Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:57 am

Title: Beat Your Heart Out

Sides summary:
Rob: Male, Caucasian, 30's, very likeable and nice guy. Patient in the hospital. 4 episode arc.
Lisa Peck: Female, All Ethnicities except Caucasian, 30's, good and loving parent to Kailie.
Dan Peck: Male, All Ethnicities except Caucasian, 30's, good and loving parent to Kailie.
Kailie Peck: Female, All Ethnicities except Caucasian, 9-11 year old to look and feel 9 years old. Pretty little girl, very sympathetic patient in the hospital.
Warren Schook: Male, Caucasian, 50's, regular, upper middle class couple; a good person.
Rachel Schook: Female, Caucasian, 50's, regular, upper middle class couple; a good person.
Woman: Caucasian, early to mid 30's, sunny, simple and sweet. Must be available for a future episode.
They're looking for a famous actress to play a thirtysomething patient for a three-episode guest arc. She's said to be funny, warm, have a sense of humor and be a girl next door type.
SpoilerFix

Is this the episode that introduces Owen Hunt's ex-fiancée? Is Rhimes using the ex-whatever and resulting triangle once to often?
Last edited by Taylijane on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 5.14 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Where did you hear that about Owen's ex-fiance? That's not very original if it's true.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: 5.14 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Grey'sAddict on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:27 pm

hbshopgirl wrote:Where did you hear that about Owen's ex-fiance? That's not very original if it's true.

We're not really sure it's going to be Owen's ex. But judging from the Casting Sides for the episode, he seems to be the only one that fits.

Though I'm still holding out hope that it isn't true. :) Funny how my optimism is still intact in regards to this show. :roll:
User avatar
Grey'sAddict
Viewer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 pm
Gender: Female

Re: 5.14 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Grey'sAddict wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:Where did you hear that about Owen's ex-fiance? That's not very original if it's true.

We're not really sure it's going to be Owen's ex. But judging from the Casting Sides for the episode, he seems to be the only one that fits.

Though I'm still holding out hope that it isn't true. :) Funny how my optimism is still intact in regards to this show. :roll:


Thanks, Grey'sAddict and yes, hbshopgirl, there are sides for a young woman who is with her dying father who runs into a doctor in the corridor of SGH, they have a conversation that generally says that he suddenly called off their engagement by SMS (or email) and she has not idea why because they have known each other forever and that they used to talk to each other about anything. The doctor really sounds like Owen and his recent history (being away and difficult situation) and there are no sides for the doctor, so it has to be an existing cast member. Because the calling off of the engagement seems recent it would appear not to be any of the other male doctors so that is why speculation says it is Owen.
And, no, hbshopgirl, it is not a very original a storyline. Now where did I see this before - doctor runs away to another hospital/wife fiancee, finds the love of his life, they are about to launch into a romance/relationship and suddenly the ex-wife fiancee shows up. Now where have I seen that before. :hmm:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: 5.14 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:08 am

Well maybe even though she shows up it doesn't start a big thing between her,Owen, and Christina if by that episode Owen and Christina are together. I don't think they will be officially together yet. Their relationship is supposed to move really slow.
I think the ex-fiance showing up will just show how messed up Owen is and how he has changed since coming back from Iraq because he doesn't tell her what's going on with him. Do you think she will be in more episodes and start a love triangle like the big MerDer Addek thing? I think that it won't be a big deal it terms of Christina and Owen and them getting together. At least I hope not.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: 5.14 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:30 am

hbshopgirl wrote:Well maybe even though she shows up it doesn't start a big thing between her,Owen, and Christina if by that episode Owen and Christina are together. I don't think they will be officially together yet. Their relationship is supposed to move really slow.
I think the ex-fiance showing up will just show how messed up Owen is and how he has changed since coming back from Iraq because he doesn't tell her what's going on with him. Do you think she will be in more episodes and start a love triangle like the big MerDer Addek thing? I think that it won't be a big deal it terms of Christina and Owen and them getting together. At least I hope not.


The sides said that ex-fiancée must be available for future episodes. Just remember what happened with Addison - she was only supposed to be there for 3/4 episodes and sr feel "in luv" with KW and look what happened then! :w00t: We also like that sr likes full circles and triangles - so who knows. :scared:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: 5.14 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:32 am

I don't think Shonda would take it in the same direction as MerDer. She seems to really love his couple and thinks of it as an old-fashioned romance. I think the ex-fiance will just stir up a little trouble but not so much to end what Owen and Christina have at that time in 5-14. Who knows if Owen and Christina will be a couple by then. The paring is not going to go as fast as MerDer did so I don't think there's a lot for the ex to ruin. I think she'll leave after a couple of episodes.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: 5.14 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby md_em on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:34 pm

hbshopgirl wrote:I don't think Shonda would take it in the same direction as MerDer. She seems to really love his couple and thinks of it as an old-fashioned romance. I think the ex-fiance will just stir up a little trouble but not so much to end what Owen and Christina have at that time in 5-14. Who knows if Owen and Christina will be a couple by then. The paring is not going to go as fast as MerDer did so I don't think there's a lot for the ex to ruin. I think she'll leave after a couple of episodes.


Hopefully, you're right :D
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Promo pics for Beat Your Heart Out:

http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... t-out.html

Looks like Derek is setting up at home for the proposal to Meredith. Is it a party at Joe's and is it an engagement party? Where is Meredith? Surely sr would not do this to us now! :cursing: :scared:

ETA - at least Mark looks recovered and there is no permanent injury. :P
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:31 am

Looks good. I think Derek must find out about Lexie and Mark in this one. They look really cute I have to say!
I thought whats her name the Peds surgen was going to be only 3 episode arc?
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:57 am

hbshopgirl wrote:Looks good. I think Derek must find out about Lexie and Mark in this one. They look really cute I have to say!
I thought whats her name the Peds surgen was going to be only 3 episode arc?


I think this should be the last episode for Dr Arizona Robbins. CL is glowing in her pregnancy. I do like Mark and Lexie - they do look cute. I wonder if Derek has something to say and if he will support Mark in convincing Meredith that Mark and Little Grey are fine together. Maybe this what Cl was saying in the TV Guide article that Meredith and Lexie start to bond. :hmm:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:01 am

So you think they are going to have yet another short-lived romance for Callie? It looks like they have something by the looks of the promo pics. Arizona and Callie I mean.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Leliforever on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Taylijane wrote:Promo pics for Beat Your Heart Out:

http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... t-out.html

Looks like Derek is setting up at home for the proposal to Meredith. Is it a party at Joe's and is it an engagement party? Where is Meredith? Surely sr would not do this to us now! :cursing: :scared:

ETA - at least Mark looks recovered and there is no permanent injury. :P


OMG! :wub: Derek is definately amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:
I can tell where exactly where he is but am I the only one who thinks that sth gets wrong with mer? :hmm: Derek on 2 of the pics is ...curious,and kind of shocked (look at the one with the phone!)...I hope Mer is fine :hmm: because I don't see her in any of the pics! :cursing:

Callie looks really sweet...Her hair is really nice that way!
Mark-Lexie-Derek...Does that mean that Mark willl get out of Mer's house like a normal person now??? :lol:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby greymaters on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:32 am

\ :PP :PP :PP
The MerDer Proposal is Coming! Press Release for “Beat Your Heart Out”

January 17th, 2009 Posted in Grey's Anatomy

LOTS of exciting things to look at in this press release. Most notably, the mention of Derek’s search for the perfect way to propose to Meredith. But look closer…look closer…you’ll see that the guest cast list makes not a single mention of Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Denny. Does this mean that next week’s episode, “Stairway to Heaven” is the last time we’ll see him?! We can only hope. Also, looking ahead, the title of the episode following this one is “Before and After.” I can only wonder if this means that the MerDer proposal will actually take place in this episode. Do you think it will? Speculate in the comments.

“Beat Your Heart Out” – Now that Derek has the engagement ring, he searches for the perfect way to propose to Meredith, as Lexie demands that Mark go public with their relationship, and Bailey, encouraged by her work on recent cases and by Dr. Dixon, considers a new direction for her medical career, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network

Note: This program will repeat Sat., Feb. 7 from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET.

Guest starring Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona, Jennifer Westfeldt as Jen, Ben Shenkman as Rob, Peter Mackenzie as Warren, Laura Allen as Beth, Brandon Scott as Intern Ryan, with Melissa George as Sadie and Mary McDonnell as Dr. Dixon.



http://alltheshadesofgrey.net/blog/?p=949
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:26 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Leliforever on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:37 pm

greymaters wrote:\ :PP :PP :PP
The MerDer Proposal is Coming! Press Release for “Beat Your Heart Out”

January 17th, 2009 Posted in Grey's Anatomy

LOTS of exciting things to look at in this press release. Most notably, the mention of Derek’s search for the perfect way to propose to Meredith. But look closer…look closer…you’ll see that the guest cast list makes not a single mention of Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Denny. Does this mean that next week’s episode, “Stairway to Heaven” is the last time we’ll see him?! We can only hope. Also, looking ahead, the title of the episode following this one is “Before and After.” I can only wonder if this means that the MerDer proposal will actually take place in this episode. Do you think it will? Speculate in the comments.

“Beat Your Heart Out” – Now that Derek has the engagement ring, he searches for the perfect way to propose to Meredith, as Lexie demands that Mark go public with their relationship, and Bailey, encouraged by her work on recent cases and by Dr. Dixon, considers a new direction for her medical career, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network

Note: This program will repeat Sat., Feb. 7 from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET.

Guest starring Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona, Jennifer Westfeldt as Jen, Ben Shenkman as Rob, Peter Mackenzie as Warren, Laura Allen as Beth, Brandon Scott as Intern Ryan, with Melissa George as Sadie and Mary McDonnell as Dr. Dixon.



http://alltheshadesofgrey.net/blog/?p=949


Finally!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Please,Mer,just once in your life,PLEASE,say YES like any woman in this world would do if a man like Derek proposed to them!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
Why am i feeling that this proposal won't be as normal as my baby plans... :unsure:
But I would prefer to be a really...different proposal...like while being in the OR in front of the whole surgical team...That would be nice...and so romantic! :wub: :wub: Sth more...doctor thing...And not the usual stuff with flowers and dinner etc...But I'm OK with a dinner Shonda as well! :P Just give us what we've been waiting for so long!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron