General Spoiler Discussion and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: General Spoiler Discussion and Speculation Thread

Postby McSunny on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 am

Hey all - well, what did everyone think of the MUSIC EVENT? I did my recap/review over on Grey's Gabble. Basically, I said I was about 50-50 for liking the episode. I really liked some of the things they did with Sara. What an absolutely amazing voice. But I thought the singing often distracted from the intensity of Callie's medical situation. I just thought some of the group singing things didn't flow well with the story. Esp, Callie's flashback & the singing of "Running on Sunshine". It was ok when Callie was singing it to Arizona but then everyone else singing it & dancing just didn't fit.

The show stealer was the elevator scene of MerDer. Ellen P was just amazing! She is so underrated.

So, what did y'all think?
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby md_em on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 pm

McHello all :D

Strange enough, I don't know what to think about the Music event. Sometimes it sounded strange indeed. When it's going to be broadcasted on French TV, I don't know what they will do. In France, foreign TV shows or movies are dubbed. And how to dub Callie ???
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:42 pm

HAPPY EASTER FRIENDS!

May you have a blessed day with you and yours. God is good!
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri May 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Hello all :D

It's been a while since I wrote a post here or anyone else I should say. I have to say that I'm not that into Grey lately, and given the spoiler out for the finale I know why. Ratings were quite low yesterday I read. Maybe Shonda Rhimes wants to kill her show don't know. Sad, I used to love this show a lot. I don't know how the actors fell about all the crap idea she has.

Anyway, hope that all of you are doing well. :thumbsup:

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 am

Hey all - Sorry, I haven't been around but like Em said, doesn't look like anyone has. I was & still am bitterly angry about the episode "White Wedding". Just feel like it was another big ole slap in the face to the MerDer fans. We didn't even get a kiss. I cried during MerDer getting married but it was mixed. I cried because I love this couple so much & to see them actually take this step was joyful, while at the same time, bitter because sr gives us so very little for this couple. The magic of MerDer is spectacular, even in small moments, so what could it be if given the time & attention it deserves. That's the other reason I cried, because of such a sense of loss of what this moment for them could have been. It really could have been more special than Der saying, "I'm in love with you, I've been in love with you...forever", or the elevator proposal. It could have been one of THOSE moments & it was cheapened in order for sr to get across her agenda of the week, which was how wrong that Calzona could have the big celebration but couldn't legally do what MerDer did. I truly detest sr for that. I have no respect for her because she has no respect for the fans that gave her all the opportunities that she has today. I truly feel like she failed in her message, too. I felt it cheapened the Calzona love to basically show that no matter what they feel or do, they are not legal.

Also, peeved me that we had to watch Avery & Mouse J for longer than was given to MerDer to get married.

I, also, hate what sr has done to Mer's character with her career. Basically she has contrived this whole situation to create a negative storyline to go forward into EP & PD's final season. I can say that sr is one of the last people on earth that I would care to meet. Done ranting.

OT: Hey Em, have you watched The Good Wife finale yet? OMG! Some of the best editing/directing of a series of exceptional scenes that I've seen in a long time. Woah......it was intense! I'm not going to spoil it for you but boy oh boy was it good! Tayli & all - if you want to watch an exceptional show during the summer, start from episode 1 & watch The Good Wife. It is awesome!
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Fri May 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Well I loved the finale. They showed you don't need a crazy gunmen, just a good story and amazing characters :wub:

@McSunny - is it really EP & PD's last season?!?!?? Where is that confirmed?

You can read my full review of the episode on the main STV blog here.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby md_em on Fri May 20, 2011 9:21 pm

I haven't watched the last 2 epi. Need to do so. But Linda, I agree so much with you about the White Wedding epi.

McSunny wrote:OT: Hey Em, have you watched The Good Wife finale yet? OMG! Some of the best editing/directing of a series of exceptional scenes that I've seen in a long time. Woah......it was intense! I'm not going to spoil it for you but boy oh boy was it good! Tayli & all - if you want to watch an exceptional show during the summer, start from episode 1 & watch The Good Wife. It is awesome!

Linda I agree so much with you. Tayli, Donna if by any chance you come around .. you should definitely catch up on this show. Let us know what you're thinking. I love this show. Awesome writing, cast etc ... well everything we need.

md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Fri May 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Joshua wrote:Well I loved the finale. They showed you don't need a crazy gunmen, just a good story and amazing characters :wub:

@McSunny - is it really EP & PD's last season?!?!?? Where is that confirmed?

You can read my full review of the episode on the main STV blog here.

S8 is the last season that Ellen, Patrick, Sandra, Justin, James Pickens, Jr & Chandra Wilson are currently under contract for. This has been confirmed many times in many different articles. There an article currently on Grey's Gabble that has an interview with Rhimes, that mentions that it could be their last season. I don't know when ABC will go into negotiations for the following seasons but will post here if I find anything out. Ellen has said that after S8 she is gone, but that interview was right after Stella was born. I'm certainly hoping that ABC comes up with offers for PD & EP that make them stay. Don't know about Sandra, but I think that Justin, James & Chandra will stay on for awhile.

Hey all - Well, I expected to be disappointed with the finale & I was. I'm just really hating the direction that sr is taking ALL the original characters in but esp, MerDer. I don't think the woman has ever grown past the point of being able to have a long term relationship so she doesn't know how to write those issues or continue down that path. So, she has to create turmoil & tear people down. Hate, that she's doing that to Mer's character, AGAIN. She's doing it to MerDer, Cristina's character & realtionship, Alex & Mer's realtionship, etc. The writers blog talks about how our mother's struggled to be independant & strong women capable of making their own decisions. Yes, that is tru but they seem to leave out, of that, the ability to be a human first. Being a strong women means that you have grown past the point of ONLY considering your viewpoint when making life decisions (which is what she is having Cris do). Love is a CHOICE. It's not just a feeling....it is a choice we make to honor the choosing to have someone to share your life with & that means being a stronge grownup woman & considering others in making major decisions. The women are not the only ones that need to learn that lesson. Derek does too. I want to smack sr when she makes Derek mean towards Mer. Yes, we all get angry & say things we shouldn't but I feel like sr sits with an evil grin & makes Derek really mean, as if to say - see men aren't really good to you.

I'm just as mad that she's tearing Mer's career apart. Come on, after the LVAD, Cristina's illegal operations, etc it's Mer that loses her job? I wanted to see her last season with Mer being a fantastic surgeon & coming into her own.

I feel so bad for Alex & the tearing of Mer/Alex's friendship. It's been such a foundation for each of them throughout the show. It breaks my heart that Alex got drunk & ratted on Mer & will be one more thing to keep Alex from growing into who he can be.

I truly do understand that Cris doesn't want a kid, it's not who she is. But people don't want lots of things that come along in their lives. You know what, we take what comes & learn to deal & adjust that is what maturing is about. If sr has Cris get the abortion I think it's the end for Cristina's ability to ever grow more as a human. Not only will she lose a baby, she'll lose Owen & become even more hardened as a character. In real life, some people do make those type of horrible decision but most people learn to adapt & grow & learn how to live with the hand that they are dealt. Cris never wanted a baby, but like Owen said, she has one.

Still can't stand the Mercy Westers or Teddy. However, I do like Henry a lot. It's almost tolerable to see a LITTLE of Teddy to see Henry. It needs to be a side story, though. Depise April & think it's just a farce that they made her Chief Resident. They obviously just did this to have something to do with her character. Which means that I'm going to have to see her on my screen & that doesn't make me happy. Don't really like Jackson much more than I do April.

The only good thing about this episode was the break we got from Calzona! Thank heavens, maybe they can slide a little into the background next season. I've kind of had my fill of them.

I really like Bailey/Eli together. I think he's the perfect one for her. Understands her & able to let her be a strong woman & yet stands his ground as the man in the relationship. Since they are good together I'm sure that dooms them.

I'm just so sad for my Mer, right now. What should have been a joy filled day, bringing Zola home (which I still think will fall through) was instead sad, scary & lonley for her. Of course, I will watch next season because I love EP, PD & the originals but I think it will be a frustrating season, filled with as much crap as sr can throw at them before they leave.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Mon May 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Linda,

Nice to have your thought on the epi. I agree with you ... SR doesn't know how to write a couple, what we call compromises. In a couple, there's always bad and good time.
When you look at the rating, I think it's not one but many viewers who don't like the path she's taking. But looks like she doesn't care. Sad :(

Anyway ... would love to hear from everyone. Want to be sure that you're all doing well.
:)

md_em
Star Billing

Postby greymaters on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 am

md_em wrote:Linda,

Nice to have your thought on the epi. I agree with you ... SR doesn't know how to write a couple, what we call compromises. In a couple, there's always bad and good time.
When you look at the rating, I think it's not one but many viewers who don't like the path she's taking. But looks like she doesn't care. Sad :(

Anyway ... would love to hear from everyone. Want to be sure that you're all doing well.
:)

hello all just popping in to say I enjoyed this season, just not the last eppi, or the singing one

good to read all the thoughts, but seems like I never left...everything is the same....hahaha still cutting SR to ribbons I see...well I am happy to stop by and say hello... :PP :D will be calling TJ soon maybe next Sat. OK? How bout our Mer this season? she was great! best acting of all the seasons I think, but then I just love her LOL :wub:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 pm

greymaters wrote:hello all just popping in to say I enjoyed this season, just not the last eppi, or the singing one

good to read all the thoughts, but seems like I never left...everything is the same....hahaha still cutting SR to ribbons I see...well I am happy to stop by and say hello... :PP :D will be calling TJ soon maybe next Sat. OK? How bout our Mer this season? she was great! best acting of all the seasons I think, but then I just love her LOL :wub:

Hi Donna, so nice to hear from you.
Hope you're doing well.
Did you like the end of this season ... me not so much. Why did SR have to break Mer&Der again? One more complain, screen time was too little for me.

md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:25 am

Hey all - Good to hear from you Donna, hope Tayli's doing ok.

On the Grey's page the site has a video from Entertainment tonight about cliffhangers for some shows. Grey's is one of them. There source says that they've talked to sr and she says that MerDer will be back together quickly due to Zola. So, I'm glad to hear that. I know Patrick has certainly been outspoken this summer about hoping that MerDer will stop this immature behavior & be written as real adults with a great story. I love that man! Then there's been pictures of Ellen & Patrick dining together. I believe Tony Phelan was there also. So, maybe there was some discussion about where they would like MerDer to go. Ready for this season & worried, at the same time. Terrified what sr will do to MerDer if this is there final season & there's no new contract. Guess we'll see.

OT: Em, I've been reading a few things here & there about the Good Wife. CAN'T WAIT! To everyone else, if you haven't already you really should check out The Good Wife but start from the first episode. It's amazing.

Don't know if any of you ever checked out Friday Night Lights but I watched the series Finale the other night & cried like a baby. LOL. It was awesome & yet so sad to see it ending. So happy that they finally got some Emmy love & are nominated for Best Drama. Also, Got noms for Kyle Chandler (Bomb guy on Grey's) for lead actor & Connie Britton for lead actress.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 am

McSunny wrote:Hey all - Good to hear from you Donna, hope Tayli's doing ok.

On the Grey's page the site has a video from Entertainment tonight about cliffhangers for some shows. Grey's is one of them. There source says that they've talked to sr and she says that MerDer will be back together quickly due to Zola. So, I'm glad to hear that. I know Patrick has certainly been outspoken this summer about hoping that MerDer will stop this immature behavior & be written as real adults with a great story. I love that man! Then there's been pictures of Ellen & Patrick dining together. I believe Tony Phelan was there also. So, maybe there was some discussion about where they would like MerDer to go. Ready for this season & worried, at the same time. Terrified what sr will do to MerDer if this is there final season & there's no new contract. Guess we'll see.

Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully, Patrick and Ellen have enough "power" to get things right. Who is Tony Phelan ???

Linda, I saw that you are quite active on Grey's Gable. Congrats.

McSunny wrote:OT: Em, I've been reading a few things here & there about the Good Wife. CAN'T WAIT! To everyone else, if you haven't already you really should check out The Good Wife but start from the first episode. It's amazing.

Can't wait for next season. They got 9 Emmys nomination. Good for a Network show :thumbsup:

McSunny wrote:Don't know if any of you ever checked out Friday Night Lights but I watched the series Finale the other night & cried like a baby. LOL. It was awesome & yet so sad to see it ending. So happy that they finally got some Emmy love & are nominated for Best Drama. Also, Got noms for Kyle Chandler (Bomb guy on Grey's) for lead actor & Connie Britton for lead actress.

Haven't watched this one, but I might one of these days as I heard good things about it.

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 am

Hey guys long time no see.

My PC passed gently into the night and have just got a new one this week .

OT

Been catching up on all the stuff I should have watched but have been storing like a squirrel (The Mentalist (S3),The Closer (S4 - 6) amongst other things)

Guilty pleasure of the Summer for me has been Switched At Birth on ABC Family which got picked up this week for another 22 episode. Groundbreaking stuff as 2 of the main characters are deaf (as are the actors ) so there is huge chunks of dialogue that is in ASL with all the ambient sound taken out .And its got Lea Thompson (Back To The Future) and Marlee Maitlin in it .And for the FNL fans its got DW Moffett in it ( and he is just as much a douche )

from Windsprints @ TWoP

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-O ... 35963.aspx

Thanks for all the scoop on Grey's Anatomy, but you didn't mention Callie and Arizona. What's coming up for them this season? — Brandy

NATALIE: After the tumultuous year they just endured — they broke up, Callie got knocked up, then nearly died in a car accident before they got married — executive producer Shonda Rhimes says she wants them to be happy in Season 8. "I think they've earned the right for us to enjoy them as a couple and to enjoy them as mothers, and to watch them juggle what motherhood means to their relationship, their sex life and their jobs," she says.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/ask-ausie ... -and-more/

Question: I’m looking for some Grey’s Anatomy gossip! Please give me some good (hopefully amazing) Mark and Lexie scoop. —Amy
Ausiello: This is pretty much as good as it gets: Shonda Rhimes tells me that they’re far from over — despite the fact that last season ended with Mark endorsing Lexie’s romance with Jackson. “It’s going to [remain] a viable triangle,” reveals the Grey’s boss. “Mark is trying to move on from Lexie, but there’s inherent comedy there, especially as Jackson tries to pursue a career in [Marks's specialty] plastics.”

So its all about Mark and Jackson then .Triff
All the spoilers that have came out since they went back everybody seems to have something going on except Lexie again .Chyler probably would be as well going off and opening her cafe to give her something to do
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:27 am

G'day. Hope you are all well. It has been ages since I dropped by and have not watched an episode of GA in I cannot remember. :blush: May be when Mark and Lexie were together. :hmm:
No idea what is happening with the series but gather that this will be the last season for at least EP and PD.
Talked to Donna on the telephone this morning (Sunday, our time) and she too is well and still watching GA but is unsure when the season begins. She survived Hurricane Irene. :)

Well, hope you are all okay.
Take care,
Tayli xx
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers