Any new news about the George leaving rumor/scoop?

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Any new news about the George leaving rumor/scoop?

Postby McSunny on Thu May 28, 2009 6:15 am

Taylijane wrote:
Humbugged wrote:from windsprints @ TWoP

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_mal ... goner.html

Dr. George O'Malley is dead.

Multiple sources tell me that T.R. Knight will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy next season.

Knight's departure shouldn't come as too much of a shock...

Not only was George flatlining at the end of the season finale earlier this month, but the 36-year-old actor has reportedly wanted off the hit ABC series for quite some time.

I'm told that tension between Knight and show creator Shonda Rhimes has become unbearable for both.

"He hates her, and she hates him," one source said.

Knight, an original member of the Grey's cast, was said to have become increasingly frustrated by his character's lack of storyline and camera face time. In December, he asked to be let out of his contract.

Insiders tell me Knight has made no secret about George's demise. No word on any future projects for Knight, but at least now he's free to pursue other things.

Reps for Knight and ABC declined to comment.

Knight's best buddy Katherine Heigl is supposedly still waiting to learn her fate with Seattle Grace. As I was the first to report last July, Rhimes began contemplating an early death for Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens after Heigl took herself out of the running for last year's Emmys because, she complained, the writers failed to give her good enough material to work with.

Like George, Izzie was also flatlining at the end of the season finale.

Funny enough, Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Heigl will submit her name for Emmy consideration this year for her work as cancer-stricken Izzie.

Thanks, Humbugged. Where have you been? Off watching cricket? Are you a Yorkshire or Scotland supporter?

Very interesting article. So TR is gone. Is KH gone, too? Is George gone?

It says Dr. George O'Malley is dead. So, I guess this source is saying George is gone. I don't buy it though. I truly believe there will be many "leaks" up until we actually here about the contracts. I think sr will be "leaking" :rofl: all summer to try to keep the buzz up. Remember it's Emmy time and the more buzz they can create right now the better for their people. I'm not saying that George isn't dead....because he may be, I'm just saying I don't believe in these sources right now.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby md_em on Thu May 28, 2009 9:25 am

I guess we will have a lot of rumors, but I do think that TRK won't come back :cry:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Fri May 29, 2009 6:43 am

Latest Grey's Rumors Ripped as "Ridiculous," "False" and "B.S." - May 28, 2009

T.R. Knight, Grey's Anatomy

Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes is nipping in the bud talk that the role of George — who last was seen barely alive after being mauled, mangled and mashed in a bus accident — will be recast with a new actor.

"A hilarious, ridiculous rumor" is how Rhimes, via Twitter, qualified the speculation.

Getting someone new to play a surgically made-over George would conveniently pave the way for T.R. Knight to vacate the role and exit the ABC serial, as has been rumored for many, many months. The increasingly dusty buzz has been that Knight's disenchantment with his Season 5 storylines begat his conspicuously decreased screen time... which, in turn, is said to have disenchanted Knight even further.

Now, E! Online is reporting that Knight just this week negotiated his departure from Grey's — a neat trick, seeing as he's still on contract through Season 6, if needed. "That story is utterly false," one well-placed source tells TVGuide.com. "Nothing at all has changed in T.R.'s status." A second industry insider deems the aforementioned blog posting as "total B.S."

Rhimes herself recently told EW.com, "There have been lots of rumors about T.R., but T.R.'s never said anything. Take from it what you will."

ABC entertainment boss Stephen McPherson also has weighed in on the uncertain future of Knight's character, as well as Katherine Heigl's ailing Izzie.

"They've both signed on [for next season]," he told reporters at ABC's upfront. "I can't say whether or not they'll both be there."

Reps for ABC and Knight declined to comment for this story.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri May 29, 2009 7:48 am

Just Jared on the TR Departure Debarcle….

Multiple sources confirm to E!’s Marc Malkin that T.R. Knight will not be returning to Grey’s Anatomy next season.

False reports are circulating that the show’s creator Shonda Rimes rebuffed this news, calling it “a hilarious, ridiculous rumor.”

Well, Shonda did in fact tweet those words but she was responding to the ridiculous rumor that Dr. George O’Malley would have facial reconstructive surgery and his role would be re-cast.

Here’s the original tweet: “Heard a rumor about George today. Said that TR would be replaced (by plastic surgery) and we’d still have George.”

Dr. George O’Malley is, in fact, dead. Live with it!

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Fri May 29, 2009 9:13 am

We are going to hear a lot about this for the next couple of weeks. :S
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:50 am

Grey's Anatomy: Goodbye, Gizzie? - Tuesday, June 02, 2009

E! Online reports that "multiple sources" have confirmed the oft-mentioned George-will-die-Izzie-will-live hypothesis on Grey's Anatomy, firming up beliefs that TR Knight, who plays George O'Malley, is indeed on his way out of Seattle Grace. His character, misshapen after an almost-fatal accident, flat-lined just when the ABC medical drama's fifth season came to a close. The 36-year-old reportedly wanted off Grey's for the longest time.

There has been too much friction between Knight and Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes, adds E! Online. He asked to be left out of his contract late last year after growing frustrated that with his character's lack of solid storyline and screen time. Fans of George all noticed the lack of screen-time for O'Malley.

"He hates her, and she hates him," a source says.

Rhimes has denied these reports, but she is known to toy with the lines of truth when it comes to these things.

The hypothesis, which posits Izzie (Katherine Heigl) will live while George will die, was prompted by a dream sequence on the finale that saw a torn Izzie on the elevator when the door opened to an inviting George dressed in army uniform.

In a news that can bolster this claim, Heigl has recently reentered the Emmy race, reports Entertainment Weekly. Her metastatic melanoma storyline has drawn raves from fans, not the least of which is Rhimes, who said, "I think she did beautiful work. I think she always does beautiful work."

The Knocked Up star, who won the best supporting plum in 2007, took herself out of contention last year, citing lack of material for her character. Like George, last season's closing episode ended with no certainty whether Izzie will live after the brain operation that has wrought some damage in her brain.
http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatom ... 27&tsn=261

*"He hates her and she hates him"....I would believe that. But I have to ask what the heck has she got to hate him for. It's like she has blamed TR for IW making his stupid@ss remarks and that's just sick and wrong. JMO, of course.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 pm

McSunny wrote:Grey's Anatomy: Goodbye, Gizzie? - Tuesday, June 02, 2009

E! Online reports that "multiple sources" have confirmed the oft-mentioned George-will-die-Izzie-will-live hypothesis on Grey's Anatomy, firming up beliefs that TR Knight, who plays George O'Malley, is indeed on his way out of Seattle Grace. His character, misshapen after an almost-fatal accident, flat-lined just when the ABC medical drama's fifth season came to a close. The 36-year-old reportedly wanted off Grey's for the longest time.

There has been too much friction between Knight and Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes, adds E! Online. He asked to be left out of his contract late last year after growing frustrated that with his character's lack of solid storyline and screen time. Fans of George all noticed the lack of screen-time for O'Malley.

"He hates her, and she hates him," a source says.

Rhimes has denied these reports, but she is known to toy with the lines of truth when it comes to these things.

The hypothesis, which posits Izzie (Katherine Heigl) will live while George will die, was prompted by a dream sequence on the finale that saw a torn Izzie on the elevator when the door opened to an inviting George dressed in army uniform.

In a news that can bolster this claim, Heigl has recently reentered the Emmy race, reports Entertainment Weekly. Her metastatic melanoma storyline has drawn raves from fans, not the least of which is Rhimes, who said, "I think she did beautiful work. I think she always does beautiful work."

The Knocked Up star, who won the best supporting plum in 2007, took herself out of contention last year, citing lack of material for her character. Like George, last season's closing episode ended with no certainty whether Izzie will live after the brain operation that has wrought some damage in her brain.
http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatom ... 27&tsn=261

*"He hates her and she hates him"....I would believe that. But I have to ask what the heck has she got to hate him for. It's like she has blamed TR for IW making his stupid@ss remarks and that's just sick and wrong. JMO, of course.

Hate is a strong word, and yes, why should she hate him, IW made the remarks, not TR, she is just a nasty person to work for. Maybe she does blame TR for IW getting fired. That makes no sense to me. But then sr lives in Shondaland..witch is somewhere under the rainbow.
To quote Terri
We are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy .
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:47 am

Hate is a strong word, and yes, why should she hate him, IW made the remarks, not TR, she is just a nasty person to work for. Maybe she does blame TR for IW getting fired. That makes no sense to me. But then sr lives in Shondaland..witch is somewhere under the rainbow.
To quote Terri
We are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy .

:rofl: I like that one!

ETA: June 9, 2009

Here’s an article about TR which has an quote from the NE due out June 15, 2009

T.R. Knight’s boyfriend told him to quit Greys for movie career (spoilers) – June 8, 2009

Grey’s Anatomy star T.R. Knight’s young boyfriend is said to have advised him to leave the show in favor of pursuing a movie career. It’s a risky move that Knight may have to follow through with, now that it’s rumored that he’s off the show after a cliffhanger season closer that seemed to show his character George’s death:
T.R. Knight was pushed to quit his starring role on “Grey’s Anatomy” - by his 20-year-old boyfriend, who thinks he should be a movie star!
That’s the shocking real story behind the TV doctor’s apparent decision not to return to the hit ABC show next season, sources say.
While it’s no secret that the openly gay 36-year-old actor has been unhappy with his lack of screen time, insiders say his boyfriend of 1 1/2 years, college student Mark Cornelsen, has been trying to convince T.R. that he’s destined to be a movie star.
“Mark definitely has stars in his eyes,” an insider told The Enquirer. “Ever since he came into T.R.’s life, he’s been pushing T.R. to shoot for a bigger career.
“Before Mark, T.R. was thrilled to be just a regular on a hit TV show…
“T.R. is unproven on the big screen, and no one is knocking down his door to star in A-list projects,” the insider pointed out.
[From The National Enquirer, print edition, June 15, 2009]
Unlike his co-worker buddy Katherine Heigl, T.R. Knight has no virtually no movie credits to his name. From what I could see on IMDB, he’s made only two movies, one in 2002 and another in 2006, each of which I’ve never heard of.
Hiegl made the cross over to film while she was still starring on Grey’s, and it’s thought that her character could live although we’ll have to tune in this fall to lean Izzie and George’s fate. Starring on a TV show where you’re making good steady money and branching out into film are not mutually exclusive. Knight’s partner is just 20 years old and it sounds like he gave him some dumb, immature advice. Knight had a sweet job that he may have thrown away. Hopefully it isn’t true that he’s leaving or he has something else lined up. For now, his IMDB page ends at Grey’s.
Grey’s creator Shonda Rimes sort-of denied that Knight is leaving, and twittered that it was a ” hilarious ridiculous rumor” that he was leaving. On the other hand, she has refused to address in interviews whether Izzie and/or George were leaving so why would she be so quick to call the rumors “hilarious”?
http://www.celebitchy.com/54483/tr_knig ... _spoilers/
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Thanks Linda, I don't know what to think about TK, I really don't want him gone.

Me thinks though, he is. Just a feeling, :hmm: :PP
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby andahazi on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:28 pm

I really don't think that T.R. could be so easy-influenced by his boyfriend.
I mean, he is a grown up man, he defintely knows wether he has or hasn't good chances of becoming a movie star.
I really don't see him in blockbuster movies, like KH. Maybe in independent films, or in another series (I don't know why, but I could totally see him in a law series, like "Boston Legal" or "Eli Stone". Yes, I know they were cancelled, but I'm referring to that kind of genre)
andahazi
Stunt Double

Postby McSunny on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:12 am

andahazi wrote:I really don't think that T.R. could be so easy-influenced by his boyfriend.
I mean, he is a grown up man, he defintely knows wether he has or hasn't good chances of becoming a movie star.
I really don't see him in blockbuster movies, like KH. Maybe in independent films, or in another series (I don't know why, but I could totally see him in a law series, like "Boston Legal" or "Eli Stone". Yes, I know they were cancelled, but I'm referring to that kind of genre)

ITA with you, I think that's just one of those stupid National Enquirer stories. I think TR has more sense than that. I remember interviews with the whole gang at the Paley Film festival right after the show started and TR was making fun of his lack of work at the time that Grey's came along so I really don't think him having a large ego is the reason for his problems at Grey's. I think those are sr related.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:17 am

McSunny wrote:
andahazi wrote:I really don't think that T.R. could be so easy-influenced by his boyfriend.

ITA with you, I think that's just one of those stupid National Enquirer stories. I think TR has more sense than that. I remember interviews with the whole gang at the Paley Film festival right after the show started and TR was making fun of his lack of work at the time that Grey's came along so I really don't think him having a large ego is the reason for his problems at Grey's. I think those are sr related.

TRK went to see CW in Chicago ... so he could as well try to go on stage :roll:

md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 am

md_em wrote:
McSunny wrote:

TRK went to see CW in Chicago ... so he could as well try to go on stage :roll:

That's where he came from. Most of his work prior to Grey's was on stage.

ETA: ADDED JUNE 17, 2009

It’s Official: T.R. Knight exits ‘Grey’s Anatomy’
Fall's still months away, but one of last season's bigger Grey's Anatomy cliffhangers has already been resolved: Sources confirm to me exclusively that T.R. Knight's wish to be released from his contract has been granted. The official decision, I'm told, came down in the past few days, just as many of his castmates began receiving their formal pickup letters from ABC.

What does this news mean for George? What will Knight do next? And what about Izzie? Find out after the jump...

The actor's exit closes yet another rocky chapter for the embattled primetime soap, one that opened with Isaiahgate and worsened when, amid rumors that Knight was clashing with series creator Shonda Rhimes, George O'Malley was backburnered. Finally, Knight grew so fed up with his character's lack of storyline that he asked if he could check out three years before his deal expired. After that, all indications were that he would be let go, although Rhimes didn't make a final decision until recently. (Contractually speaking, she had until June 30 to make up her mind.)

Last month, Rhimes told me that George's relatively light storyline this year was the result of the normal "ebbs and flows" of ensemble television. But she did acknowledge that he was intentionally written lighter during the last half of the season so that viewers wouldn't think it odd that he was absent from the season finale -- something that was necessary to preserve the episode's biggest twist: that George was actually a disfigured John Doe who had been hit by a bus. "I really wanted you to not notice that he wasn't there for most of this episode," she said. "I don't think anybody noticed because of the way we laid it out this season."

Knight's departure would seem to confirm that George doesn't survive, although fans have wondered whether Rhimes is planning to pull an Elizabeth Reaser (Jane Doe/Rebecca) and have him live, only to be replaced by another actor, thanks to plastic surgeon Sloane's handiwork. That's "hilarious, ridiculous," the boss has said. However, I've heard that she was interested in having Knight appear in next season's first three episodes, but a short-term deal could not be brokered.

What will Knight do now? Per an insider, the theatrically-trained thesp is in talks to start 2010 by headlining a Broadway revival of Lend Me a Tenor, the classic farce he recently did a reading of with Alfred Molina, Tony Shalhoub, and Marian Seldes.

Reps for Knight and ABC declined to comment.

Now that the question of George's future seems to have been answered, another puzzler moves to the forefront: What's going to happen to Katherine Heigl's Izzie, whose life also hung in the balance in last May's capper? Stay tuned... In the meantime, proceed to the comments and weigh in on Knight's departure.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/its ... atomy.html
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 am

T.R. Knight: Broadway on the Brain

What's next for T.R. Knight?

Now that he's hanging up his Grey's Anatomy scrubs, I'm told Mr. Knight is in a New York state of mind.

"He wants to get to New York and do theater," a source said, "but there are no done deals yet."

Back in March, it was reported that he took part in a reading for a Broadway revival of Lend Me Tenor directed by Stanley Tucci and also including Alfred Molina, Tony Shalhoub, Jan Maxwell and Marian Seldes.

As I was the first to report, Knight is saying bye-bye to Grey's Anatomy after he asked to be let go because he was unhappy with his diminished presence on the show.

Knight appeared opposite Patti LuPone in a 2001 revival of Noises Off as well as in the 2003 production of Tartuffe. He last appeared on the New York stage five years ago off-Broadway in the drama Boy.

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 pm

from ILoveLexzie @ ABC

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/greys-an ... ow-2009186

T.R. Knight's former Grey's Anatomy costar Melissa George confirms he's leaving the show.

"Yes, he is," George told Us when asked at last night's Whitney Contemporaries Art Party and Auction in NYC.

Yesterday, a source told Us that Knight was released from his contract this week. The source added that show creator Shonda Rimes had until June 30 to decide Knight's fate, but the actor went directly to the network to ask to be released early.

"He's had enough of Shonda and ABC," the source said. "He decided to take back his powers."

Check out photos of cozy couples of Grey's Anatomy.

George is proud of Knight, who played George O'Malley on the medical drama. (On the season finale, he appeared to have died after being hit by a bus.)

"He's one of my best friends," she tells Us. "I feel great for him."

What's next for him?

"Oh, everything. He's had a good week. I'm not saying anything," she teases.

Entertainment Weekly -- which also reported the news of his departure -- says the actor is in talks to headline the Broadway revival of Lend Me a Tenor in 2010.

George hints: "We just went to see two Broadway shows in the last two days. That's something great, you know? For him."

As for Katherine Heigl's fate, she admits: "I don't know yet."

Heigl, who plays Izzie Stevens, went unconscious after having surgery to treat her brain cancer in the last moments of the season finale. James Pickens Jr (Chief Richard Webber) told Us in February that she was leaving the show as well.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers