What did you think of 5.15 - Before and After

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

What did you think of 5.15 - Before and After

Postby md_em on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Tayli, you're doing the threads better than me but as I didn't see this thread I thought that maybe you were busy.
So we are waiting here for your comments (I guess for GA and PrP as we have to watch both) ...
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: What did you think of 5.15 - Before and After

Postby Leliforever on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:32 pm

Yes please...everyone watching the show tonight please tell us ,especially about the Merder scenes (if there are any of them and it's not just an Addison-Derek episode! :sneaky: )
I'll visit tomorrow , first thing in the morning to read your thoughts!!! :D
For now, good night from Greece! :PP
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:35 pm

md_em wrote:Tayli, you're doing the threads better than me but as I didn't see this thread I thought that maybe you were busy.
So we are waiting here for your comments (I guess for GA and PrP as we have to watch both) ...

Thanks Em, appreciate you starting this thread. Looking forward to reading everyone's comments on the episode and if you all feel it is necessary to download PrP. I am really not interested in watching the Addison Show even if there is some GA on it - her presence on GA will be more than enough, me thinks. Just let me know if there is any significant Mere and Derek, please.
I'm off to work. :roll:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:51 pm

I will do my best, to report back to you girls. I warn you though, It will be very late before I can, because Prp gets over at 11:00 pm here...I hope I don't fall asleep during PrP, and miss something important :sneaky: :P (holding on tight, for my ride on the Addison Show) :P
Edited to Add:
It was the Addison show for real...2 hours of a lot of Addison and Derek, Addison and Naomi, Addison and Mark, Addison, Naomi, Derek, Sam at Joe's, Addison with Alex

I kept thinking where the heck was Meredith?!
she was only in short scenes
.....assisting Derek in surgery with Archer
....and one she was doubting that she even knew derek She was talking to Cristina..30 sec scene :roll:

Meredith and Derek, No, not one scene with any communication between them. No real movement with Mark and Lexie. Bailey had some okay scenes, Izzie's game was really fun to watch..

There was no kiss between Addison and Derek

Derek and Addison disagreed most of the 2 hrs and bickered back and forth about medical cases, their marriage, a Thanksgiving holiday dinner and how his mother hated her Like I care :roll: Addison just go home and stay there!
Sorry to Addison fans, I just don't care for her anymore...I hate that the crossover is being rammed down our throats, I know I could turn off my TV, and not watch...but I love Grey's. Night all, I am really tired...I
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 am

I knew Sadie wasn't a real doctor! I knew from her first episode it was sooo obvious. She didn't know anything.
More on the episode tomorrow I am really tired
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby md_em on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:54 am

Donna thanks for the info. I like KW as an actress, but thanks god ... why does it have to be Addison and only her. I don't know what is Shonda problem with Mer and Der.

You have to tell us about Sadie not being a real doctor !!!

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:54 am

Do I have to watch PrP or can someone just tell me the GA bit, Please! :S :cry:
I am so sick of Addison. And, Derek - ignoring the existence of Meredith.
Have I mentioned in the last 24 hours that I have this crossover? :x
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Mecomelately on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Greymaters, thanks for the excellent summary! :D I'm so glad this was the first place I came to look for a summary of last night's episode.

I agree with you Tali, can't stand they are shoving Addie down our throats. :cursing:
Mecomelately
Viewer

Postby Taylijane on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:54 pm

greymaters wrote:I will do my best, to report back to you girls. I warn you though, It will be very late before I can, because Prp gets over at 11:00 pm here...I hope I don't fall asleep during PrP, and miss something important :sneaky: :P (holding on tight, for my ride on the Addison Show) :P
Edited to Add:
It was the Addison show for real...2 hours of a lot of Addison and Derek, Addison and Naomi, Addison and Mark, Addison, Naomi, Derek, Sam at Joe's, Addison with Alex

I kept thinking where the heck was Meredith?!
she was only in short scenes
.....assisting Derek in surgery with Archer
....and one she was doubting that she even knew derek She was talking to Cristina..30 sec scene :roll:

Meredith and Derek, No, not one scene with any communication between them. No real movement with Mark and Lexie. Bailey had some okay scenes, Izzie's game was really fun to watch..

There was no kiss between Addison and Derek

Derek and Addison disagreed most of the 2 hrs and bickered back and forth about medical cases, their marriage, a Thanksgiving holiday dinner and how his mother hated her Like I care :roll: Addison just go home and stay there!
Sorry to Addison fans, I just don't care for her anymore...I hate that the crossover is being rammed down our throats, I know I could turn off my TV, and not watch...but I love Grey's. Night all, I am really tired...I

Excuse me (and I have not watched PrP to see this footage) but what was the exchange between Derek and Addison in the Xmas episode S2 - Addison or Derek say something about Derek's mother loving Addison - they were talking about buying presents or something in the corridor at SGH. Crackpots with crayons - they do not even research their own material properly. If they had of said something about Derek's mother loving Addison but just not for her son or something - we could have had some consistency.

And is anyone else finding Jen a total pain? Is it the actress (never seen her before) or the character?

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Mecomelately on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Just a quick note before going to work...

Have your read EW's review of last nights episode? How Addison makes Grey's? Yeah, like that's going to make Ellen Pompeo and the rest of the cast feel good.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/comments/0 ... 61,00.html
Mecomelately
Viewer

Postby Leliforever on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Taylijane wrote:Do I have to watch PrP or can someone just tell me the GA bit, Please! :S :cry:
I am so sick of Addison. And, Derek - ignoring the existence of Meredith.
Have I mentioned in the last 24 hours that I have this crossover? :x

I'm with yoy Taili...Do I have to download PrP as well??? :S Don't want to watch it if there isn't anything worth watching... ¬¬ Still downloading GA but I'm not that excited aboout the episode... ¬¬ ¬¬ ¬¬

Taili,I think you haven't said in more than 24 hours that you hate the crossover event... :PP :PP :PP
You're not the only one... :PP :PP :PP
I wonder if Shonda reads people's thoughts because she would notice that almost everyone hates it!!! :x :x :x
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Well I got to see the GA episode (have to wait before downloading PrP and see it). Well I'm very sad that Mer has not more place in it. I'm sure it could have been great. Der should have told his friends about Mer at the end. Yes you can (you should) remember your past but you can also give some place to the new persons of your life.

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:00 pm

md_em wrote:Well I got to see the GA episode (have to wait before downloading PrP and see it). Well I'm very sad that Mer has not more place in it. I'm sure it could have been great. Der should have told his friends about Mer at the end. Yes you can (you should) remember your past but you can also give some place to the new persons of your life.

Em,what do you mean "tell his friends about Mer"??? :unsure: Haven't seen the episode yet as i said...
I hope he's not completely ignoring Mer in that episode :thumbsdown: Why did Addison react about the proposal?Did he tell her himself??? :huh:
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:36 pm

md_em wrote:Donna thanks for the info. I like KW as an actress, but thanks god ... why does it have to be Addison and only her. I don't know what is Shonda problem with Mer and Der.

You have to tell us about Sadie not being a real doctor !!!

Sadie cheated through medical school, she knew nothing about medical stuff, she failed Izzie's game miserably, George tried to tell her he would help her learn. she said no...basically

:cursing: Then, just before she leaves,she has a short talk with Meredith..Sadie wants Meredith to leave with her, to tour Europe (sleeping their way through Europe) as Sadie said. and here is the part that **** me off. :cursing: Meredith said no, I love my job! Ummm never NEVER mentioned loving Derek as reason, Never mentioning Derek at all :cursing: Then Sadie walks out of the Hosp.

I am hoping to read some of the others thoughts on last night.
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm

McMorning/ McEvening

First, I'm so sorry I didn't get on here to give you a review last night. I watched GA then PrP and right after PrP I fell asleep and slept all night! Sorry.

I thought it was semi ok/terrible. That means that for the crossover EVENT, which I expected it to be the Addison show, that part was semi ok but at the same time I didn't care for it. I know that makes no sense but that's how I felt. :lol: NO MerDer and only one little scene with Mer and Archer and the gang which I hated because they were inappropriate in front of Mer. Singing that stupid song that Der wrote for Addison and Der's wedding. I don't want to here about that crap. Way too much about Addison/Derek marriage. I was SICK, SICK, SICK of that and resentful by then end of the shows.

About Derek's Mom loving Addie or not. I took the whole thing as Derek told Addison all those years that his mom loved her and when he finally admits she hated Addie it meant he lied about to make Addie feel better.

I really wanted to smack Mark. I like Mark but all this him spilling the news about the proposal is hacking me off! It's not his news to tell and if he's not man enough to tell Der about him and Lexie then that's his problem but he shouldn't use the news about the proposal as diversion talk. I'm really mad at sr for making Mer the last person to find out. It sure as heck wasn't the people at PrP's business UNLESS Der wanted to tell them himself.

The more I type the more **** I get at the whole show! Right now I think it sucked! I guess the only reason I had a semi ok reaction last night was because I watch PrP so I just watched it kind like that. In the context of it being a GA epi then it stunk. :thumbsdown:

Sadie - MG acted like there was some cool exit for Sadie and I didn't think it was anything especially cool. We all knew she would either get kicked out or quit. I did like the Sadie/Mer scene when Mer said "I WANT to be here". She cheated her way through medical school and thought she would get to the hospital and Mer would pull her through her internship.

A BIG annoyance to me was that they kept using the MerDer music throughout the show like with Jen ect. That music is for MerDer big moments and I don't know why they were using it then. Made no sense to me. Just made me mad.

Bailey's scenes were all good and she really seemed more like the old Bailey. I enjoyed that.

I thought maybe Derek's DARK times would be kind of interesting and after watching the previews for next week I don't know. It is not going to be fun to watch if they are just going to make Derek turn into an ass, which is kind of what it looked like.

Owen/Christina scenes were interesting and so was the fiance but everything just seemed overshadowed by the Addison show.

I think I just figured out why I semi-liked some of it. Because even though it was heavy Addison it was also a whole bunch of Derek and I liked seeing Der that much. I can't remember which scene it was but I just remember once thinking that PD was really coming off strong in his scenes. I mean that totally in a good way. I felt bad for him because he was NOT enjoying all the old marriage talk at the bar. I wish he would have said something like "Well, let's talk about your wedding Sam/Naomi!".

More later, I've just worked myself up so I'm going to stop for awhile.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers