What did you think of 5.13 - Stairway to Heaven

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: What did you think of 5.13 - Stairway to Heaven

Postby Mecomelately on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 am

Hi McSunny,

Thank you so much for posting the Mer&Der links. Much appreciated it!!! :thumbsup:

To answer your question, why did I stop watching Greys, it was a combination of things. There were some characters I never liked (Lexie), and others I grew to hate (Cristina). And it just wasn’t the Dead Denny storyline, but others that turned me off as well. When I realized how much time I spent griping
I decided just to drop the whole show. I can watch the Mer and Der progress on YouTube. So I avoid all Grey’s Anatomy stuff during the week and check out the media synopsis and different opinions on the weekends. It was hard at first, but now I’m through the worst of the withdrawal and my fingernails are growing back.
Mecomelately
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Taylijane on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:18 am

Mecomelately wrote:Hi McSunny,

Thank you so much for posting the Mer&Der links. Much appreciated it!!! :thumbsup:

To answer your question, why did I stop watching Greys, it was a combination of things. There were some characters I never liked (Lexie), and others I grew to hate (Cristina). And it just wasn’t the Dead Denny storyline, but others that turned me off as well. When I realized how much time I spent griping
I decided just to drop the whole show. I can watch the Mer and Der progress on YouTube. So I avoid all Grey’s Anatomy stuff during the week and check out the media synopsis and different opinions on the weekends. It was hard at first, but now I’m through the worst of the withdrawal and my fingernails are growing back.

Mecomelately, I was like that through most of S4 - I could not watch and did not download one single episode after about Epi3. I would joke that I was hiding down in the bowels of the Mere/Der ship with a vomit bowl but watching made me feel physically ill. It was sickening. S5 has had some great medical cases but it has a long way to go to get back to its best. I really do think that sr is has-been material - she has reached her talent limit and should be relieved by Peter Horton or one of the others. She has got to the stage where she is letting her personal agenda rule and pushing her agenda down our throats whether we like it or not. S5 was going to be her "gay" year - lots of gay character even if they did not want to be gay (e.g. Mere) - but at least TPTB reeled her in - we now get a genuine number of characters that are gay which reflect the social norm - although I had no problem with Hahn/Callie having a lesbian relationship but I didn't like feeling physically ill when they talked about the ins and outs of their physical relationship. Also her pubescent crush on the actor who plays Denny (I can never remember his name :blush: ) - added to her almost childish tantrum antics at the criticism of this storyline should be an embarrassment to any grown woman. I understand that there was a lot of negotiation between sr and the ABC TPTB with the gay storylines and Dennygate - she conceded on the gay storyline but Dennygate was not negotiable. She is the ABC's cash cow so they have to concede to some degree. However being the cash cow only relates to how long she remains in the ratings - yes she still has the 18-49 demographic group in her pocket - but, the reason they are hanging in there is the promise of Mere/Derek, good medical cases and some smaller percentages for the secondary characters - they will not hang in there forever without some delivery. GA was the No1 or No 2 show in the US - it is now languishing at No 12 - not even in the top 10. But, it is still one of the few star show that ABC has at the moment - but other networks are coming up with some great new show - The Mentalist, True Blood, Lie to Me, and shows like Bones and Criminal Minds are coming back with a wet sail. In Australia - TVTonight is running a poll asking "Which Seven show are you most looking forward to returning?" - GA is not even mentioned - DH is there, Lost is there, 24 is there, 30 Rock is there, even Boston Legal and a couple of Aussie shows but no GA! :w00t: I think that says it all. O.o
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Mecomelately on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:41 am

Taylijane, you and I are on the same page for MANY of the things you said.

When I read what Shonda says in her blogs it just surprises me so much how she views things so differently than me and a lot of her fans. She's very posessive of her show, and as it's creator, I guess she has a right to feel that way. And not everyone is going to agree or like a particular character or storyline. I guess with me I REALLY got invovled in this show and it just came to a point where I decided I needed to step back and just break away (like you did during Season 4). Maybe sometime down the road I will get back into it, but if not, that's OK. Another show will come along and get me excited again...
Mecomelately
Viewer

Postby McSunny on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:35 am

I think we've all had spells of that disillusionment with Grey's. Mine was worse after the S3 finale. I just felt sick for about a month after that when thinking about the show. When I didn't feel sick, I felt very angry that sr had screwed us over like she did. I stayed away from the boards for awhile and everything. Then I sort of got over it and then we had the Plant! :x I boycotted the shows that she started on because I just refused to watch it. There are still things I really dislike but in general it's better. I really don't like Christina. I'm not a Lexie fan. Even though I like JDM & KH, in general this ridiculous Dead Denny storyline is an all time low in my books. I think they both do a good job with it. I can't imagine reading some of those scripts with a straight face at the table reads. So, I hang in there and hope for some positive MerDer and no more crap.

Mecomelately, you can still hang out with us! :)
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:22 am

McSunny wrote:I think we've all had spells of that disillusionment with Grey's. Mine was worse after the S3 finale. I just felt sick for about a month after that when thinking about the show. When I didn't feel sick, I felt very angry that sr had screwed us over like she did. I stayed away from the boards for awhile and everything. Then I sort of got over it and then we had the Plant! :x I boycotted the shows that she started on because I just refused to watch it. There are still things I really dislike but in general it's better. I really don't like Christina. I'm not a Lexie fan. Even though I like JDM & KH, in general this ridiculous Dead Denny storyline is an all time low in my books. I think they both do a good job with it. I can't imagine reading some of those scripts with a straight face at the table reads. So, I hang in there and hope for some positive MerDer and no more crap.

Mecomelately, you can still hang out with us! :)

Yes of course you can! :D

If you ask me girls,I started watching Grey's by accident...It was on tv here in Greecee on some channel -not so poular- and my sister used to watch some episodes because she liked Izzie & Alex Than one day she was watching some Grey's videos on youtube,and the moment I saw the first MerDer scene (the on-call room scene-season 2 finale! :wub: ) I stuck!I downloaded the first 3 and half 4 season (it was at the period when there was the writers strike and I had time to finish the episodes before 4.11! :PP )...For me the best season of Grey's was the 2nd...I loved every single episode 9except maybe the onw with George sleeping with Mer-I hatede that storyline!!! :cursing: )And then the 3rd...I continued watching the show because of MerDer...Honestly...And that's the reason I still watch it and download the episodes each Friday...Because I want to believe that this will go somewhere,somewhere good...After all these that we've come through Shonda owns us a happy end for them...I used to love seeing Izzie & Alex together but now I hate it because the moment I see them together I know Denny is behind izzie's back! :thumbsdown: I used to like Christina but after Burke she became too strage,too unwelcome,too suspicious with everything and she has a share in Mer's disbelief on Derek :x ...
after the season 4 finale I had a feeling that Grey's would turn back to old times,that it would be as good as it was... :sleep: But didn't happen...I like the season...at least it's not worse than season 5...Just feel like it's only a "dead-denny season" and we hardly dive to find some other characters action (MerDer! :whistle: ) And the worst thing is that if KH hadn't complained about her role,nothing of these crap would have happened,because I don't know about you but I think this whole storyline is all about giving her some screen time :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I wonder when Patrick or Elen will fed up with their times on screen... :unsure:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers