Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:20 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I think he does propose because the tv guide article did say Derek's finance or whatever. But then since Addison does call and interrupt Derek's plans maybe he doesn't. It could go either way. I just hope when he does Meredith doesn't do something stupid like run away and he has to convince her to marry him or something. I want it to be all her.

hbshopgirl, I think that if he does get the opportunity (and I am not sure he will in this episode), Meredith will say "Yes" particularly after finding him outside the prison and the way he accepted her and with all her "inadequacies" and now that she has Cristina back. :) It must have given her great strength to know that they are both there for her and accept and love her no matter what - she has never had unconditional love before and she is finding that she has it.
Derek has not always been there for her in the past and has most of the time walked away when she has done something that he did not like - this time he was there even though he did not agree with her.
I think that knowing sr - we are going to have to be salivating to the point of dehydration before we see the proposal and what better way than to have Addison interrupt the relationship again - not in the dramatic sense of S1 but still to get in the way a little bit. It would suit sr's warped sense of humour and of course have her little dig at the fans. :bored:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:10 am

Taylijane, you said it very well. You are right, this episode shows how they have grown as a couple. It's mostly been just him doing the growing in the show but I think you are right. I feel like she has really opened up to him for real. Most of the time she cries it's about him and his wife but this time it was really pure. This is why I like MerDer. That scene is what makes them great. Scenes like that remind me of season 2. I know its different circumstances but the scene is the best MerDer scene I've seen in awhile that is not all about sex and stuff. Like I said in the 5-13 topic this scene reminds me of 1-05 for some reason. With Derek in front of his car just looking at her is the same look he's had since season 1.
I want their proposal to be good. I mean maybe Derek could mention their past or something. Like similar to what he said in 3-01, when he first told her he loved her. He could bring up the first time she said she loved him. I don't know I have a feeling it will be nice and cute and everything but it won't be like I want. I can't explain it.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby McSunny on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:44 am

Taylijane wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:I think he does propose because the tv guide article did say Derek's finance or whatever. But then since Addison does call and interrupt Derek's plans maybe he doesn't. It could go either way. I just hope when he does Meredith doesn't do something stupid like run away and he has to convince her to marry him or something. I want it to be all her.

hbshopgirl, I think that if he does get the opportunity (and I am not sure he will in this episode), Meredith will say "Yes" particularly after finding him outside the prison and the way he accepted her and with all her "inadequacies" and now that she has Cristina back. :) It must have given her great strength to know that they are both there for her and accept and love her no matter what - she has never had unconditional love before and she is finding that she has it.
Derek has not always been there for her in the past and has most of the time walked away when she has done something that he did not like - this time he was there even though he did not agree with her.
I think that knowing sr - we are going to have to be salivating to the point of dehydration before we see the proposal and what better way than to have Addison interrupt the relationship again - not in the dramatic sense of S1 but still to get in the way a little bit. It would suit sr's warped sense of humour and of course have her little dig at the fans. :bored:

:rofl: Good one, Tayli! I'm already a little dehydrated does that count? :P

I WANT a really good proposal but I'm prepared for it to end up being something funky. sigh. I don't trust sr one bit either. Never will.

About Addi interrupting, I agree that is just like sr's weird sense of humor. Plus she may use it for one of her FULL CIRCLE moments. I say that in caps because I can just hear sr saying it that way in the writers room. Since MerDer were interrupted by Addie the first time and then Der picked Addi (idiot) then this time he could be interrupted by Addie but choose Mer. Full circle closure.

******************************************************************************************

ETA:

According to MSN – Beat Your Heart Out will be the 100th episode.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/gr ... tomy/?si=1
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:25 am

McSunny wrote:
:rofl: Good one, Tayli! I'm already a little dehydrated does that count? :P

I WANT a really good proposal but I'm prepared for it to end up being something funky. sigh. I don't trust sr one bit either. Never will.

About Addi interrupting, I agree that is just like sr's weird sense of humor. Plus she may use it for one of her FULL CIRCLE moments. I say that in caps because I can just hear sr saying it that way in the writers room. Since MerDer were interrupted by Addie the first time and then Der picked Addi (idiot) then this time he could be interrupted by Addie but choose Mer. Full circle closure.

******************************************************************************************

ETA:

According to MSN – Beat Your Heart Out will be the 100th episode.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/gr ... tomy/?si=1

Sunny, I am like the sr's dangling carrot - totally dessicated. Just call me "Prune Face". :whistle:
And I agree that is what we want but we may get a corridor quickie because Derek is going to be so busy saving Archer and calming down Addison in these next 2 episodes.
My hope is that Meredith proposes. :wub: And surprises the pants off Derek. :P
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:19 pm

No Meredith is no going to propose. But you never know Sr is all about gender reversal roles,
Yeah I thought that 5-14 was going to be the 100th too. Is it really does someone know for sure.
About the full circle thing I was thinking about that too. It's kinda funny. That's surely how it will go. Addison will feel terrible about that if she finds out she interrupted the proposal. But then maybe not she is okay with them together even encourages it but marriage thats a different story. I bet if they do get engaged and Addison comes up Derek will want to hold off on telling her because she is already upset about her brother. But someone will tell her and she will find out.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:10 am

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:16 am

Okay I am really confused. I must be really stupid or something but is next weeks prp the one where addie calls Derek and the next week it picks up where Prp left off with Addie calling Derek??
And then on Feb 5th are the episodes like in pilot for Prp in season 3, where it goes back in forth between shows??
How else would they do it? If addie calls Derek in greys 5-14 then at 10:00 when Prp starts isn't that when she realizes Archer is sick and finds him seizing??
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby McSunny on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:35 am

hbshopgirl wrote:Okay I am really confused. I must be really stupid or something but is next weeks prp the one where addie calls Derek and the next week it picks up where Prp left off with Addie calling Derek??
And then on Feb 5th are the episodes like in pilot for Prp in season 3, where it goes back in forth between shows??
How else would they do it? If addie calls Derek in greys 5-14 then at 10:00 when Prp starts isn't that when she realizes Archer is sick and finds him seizing??

On this last PrP the last scene was Addi walking in on Archer/Naomi having sex. Some spoiler we read said that Naomi was Archer's girlfriend. I think this week's PrP will be dealing with Addie finding them and then Archer starting to show symptoms. I think it may show the last scene this week on PrP with Addie dialing the phone to call Derek. Then in two weeks (Feb 5) Grey's would start with Derek setting up the scene with the roses/candles to propose and then Addie calls. The rest of Grey's may be dealing with Addi, Naomi, Sam & Archer arriving at SGH and Derek diagnosing, etc. Then on from there.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Is it just me or at the promo the scene with Derek kissing Mer looks like an "after proposal kiss"??? :hmm: :hmm:
Or a goodbye kiss most probably... :cry: unfortunately! :cry:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Leliforever wrote:Is it just me or at the promo the scene with Derek kissing Mer looks like an "after proposal kiss"??? :hmm: :hmm:

I don't think it is a post proposal kiss - unless it is the quickie corridor proposal. Is it a piece of old footage? They sometimes do that to muddy the waters. I am pretty sure the proposal set up by Derek gets interrupted and I am not sure if we will see a proposal during the cross-over because Derek is going to be very caught up in saving Archer and if Archer dies then - we may not see the proposal for some time. sr loves to create plot devise that thwart Mere and Derek and the fans. :x

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 am

Taylijane wrote:
Leliforever wrote:Is it just me or at the promo the scene with Derek kissing Mer looks like an "after proposal kiss"??? :hmm: :hmm:

I don't think it is a post proposal kiss - unless it is the quickie corridor proposal. Is it a piece of old footage? They sometimes do that to muddy the waters. I am pretty sure the proposal set up by Derek gets interrupted and I am not sure if we will see a proposal during the cross-over because Derek is going to be very caught up in saving Archer and if Archer dies then - we may not see the proposal for some time. sr loves to create plot devise that thwart Mere and Derek and the fans. :x

That's just great! :thumbsdown: Totally great! :thumbsdown:
Not only do we have to wait so many weeks (it has already been 2 :cursing: ) but if Addie's brother dies we'll have to wait more!!! :cursing: :thumbsdown: :mad: :x Unbelievable...
Who knows what Shonda has in her mind! :sleep: Maybe she'll do the proposal through a call or sth... :cursing:
I wish Mer somehow learned about Derek and his plan and went to LA to propose to him herself :wub: (i think we all know it's not going to be a classic proposal with candles and flowers and falling on knees things there...I like that part that's it's not typical... :roll: MerDer is anything but difficult! :PP :wub: :thumbsup: )
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:53 pm

Promo of 5.14 crossover No 3:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i4-j_nyIoiI
Derek is definitely being kissed by Addison. It has nothing to do with Meredith seeing it - she is at the hospital in the scene looking upset about something, the kiss takes place at Joe's. I think it is another "I am pregnant with your child, Derek" that sr loves to torture us with - we have no idea of what precedes it or takes place after. Derek either brings good news of Archer or he tells Addison he is about to propose. That is my being positive hat.
sr would be suicidal if she thinks of trying to cause Addison to come between Mere and Derek again. Meredith with her compassion would understand that Derek is concerned for Addison and also for Archer - although the way that sr and her minions write in regard to consistency of characterisation - Meredith may be the most non compassionate person this week. ¬¬
We think we know (does Auseillo or MM or Kristin really know themselves) that what Archer tells Mere is "funny" but "not good" - so it is not about Addison and Derek still having romantic feelings for each other - that is not funny ha ha.
I can imagine Meredith sitting there looking despondent and Cristina comes up and Meredith says "You know Derek was a unicyclist and wanted to run away to the circus when he was in college. And I am thinking of marrying him. Would you marry man who was a unicyclist?" And, Cristina would reply "I had a thing for a knife throwing juggler at high school but he missed once and severed his carotid artery and bled out." ;)
But that said nothing that sr could do now would surprise me. :roll: So I am just going to leave my positive hat on for the moment and continue hiding down here with the old ropes and sail with a vomit bowl handy. :sweat:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Taylijane wrote:Promo of 5.14 crossover No 3:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i4-j_nyIoiI
Derek is definitely being kissed by Addison. It has nothing to do with Meredith seeing it - she is at the hospital in the scene looking upset about something, the kiss takes place at Joe's. I think it is another "I am pregnant with your child, Derek" that sr loves to torture us with - we have no idea of what precedes it or takes place after. Derek either brings good news of Archer or he tells Addison he is about to propose. That is my being positive hat.
sr would be suicidal if she thinks of trying to cause Addison to come between Mere and Derek again. Meredith with her compassion would understand that Derek is concerned for Addison and also for Archer - although the way that sr and her minions write in regard to consistency of characterisation - Meredith may be the most non compassionate person this week. ¬¬
We think we know (does Auseillo or MM or Kristin really know themselves) that what Archer tells Mere is "funny" but "not good" - so it is not about Addison and Derek still having romantic feelings for each other - that is not funny ha ha.
I can imagine Meredith sitting there looking despondent and Cristina comes up and Meredith says "You know Derek was a unicyclist and wanted to run away to the circus when he was in college. And I am thinking of marrying him. Would you marry man who was a unicyclist?" And, Cristina would reply "I had a thing for a knife throwing juggler at high school but he missed once and severed his carotid artery and bled out." ;)
But that said nothing that sr could do now would surprise me. :roll: So I am just going to leave my positive hat on for the moment and continue hiding down here with the old ropes and sail with a vomit bowl handy. :sweat:

I hope you're right Taili and Mer doesn't see them... :unsure: Although I thought watching the treiler the kiss (because it's definately a kiss ) takes place at the hospital's little church (you know where family members go and pray for their favourite ones...) That's why I thought that Mer was watching because she is at the hospital...

What do you think about the MerDer kiss scene Taili? :hmm: At first I thought Derek was going to LA so this might be a goodbye kiss but now that from the promo we see that he stays...it's definately not a proposal kiss...It will be a long time since we get to see that proposal... :thumbsdown: I hope I don't get bored by then :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 am

Oops put this in the wrong thread :blush:

Not to worry about Addison kissing Derek:PP
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... _kiss.html

Lets talk about Meredith and Derek kissing... :)

Did anyone check out the Fantasy Game yet?

Some questions about Dixon, all the questions are hard... :hmm:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 am

greymaters wrote:Oops put this in the wrong thread :blush:

Not to worry about Addison kissing Derek:PP
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... _kiss.html

Lets talk about Meredith and Derek kissing... :)

Did anyone check out the Fantasy Game yet?

Some questions about Dixon, all the questions are hard... :hmm:

what are the questions? Maybe others can help figure them out
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers