his mother. Also continuing is the Izzie/Denny stomach turner. So Mark's injury in the OR is hard to speculate on. Non of the above cases would relate to his specialty. I would say his "injury" stops him from undressing out of his scrubs/gown and Lexie gives him a "hand" and someone comes in and finds them in a compromising position in the change room. It will definitely be the lighthearted moment of the episode - maybe it is McMama who walks in on the assistance. ;)

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby andahazi on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 am

A few months ago, there was a casting side, in which a doctor tried to convince a distraughted wife, whose husband would probably never awake from a coma, to donate his organs. The Dr. was referred as "Dr. Chandler", but I think is George, cause in one line it said something like "I've been there, I know what is to have a dear one in this situation. But what I want... what I need is his organs".
I tried to search for it again, but it was taken out :unsure:
andahazi
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:45 am

andahazi wrote:A few months ago, there was a casting side, in which a doctor tried to convince a distraughted wife, whose husband would probably never awake from a coma, to donate his organs. The Dr. was referred as "Dr. Chandler", but I think is George, cause in one line it said something like "I've been there, I know what is to have a dear one in this situation. But what I want... what I need is his organs".
I tried to search for it again, but it was taken out :unsure:

andahazi, welcome, glad to have you posting. :) I think these were the sides during Dr Dixon's time there where she wanted the organs of the brain dead girl with the hysterical sister and the distraught parents.

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Re: Episode 5.13 - Stairway to Heaven - Spoiler Discussion

Postby greymaters on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:01 am

"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:11 am

greymaters wrote:Promo from tonight 1/15 :PP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A3fSgETCKQ

Thanks for the promo, Donna. Boy, does this look intense!
And what has happened to Mark? :scared:

Preview of 5.13:
A ring is out and a proposal may be imminent. Through the preview of "Grey's Anatomy" January 22 episode, it is seen that Derek plans to give a diamond ring to Meredith. Also in "Stairway to Heaven", Izzie slaps her deceased boyfriend, Denny, and Sloan is in pain.

The episode will also continue the dilemma faced by the doctors when they have a patient who is a serial killer. While Bailey grows desperate as her young patient's condition becomes more and more dire, the convict tells her that he is ready to donate his organ to the boy. They have a match and Meredith try to grant the death row patient's wish to die before execution. Meanwhile, an injury leaves Sloan in a compromising position in the OR and Cristina awkwardly avoids Owen.

A scoop from Michael Ausiello of Entertainment Weekly reveals that Sloan has a fracture in his penis.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00021269.html

ETA Is it Cristina that Derek is showing the engagement ring to and saying he is going to ask Meredith to marry him?

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:27 am

Here is a sneak peek, can't believe it is out already...wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfupFBgsSuQ

WOW!
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:36 am

I'm a little confused. Does Derek not want to use PDR's organs for the boy? What does Bailey want from Derek? How is performing the surgery going to prevent him from organ donation. Is it that he will get better from the surgery and then be exucated and then they can't use his organs?
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 am

greymaters wrote:Here is a sneak peek, can't believe it is out already...wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfupFBgsSuQ

WOW!

Thanks, Donna.
hbshopgirl wrote:I'm a little confused. Does Derek not want to use PDR's organs for the boy? What does Bailey want from Derek? How is performing the surgery going to prevent him from organ donation. Is it that he will get better from the surgery and then be exucated and then they can't use his organs?

hbshopgirl, Derek under the Hippocratic Oath he takes must do all he can to save a person's life. However, the PDR could over-ride that by refusing surgery which he did and I suppose there are not too many lawyers who would fight his rights for him or to have enough time. As you saw in 5.12, Derek said all it takes is for two surgeons to decide he is not fit to make a decision like that and over-rule his decision as soon as the goes unconscious. (Why he yelled at Meredith when she was deliberating signing - I know Derek wanted her support - but, I think she was thinking of the PDR's rights - does he have any rights, does he deserve those rights?)
I think Derek is thinking of what he "must" do. But is it the "right" thing - the "best" thing - the greater good? These decision in real life should not be in the hands of the surgeons because of these reasons - there are ethics committees and lawyers who should be making these decisions. The surgeons are too close and often they feel they must treat - but is it the right/best treatment - the greatest good?
We will all have our personal opinion on it and we would all be right in our way. :hmm:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers