Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake - Spoiler Discussion

Postby McSunny on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 am

Taylijane wrote:
md_em wrote:
Leliforever wrote:From spoilertv (thanks Darkufo!)

Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake
Posted by DarkUFO at Saturday, January 31, 2009 (Comments: 7)
Labels: An Honest Mistake, Episode Info

Derek and Addison face off as they try to save a pregnant patient's life; a surgeon botches a standard procedure; Bailey is shocked by the Chief's recommendation letter.

Airs: 19th February 2009

Source: SpoilerTV

So,as some of us thought,Bailey kind of finishes her residency and Chief suggests that she should be a cardiosurgeon? :S I think it's possible since there is no other basic cardio in the hospital! :hmm:

Leli, I was thinking like you that Bailey got a promotion ... so even if it's the week after, this letter might be a hint :hmm:

Bailey may be shocked because the recommendation letter may be for Arizona Robbins. :whistle:

I think that's it, Tayli, I think Bailey is shocked because the Chief recommends that Arizona become the Head of Peds replacing the guy that died.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby md_em on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:43 am

McSunny wrote:
Taylijane wrote:
md_em wrote:
Leliforever wrote:From spoilertv (thanks Darkufo!)

Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake
Posted by DarkUFO at Saturday, January 31, 2009 (Comments: 7)
Labels: An Honest Mistake, Episode Info

Derek and Addison face off as they try to save a pregnant patient's life; a surgeon botches a standard procedure; Bailey is shocked by the Chief's recommendation letter.

Airs: 19th February 2009

Source: SpoilerTV

So,as some of us thought,Bailey kind of finishes her residency and Chief suggests that she should be a cardiosurgeon? :S I think it's possible since there is no other basic cardio in the hospital! :hmm:

Leli, I was thinking like you that Bailey got a promotion ... so even if it's the week after, this letter might be a hint :hmm:

Bailey may be shocked because the recommendation letter may be for Arizona Robbins. :whistle:

I think that's it, Tayli, I think Bailey is shocked because the Chief recommends that Arizona become the Head of Peds replacing the guy that died.

You're certainly right Tayli ... would it mean that she's staying :S
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 am

md_em wrote:You're certainly right Tayli ... would it mean that she's staying :S

Let's hope if she does that we only see her occasionally and not have to see whole storylines built around her. :(
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Did anyone see the promo pics and press release? I didn't get the Christina part. Does she mess up and doubts her skills or does she see someone mess up a procedure. Probably the Faye Dunaway lady who's coming in. But the wording was clear to me. Was it clear to everyone else?

So I guess Derek really is going to go through a dark time.But Archer lived so it can't be that bad.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:53 pm

hbshopgirl wrote:Did anyone see the promo pics and press release? I didn't get the Christina part. Does she mess up and doubts her skills or does she see someone mess up a procedure. Probably the Faye Dunaway lady whos coming in. But the wording was clear to me. Was it clear to everyone else?

Morning/evening hbshopgirl. Here is the press release:
DEREK'S CONFIDENCE AS A SURGEON IS SHAKEN LIKE NEVER BEFORE AS HE AND ADDISON FIGHT TO SAVE HIS PREGNANT PATIENT'S LIFE, ON ABC'S "GREY'S ANATOMY"

Guest Starring Oscar-Winning Hollywood Legend Faye Dunaway ("Network," "Chinatown") as Dr. Campbell

"Private Practice" Star Kate Walsh Continues Her Guest Stint at Seattle Grace

"An Honest Mistake" -- Derek's confidence is shaken like never before as he faces off with Addison over what course is best for their dying pregnant patient; Cristina calls the abilities of a renown surgeon into question after she botches a standard procedure; and Bailey, who has decided to pursue a fellowship in Pediatrics, is appalled by the Chief's less-than-stellar recommendation letter, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network
Source: ABC

How I read it is that it is, it is the renown surgeon (Faye Dunaway's character) who botches the surgery and Cristina is the one to call her on it. I imagine that is why Owen gets involved - to support Cristina against this powerful doctor. The dialogue in the sides then makes sense - that the patient wants her (the renown surgeon) to do the repeat surgery. Owen must be involved because the guy comes in to the ER after the falls and injures his leg because he is so unwell from the botched gall bladder operation.
We have been saying for a while (and the storylines have been hinting) that Derek was heading for a crisis of faith in his ability seeing he was "batting so poorly" with his patients. This is around the time he is treating Archer, too. I am wondering if Archer makes it or if he is not responding to treatment at this stage. I have a feeling this is setting up that Derek is going to be really thrown and lacking confidence when he has to treat Izzie.
Also I got it right about Bailey's shock at the letter of recommendation. ;)

The promo pics are on the front page.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:01 am

Yeah, I went back and reread it and it made more sense. About Archer's condition, in the Ex-Life Prp press release it says that Archer is recovering. I highly doubt that they would kill off Addie brother. Then they could never bring him back to cause more trouble. He's a cool character I think. Also if Archer did die then it would kill not only Derek but Addison and that would a huge storyline for her and I don't think they want that. Prp is very lighthearted when it comes to her personal life. And Derek well it would kill him too, not only because of his abilities being doubted but his friend and ex brother-in law would be died.
I'm surprised Bailey wants to deal with innocent kids dying and go through what she did again. I like that they are keeping Arizona around a little longer, I thought she was a really fresh character to liven up the show.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby McSunny on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:54 am

I'm glad it's not Bailey that makes the mistake, as we were thinking it might be. Good that will explain why Faye Dunaway is only going to be on one show. We don't need another arc with her. These next few episodes will be full enough.

ETA:

A few more photos added to

Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake - Promotional Photos - February 02, 2009

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/showpage ... ypecode=ph
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:51 am

McSunny wrote:I'm glad it's not Bailey that makes the mistake, as we were thinking it might be. Good that will explain why Faye Dunaway is only going to be on one show. We don't need another arc with her. These next few episodes will be full enough.

ETA:

A few more photos added to

Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake - Promotional Photos - February 02, 2009

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/showpage ... ypecode=ph

Thanks Sunny, for a larger version you can find them here:
http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... ional.html
(click on the pictures to enlarge them)

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:05 pm

McMorning/Evening everyone! :D
I'm sorry for not writing for a whole day but school is driving me crazy (since report's day is coming! :cry: )

Ayway,thanks a lot for the pics...Bailey looks really cute...Her hair suits her...!!! :thumbsup:

Love the new sneak peeks btw!Especially the one with Derek and the ring!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
(So,when Ausiello said that by the end of the episode everyone will have seen the ring except for Mer he was definately not kidding! :wub: )
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Leliforever wrote:McMorning/Evening everyone! :D
I'm sorry for not writing for a whole day but school is driving me crazy (since report's day is coming! :cry: )

Ayway,thanks a lot for the pics...Bailey looks really cute...Her hair suits her...!!! :thumbsup:

Love the new sneak peeks btw!Especially the one with Derek and the ring!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
(So,when Ausiello said that by the end of the episode everyone will have seen the ring except for Mer he was definately not kidding! :wub: )

He was not kidding, and for a change we will have to wait before Mer gets it (this storyline is not an original one ... :thumbsdown: )

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 am

More promo pics of 5.16 on the front page:
http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot.com/

Much the same except a few of Callie and one of Izzie and one of Izzie and 1/2 of George ( :P his promo pics even get cut) and one of Bailey with a "new" (different :w00t: more girly) hairstyle. Could it have something to do with the guy from LA? :hmm:

And the pics YouTubed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItdCpJ0_pI
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:05 am

Bailey's hair is so cute! :punk:
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 am

Yes, that's one of the first thing I saw ... the new hair style :afro:

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:57 pm

md_em wrote:Yes, that's one of the first thing I saw ... the new hair style :afro:

Love her... :D Sho looks great! :thumbup:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:16 am

From the ladies at Little big love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifLo7uYnp5w
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers