Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:47 pm

From the front page - Casting Call for Episode 5.19
Episode Title:Elevator Love Letter
Proposed Airdate: 26th March 09

[TOBIN] Caucasian, 50s, professional, family member of a patient in the hospital...GUEST STAR

[JACKIE] Caucasian, 40s, professional, family member of a patient in the hospital...GUEST STAR

[LUKE] Caucasian, 50s, professional, family member of a patient in the hospital...CO-STAR

[JEAN] Caucasian, late 80s to early 90s, patient at the hospital.sptv050769..CO-STAR

Source: SpoilerTV

Lyrics to Elevator Love Letter:
I'm so hard for a rich girl.
My heels are high, my eyes cast low
and I don't know how to love.
I get too tired after mid-day, lately
I take it out on my good friends,
but the worst stays in or where would I begin?

My office glows all night long.
It's a nuclear show and the stars are gone.
Elevator, elevator, take me home.

I'm so hot for the rich girl,
Her heels so high and my hopes so low,
'Cause I don't know how to love.
I'll take her home after midnight
and if she likes, I'll tell her lies
of how we'll be in love by the morning.
I don't think she'll know that I'm saying goodbye...

My office glows all night long
It's a nuclear show and the stars are gone.
Elevator, elevator, take me home.
[x2]

Don't go. Say you'll stay.
Spend a lazy Sunday in my arms,
I won't take anything away.

Don't go. Say you'll stay.
Spend a lazy Sunday in my arms,
don't take anything away

The elevator plays a big role in Meredith and Derek's relationship. If they have hit a bad patch again with dark and twisty Derek - could the elevator have something to do with bringing them back together?
OR
Could this be where Derek proposes? The elevator?
Last edited by Taylijane on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Postby greymaters on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Tayli said
Could this be where Derek proposes? The elevator?

As soon as I saw the title, I thought the same thing! :D But...I hope we are wrong, cause the air date is a too long away for me. ;)
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Yes, the elevator has a lot to do with Mer and Der. Hope it will be the case, and please ... we need funny moments :haha:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:43 pm

OMG!An elevator proposal...So romantic... :wub: :wub: :wub:
Definately better than Joe's bar! :sneaky:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:12 am

An elevator proposal is kinda crazy. I'd like it at Joe's.
So this is a march sweeps episode? Hmm
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Mecomelately on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:51 am

I'd love for his proposal to be on a ferry boat (heck I'd even watch the episode-live). :)
Mecomelately
Viewer

Postby xlilevax on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:17 am

I know that in the previous episode, where Derek was with a pregnant patient, she said that she was proposed at the grocery store where she first met her husband. I think Derek might take this into consideration and propose to Meredith possibly at Seattle Grace maybe, or at Joes...cuz that was where they met!! (recap to pilot season 1, they met at Joes and slept at Meredith's)....hmmm :P
xlilevax
Viewer

Postby Taylijane on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks to Crys at TWoP:
Sides summary for episode 5.19 "Elevator Love Letter"

Jean – 93 year old woman lying in bed, opens her eyes. Dr. Smith smiles, tells Jean she’s a fighter and that her family was asked to stay out of her room so as to give her some time to rest. Jean doesn’t want that and explains that her family is impatient. It’s been a long time but they always come. They are her people and people keep you going. People are better than no people. Jean closes her eyes taking in big breaths.

Jean’s family: niece Jackie (40’s), nephews Tobin and Luke (both in their 50’s). They are all siblings.

Jackie - Jean is unconscious, surrounded by her family as Dr. Smith enters and informs them that their aunt hasn’t made a strong recovery. Jackie asks about a new heart medicine saying that the last time Jean was in the hospital the doctor gave her that and she stabilized. Dr. Smith says they tried that last night but it didn’t do much and that it’s probably time to say good-bye. Tobin asks if it’s time to say good-bye now or some time in the next 24 hours because he has a flight out in the morning and if he waits too long he can’t change it. Jackie says she knows they must seem like vultures but they’re not. Tobin says that Aunt Jean was given a month to live 3 years ago and they were crushed. Jackie explains that Jean is in and out of the hospital once a month and everytime they jump on a plane, sit by the bed, say their good-byes but each time she gets better. Tobin says they really do want to be there when she dies and Jackie says Jean’s ready, they’re all ready and that it is time. The doctors are still a little horrified.

Tobin - Jean is unconscious, surrounded by her family as Dr. Smith enters, informs them that there’s nothing more that can be done for Jean and that it’s probably time for them to say their good-byes. Tobin asks if Dr. Smith means now or some time in the next 24 hours. Dr. Smith says it’s hard to predict but 24 hours is unlikely. Tobin asks if Dr. Smith is sure because he has a flight in the morning and if he waits past noon, he can’t change it. Doctors have surprised looks. Jackie says that they’re not evil people waiting for her to die. Tobin says that Jean was given a month to live 3 years ago and they were crushed because Jean loved them more than their own mother. They held her hand at bedside for weeks, said their good-byes and then she stabilized. Jackie says Jean is in and out of the hospital once a month while Tobin says they want to be there when Jean goes but it’s a lot of flying around the country. Jackis says Jean’s ready, they’re ready, it’s time.

Luke – Same as the other sides. Dr. Smith says there’s nothing more the doctors can do and it’s time for the family to say good-bye to Jean. Tobin asks if they say good-bye now or some time today because he has a flight out tomorrow and if he waits past noon he can’t change it. Luke says he actually has to be on a plane tonight because he has a board meeting tomorrow. He asks (in a hopeful way) if Dr. Smith thinks she’ll die before tomorrow. Doctors looked surprised. Tobin explains that they've been through this for the past 3 years, Luke says they really want to be there, Tobin says everyone is ready and it’s time and Luke adds that he has a big board meeting tomorrow. The doctors try to understand but are a little horrified.

Will have to take some time to look at this to see a theme. Not enough of the doctors to decide who it could be. Cardiac - could be Cristina? The family are all busy professionals who have been called to Jean's bedside many times it would seem - but they do appear to have feeling for her and do care about her enough to come each time and want to be there when she does go. I can understand their frustration/dilemma. It is hard to predict when someone is going to die. I get asked it at least once a month. :( The answer never gets easier. :cry:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:04 am

Thanks Tayli for the sides: you find the info so quickly. You're such a good spoiler girl :thumbup:

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:26 am

md_em wrote:Thanks Tayli for the sides: you find the info so quickly. You're such a good spoiler girl :thumbup:

Thank you, Em. :blush:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 am

Another side for 5.19 has been released (Thanks to Crys at TWoP):
There was a side for episode 5.19 released. Nothing special but it's for a 'Medic'. Basically, the scene takes place on the roof of SGH. Dr. Smith runs to the helicopter to help the medics as they pull the patient off. The medic tells Dr. Smith they did all they could but the patient died en route.

I wonder what role the "Medic" has? He must have some extended role. Please tell me sr is not going for another disaster outside the hospital that puts one of the loved ones at risk? Is Lexie due for a scare? It may prompt the wedding. We have had ferries, train crashes; what next? The crossover did nothing for GA, could we be getting desperate for ratings for GA, too? :hmm: CSI is consolidating its position which was in question when Grissom left. :S

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Indeed, strange this casting side just for a medic ...
Tayli, do you have some info about the rating of this Thursday night ?

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:59 pm

md_em wrote:Indeed, strange this casting side just for a medic ...
Tayli, do you have some info about the rating of this Thursday night ?

Em, From what I have read GA stayed about the same coming second as usual to CSI but there was an increase in viewers to PrP. PrP was after all a continuation of GA - a two part GA. :roll: :bored: I cannot imagine that viewers will stay watching PrP just because of what they saw of PrP during the crossover. Maybe sr should have concentrated on the PrP part of episode instead of the Addison Show so that it did fascinate the viewers enough to stay tuned to that show. Instead sr focused on Addison at SGH instead of Addison at PrP. Big Mistake, sr, BIG mistake(to quote Izzie :P )

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:27 pm

It has to be the proposal episode... :roll: :roll: :roll:Please let it be...
It's unbelievable because in other tv series they get married and have babies without even having had any love scenes (I don't know if any of you watched Prison Break-Sara is pregnant! :wub: ) and we have here the most romantic couple that cannot even get it's proposal! :x :x :x Unbelievably...

Anyway.from the titles and the news about Derek's "dark and twist" behaviour,I think that next episode ends with Mer at Christina's house but then 5x18 Stand by me ends somehow with Derek and Meredith back togother...Mer must be standing by her fiance's side (even without a proposal,from now on I'm calling him her FIANCE! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: ) and they make up...And then,5x19, is definately the proposal (at least I hope it is!)...My best friend is really excited about an elevator proposal...She hated the whole romantic-rose-candle thing Mark suggested (although it was sweet and romantic I have to admit myself that it was not the McProposal I would like to see... :wub: :wub: :wub: )

Maybe we shopuld start a thread where each one posts her ideal Merder proposal... :PP :PP :PP I'm totally crazy... :roll: :roll: :roll:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby greysoffice on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:47 am

is this the 100th episode?

if it is, i guarantee you this is the proposal episode. although i totally think meredith is going to propose to derek before he proposes to her :thumbsup:

i totally think the proposal is going down on the 100th episode. i think that would be great.
greysoffice
Viewer

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers