Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:26 am

ozumablank wrote:The Owen/Cristina moments were sublime I loved everything about the scene both the good and the bad bits but especially the good bits. These two are far more in love than any other pairng on the show including merder who have pretty much horded the screen for far too long. I like at the moment that there are multiple couples - izzie/alex, mark/lexie owen/cristina and its not just merder all the time.

What happened with Owen wasnt just a random occurence it was triggered by the fan when he was watching it before he fell asleep. If any of you are knowledgable in psychology you may have heard of this before. Its called EMDR (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. Basically it happens where you have somebody with a traumatic past and when they follow an objects movement with their eyes from about 15-30 seconds it stymulates the brain to reprocess traumatic memories and causes them to resurface. you can check all this on Wikipedia.

In psychology EMDR is commonly used by psychologists to treat their clients and has proved rather effective in particular PSTD.

Ozumblank, Thanks for the information on EMDR - very interesting. I do however have to disagree on one point you make. I do think that Meredith and Derek are promoted to be THE pairing on GA and they deserve to be. They are the centre of the series whether we support them as a couple or not. I do disagree with your statement that they "have pretty much horded the screen for far too long". They have had very little screen time for many seasons now. What I think is frustrating is that they have been put togther and pulled apart so many times by the most ridiculous plot devices that fans have grown tired of their romance - you can't ship what does not exist. sr has all be destroyed their essence. The diehards are just hanging in there, too. Rather than them having "horded the screen for far too long' - sr has tried the fan's patience for far too long. What I think we all have to agree on is that GA is about Meredith and Derek and all other characters are secondary. Take Meredith and Derek away and there is no GA. Particularly if PD and EP left - that would spell the end of GA, IMO. I do not mean to demean the other couplings - they have an important role in the series. But Grey's Anatomy is centred around Meredith Grey - not Cristina or Izzie or Lexie.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby hbshopgirl on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:49 am

The more I watch the scene, the more I realize it isn't as bad as a thought. It shows how much Christina loves him, I mean she never hugs anyone but she gave him a huge hug in front of Mere and Callie. She was more worried about him then herself. She knew he would be really upset. That is love! So I guess by the end of the episode they break up? Maybe Mere pushes her to let him get better on his own or Callie? They won't get why she is sticking with him after this. They have never seen him with his PTSD attacks. It seems like Christina is sticking for good. Or Owen tells her he needs to get help and right now he can't be with her because he doesn't want to hurt her again, loves her too much.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:49 am

hbshopgirl wrote:The more I watch the scene, the more I realize it isn't as bad as a thought. It shows how much Christina loves him, I mean she never hugs anyone but she gave him a huge hug in front of Mere and Callie. She was more worried about him then herself. She knew he would be really upset. That is love! So I guess by the end of the episode they break up? Maybe Mere pushes her to let him get better on his own or Callie? They won't get why she is sticking with him after this. They have never seen him with his PTSD attacks. It seems like Christina is sticking for good. Or Owen tells her he needs to get help and right now he can't be with her because he doesn't want to hurt her again, loves her too much.

But someone must tell Derek - do you think it maybe Cristina or Cristina tells Meredith that he has been having flashbacks and she tells Derek then Derek seeks him out and offers his help? Or does Cristina approach Derek herself? That would be a first for Cristina and really shows how much she loves him. :hmm:

PS I can't watch the strangling again - just the after Mere arrives. Then the way Cristina tries to calm Owen is heartwrenching. I am hoping she does not pull away from him but pushes him to get help. I can understand her immediate fear but hopefully she will understand it is only his illness and he needs her support to get over this. I will be very disappointed if they break up over this. :(
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:21 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I just deleted what I was saying... Yeah I want to give him a chance, believe me I do, I have always been for this pairing. One thing though, if you were Callie wouldn't you call the police. I know he is a colleague and your boss and you have come to really respect him but that doesn't matter when he is attacking your friend. I am glad she didn't of course but she didn't know it was unintentional when she walked in.

About MerDer we will get our proposal soon. But it was wrong for him to just hand her the ring and not say anything after what he did with the ring.

hbshopgirsl, I don't think I would have called the police. I really agree with Tayli and Donna. Psychological disorder have to be considered as disease because they are diseases (should I say that my father is a shrink). And Tayli, you're right about what should be Christina reaction? Hope she will do that, and I'm sure she can support Owen in going to see a shrink.

With regard to MerDer, I really hope for a nice engagement (tired of sr punishment plan :mad: ) ... and quite sad about Ausellio news saying that we will not get a MerDer wedding :cry: :cry:

Btw I really liked the different sneak peeks.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:28 am

Thank you God!Thank you!
In that way...I love that we have 2 proposals...Although this isn't a proposal...It's like giving her a ring ike a present.I like that Mer says "Not like this" because it means that she WANTS him to propose and she will say "yes" without delay!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: OMG!Cannot wait for tomorrow to download this awesome episode!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

OMG!Owentina is really growing on me... :wub: :wub: It is so sweet that she hugs him after he...well,tries to kill her.I agree,it's not that cruel as I thought when I first saw the clip.It shows how Christina is connected to him.I cannot imagine why she accepts to break up with him.(Owen will probably ask her to break up not to hurt her!)
Is it just me or you too find it strage that they sleep in the same bed like a normal couple and nothing physical has happened between them??? :huh:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:44 am

Leliforever wrote:Thank you God!Thank you!
In that way...I love that we have 2 proposals...Although this isn't a proposal...It's like giving her a ring ike a present.I like that Mer says "Not like this" because it means that she WANTS him to propose and she will say "yes" without delay!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: OMG!Cannot wait for tomorrow to download this awesome episode!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

OMG!Owentina is really growing on me... :wub: :wub: It is so sweet that she hugs him after he...well,tries to kill her.I agree,it's not that cruel as I thought when I first saw the clip.It shows how Christina is connected to him.I cannot imagine why she accepts to break up with him.(Owen will probably ask her to break up not to hurt her!)
Is it just me or you too find it strage that they sleep in the same bed like a normal couple and nothing physical has happened between them??? :huh:

I think this where the talk of Meredith having strength is coming from. She has grown so much that she sees that by falling in with Derek in 5.18 where he asks if she would still love him if he was not a surgeon and by then knowing about how to get him back to work and ignoring the "pathetic proposal" to make sure he is focused - she is risking that he does not "walk out on her" over this. She is willing to risk her happiness to ensure his long-term happiness. Could anyone see Derek happy doing anything else in the long run?

And I am not a great Cristina fan - ever since Burke days - SO and IW conniving to work on "chemistry" so they could top PD and EP turned me off them both (BTW, it did not work for me - I found them creepy). Interesting how what the actors do influences their screen image with me. But, I do feel for both Owen and Cristina in this - I just hope sr handles this in a realistic fashion for two professional people who must have gained some intelligence in their fields to get to where they are. I am very tired of sr portraying professional people as morons who cannot learn and keep repeating the mistakes time and time again.

I am holding out for romantic proposal in the elevator after we see Mere softened up by Richard. All the spoilers are saying so but I have no faith that sr will deliver until I actually see it on the screen. :whistle:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 am

Do you still think that after the promo the "You just have to say yes" is headed to Mer? :hmm: Maybe it's not part of the proposal at all!maybe it's part of the Owen/Derek conversation where Derek offers him treatment ... :hmm:

taili,are you going to download today's episode?
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Taylijane wrote:
Leliforever wrote:Thank you God!Thank you!

I think this where the talk of Meredith having strength is coming from. She has grown so much that she sees that by falling in with Derek in 5.18 where he asks if she would still love him if he was not a surgeon and by then knowing about how to get him back to work and ignoring the "pathetic proposal" to make sure he is focused - she is risking that he does not "walk out on her" over this. She is willing to risk her happiness to ensure his long-term happiness. Could anyone see Derek happy doing anything else in the long run?

I am holding out for romantic proposal in the elevator after we see Mere softened up by Richard. All the spoilers are saying so but I have no faith that sr will deliver until I actually see it on the screen. :whistle:

I really like Mer ... I think she's becoming greater and greater. This is my girl ... don't understand why so many people don't like this character (she had so many reasons to be dark and twisty)

I like Christina a lot as well but not as much as Mer thought :PP

Yes Tayli, are you going to download this epi ?
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 am

Leliforever wrote:Do you still think that after the promo the "You just have to say yes" is headed to Mer? :hmm: Maybe it's not part of the proposal at all!maybe it's part of the Owen/Derek conversation where Derek offers him treatment ... :hmm:

taili,are you going to download today's episode?

Not so sure yet on both questions, Leli. "You just have to say yes" is not in the kitchen pathetic proposal dialogue so it could relate to the elevator proposal scene (some hope still exists) but it could relate to a question to Izzie about her surgery or Owen.

And I will see after you all report back your thoughts on the episode. I hate being such a sook but I would hate for Mere to get a less than great proposal or for Derek to walk away from her again as punishment because she said she could not love him if he were not a surgeon. I am hopeful he will come to understand why Mere did what she did. :huh:

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 am

Well,I've never wanted to see an episode so much,with such anticipation in my entire life! :wub:
Even if I hadn't watched GA for a year I would download the episode...Youtube is awesome but (in my opinion) it's better to watch the whole episode and get ...emotionally ready,you know,for the best scene ever to come rather that watch it just like this ...
I will read your thoughts as well tomorrow but I will not read the excact dialogue!I want it to be a surprise! :wub: I want to hear what Derek says from his mouth...
which of course will be very difficult to resist when I enter first thing in the morning your reviews!I think I can do that! :roll:
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:24 pm

from Pixels at TWoP

another KMcK interview

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... 5&src=news
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby sdcsi on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 pm

From what KM has said in interviews, they must take time apart after this incident so that he can get help. At the very least, they won't be able to sleep (and I mean actual sleep! lol) together until he's better. This separation might tie into the speculation of the leap in time between eps. Owen will have had time to get treatment and be well on the way to recovery before the end of the season. I just hope sr doesn't pull the same on again/off again crap with these two as she did with Meredith and Derek.
sdcsi
Viewer

Postby greymaters on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 am

Hi all,

My hope for tonight in regards to a proposal is Derek has to beg Meredith to marry him, but in Shondaland who knows what we are going to get. I am also wondering if the ends will justify the means, having the ring on Merediths finger. It never does in Shondaland you know. So prepare yourselves...

Now I can say, I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT TONIGHT'S EPPI!!!!!
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Mecomelately on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 am

Wow, that was the most unromantic marriage proposal I've ever watched. I get that the writer wanted it in the elevator, but really, all those x-ray scans? Overkill, just like the candle scene in finale 4. What little I read of the blog Shonda did not want to go into icky sentimental crap. OK, but isn't the goal of a hit television show to bring in viewers, not push them away with these "oh so obvious" unwillingness to show a normal couple celebrating a happy occasion? And it's also pathetic that C/O get more "sex" time than M/D, even if it does involve a strangulation scene at the beginning of the show. And I caught all this by simply flipping back and forth watching another show...

No wonder TV Guide and other news media isn't promoting this show. It's DOA... :thumbsdown:
Mecomelately
Viewer

Postby greymaters on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 am

Mecomelately wrote:Wow, that was the most unromantic marriage proposal I've ever watched. I get that the writer wanted it in the elevator, but really, all those x-ray scans? Overkill, just like the candle scene in finale 4. What little I read of the blog Shonda did not want to go into icky sentimental crap. OK, but isn't the goal of a hit television show to bring in viewers, not push them away with these "oh so obvious" unwillingness to show a normal couple celebrating a happy occasion? And it's also pathetic that C/O get more "sex" time than M/D, even if it does involve a strangulation scene at the beginning of the show. And I caught all this by simply flipping back and forth watching another show...

No wonder TV Guide and other news media isn't promoting this show. It's DOA... :thumbsdown:

:hmm: I loved the episode, maybe you should just not watch again. I say this with all respect for your opinion..
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers