Any new news about the George leaving rumor/scoop?

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Any new news about the George leaving rumor/scoop?

Postby md_em on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm

McSunny wrote:
md_em wrote:
andahazi wrote:Let's face it: it's like the writers are alledgedly ignoring George, like if SR really wants him out of the show.

Why SR doesn't like TRK ?

Rumor had it that TRK didn't take it well when Brooke Smith was fired the way she was. Really, it was pretty crappy they way they just dropped her. Again, rumor said that TRK was so upset that he walked off the set and wouldn't shoot anything for a few days. Now, knowing what we have always heard about TR, that he is a very easy going guy, I can see him getting upset about it but I can't really seeing him walking and refusing to work. But who knows. I think he may have said some things about it and sr doesn't take any kind of critism well. Look what Melissa George said, that sr was lovely unless she was mad at you and then she was a nightmare and wanted to punish you.

I believe, truly, that sr's bad feelings go back to the initial IW scandal. sr is known to be good buddies with IW and she did everything in her power not to have to get rid of him and she had to anyway. I think she always blamed TR (which is ridiculous because IW is responsible for what he called TR) for that whole situation. I think that was also when she started disliking KH because KH stuck up for her friend and said IW should keep his mouth shut. That's must have really hacked sr off. I honestly think that is why Gizzie happened. To punish KH & TR because sr knew that most of the audience would hate them for what they were doing (in the show) to Callie.

I think she took it really bad that TR actually had an opinion and it was not positive about the whole BS situation and that was just one more reason for sr to punish him.

Thanks for the explanation Sunny (especially the bit about IW)
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Humbugged on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby ObscureAllure on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 pm

GO SAINTS!
Mafia Timer
OA is actually French for townie. Did you know that? Learn something new every day. 
ObscureAllure
Supporting Actor

Postby andahazi on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:41 am

So... anybody thinks or knows if George will be finally getting a decent storyline in the last episodes of the season, or will he continue tu have like 2 scenes and 1 minute of airtime per episode?
andahazi
Stunt Double

Postby xlilevax on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:50 am

I have a feeling that he might join the Army like what Owen had done.
There's an upcoming episode where George shows a hidden talent in the Trauma Department while Karev freezes up.
xlilevax
Viewer

Postby McSunny on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:47 am

There are sides (casting call) for a Recruiter and a clerk in the Recruiting office in the SF. I think that will be one of the cliffhangers. We will see George go to the recruiting office but we won't know if he actually joins up or not until S6.

All the news pieces that I've seen think that George is gone. I hope not. I would miss him.

ETA: Latest article.

Is There Still a Place for George on 'Grey's Anatomy'? - April 02, 2009

know a lot had already been written about sweet little George (TR Knight) here and elsewhere. Paradoxically, the Grey’s Anatomy season we have seen the least of him is starting to prove to be a wake-up call to his fans, perhaps in that absence-makes-the-heart-grow-fonder fashion. My initial theory is that Shonda must be trying to slowly easy George out of everyone’s consciousness by giving him less and less screen time, a plan which she is either aborting (given this news) or drawing to a close when she finally writes him off.

With this in mind, I noted with particular interest an insightful comment on the last episode’s aftergasm article. Has Grey’s Anatomy really been so relationship-centric that those characters with no romantic coupling possibility are slowly being written off? A very popular slide show on the show’s worst relationships reveals that much of what happens on the Grey’s universe involves romantic relationships one way or another. Has this become the point of the show? Cont…
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/greys-a ... 27485.aspx
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:57 pm

It does look like he is going doesn't it .I think KH will either stay on full-time or as a recurring character but I think whatever argument happened between TR and Shonda must have been explosive from the way she has dealt with him.

McSunny wrote:
Rumor had it that TRK didn't take it well when Brooke Smith was fired the way she was. Really, it was pretty crappy they way they just dropped her. Again, rumor said that TRK was so upset that he walked off the set and wouldn't shoot anything for a few days. Now, knowing what we have always heard about TR, that he is a very easy going guy, I can see him getting upset about it but I can't really seeing him walking and refusing to work. But who knows. I think he may have said some things about it and sr doesn't take any kind of critism well. Look what Melissa George said, that sr was lovely unless she was mad at you and then she was a nightmare and wanted to punish you.

I believe, truly, that sr's bad feelings go back to the initial IW scandal. sr is known to be good buddies with IW and she did everything in her power not to have to get rid of him and she had to anyway. I think she always blamed TR (which is ridiculous because IW is responsible for what he called TR) for that whole situation. I think that was also when she started disliking KH because KH stuck up for her friend and said IW should keep his mouth shut. That's must have really hacked sr off. I honestly think that is why Gizzie happened. To punish KH & TR because sr knew that most of the audience would hate them for what they were doing (in the show) to Callie.

I think she took it really bad that TR actually had an opinion and it was not positive about the whole BS situation and that was just one more reason for sr to punish him.

SR was probably waiting for an opportunity to get him out and the BS firing and whatever was said has handed it to her on a plate .I guess all that had gone on before had soured the relationship because the BS firing was down to ABC not SR and I can't see why TR would have gone off on her for just that alone .The lack of screen time only happened after the firing

Character wise George going into the army not such a stretch .Found an interesting post on the subject

Merrocks at TWoP said

http://www.goarmy.com/RotcViewJob.do?id=312

As an Army Medical Department (AMEDD) Officer, you will not participate in the Basic Training or Boot Camp; instead, you'll attend an Officer Basic Leadership Course (OBLC), a basic orientation course to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine, and basic soldier and leader skills.

Officer Basic Leadership Course for Active Duty Officers is held four times a year at the AMEDD Center in Fort Sam Houston and lasts from ten 10-14to 14 weeks. Officers in the Army Reserve go to OBLC for two weeks. Health Professions Scholarship Program recipients will attend for 6 six weeks one time during their graduate medical education.

Being a leader in the Army requires certain qualities. A leader exhibits self-discipline, initiative, confidence and intelligence. They are physically fit and can perform under physical and mental pressures. Leaders make decisions quickly, always focusing on completing the mission successfully, and show respect for their subordinates and other military officers. Leaders lead from the front and adjust to environments that are always changing. They are judged by their ability to make decisions on their own and bear ultimate moral responsibility for those decisions.

It might be the way George finds the respect he has been missing. Alex telling the interns he failed. Retaking his exam.

The Air Force website says you can complete any residency in the Air Force.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby ozumablank on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:22 pm

I think that he's leaving for sure, he hasnt had much this season, nah I think that its his time to leave, he no longer has much of a place in the story anymore so I think that he will go to Iraq.
ozumablank
Extra

Postby Humbugged on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:05 am

from noname831 at TWoP

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/ask ... .html#more

Question: I think it's time for an update on T.R. Knight's efforts to flee Grey's Anatomy. Will he get his wish by the end of the season? --Amy
Ausiello: It certainly sounds like Shonda Rhimes is setting the stage for his departure. A Grey's insider is now confirming what I've previously predicted: George will not only (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT) march off to war, but he'll be wounded (perhaps mortally) in the line of duty by season's end.

How the f :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: is that going to work with the timeline. No basic training ?? instant deployment or a big time jump in the last 5 mins
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:19 am

So George is dead... Hmm. Well I knew something like that was coming. I will feel bad for the Fab 5, I won't really miss him after awhile. If George is dying then Izzie isn't at least until mid season 6 or something. They wouldn't kill off two members of the Fab 5 at once.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby McSunny on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 am

Humbugged wrote:from noname831 at TWoP

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/ask ... .html#more

Question: I think it's time for an update on T.R. Knight's efforts to flee Grey's Anatomy. Will he get his wish by the end of the season? --Amy
Ausiello: It certainly sounds like Shonda Rhimes is setting the stage for his departure. A Grey's insider is now confirming what I've previously predicted: George will not only (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT) march off to war, but he'll be wounded (perhaps mortally) in the line of duty by season's end.

How the f :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: is that going to work with the timeline. No basic training ?? instant deployment or a big time jump in the last 5 mins

My thoughts exactly, Humbugged. I know someone had posted at TWoP about what would happen if George joined the army and it indicated that he would have to go to about 14 weeks of Leadership training camp before he would be shipped out anywhere.

ETA:

Also, the casting call for the recruiters is not until the finale so Ausiello is blowing smoke, IMO.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:05 am

Agree with you Sunny and Humbugged ... Ausellio is often wrong. I'm sure George is leaving for the army, but seems really strange that he has the time to be killed.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:58 pm

from Fishwife56 at TWoP

(from Ausiello EW print)

Bye George! Is Grey's killing of Knight's doc?

Whatever cliff-hanger Grey's Anatomy has in store in its season finale next month, it'll probably pale in comparison to the one TR Knight is experiencing in real life. Last fall, the actor - frustrated by his lack of airtime - asked to be released from his multi-year contract. Now, according to an ABC insider, his wish may be granted by an upcoming story line that finds George marching off to war as an Army Medic. Just as the season wraps up, George gets injured in the line of duty, leaving his fate up in the air for viewers -- and even Knight himself. "TR doesn't know whether George lives or dies" explains a source close to the show. "And, as a result, he doesn't know whether or not he has to come back next season. Legally speaking, Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes has until mid-June to decide whether to drop Knight -- and all indications are she will use every second of that time. Some are suggesting she may be forcing Knight to sweat it out as payback for wanting to jump ship. (The two have had a strained relationship since the Isaiah Washington blowup in 2006.) While Knight's rep and Rhimes both declined to comment, a Grey's insider scoffs at such a notion. "At the end of the day, Shonda is going to do what's best for the show," maintains the source. "Everything else is just idle gossip."
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:37 am

Humbugged wrote:from Fishwife56 at TWoP

(from Ausiello EW print)

Bye George! Is Grey's killing of Knight's doc?

Whatever cliff-hanger Grey's Anatomy has in store in its season finale next month, it'll probably pale in comparison to the one TR Knight is experiencing in real life. Last fall, the actor - frustrated by his lack of airtime - asked to be released from his multi-year contract. Now, according to an ABC insider, his wish may be granted by an upcoming story line that finds George marching off to war as an Army Medic. Just as the season wraps up, George gets injured in the line of duty, leaving his fate up in the air for viewers -- and even Knight himself. "TR doesn't know whether George lives or dies" explains a source close to the show. "And, as a result, he doesn't know whether or not he has to come back next season. Legally speaking, Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes has until mid-June to decide whether to drop Knight -- and all indications are she will use every second of that time. Some are suggesting she may be forcing Knight to sweat it out as payback for wanting to jump ship. (The two have had a strained relationship since the Isaiah Washington blowup in 2006.) While Knight's rep and Rhimes both declined to comment, a Grey's insider scoffs at such a notion. "At the end of the day, Shonda is going to do what's best for the show," maintains the source. "Everything else is just idle gossip."

Thanks Humbugged!

I don't buy that everything else is just idle gossip, though. During the problems with IW, TR was rumored to be severely disappointed with Shonda's stance on that whole thing. She made it pretty clear that she was behind IW all the way until TPTB forced her to get rid of him. So, I would say the hard feelings between the two go way back. Personally, I can't blame TR for having hard feeling over that sorry incident. Word is that the BS firing and the way it was handled was a blow up between TR and sr, too. You can't tell me that TR hasn't been being punished by sr for the last few months. I don't think that was for the good of the show. I knew TR would be a cliffhanger for the SF if for no other reason than to keep TR hanging on and not knowing what's going to happen. Also, she'll do it to milk all the "is he leaving or isn't he" questions for as long as she can. I think she'll do the same thing to KH.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby ivaja on Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 am

I think for me it's ok that he leaves. It will give the show a new subject to talk about.
ivaja
Extra

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers