Episode 5.18 - Stand By Me - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.18 - Stand By Me - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Irina on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:58 am

Cancer for Izzie, no suprise :( I´m a bit worried about the Chrstina/Owen News :unsure:
Irina
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:41 am

hbshopgirl wrote:Anyone see the ausiello answers? You guys are not going to happy... I am not happy either the MerDer thing and the Owen and Christina thing. These writers really suck. I mean come on, how much can you milk these storylines?

Question: You got anything on the Mer-Der proposal on Grey's Anatomy? --Cas
Ausiello: Mer not only learns about the engagement ring in next week's episode, but she sees it, too. Unfortunately, the circumstances are less than ideal in both cases.

Question: Please, give me some spoilers regarding Cristina and Owen on Grey's Anatomy. I'll settle for anything! --Kelly
Ausiello: Even if it's a little icky? Okay, you asked for it: Owen's post-traumatic stress disorder will take a turn for the worse when he ends up physically hurting Cristina, albeit unintentionally. To find out what happens next, pick up the Spring TV Preview-themed issue of EW (on sale Friday) and turn to page 35.

Question: Put my mind at ease and tell me we won't be seeing dead Denny again on Grey's Anatomy. --Jenny
Ausiello: I bring you good news from Jeffrey Dean Morgan. "If they are planning on having me back this season, they’d have to do it awfully fast because I am about to have a major scheduling conflict," Morgan told us at Monday's Watchmen premiere. "I'm going to shoot a movie called The Resident with Hilary ****. It is pretty much Psycho meets Fatal Attraction. I am a guy who becomes obsessed with Hilary’s character. So I don’t see how Denny could make a comeback this season. There's always next season. You know, I trust Shonda [Rhimes], so if she wanted me back, I would do everything possible to get it done. But I think dead Denny played his part. He gave Izzie the warning. In a way, the whole Denny ghost-reaper-angel thing was similar to my experience with fans of Watchmen. People were merciless about both projects on the Internet, and eventually you just have to stop reading and trust your boss and do your best."

The no more Denny is the best thing ever though!! (It at least sounds like he isn't coming back)
But I am starting to get really fed up with this show. :mad: So much for Owen being there for Christina and it not just being about his issues. I thought the worst of his PTSD was over after the 5-14 panic attack. So much for that.
And Mere finding the ring, I am not as invested in them as you guys are but I still love them and want them to just be happy. I knew when Christina was like "he's planning to propose" Mere got all scared and was not very happy. You know Christina meant to talk about Derek but saw Mere's reaction and made it be the chief and Ellis. The thing is you know that they will be okay eventually and get engaged at some point because this is MerDer we are talking about. This will probably provoke her to propose so in the end they will be fine. They've already had their angst so everything will be fine.
Owen and Christina, the Christina I know and love would not take being hit even if is unintentional and everything. I'm thinking they break up. Are they even officially together? And then get back together. They will break up soon by the finale and probably get back in season 6. Even though I don't want that it will happen. I guess things were too good for them, they were committing to each other too soon I guess the whole "40 years" thing.

I need to hear what everyone else thinks about all of this. :S Especially Tayiljane

Thanks for bring over the spoilers, hbshopgirl. :)

Now I am getting the feeling as to the earlier spoiler about Mere needing "all her strength" to drag Derek back from this dark and twisty odyssey. I think is 5.17, Mere is going to accidentally find the ring. Now if we remember where Mere was left before the crossover - finding the rose petal under the pillow - the pensive look of WTF! :w00t: - the weird behaviour of Derek - "I am working, I have to work" when he was obviously leaving the hospital - then we had the disastrous crossover - Mere is more confused. The look on Mere's face in the promo pic of her with Derek in the meeting room is Mere with her I am hurt but I am putting on my "game face". Derek is very good at blaming others when he is down and I think that Mere is going to be wearing a lot of the blame for the number of "casualties" that Derek has had. I was hoping that it may have been that it was more that Derek would be "I am giving up because I failed you, I fail you every time" but I am thinking not - it has to Mere's fault - it is an sr rule :cursing: . He is the good guy for everyone bar Mere! :( I do hope I am so wrong here! :cry:
So Mere is going to be hurting - thinking who and what goes with the ring and the rose petal - not me obviously? And Derek is moving back to the trailer. Mere is going to be silent and confused and hurting like hell. And as well as this tiny bit of Mere most of 5.17 is going to be about Derek's story and Izzie. At the end of 5.17 we are going to see psycho Owen - reliving a war moment in a flashback and Cristina gets hurt.
5.18 - Derek is isolated and not talking to anyone but there will be several attempts by:
Lexie - going in to plead Mark's case - his change - his love - his remorse, his friendship, etc
Bailey - the Chief will send Bailey but she will be the one who will be focusing on how mistakes are part of learning, and the best but seemingly small good but lifesaving that comes out of lots of bad, etc.
And I am thinking George - to plead Izzie's case - can she be saved = plus Mere's champion to the end?
5.18 - Mere and Cristina are going to be hurting - their guys are weirdos. But, Cristina is going to tell Mere about the ring not knowing that Mere has seen it and has misinterpreted who and what. Mere will not have been expecting it was for her. Her every instinct is to run - years of no unconditional love and lots of bad stuff. But, she realises that she has this new strength to want this - Mere wants Derek - she wants babies - but she will need all of this strength to win him back from dark and twisty - but who knows dark and twisty better that Mere. Voila - 5.19 ( :arabia: optimistic hat back on here for a little minute - I am sure I will lose it quickly ;) ) Mere gets him back to the hospital for some surgery (? Izzie) and toward the end - proposes in the elevator.
I am hoping that the Mere/Derek spoiler about "it not going where we think" is for the next few episodes ie. 5.17 and 5.18.
HOWEVER (big sigh), I am not confident that this will be the outcome. sr is ruthless in destroying Mere and Derek. :cry: :cursing:

Cristina and Owen - Cristina is going to be mega thrown about Owen striking out and hurting her. I have the feeling she is going to confront him with needing counseling for his PTSD - he will be hesitant because he is not willing to admit to it. But, it will be a no option with Cristina.

I do think that sr is going to have to bring Denny back otherwise it makes no sense that he was there. The actor (and I have forgotten his initials again :blush: ) is playing possum. :whistle: And keeping his name sweet with sr. :sleep: >.< He is a villain in this movie and no Heath Ledger - so he needs all the friends he has got... including, gulp, sr! :scared:
Last edited by Taylijane on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:53 am

Did you see the promo picture for 5.18 ... It might look like Izzie on the table (with Cristina and Alex) :S :S :S

With regard to Denny (JDM), it seems like he has a tight schedule ... not sure he can come back this season.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:11 pm

md_em wrote:Did you see the promo picture for 5.18 ... It might look like Izzie on the table (with Cristina and Alex) :S :S :S

With regard to Denny (JDM), it seems like he has a tight schedule ... not sure he can come back this season.

Em, I think this is Kendall - the woman with the hernia - Cristina's first solo surgery. Alex must be assisting.

If Denny, does not come back - there is no closure to the Izzie/Denny storyline. Not the storyline made sense anyway but to have him just disappear because Izzie told him to go makes no sense. What am I saying - the whole thing makes no sense. :roll:
Makes me think that sr really panicked in 5.13 when she did the rewrite and refilm the end of the epi where Denny tells Izzie she is sick. It came so suddenly and was so unexpected. Now we are left with WTH happened to Denny? Is he a ghost or an hallucination or the angel of death?

Oh... why am I wasting brain cells on this - who cares what happened to Denny! :wacko: :sleep:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Taylijane wrote:Oh... why am I wasting brain cells on this - who cares what happened to Denny! :wacko: :sleep:

No one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:12 pm

From EW and the front page:
Lane's hilariously overbearing mom from Gilmore Girls is checking into Grey's Anatomy later this month. Emily Kuroda will play a patient in the March 19 episode.

Source: EW

Does she play Kendall? I thought that this was the patient for Cristina's solo surgery but isn't that now in 5.17? :S

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Taylijane wrote:From EW and the front page:
Lane's hilariously overbearing mom from Gilmore Girls is checking into Grey's Anatomy later this month. Emily Kuroda will play a patient in the March 19 episode.

Does she play Kendall? I thought that this was the patient for Cristina's solo surgery but isn't that now in 5.17? :S

http://spoilertv.iimmgg.com/image/97cfb ... c089a2fc60

Thats her on the table .
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Humbugged wrote:
Taylijane wrote:From EW and the front page:

http://spoilertv.iimmgg.com/image/97cfb ... c089a2fc60

Thats her on the table .

Humbugged, that is what is confusing me. Don't worry I am unconfused, I think. O.o I just had a look at abcmedianet and I am getting mixed up with the promo pics of 5.18 with Cristina and Alex operating on Kendall and the next episode 5.17 - for some reason I thought 5.17 was the episode with Cristina's solo surgery. I don't think I am confused any more. O.o

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 am

So what episode is Cristina's solo surgery?
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:18 am

hbshopgirl wrote:So what episode is Cristina's solo surgery?

hbshopgirl, 5.18. 19th March Episode - Stand by Me. :)

From Tv Guide:
After everyone else fails at the task, Meredith is charged with coaxing Derek back to work. Maybe she should threaten to take his Wii.

Source: TV Guide (Printed edition)

No Idea what the reference to Wii is. But, I think we gathered that it would be up to Meredith to get Derek back to work. I am just wondering how much damage has been done to the relationship. You would think that if there was an upcoming engagement, they would be promoting the life out of it. :S

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 am

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 am

md_em wrote:the promo and 1 sneak peek (both about Izzie):

promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6SNX6JoElU

sneak peek:
http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... -peek.html

Thanks Md_em. I think I can see where sr is going with this. The treatment for cancer is very difficult and it is not pleasant - so why go through this "torture"? Ask someone with cancer who has someone who cares about them, a family and a desire to live - they will tell you. Izzie probably thinks she does not have that. And in 5.18/5.19 and 5.20, we are going to see that she does and why she needs to give it a chance no matter what the "torture" - life is worth it! And there is hope in the worst types of cancer. Ask someone who has been there and survived - they will tell you it was worth it. Talk to someone who is dying and they will tell you they would try anything to turn back the clock to get it - that extra second - that extra word - that extra hug - that extra kiss - anything - to have time. I guess if anyone asked my advice about this - I would say "Be ready because death comes so quickly or unexpectedly we must be ready and comfortable to go because sometimes there is no chance - no last second, word, hug or kiss but if you have it, have the chance - you grab it." I also admire those who do decide to stop treatment because it is sometimes too hard and the chances are nil - that is not cowardly but brave. Izzie is not at the stage yet to say if there is no chance - it is her diagnosis and that of interns. You ask the best first before making that decision - it is too important - life is a gift.

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Humbugged wrote:Fro Crys at TWop

CTV Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=row27lnZ25Y

Thanks, Humbugged. Poor Cristina. She is no robot and it affects her being able to operate on her patient. :(

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Humbugged wrote:Fro Crys at TWop

CTV Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=row27lnZ25Y

Thanks Humbugged for this one :D

md_em
Star Billing

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers