Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.16 - An Honest Mistake - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:49 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I haven't read them yet.
About Derek and Owen, I think he tries to break it up. Interesting thought about them bringing up the Addek marriage.I think Derek will be so messed up about the pregnant lady that the littlest thing will set him off. I'm thinking that she doesn't live or she does and she loses her frontal lobe. But then I could see him giving in after that intense scene and everything be all sunshine and roses again. The episode summery says it will shake his confidence, this will do that but the women will live. They wouldn't have her die. It would really mess him up so much that it will delay the proposal and we would have depressed Derek and don't think anyone whats to see that. So he will catch Mark and Lexie or Mark will tell him(because the not telling him is getting old) and he will freak out and hit him and Owen will try to break it up and he will try to stop Derek and they will all get in the fight.

The sneak peek they released is like the one with Bailey in 5-12? where she tells Derek to stop and it looks all intense and everything and then she backs down. It will be like that with this one. ABC releases this clip for a reason, to make us think that some big thing will go down with Derek and Addison.

hbshopgirl, I really do think the proposal is now a long way off. I will be pleasantly surprised if we see it before the next 4 episodes. I was hoping that we would see it in 5.19 but I am not so sure now. I suppose it is possible that we can see a complete turn around in Derek in two episodes and have 5.18 building up to the proposal. Not so sure now though. 5.17 will have Derek facing whatever the crisis in his career is, plus the outcome of hitting another attending. There are so many other storylines that have to be addressed as well. Just seems we will not be seeing the proposal any time soon.
I have always said it will be Meredith that proposes. So here goes with my prediction - Meredith in the elevator.
ETA
Looking closely at the ABC Promo, it looks like by Addison's actions, she takes the baby out. You see her rushing out of the OR as if she is cradling a baby close to her chest. It also looks like Richard comes into the OR at some stage. There is also a very quick scene of someone (Addison) sitting just inside the ambulance entrance on a bench - as if she and she looks exhausted or upset and it looks like Derek heading towards her. :S
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby md_em on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm not sure about the outcome ... does Jen live? Does the baby live? But I think it was important that Mer stood by Derek when Addison asked her to move. She had to stand by Derek against Addison, it does not mean however that she cannot have her own opinion (obviously she should tell Derek).
Yes, I think we are far away to see a proposal. The next few episodes are going to be dark at least for Derek.
Last edited by md_em on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:05 pm

So are Sam, Naomi, and Archer in this episode? You would think the two would go back and maybe Archer could still be there recovering.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Leliforever on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Hello everyone...Weekly prognosis... (kind of difficult though :hmm: )

1---Who will accidentally insult one the hospital's senior surgeons?

a)meredith
b)Izzie
c)Christina
d)George
e)None of the above

2---What will Dr Bailey ask George to do for her?
a)scrub in
b)do a consult
c)talk to the Chief
d)write a recommendation
e)None of the above

3---What will Mer say has changed Derek (very very interesting! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: )?
a)their relationship
b)treating a killer
c)the clinical trial
d)Addison's visit
e)None of the above

4---What will Dr Robbins compare Callie to?
a)a new newborn
b)an intern
c)a freshman
d)a butterfly
e)None of the above

5---Who will complain to DrBailey about the interns?
a)The Chief
b)George
c)Lexie
d)Izzie
e)None of the above

Listening to thoughts people... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:56 pm

It is probably Addison's visit and the pregnant patient. I wonder if the two of them talk at all or will it be like last episode where they had zero scenes together besides OR scenes.
The first one is Christina we know that because of the promo. The rest I don't have a clue.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Leliforever on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:28 pm

hbshopgirl wrote:It is probably Addison's visit and the pregnant patient. I wonder if the two of them talk at all or will it be like last episode where they had zero scenes together besides OR scenes.
The first one is Christina we know that because of the promo. The rest I don't have a clue.

i hope they do talk...I hated last week watching them like they were complete strangers...

Hey,girls,I completely forgot!

Happy Valentine's day!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:51 pm

My answers

1-Christina
2-talk to the Chief
3-Addison's visit
4-a new newborn
5-George (they have to give him something to do this week)
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:53 am

1= c (Cristina)
2 = d (George is probably the only one who could see Bailey in Paeds)
3 = a,b,c or e (one thing for sure sr will make sure it is Meredith's fault - McDreamy and Addison have no faults :whistle: )
4 = don't care
5 = a (just a guess - the Chief always complains to Bailey ;) )
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:05 am

I am not sure yet about my answers to the fantasy game...

but here is what I think..

1. yep, Cristina
2. e :hmm:or maybe c
3. I am going with c, only because that's when Derek started having an issue with his patients dieing Just a guess
4 d
5. a
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:16 am

Hey!good morning...or evening!(it's 09.00 am here!)
As I can see go one is sure about the answers..we should wait to get some sneak peeks first,I guess! :roll:
:offtopic: I watched a movie last night (twilight) and Rebecca/Eva/Whatever played (and also a bitch who played on Bones who wanted Booth! :sneaky: ¬¬
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Good morning/evening all :D

Difficult fantasy game this week.

Here my guess:
1. Christina
2. d (I can see Baily asking indeed a letter from George)
3. the clinical trial (Donna I agree with you, Derek started to feel challenge with this trial)
4. ???
5. ???

Will let you know about the last 2 ...

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:50 am

Summary from TV.com:
Derek's confidence is shaken like never before as he faces off with Addison over what course is best for their dying pregnant patient; Cristina calls the abilities of a renown surgeon into question after she botches a standard procedure; and Bailey, who has decided to pursue a fellowship in Pediatrics, is appalled by the Chief's less-than-stellar recommendation letter.

So my guess now for what Bailey will ask George is for him to talk to the Chief about his "less-than-stellar recommendation letter".

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:56 am

Taylijane wrote:Summary from TV.com:
Derek's confidence is shaken like never before as he faces off with Addison over what course is best for their dying pregnant patient; Cristina calls the abilities of a renown surgeon into question after she botches a standard procedure; and Bailey, who has decided to pursue a fellowship in Pediatrics, is appalled by the Chief's less-than-stellar recommendation letter.

So my guess now for what Bailey will ask George is for him to talk to the Chief about his "less-than-stellar recommendation letter".

Good catch Tayli ... :PP

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Taylijane wrote:Summary from TV.com:

That's what I thought too Taili! :D

Mc Morning/Evening everyone! :D Have a nice week!!! :D
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:27 am

I think that during Derek's crisis times he won't want to reach out to Meredith. She has never seen him like this, to her he's a genius surgeon so this is new to her. I think he may pull away, but that is something Meredith would do in a situation like this so I don't know. I just have this feeling that we are not going to much MerDer this episode. The episode will probably start the same night, the surgery scene is probably one of the first scenes. I was thinking maybe it starts out with the intense surgery scene and then Derek punching Mark and then it will say 10 hours earlier or something? Because there is a lot of intense stuff to happen and I am sure that the fighting happens mid episode and the surgery scene is probably in the beginning so it wouldn't really make sense to have it after it. I don't know I am rambling..
I wonder when they will release sneak peeks.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers