Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Title of Episode: I Will Follow You Into the Dark
Airdate: 12th March 09
Casting Call:

[TRICIA SHELLEY] All Ethnicities, mid 30's, grown-up, strong older sister. Guest Star
[MEG SHELLEY] All Ethnicities, late 20's, middle sister. Meek and wishy-washy. Guest Star
[MATT SHELLEY] All Ethnicities, 20-23 year old college boy, baby brother. Guest Star
[BETH] Asian, 18 to play high school. Member of high school band, in hospital with a serious condition. Guest Star
[BOY BAND GEEK] All Ethnicities, 18 to play high school. Co Star
[GIRL BAND GEEK] All Ethnicities, 18 to play high school. Co Star
[DR. NELSON] All Ethnicities, 50's,sptv050769 nebbish character type. Doctor at the hospital. Co Star

(for those who may not have heard of the word "nebbish" - (Yiddish) a timid unfortunate simpleton) :S

And part of the lyrics to "I Will Follow You Into the Dark":

Love of mine some day you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark
If Heaven and Hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the NOs on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark


Sounds like the end of Denny and ?Izzie. :S :S
Last edited by Taylijane on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:51 am

Hmm. It's obviously the end of Denny and Izzie. But her dying? I don't think so. I can't see them killing her off yet. On an off topic note I love that song and I love Death Cab for Cutie who sings it. It's really cool to have a death cab episode name for Greys.
Anyyway I am glad the Dennygate is ending.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby DarkUFO on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:18 pm

User avatar
DarkUFO
Administrator
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 pm

DarkUFO wrote:You can view the casting sides here

http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... rk_17.html


Thanks, DarkUFO. :D

We are back to the oddly peculiar medical cases with this one. Derek must be the one with the girl with the seizures in the school band.
Richard would be doing the surgical board with the nebbish Dr Nelson that everyone forgets.
Bailey may be the one with the family with the genetic history of gastric cancer.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby hbshopgirl on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Yeah I thought Derek must be the seizure specialist but he says he wrestled in school. Who do we know on the show that wrestles and says things like "crap your pants"? Alex. But Alex is no specialist as we know. It's weird I guess Derek wrestled in school too but he doesn't say things like crap in your pants. Maybe it's another different doctor. I don't know I hate when they hide the real names of the characters. What's the big deal? I could see them doing that when the show was really really popular but now they need all the viewers they can get and I think not masking the characters would make people more inclined to watch it because when I read the sides I am not to interested because I don't know the characters.
User avatar
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby sdcsi on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 pm

hbshopgirl wrote:Yeah I thought Derek must be the seizure specialist but he says he wrestled in school. Who do we know on the show that wrestles and says things like "crap your pants"? Alex. But Alex is no specialist as we know. It's weird I guess Derek wrestled in school too but he doesn't say things like crap in your pants. Maybe it's another different doctor. I don't know I hate when they hide the real names of the characters. What's the big deal? I could see them doing that when the show was really really popular but now they need all the viewers they can get and I think not masking the characters would make people more inclined to watch it because when I read the sides I am not to interested because I don't know the characters.



I thought the exact same thing--Alex would say crap your pants, but he's not a specialist. The wrong name thing just hurts my head because I do not have any inclination to try to figure who it might actually be.
sdcsi
Viewer
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby Taylijane on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:18 am

sdcsi wrote:
hbshopgirl wrote:Yeah I thought Derek must be the seizure specialist but he says he wrestled in school. Who do we know on the show that wrestles and says things like "crap your pants"? Alex. But Alex is no specialist as we know. It's weird I guess Derek wrestled in school too but he doesn't say things like crap in your pants. Maybe it's another different doctor. I don't know I hate when they hide the real names of the characters. What's the big deal? I could see them doing that when the show was really really popular but now they need all the viewers they can get and I think not masking the characters would make people more inclined to watch it because when I read the sides I am not to interested because I don't know the characters.



I thought the exact same thing--Alex would say crap your pants, but he's not a specialist. The wrong name thing just hurts my head because I do not have any inclination to try to figure who it might actually be.


I agree with you, it does sound more like something Alex would say and except for the neuro specialist thingy, it has to be Alex. Crys over at TWoP has summarised and given her thoughts of the sides (she is so good at this :nod: ):

Beth - Dr. Smith sounds like Alex because of the wrestling and saying stuff like, "Relax. It's not like you crapped your pants or anything" but I don't believe he'd introduce himself to a patient as a seizure specialist. Sometimes they combine the lines of a few doctors into one in the sides and I think this may be the case. Dr. Smith is probably Alex and since this is a neuro case Derek. Although, if this is a crossover episode and Addison's brother is coming, isn't he some kind of specialist in that area too? Beth not wanting the other kids to know she isn't completely cured and saying that once people see you sick they don't see anything else sounds like it could parallel the situation with Izzie. Perhaps Izzie is denying or trying to hide the fact that she's sick and Alex may be upset that she's doing this and through Beth he'll understand why Izzie is behaving like that.

Tricia/Matt/Meg - they all carry the gene for hereditary gastric cancer and have agreed to get a gastrectomy. This is for General so Bailey and/or Richard will be performing the surgery. In the Tricia sides, there's a scene where Tricia is watching Matt and Meg eating and Matt is refusing the surgery. Tricia is angry and worried that he's refusing the surgery because he doesn't want to give up certain things in his life even though the alternative (possible gastric cancer one day) is worse. Tricia is insistent that he'll get the surgery because she'll be on him until he does. Dr. Walters says maybe he just wants to be left alone and Tricia says you don't leave the people you love alone. I got the impression that Dr. Walters may be Izzie. Izzie may be refusing to get checked out to see what's wrong with her but Alex/Fab Five may be pressuring her. Ugh. I hope Izzie doesn't refuse getting some tests done or surgery. Although if she has been diagnosed already, Bailey/Chief probably wouldn't let her work. Or maybe this could be related to Owen/Cristina. He has a problem and maybe doesn't want to get help, wants to be left alone. Cristina loves him so she won't be able to leave him alone.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby McSunny on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:37 am

Hello all

Looks like Crys has probably gotten the sides right, as usual. It can be confusing enough when they change the doctors names but even more so when they hide it by combining different characters like they appear to have done in these sides. I think it has to be Derek (the specialists) and Alex (the wrestler) working together. Derek will have sympathy for Beth since he was a band geek too.

This thing with Izzie is REALLY going to be dragging if she has not even been diagnosed by 5.17. Maybe she begins to have siezures and that is how they finallly find out she really is sick.
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby Leliforever on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:33 pm

McSunny wrote:Hello all

Looks like Crys has probably gotten the sides right, as usual. It can be confusing enough when they change the doctors names but even more so when they hide it by combining different characters like they appear to have done in these sides. I think it has to be Derek (the specialists) and Alex (the wrestler) working together. Derek will have sympathy for Beth since he was a band geek too.

This thing with Izzie is REALLY going to be dragging if she has not even been diagnosed by 5.17. Maybe she begins to have siezures and that is how they finallly find out she really is sick.


I thought 5x17 was going to be when Izzie gets operated... :unsure: Or os this when she gets diagnised and everyone learns that she has aneurism??? :S
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby md_em on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Bump :PP
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby Humbugged on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Tricia/Matt/Meg - they all carry the gene for hereditary gastric cancer and have agreed to get a gastrectomy. This is for General so Bailey and/or Richard will be performing the surgery. In the Tricia sides, there's a scene where Tricia is watching Matt and Meg eating and Matt is refusing the surgery. Tricia is angry and worried that he's refusing the surgery because he doesn't want to give up certain things in his life even though the alternative (possible gastric cancer one day) is worse. Tricia is insistent that he'll get the surgery because she'll be on him until he does. Dr. Walters says maybe he just wants to be left alone and Tricia says you don't leave the people you love alone. I got the impression that Dr. Walters may be Izzie. Izzie may be refusing to get checked out to see what's wrong with her but Alex/Fab Five may be pressuring her. Ugh. I hope Izzie doesn't refuse getting some tests done or surgery. Although if she has been diagnosed already, Bailey/Chief probably wouldn't let her work. Or maybe this could be related to Owen/Cristina. He has a problem and maybe doesn't want to get help, wants to be left alone. Cristina loves him so she won't be able to leave him alone.


Could Dr Walters be Meredith ??? The 3 sibling thing stands out
User avatar
Humbugged
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Bronte Country ,West Yorks
Gender: Male

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby md_em on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Comes from SpoilerTV, summary 5.17

Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Posted by LauraPalmer at Tuesday, February 17, 2009 (Comments: 0)
Labels: Episode Info, I Will Follow You Into The Dark

A doctor treats Beth, a member of a high school marching band. Beth has been suffering from seizures and is embarrassed about having them in front of the rest of the marching band. The other members are upset and give her a hard time about disrupting their performances. Look for one of the doctors to stand up for Beth. A female doctor treats Tricia, Meg and Matt Shelley, siblings whom all carry the CDHI gene for hereditary diffuse gastric cancer. Tricia has been pressuring Meg and Matt to get gastrectomies for precautional reasons. Meg and Matt are hesitant on having the procedure so Tricia goes first. Tricia's results show that she does have cancer. Luckily it was caught in the early stages. This opts Meg to have the procedure done as well.

Source: SpoilerFix
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby Leliforever on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 pm

I like the title of this episode... :wub: Very promising... :wub: :wub: I hope it has sth to do with MerDer... :wub: :wub: :wub:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby nayroj on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Leliforever wrote:I like the title of this episode... :wub: Very promising... :wub: :wub: I hope it has sth to do with MerDer... :wub: :wub: :wub:


me too, me too :D :D :D
User avatar
nayroj
Viewer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:37 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.17 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Spoiler Dis

Postby Taylijane on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 am

nayroj wrote:
Leliforever wrote:I like the title of this episode... :wub: Very promising... :wub: :wub: I hope it has sth to do with MerDer... :wub: :wub: :wub:


me too, me too :D :D :D

Nayroj, you have good taste. :)
However, I don't think it is going to be happy Mere and Derek. I am holding out for 5.19 being the episode that things change positively for them. I think we are in for a rocky ride with them over the next 3 episodes and I am not sure I can hold on with my very short fingernails clinging to a very thin ledge.
I am getting very tired of being jerked around on sr's nasty leash - the choker chain is getting jerked a little too often. :cry: :x
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron