Any new news about the George leaving rumor/scoop?

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Any new news about the George leaving rumor/scoop?

Postby md_em on Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm

ivaja wrote:I think for me it's ok that he leaves. It will give the show a new subject to talk about.

Currently, I don't feel like I will miss him (but who knows?)
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Humbugged on Wed May 13, 2009 4:26 am

from noname831 @ TWoP

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Lo ... 06021.aspx

What can you spill about the Grey's Anatomy season finale? Are we definitely saying goodbye to George and T.R. Knight? — Kellie
MATT: Yes, there are rumors swirling that the finale not only paves the way for George's departure from Seattle Grace, but perhaps also his exit from this plane of existence as well. I presented said scuttlebutt to Chyler Leigh (who plays Lexie), and asked if she feels she has shared the Grey's set with Knight a final time. "Not that I know of," she said, adding: "I'm not even sure T.R. knows [what the future holds]. I don't think anybody knows what's going to happen." Well, nobody except Shonda, that is
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Wed May 13, 2009 9:53 am

Humbugged wrote:from noname831 @ TWoP

What can you spill about the Grey's Anatomy season finale? Are we definitely saying goodbye to George and T.R. Knight? — Kellie
MATT: Yes, there are rumors swirling that the finale not only paves the way for George's departure from Seattle Grace, but perhaps also his exit from this plane of existence as well. I presented said scuttlebutt to Chyler Leigh (who plays Lexie), and asked if she feels she has shared the Grey's set with Knight a final time. "Not that I know of," she said, adding: "I'm not even sure T.R. knows [what the future holds]. I don't think anybody knows what's going to happen." Well, nobody except Shonda, that is

Oh come on! They have filmed the finale Either they have either filmed two ending for George (one he lives or one he dies) or it is the cliffhanger - will he be back or they know but are just not saying. I can just see sr filming two ending just to keep it all quiet. TR would have to know if he has a job or not by now - they must be given some notice of their character departing in their contracts surely. O.o
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Wed May 13, 2009 10:47 am

Taylijane wrote:

Oh come on! They have filmed the finale Either they have either filmed two ending for George (one he lives or one he dies) or it is the cliffhanger - will he be back or they know but are just not saying. I can just see sr filming two ending just to keep it all quiet. TR would have to know if he has a job or not by now - they must be given some notice of their character departing in their contracts surely. O.o

You would think so but did if IRC ,IW didn't know if he was coming back or not
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 am

Humbugged wrote:
Taylijane wrote:

You would think so but did if IRC ,IW didn't know if he was coming back or not

Humbugged, I wonder if it is different if you are fired? He did not want out, sr and abc wanted him out - I wonder if there are any clauses that if they do something "unbecoming a GA cast member" then they can be terminated with little or no notice?
TR wants out of his contract - I think his case is different. As I said I would not put it past sr to film two endings though. :sneaky:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed May 13, 2009 11:31 am

Tayli, are you sure that TRK really wants to get out ? I understand that his relationship with SR is difficult, but if KH stays he might want to stay :S

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Wed May 13, 2009 6:27 pm

ABC has options at the end of each year to pick up each actor/actress. They literally don't have to tell them until something like 1 month before they are to report for shooting to begin in late July or early August. Now, the studio does not generally hold this information from the actors until the last minute. But they can. I believe this year that is exactly what they will do with TR and possibly KH too. So, about the last they could tell them whether they wanted them back or not would be about the end of June. I believe sr will not tell for 2 reasons. She won't want the public to know and actors can't tell what they don't know. The second reason is, IMO, sr will torture TRK and/or KH as long as possible just because she can to punish them.

With IW, they told him right after the season ended that they were NOT picking up his option again. He was not actually fired they just exercised their right not to keep him on. At that time, TRK was not told if he was going to be picked up again and he was not told until June that he would be back that year. So, sr has pulled this crap before.

ETA:

We don't know that TRK wants out for sure. There have just been rumors that after the fall out following Brooke Smith's firing that he was very unhappy about that. Then a couple of months later when George started to not be on screen much there were rumors that he wanted out. Nothing has ever been confirmed.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby andahazi on Sat May 16, 2009 2:57 am

So, after all, THERE WAS A REASON FOR GEORGE HAVING NO SCREENTIME TROUGHOUT THE SEASON! :roll:

RHIMES: You have to remember, I have two shows. It's not as if I spend a lot of time reading the press. We talk about stuff in the writers' room that other people have read, but, mostly, we were really moving on character. Every year at the beginning of the season I pitch what the end of the season is going to be. And I literally sat down and pitched the last 10 minutes of this season at the beginning of the season, so we were headed towards the place that we knew we were going to go.

Why haven't we seen very much of George this season? I understand that there are ebbs and flows on ensemble dramas but…
RHIMES: There are ebbs and flows. Every character this season has had a lot of ebbs and flows. And every season is shaped differently. With George, I really wanted you to not notice that he wasn't there for most of this episode. I don't think anybody noticed because of the way we laid it out this season. He's an incredibly talented actor. And, actually, he was really lovely and elegant about lying there in all that very painful makeup and prosthetics for much of the episode with no words. That moment where he grabs Meredith's hand is one of the most affecting moments of the episode, and it was without words.

Sooooooooo, aparently, SR pitched George's final storyline after S5 premiere, in September 2008 :hmm:
Sooooooooo, in order for us not even suspectig the John Doe was George, he didn't have to appear in the entire episode, and we wouldn't have to be surprised by it :whistle:
Sooooooooo, for that to happen, they had to reduce his airtime to 10 seconds and 2 lines per episode throughout the entire season, so we could get used to him been absent from all the main storylines :whistle: :whistle:

Yeah, that seems like a relly, really good explanation! :)

Oh, wait a minute... Actually, it sounds like really, really big BS! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

If I were TRK, I would feel heavily irrespected :thumbsdown:
andahazi
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Sat May 16, 2009 4:42 am

andahazi wrote:So, after all, THERE WAS A REASON FOR GEORGE HAVING NO SCREENTIME TROUGHOUT THE SEASON! :roll:

RHIMES: You have to remember, I have two shows. It's not as if I spend a lot of time reading the press. We talk about stuff in the writers' room that other people have read, but, mostly, we were really moving on character. Every year at the beginning of the season I pitch what the end of the season is going to be. And I literally sat down and pitched the last 10 minutes of this season at the beginning of the season, so we were headed towards the place that we knew we were going to go.

Why haven't we seen very much of George this season? I understand that there are ebbs and flows on ensemble dramas but…
RHIMES: There are ebbs and flows. Every character this season has had a lot of ebbs and flows. And every season is shaped differently. With George, I really wanted you to not notice that he wasn't there for most of this episode. I don't think anybody noticed because of the way we laid it out this season. He's an incredibly talented actor. And, actually, he was really lovely and elegant about lying there in all that very painful makeup and prosthetics for much of the episode with no words. That moment where he grabs Meredith's hand is one of the most affecting moments of the episode, and it was without words.

Sooooooooo, aparently, SR pitched George's final storyline after S5 premiere, in September 2008 :hmm:
Sooooooooo, in order for us not even suspectig the John Doe was George, he didn't have to appear in the entire episode, and we wouldn't have to be surprised by it :whistle:
Sooooooooo, for that to happen, they had to reduce his airtime to 10 seconds and 2 lines per episode throughout the entire season, so we could get used to him been absent from all the main storylines :whistle: :whistle:

Yeah, that seems like a relly, really good explanation! :)

Oh, wait a minute... Actually, it sounds like really, really big BS! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

If I were TRK, I would feel heavily irrespected :thumbsdown:

And maybe the primary reason that he wanted OUT. She has been "punishing" TR for sometime. He was never the one to worship at the altar of the self-imposed greatness of srhimes. She does it to all actors who do not toe her line - including KH.
And as I have said before, sr is great at making excuses for what she does and not in an honest way. She always seems to be covering her butt. :thumbsdown:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Sat May 16, 2009 6:17 am

Sounds like a load of :cursing: to me. I don't buy, for one minute, that sr pitched the last scene with it being KH AND TRK dying. KH I can believe. It was after she made the Emmy remarks (which, IMO, were only the truth anyway) and so she was in for the next PP (sr punishment plan). There were no rumors of TR being unhappy until AFTER the Brooke Smith firing. A month or so after that was when the rumors started about TR wanting out. That's when I think sr decided TR needed some MORE (like Gizzie wasn't enough) PP.

Also, sr said everything was in the season premiere that would happen throughout the season. There was the scene of Izzie in her prom dress walking into the light with Denny. There was nothing to indicate that George would join the army or die. Maybe that is our clue and George will turn away (live) and Denny will appear to take Izzie away.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sat May 16, 2009 8:50 pm

McSunny wrote:Sounds like a load of :cursing: to me. I don't buy, for one minute, that sr pitched the last scene with it being KH AND TRK dying. KH I can believe. It was after she made the Emmy remarks (which, IMO, were only the truth anyway) and so she was in for the next PP (sr punishment plan). There were no rumors of TR being unhappy until AFTER the Brooke Smith firing. A month or so after that was when the rumors started about TR wanting out. That's when I think sr decided TR needed some MORE (like Gizzie wasn't enough) PP.

Also, sr said everything was in the season premiere that would happen throughout the season. There was the scene of Izzie in her prom dress walking into the light with Denny. There was nothing to indicate that George would join the army or die. Maybe that is our clue and George will turn away (live) and Denny will appear to take Izzie away.

I don't buy it neither ... I really don't understand this woman. Why does she need to say that? She should tell us about next year instead of making strange stories about George and his death !!!

md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Sun May 17, 2009 10:13 am

I also DON'T believe that all the other actors (besides KH & TRK) have NOT been told yet if ABC is picking up their contracts. Do you really think that EP or PD don't know whether they are coming back? Baloney. sr really belittles us by how stupid and gullible she thinks we are.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Sun May 17, 2009 11:08 am

McSunny wrote:I also DON'T believe that all the other actors (besides KH & TRK) have NOT been told yet if ABC is picking up their contracts. Do you really think that EP or PD don't know whether they are coming back? Baloney. sr really belittles us by how stupid and gullible she thinks we are.

Linda, This is what annoys me most about sr! What she is - in her early 40's, an educated woman - and she is not aware of the internet and its power + the knowledge of all things - she takes us for fools and it sooooo **** me off!

Maybe it is that she things that there are those of us who will blindly accept what is told to them but come on - it is so annoying that she just always dumbs it down instead of going - 90% of them out there hate dumbing them down so be honest. But it is not in her nature. She wants us to be dumb.

Be honest - don't lie - and it can't come back to bite you! Learn for goddesses sake! :cursing:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Thu May 28, 2009 3:23 am

from windsprints @ TWoP

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_mal ... goner.html

Dr. George O'Malley is dead.

Multiple sources tell me that T.R. Knight will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy next season.

Knight's departure shouldn't come as too much of a shock...

Not only was George flatlining at the end of the season finale earlier this month, but the 36-year-old actor has reportedly wanted off the hit ABC series for quite some time.

I'm told that tension between Knight and show creator Shonda Rhimes has become unbearable for both.

"He hates her, and she hates him," one source said.

Knight, an original member of the Grey's cast, was said to have become increasingly frustrated by his character's lack of storyline and camera face time. In December, he asked to be let out of his contract.

Insiders tell me Knight has made no secret about George's demise. No word on any future projects for Knight, but at least now he's free to pursue other things.

Reps for Knight and ABC declined to comment.

Knight's best buddy Katherine Heigl is supposedly still waiting to learn her fate with Seattle Grace. As I was the first to report last July, Rhimes began contemplating an early death for Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens after Heigl took herself out of the running for last year's Emmys because, she complained, the writers failed to give her good enough material to work with.

Like George, Izzie was also flatlining at the end of the season finale.

Funny enough, Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Heigl will submit her name for Emmy consideration this year for her work as cancer-stricken Izzie.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Thu May 28, 2009 4:01 am

Humbugged wrote:from windsprints @ TWoP

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_mal ... goner.html

Dr. George O'Malley is dead.

Multiple sources tell me that T.R. Knight will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy next season.

Knight's departure shouldn't come as too much of a shock...

Not only was George flatlining at the end of the season finale earlier this month, but the 36-year-old actor has reportedly wanted off the hit ABC series for quite some time.

I'm told that tension between Knight and show creator Shonda Rhimes has become unbearable for both.

"He hates her, and she hates him," one source said.

Knight, an original member of the Grey's cast, was said to have become increasingly frustrated by his character's lack of storyline and camera face time. In December, he asked to be let out of his contract.

Insiders tell me Knight has made no secret about George's demise. No word on any future projects for Knight, but at least now he's free to pursue other things.

Reps for Knight and ABC declined to comment.

Knight's best buddy Katherine Heigl is supposedly still waiting to learn her fate with Seattle Grace. As I was the first to report last July, Rhimes began contemplating an early death for Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens after Heigl took herself out of the running for last year's Emmys because, she complained, the writers failed to give her good enough material to work with.

Like George, Izzie was also flatlining at the end of the season finale.

Funny enough, Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Heigl will submit her name for Emmy consideration this year for her work as cancer-stricken Izzie.

Thanks, Humbugged. Where have you been? Off watching cricket? Are you a Yorkshire or Scotland supporter?

Very interesting article. So TR is gone. Is KH gone, too? Is George gone?

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers