Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 am

greymaters wrote:Found this over on the ABC boards,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmc6_kfN5D0

Yes, it looks like we may have to watch PrP too. ¬¬


Geewahhhhhhhhh, How can the crackpots with crayons let the dialogue of "I walked away" come out of Addison's mouth. She walked away from SGH - she left her marriage because she finally realised it was OVER. It was over from the time she had the affair with Mark if she had not been so blinkered and played on the good guy complex she knew her former husband had to delay the inevitable. The reason that part is so confusing for some many people was because sr fell in luv with the character Addison and (yes, so did the fans with McWitch) but she was only supposed to be in the series for a 4 epi arc and then go back to New York but because sr fell in luv, Addison stayed and some serious rewriting and changes to storylines had to happen to cope. sr was terrified of putting Mere and Derek together because 1. she is unable to write that (which she has proved time and time again) and 2. she was worried that the Moonlighting hoodoo would strike (which I totally disagree with).
Addison left her marriage because she knew she could not compete with Meredith. She came back to SGH last season to push Meredith to not lose Derek because she knows they are meant to be together and suddenly she is surprised at a proposal. I can understand the ring bit - it is a bit of a slap in the face but not the proposal. She can be angry and disappointed that her marriage failed but she has to take her large portion of the blame for that. She can be envious of Meredith and Derek but she should not be shocked. That is just poor characterisation and consistency in writing. Sack sr for goodness sake and save the TV show before she alienates the fans even more. I feel sure the Addison fans would agree - it must be just as frustrating for them to see their character treated like a yo-yo of stupidity. :x
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:17 am

I think we should wait and see the episode before getting mad at SR again. I think the promos are edited to sound like a MerDer and Addison love triangle where Addison wants Derek back. She is just surprised they are getting engaged and probably feels sad because she let her marriage go when she cheated on Derek. Also she is all alone so she feels worse at the happy news. Now I can't see Alex talking to her about Meredith and Derek and her. I know he cares about Addison a lot and I really wanted them to have something but Alex doesn't get involved like that with other peoples issues so I can't see them talking about this, plus he is Mere's friend.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Leliforever on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Hello everyone! Happy Grey's Day!

Need some help here with PrP...Alex is the woman to whom Addison is talking? :S And she is married to whom? :S Is she dating sb else? :S I think Naomi is the one who played Sydney's friend on ALias,or not? :S I don't watch PrP and think I'll have many many problems...I've ony watched the episodes that played on Grey's (the first time Addison flew to LA) :blush: :blush: :blush:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Humbugged on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Leliforever wrote:Hello everyone! Happy Grey's Day!

Need some help here with PrP...Alex is the woman to whom Addison is talking? :S And she is married to whom? :S Is she dating sb else? :S I think Naomi is the one who played Sydney's friend on ALias,or not? :S I don't watch PrP and think I'll have many many problems...I've ony watched the episodes that played on Grey's (the first time Addison flew to LA) :blush: :blush: :blush:


Addison was seeing a cop but they broke up after she had kissed a doctor from the rival practice and decided she wanted him instead (Sound like Addi much) :hmm: :hmm: .Only to turn up at his office to find him gone and her brother & BFF having sex .Karmas a bitch innit .

Naiomi was not in Alias.

Naiomi was married to Sam but he divorced her (mid-life crisis?) .He recently started seeing somebody but started having asthma/panic attacks when trying to "seal the deal " .Naiomi took him to see the alternative therapist(weirdly they are talking about each others sex lives) who treated him and it looked to have worked cos he ended the epi2-14 in bed with his girlfriend.
Naiomi has been sleeping with Archer which Addi got on her high horse about with both of them .

Archer descibes himself as a "good time guy" .So he's the Sloan of PrP
User avatar
Humbugged
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Bronte Country ,West Yorks
Gender: Male

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Leliforever on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Humbugged wrote:
Leliforever wrote:Hello everyone! Happy Grey's Day!

Need some help here with PrP...Alex is the woman to whom Addison is talking? :S And she is married to whom? :S Is she dating sb else? :S I think Naomi is the one who played Sydney's friend on ALias,or not? :S I don't watch PrP and think I'll have many many problems...I've ony watched the episodes that played on Grey's (the first time Addison flew to LA) :blush: :blush: :blush:


Addison was seeing a cop but they broke up after she had kissed a doctor from the rival practice and decided she wanted him instead (Sound like Addi much) :hmm: :hmm: .Only to turn up at his office to find him gone and her brother & BFF having sex .Karmas a bitch innit .

Naiomi was not in Alias.

Naiomi was married to Sam but he divorced her (mid-life crisis?) .He recently started seeing somebody but started having asthma/panic attacks when trying to "seal the deal " .Naiomi took him to see the alternative therapist(weirdly they are talking about each others sex lives) who treated him and it looked to have worked cos he ended the epi2-14 in bed with his girlfriend.
Naiomi has been sleeping with Archer which Addi got on her high horse about with both of them .

Archer descibes himself as a "good time guy" .So he's the Sloan of PrP

Thanks! :D That was really helpful!!! :thumbsup:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby md_em on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:27 pm

Leli,

the actress who played Naomi is the pilot of PrP was in Alias (indeed the friend of Sydney) but they didn't keep the initial actress ... so the current Naomi was not in Alias
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby ObscureAllure on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey sister thread ladies! <3

I ha to come on here and say that I agree, they seem to be setting up for Meredith thinking that Derek's rethinking Addison. (The petal, the 'almost kiss', him acting weird, etc) and I'm not happy about it. Seriously, is it IMPOSSIBLE to write a couple together and HAPPY? Or is it just impossible to write Mer/Der happy?

The fact that Yunt got not one but TWO of those melodramatic piano scenes last ep just proves to me that Mer/Der are background character on this show, even if her name is the title.

I used to think I was the most optimistic GA fan on the planet, but I'm slowly breaking down and getting fed up with it. I'm getting to the point where I'd rather have no show than a butchered one. That's not good. :(
Image
Image
Image
GO SAINTS!
Mafia Timer
OA is actually French for townie. Did you know that? Learn something new every day. 
User avatar
ObscureAllure
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:44 am
Location: New Orleans
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.15 - Before and After - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Leliforever on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 pm

md_em wrote:Leli,

the actress who played Naomi is the pilot of PrP was in Alias (indeed the friend of Sydney) but they didn't keep the initial actress ... so the current Naomi was not in Alias

oh,thanks for that Em...I was confused because she did look pretty much like Sydney's friend (don't remember her exact name - Alice or sth ??? :hmm: )
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

cron