Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:09 am

Here they are:
Fantasy Questions for Beat Your Heart Out

1. Who will Lexie first try to talk to about her relationship with Mark?

Meredith
Sadie
Callie
Izzie
None of the above

2. What will Meredith ask Cristina to look at for her?

Her mother's diary
Upholstery patterns
A patient's chart
A family photo
None of the above

3. What topic will Meredith think scares Derek?

His house
His mother
Addison
Babies
None of the above

4. Who will be offered a promotion?

Dr. Torres
Dr. Bailey
Dr. Robbins
Dr. Dixon
None of the above

5. Dr. Dixon will need what kind of treatment to help her overcome an anxiety attack?

Hugging
Singing
Medication
Massage
None of the above

ETA Sneak Peek No 1 (Yes!!!!!)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PGLo8BLlE4M

I think that the PrP stuff must come late in the episode and we will only see minimal PrP if any, other than the interruption to the proposal set up by Addison's call at the very end of the episode.

Derek is not happy with Mark blabbing to everyone and Owen is very sheepish about proposals ( :roll: ). I believe it makes Mark have a think about himself.
Last edited by Taylijane on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:33 am

Finally! So Owen, Derek, and Mark are all friends now. I like that Derek and Owen are but with Mark it seems kind of forced and weird. I guess fixing his broken bone made Mark respect Owen more.
Do you think he will tell Derek about his ex. I doubt it.
They picked a good scene as a sneak peek. Usually they are just okay scenes this is a interesting one.

Watching it again and it's obvious that Mark feels bad about keeping Lexie from him. Hes like "of course you can trust me" and had a weird and uneasy look on his face at the end.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 am

hbshopgirl wrote:Finally! So Owen, Derek, and Mark are all friends now. I like that Derek and Owen are but with Mark it seems kind of forced and weird. I guess fixing his broken bone made Mark respect Owen more.
Do you think he will tell Derek about his ex. I doubt it.
They picked a good scene as a sneak peek. Usually they are just okay scenes this is a interesting one.

Watching it again and it's obvious that Mark feels bad about keeping Lexie from him. Hes like "of course you can trust me" and had a weird and uneasy look on his face at the end.

hbshopgirl, ITA - Mark may be responding to Derek and the proposal stuff but he is thinking of his promise to stay away from Little Grey and he knows that that has to come out sometime and Derek is not going to be happy. Meredith's reaction will be interesting and Addison's will be a hoot. :devil:

ETA:
PrP sneak peak:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/privateprac ... x?pn=index

Okay, Archer has an inoperable brain tumour - can anyone say the Shepherd Method - which Meredith was the (pardon the pun) brains behind. Wonder if Mere will get any credit this time. :hmm:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:34 am

1 - Maybe Izzie .Has she not got the interns diagnosing the "Mystery Patient "

2 & 3 Babies for 3 and either diary or photo for 2 ( baby related ? )

As for Mark telling Owen & Richard .It look like he's deflecting attention away from himself
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:13 am

My guess at the fantasy questions:

1-Callie
2-family photo
3-Babies
4-Dr. Robbins
5-Singing
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:59 am

McSunny wrote:My guess at the fantasy questions:

1-Callie
2-family photo
3-Babies
4-Dr. Robbins
5-Singing

Why does Meredith think that babies scare Derek. He is the one that suggested that they have babies in his 110 year old speech. Derek is probably (and as reflected in the sneak peek) more worried about Meredith and babies. It was only recently, to Cristina, I think, that she said something about 5 chatty children and if I recall she mentions children in the house of candles. The writers (crackpots with crayons :rofl: ) should make sure they are aware of previous storylines and dialogue and characters and characterisations and character personalities and... :x :censored:
Oh what is the use - sr is certifiable.

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:06 am

Taylijane wrote:
McSunny wrote:My guess at the fantasy questions:

1-Callie
2-family photo
3-Babies
4-Dr. Robbins
5-Singing

Why does Meredith think that babies scare Derek. He is the one that suggested that they have babies in his 110 year old speech. Derek is probably (and as reflected in the sneak peek) more worried about Meredith and babies. It was only recently, to Cristina, I think, that she said something about 5 chatty children and if I recall she mentions children in the house of candles. The writers (crackpots with crayons :rofl: ) should make sure they are aware of previous storylines and dialogue and characters and characterisations and character personalities and... :x :censored:
Oh what is the use - sr is certifiable.

I don't think Derek is afraid of babies but I read on one of the boards (can't recall where) someone said there was a question somewhere that said "Meredith thinks Derek is afraid of babies because _______. I thought it was a fantasy question at some point. That's the only reason that I say babies. Maybe Mer thinks that because they have the conversation about babies which seems normal but then Derek is acting all strange because he is planning the proposal and Mer misinterprets his behavior.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Taylijane wrote:Here they are:
Fantasy Questions for Beat Your Heart Out

1. Who will Lexie first try to talk to about her relationship with Mark?

Meredith
Sadie
Callie
Izzie
None of the above

2. What will Meredith ask Cristina to look at for her?

Her mother's diary
Upholstery patterns
A patient's chart
A family photo
None of the above

3. What topic will Meredith think scares Derek?

His house
His mother
Addison
Babies
None of the above

4. Who will be offered a promotion?

Dr. Torres
Dr. Bailey
Dr. Robbins
Dr. Dixon
None of the above

5. Dr. Dixon will need what kind of treatment to help her overcome an anxiety attack?

Hugging
Singing
Medication
Massage
None of the above

ETA Sneak Peek No 1 (Yes!!!!!)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PGLo8BLlE4M

I think that the PrP stuff must come late in the episode and we will only see minimal PrP if any, other than the interruption to the proposal set up by Addison's call at the very end of the episode.

Derek is not happy with Mark blabbing to everyone and Owen is very sheepish about proposals ( :roll: ). I believe it makes Mark have a think about himself.

Thanks for that Taili! :thumbsup:
I'd love to see "singing " as an answer in 5! :lol:
About the sres derek think,I would say none of the above because i cannot really decide! :wub:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:25 pm

I found the fantasy questions difficult this time ... need to think about them. :whistle:

Otherwise, I'm a little confused. How Addison can call Derek at the end of GA (epi 5.14) if she learns about her brother in the PrP following GA. I really do not understand the time line here :S :S
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:17 am

md_em wrote:I found the fantasy questions difficult this time ... need to think about them. :whistle:

Otherwise, I'm a little confused. How Addison can call Derek at the end of GA (epi 5.14) if she learns about her brother in the PrP following GA. I really do not understand the time line here :S :S

md_em, I think 5.15 and 5.16 are the cross-overs. I am hoping 5.14 is a normal GA episode and the PrP after GA sets up the reason for the call -we see Archer have a seizure and hear he has a brain tumour. I am revising my thoughts of this GA episode. It will end with Derek deciding on how he will propose, after getting all the advice from everyone. It will end with us waiting with baited breath for Meredith to come home to his set up - then he gets the call from Addison in the beginning of 5.15 when we see the set up for the proposal and Derek lighting candles, etc. In the promo for the cross0ver I think they are using some 5.15 footage like Derek taking the call and Derek and Addison at Joe's, etc. I am hoping we are not going to have ANY GA stuff on PrP.

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby greysoffice on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:51 am

The answer to question 4 is totally Bailey. I bet she is going to become the next Cardio surgeon. Think about it, they are not going to hire any new cast members at this point and in episode 5.09 ('In the Midnight Hour'), Bailey talks about how she wants something new and different out of her career. I guarantee you she is going to take over as the Cardio attending.
greysoffice
Viewer

Postby greymaters on Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:25 am

Taylijane wrote:
md_em wrote:I found the fantasy questions difficult this time ... need to think about them. :whistle:

md_em, I think 5.15 and 5.16 are the cross-overs. I am hoping 5.14 is a normal GA episode and the PrP after GA sets up the reason for the call -we see Archer have a seizure and hear he has a brain tumour. I am revising my thoughts of this GA episode. It will end with Derek deciding on how he will propose, after getting all the advice from everyone. It will end with us waiting with baited breath for Meredith to come home to his set up - then he gets the call from Addison in the beginning of 5.15 when we see the set up for the proposal and Derek lighting candles, etc. In the promo for the cross0ver I think they are using some 5.15 footage like Derek taking the call and Derek and Addison at Joe's, etc. I am hoping we are not going to have ANY GA stuff on PrP.

Exactly what I was thinking Tayli, but I do believe the Chief and Derek will be going to Oceanside as well, so GA stuff will be on PrP at some point.
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 am

greymaters wrote:
Taylijane wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking Tayli, but I do believe the Chief and Derek will be going to Oceanside as well, so GA stuff will be on PrP at some point.

Does that mean that we have to download and watch PrP as well??? :S :S :S
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:33 pm

greymaters wrote:
Taylijane wrote:

So our initial guess (a long time ago) was the right one ... it makes a lot more sense.
I will download PrP because I want to see Der and the others (but I will first download GA of course) :sneaky:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby greymaters on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Looks like greysoffice may be correct with her answer to the fantasy question about who will get a promotion..

DON'T MISS LIST

NYPOST.COM

GREY'S ANATOMY, Thursday, 9 p.m., ABC

A 'Grey' proposal- It only took a million years, but Dr. Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) is finally-finally-going to propose to Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo). He even has the ring. Now all he needs is the perfect venue to pop the question. Meanwhile, Meredith's half-sister, Lexie, tells plastic surgery stud Mark (Eric Dane) that she wants him to announce to the medical community that they are dating. Miranda Bailey (Chandra Wilson) considers a new career path.

and md em,

So our initial guess (a long time ago) was the right one ... it makes a lot more sense.
I will download PrP because I want to see Der and the others (but I will first download GA of course)
:

Well you may not have to download it this week, unless you want to know what the background on Archer is..and how Addison comes to the conclusion that Derek can help... I am going to try to watch it, but I don't have to download it...
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers