What did you think of 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out?

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

What did you think of 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out?

Postby Taylijane on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Okay, Everyone,

Tell us what you think of episode 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out.
What is your rating - 1/5 stars or 5/5 stars?
Tell us the good, the bad and any ugly about the episode?

Those who ventured to read the summary of the entire episode - was it spot on?
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: What did you think of 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out?

Postby Leliforever on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Please everyone watching the show tonight give ur comments abt the mercer scenes...Cannot imagine time passing by at school with ancient Greek lessons when there is a new episode at home wauting for me!!! :cry:
Especially the scene with the crappy babies!!!(I'Ll turn on my pc before heading to school to read your thoughts!!! :PP :PP
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby riamcmahon on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:52 pm

i did not see it yet
riamcmahon
Viewer

Postby greymaters on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 am

:cry:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:55 am

The episode was very good but not as good as the last one. I'd give it about a 3.75/5. The MerDer stuff was the best and yes the "crappy babies" scene was the cutest of the show. I had to watch it several times and have a stupid grin on my face just thinking about it again. The scene where Mer says the first babies line, about "not as cute as our kids" was really good too. I think what was so good about them was that Mer was so casual about it without freaking out.

Bailey was awesome as always and the hugging scene with Dixon is pretty funny. Bailey is definitely going to be a peds surgeon. Maybe Alex will too and we'll get to see them work together on cases. I loved Bailey's idea that she came up with to help the little girl. I like Arizona but I just don't want another full time character to take up screen time that I'd rather see MerDer or the Fab 5 in.

Christina/Owen - a little too much on the Victorian romance side. At first it was really cute and sweet but then the more it went on the more I thought "ok, already". They also have Christina being all smiley around him and that just doesn't seem like Christina. I think if that would have been a little more subtle, less smiling it would have been ok.

Mark/Lexie, sigh...sorry I still don't get it. I think the problem is if they want me to be invested in this couple they need to show me something between them. Not just them talking about each other to someone else. The scene they do have where Lexie is telling Mark that she wants to go public was pretty good. They just need to have more scenes together for them to be established. When Mark is with Derek setting up the bedroom (which looked fabulous and I wish Der would have gone ahead and proposed like it was) and he's trying to be poetic somewhat about love it just was a little cheesy to me and then when Der said "you shouldn't talk like that" I thought Amen to that.

Izzie - at least NO DEAD DENNY! :w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup: I thought she and Alex had a couple of cute scenes but not much else going on with them.

The older couple that were trying different sexual things and got something stuck was kind of gross. I usually laugh at all the humor spots in the show but I just thought this was kind of tacky. Like something just thrown in there.

Callie/Arizona or Calzone. I just am not into this either. It is better than Callie with Sadie but it was too soon for the kiss. It seemed really rushed and like it would be the end of a first date type of kiss not a saw you in the bathroom and hey I'm interested thing.

Crossover - you know it just looks like the Addison show and I hope that's not the case. I'm already getting a little ticked off thinking we're losing MerDer time to have an Addison focused Grey's? We'll see.

Can I just say again..... IT WAS SO GOOD NOT TO SEE DEAD DENNY!

ETA: Donna, what 's wrong?
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 am

greymaters wrote::cry:

Yes, what's wrong ? :S

Didn't have time yet to watch it.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:55 am

md_em wrote:

Donna, Are you okay?

I agree with the :cry: if it is about the episode.
Hope it is not about you. :S

I hated it. 1.5/5 (And only because of the Mere and Derek and Mark and Lexie scenes otherwise it would get a 0/5. :censored:

The good:
The few Mere and Derek scenes - loved the crappy DNA scene amongst all the other cr@p.
I did like the Lexie and Mark scene, too. I can feel it and see it. And it was great that Mark is so smitten. I want to see him tell her how he feels.

The moderately good:
Bailey and Dixon and Bailey even though it was so contrived again.

The bad:
Jen was OTT - I could not live with that, pregnant or not.

The ugly:
Owen and Cristina - that was so pathetic. Gag - where is that vomit smilie when you need it.
Derek runs off at Addison's call and poor Mere comes home to a rose petal under her pillow. A "ROSE" petal!!! :cursing: :cursing: Could he not find another type of flower for goodness sake! :cursing:
That was sr at her punishment plan best! B!tch. I have the kangaroo bone, now, how do I find a Kadachi man when you need one - he is not listed in the yellow pages and he needs to be willing to travel. ;) :whistle:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Taili you're scaring me!!! :w00t:
I hope it's not such disappointment... :(
Unfortunately,still downloading!!!ahhhh!!! :cursing:
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Taylijane wrote:
md_em wrote:

Donna, Are you okay?

I agree with the :cry: if it is about the episode.
Hope it is not about you. :S

I hated it. 1.5/5 (And only because of the Mere and Derek and Mark and Lexie scenes otherwise it would get a 0/5. :censored:

The good:
The few Mere and Derek scenes - loved the crappy DNA scene amongst all the other cr@p.
I did like the Lexie and Mark scene, too. I can feel it and see it. And it was great that Mark is so smitten. I want to see him tell her how he feels.

The moderately good:
Bailey and Dixon and Bailey even though it was so contrived again.

The bad:
Jen was OTT - I could not live with that, pregnant or not.

The ugly:
Owen and Cristina - that was so pathetic. Gag - where is that vomit smilie when you need it.
Derek runs off at Addison's call and poor Mere comes home to a rose petal under her pillow. A "ROSE" petal!!! :cursing: :cursing: Could he not find another type of flower for goodness sake! :cursing:
That was sr at her punishment plan best! B!tch. I have the kangaroo bone, now, how do I find a Kadachi man when you need one - he is not listed in the yellow pages and he needs to be willing to travel. ;) :whistle:

Nothing wrong with me...it is that :cursing: sr! last night's eppi was just so weird..and after the 3 arc SK eppi s, (the best of Grey's in a long time), we get crappy :cursing:

Tayli, I agree with everthing that you said about the show last night, but you forgot to add...
In my world, Derek could have given Meredith a call to tell her where he went, and explain that Addison was on her way to Seatle with her brother. Poor Meredith, finding a rose petal in her and Dereks bed, she knows darn well, that he was hiding something from her all day...are we to assume that Meredith thinks he is cheating? STUPID!!!

my rating for the eppi 1/5

And speaking of Addison :cursing: Linda,I do think, now, we are in for the 2 hr Addison show... :cursing: Like I said before, if I wanted to watch Prp, I would, but I don't. sr did manipulate me... :cursing:

I sat threw prp, MISTAKE! Nothing more then "Derek I need you" as far as crossover goes :cursing: Then we get a promo, Addison kissing Derek! :cursing:
I am done crying, now I am just angry.
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Oh how I love the Derek, Meredith, and Addison irony! Just when they are getting close Addison interrupts. I pretty much agree with everyone about MerDer moments.
But I really liked their moments. I love how the chief is all happy for Derek and Meredith, he is like a happy dad and his daughter is getting engaged. He is also like a dad to Derek. It was cute. Even though he cares about Addison he cares about MerDer too.
I am so mad about Owen and Christina! Okay the first scene was hot but then the piano stuff was really bad. I think if the music wasn't there it wouldn't be bad, it would be nice but no. I loved them since the beginning on the season how original they were but now they are just so melodramatic and soapy now! :( They are the only thing keeping this show from losing all viewers and then they go and pull this. They were what kept me watching!

I liked Izzie in this episode. I liked the cafeteria scene. I loved how the talked about that crazy move George and Izzie did like number 15 and everyone had this weird look on their face because Gizze was so bad. And I loved Alex's face too. I loved how Alex and Izzie leave to go try a move. That scene did remind me of season 2. Alex and Izzie were the ones who always had sex at the hospital.

Bailey and Dixon and Cristina's hug scene was really odd. I loved Cristina's face through it all though. But I guess it helped Christina help Owen so its not that bad. Wow Owen is really messed up. But I loved that scene where hes asleep on christina. He reminded me of a big baby when he was on her.

I am really happy that Meredith and Christina are friends again. I like that they can just move on and everything is fine. I'm surprised she told Meredith about Owen though. Christina is very private.

Gosh Arizona is so happy go lucky. Shes smiling at the bar at no one and then after she kisses Callie. I don't know how I feel about her and Callie. I don't not like it but i feel it's a little rushed.

Overall it was not as good as last week. This one was a lot more lighthearted and last weeks ending so good and sad. I would give it a 2\5 maybe. I am not good at grading episodes.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Humbugged on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 am

Loved the lunch scene .
Lexie warning of the dangers of #16 .Seeing to look on Mers face and running off . Cris telling Mer about ellis
Mother and sister sex lives too much info for her
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby mia on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:49 am

hbshopgirl wrote: I loved how Alex and Izzie leave to go try a move. That scene did remind me of season 2. Alex and Izzie were the ones who always had sex at the hospital.

Urgh that part wasn't uploaded onto youtube.
I bet it was cute too lol :wub:

I'm loving Mark and Lexie.
mia
Viewer

Postby McSunny on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:11 am

hbshopgirl wrote:
I am really happy that Meredith and Christina are friends again. I like that they can just move on and everything is fine. I'm surprised she told Meredith about Owen though. Christina is very private.

Gosh Arizona is so happy go lucky. Shes smiling at the bar at no one and then after she kisses Callie. I don't know how I feel about her and Callie. I don't not like it but i feel it's a little rushed.

Mer knew something was going on with Owen/Chris from the first. In the SP when Owen showed back up and Chris grabbed Mer and ran down the hall she told Mer that Hunt kissed her. I think she's known something is going on between them since then.

I agree about Calzone. I'm not against them but it was just too fast to be kissing.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:05 am

Finally I manage to see it. I'm not sure what I should think of this episode. Not as good as the tree last ones but not too bad. The Owina thing remains weird O.o :huh: . I guess it was make as a joke but still really strange when we have to see them with this victorian music.
I like the fact that the relationship between Mer and Chris is going better.
I love the MerDer scenes (not so many of them but still better than the beginning of the season). I just hope she will not have to wonder what's happening with Der too long :cursing: .
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 am

md_em wrote:Finally I manage to see it. I'm not sure what I should think of this episode. Not as good as the tree last ones but not too bad. The Owina thing remains weird O.o :huh: . I guess it was make as a joke but still really strange when we have to see them with this victorian music.
I like the fact that the relationship between Mer and Chris is going better.
I love the MerDer scenes (not so many of them but still better than the beginning of the season). I just hope she will not have to wonder what's happening with Der too long :cursing: .

I managed to watch it too! I'll give it a 5/5 just for the merder scenes and a 1/5 for the rest of the episode!
Merder: although it was not too much of them, I loved them!!! When mer said not as cute as ours did you see derek's face???he was so relieved and happy and proud of Meredith !!! :wub: :wub: :wub: ( At some point he looked just like the other shephard,didn't he??? :P )I am glad the proposal didn't happenike that because mer would have hated that!( although I loved the room!!!-mark knows better!!!) but I'm warning you shonda! Do not ruin this! Do not make mer think that he is cheating on her-it's meaningless!!! :x
From the episode I also liked the slexie and the pregnant woman (tell that both she and the baby don't die!!! :cry: )
Owen christina: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I could not stop laughing!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: what the hell was that about??? :rofl:
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers