Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Humbugged on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:02 am

ETA: Is this promo slightly longer or does it have a few extra scenes and some old footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdhtia6wJ6M

Its a new promo Tayli its just been posted on the front page
Last edited by Humbugged on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Leliforever on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 am

Taylijane wrote:Leli, remember sr does not want to give us this proposal - it may be her saying "you want it so bad, well here it is, suckers". :x "I hope you like it" :x

Just hope we get another proposal in the elevator later. :sweat:

She is sooooooo mean.How could she not want a McProposal...
I know that she usually destroys the most romantic moments but this is unacceptable...
It's like ...making them get married and having Mer leave Derek in the middle! :x :x (OMG!do you think she could write sth like that??? :scared: :scared: :scared: )

Taylijane wrote:Uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm let me think about that for a minute...

Heck - Yes! This is Shonda Beelezu-baby Rhimes were are talking about here.

And I am sure the promo-monkeys have been playing with it, again. ;)

:innocent:

Maybe...But if you notice Derek's hand holding the ring...It is in the same room - I cannot understand where they are though... :hmm: Is this Mer's living room??? :S :S )

At least tomorrow we'll get our answers...
happy two days left people... :cry: :cry: :cry:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:50 am

Taylijane wrote:
Humbugged wrote:afternoon Tayli

I can't make out what Alex says to Derek or clearly understand all the Owen says. No proposal in the elevator unless we get the proposal at the house at the beginning of the episode and Mere does not give him an answer. :S
Would be interesting to see what Derek has to say for himself before he shows her the ring. It does not seem a very happy or romantic proposal at this stage. Meredith says something like "today is about Izzie" - not so sure she says "yes" to this proposal - could he try again in the elevator.
If there is no proposal in the elevator - sr is talking with forked-tongue again. :whistle:

Alex - "just try keeping her ????? inside her brain this time "

Owen - "I'm not the one who needs help around here .I'm not the one who cut out half a womans brain and
then ran off ....."

It looks as if they are in the kitchen at Casa Grey before he goes back to the hospital.Could be he is telling her he is coming back to the hospital and trys to ask but she shuts him down .

Could Mer be the one to ask in the elevator ??? Always thought it a bit odd why we were told about Molly proposing

Humbugged, that makes sense. If we rearrange the sequence of what is said. Derek arrives at Casa Grey with ring in hand and says a few things and "I need you to say yes" and Mere shuts him down, says "Today is about Izzie" and gives him the pep talk on being a great surgeon and he can do this. Derek gets to hospital finds Owen beside himself because he has hurt Cristina, offers help and gets knocked back, talks to Alex about operating on Izzie and then goes into Izzie's room for the promo bit and then we see and know the reason for the mournful look from Derek at Meredith during Bailey and oncologist's speeches. (Not impressed with the oncologist - very inappropriate speech - but what is new - sr has no idea of professional courtesy. :cursing: )
I am still thinking that that promo pic of Mere talking to the Chief outside the elevator is just before the door opens and Derek is standing inside, clean shaven and looking miserable and pathetic, we see Mere hesitate for a second and gets in and says something like and "now yesterday was about Izzie and today is about us" and we finally get an ILY from Meredith after almost 4 seasons. I have never seen such a sad and miserable proposal if that is it at Casa Grey. :cry:

I like this one a lot :clap: . Don't mind if we have two proposals.
Tayli, in case you get tired with your job, I think you can apply to be a writer ... you will do great :hail:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:20 pm

md_em wrote:
Taylijane wrote:
Humbugged wrote:afternoon Tayli

I can't make out what Alex says to Derek or clearly understand all the Owen says. No proposal in the elevator unless we get the proposal at the house at the beginning of the episode and Mere does not give him an answer. :S
Would be interesting to see what Derek has to say for himself before he shows her the ring. It does not seem a very happy or romantic proposal at this stage. Meredith says something like "today is about Izzie" - not so sure she says "yes" to this proposal - could he try again in the elevator.
If there is no proposal in the elevator - sr is talking with forked-tongue again. :whistle:

Alex - "just try keeping her ????? inside her brain this time "

Owen - "I'm not the one who needs help around here .I'm not the one who cut out half a womans brain and
then ran off ....."

It looks as if they are in the kitchen at Casa Grey before he goes back to the hospital.Could be he is telling her he is coming back to the hospital and trys to ask but she shuts him down .

Could Mer be the one to ask in the elevator ??? Always thought it a bit odd why we were told about Molly proposing

Humbugged, that makes sense. If we rearrange the sequence of what is said. Derek arrives at Casa Grey with ring in hand and says a few things and "I need you to say yes" and Mere shuts him down, says "Today is about Izzie" and gives him the pep talk on being a great surgeon and he can do this. Derek gets to hospital finds Owen beside himself because he has hurt Cristina, offers help and gets knocked back, talks to Alex about operating on Izzie and then goes into Izzie's room for the promo bit and then we see and know the reason for the mournful look from Derek at Meredith during Bailey and oncologist's speeches. (Not impressed with the oncologist - very inappropriate speech - but what is new - sr has no idea of professional courtesy. :cursing: )
I am still thinking that that promo pic of Mere talking to the Chief outside the elevator is just before the door opens and Derek is standing inside, clean shaven and looking miserable and pathetic, we see Mere hesitate for a second and gets in and says something like and "now yesterday was about Izzie and today is about us" and we finally get an ILY from Meredith after almost 4 seasons. I have never seen such a sad and miserable proposal if that is it at Casa Grey. :cry:

I like this one a lot :clap: . Don't mind if we have two proposals.
Tayli, in case you get tired with your job, I think you can apply to be a writer ... you will do great :hail:

I love the part with Mer telling "today is about us"...very romantic,and poetic...we definately deserve it!!!
But still Em,aren't you really disappointed? In my mind you're like one of the biggest MerDer fans and I thought that you wouldn't like the idea of such a "cold" proposal...
I don't like it...I mean,I don't want it to be sth traditional (standing on the knee and bla,bla...)-which is romantic of course but it's not for Meredith-...I wanted to be sth extraordinary,sth more...more of them,you know.That's why I loved the idea of an elevator proposal.The elevator means everything for them...They have shared so many heartbreaking but also breathtaking moments...First kiss (well they had kissed before but it was the first officaial kiss!),The amazing scene "I miss you","I'm over you"..."You wanna go away with me this weekend"...The first proposal!!!...O many memorable scenes that it would be a perfect match-end for the proposal to happen there...

What do you think the "letter" means?? :hmm:

EDIT: Latest Kevin McKidd interview including a pretty small sneak peek from tomorrow's episode between Owentina!Callie is Behind him...no idea why... :S

http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... ak_25.html
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Leli, I think the trailer is kind of an appetizer. I love the idea of the elevator. And I'm sure we will get it (because of the tittle !!!). You're right I'm a core MerDer fan :w00t: :w00t:

Edit: the video is not working :S
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Leliforever wrote:

EDIT: Latest Kevin McKidd interview including a pretty small sneak peek from tomorrow's episode between Owentina!Callie is Behind him...no idea why... :S

http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... ak_25.html

Same clip different link
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Tel ... 949&page=1

It must be after he strangles her they were probably asleep at Cris & Callies appartment

Could you understand the accent OK ???

ETA..

from converse1973 at TWoP

Sneek of the strangling :scared: :scared: :scared: **This comes with a health warning**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzdLjXbfXiQ

That answers the timeline of the other clip then .So that looks to be early on and we still have the helicopter scene to come .
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Humbugged wrote:Same clip different link
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Tel ... 949&page=1

It must be after he strangles her they were probably asleep at Cris & Callies appartment

Could you understand the accent OK ???

ETA..

from converse1973 at TWoP

Sneek of the strangling :scared: :scared: :scared: **This comes with a health warning**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzdLjXbfXiQ

That answers the timeline of the other clip then .So that looks to be early on and we still have the helicopter scene to come .

OMG! :scared: :scared: :scared:
I thought it was sth...less cruel! I thought well that he would hurt her like her arms or maybe hit her head somewhere but NOTHING LIKE THAT! :scared: :scared: :scared: Seriously?This is...OMG!Poor Christina...OMG! :scared:
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Humbugged wrote:from E! Online

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... s_you.html

Sneek Peeks

Thanks Humbugged! WOW, we are in for a very emotional eppi. :scared:

and btw, I could understand his interview very well. :thumbup:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby sdcsi on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Holy crap. I found that strangle scene impossible to watch. Very intense. I think they are a great couple. Interesting and complex.
sdcsi
Viewer

Postby hbshopgirl on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:54 pm

I am speechless....I have never been freaked by something on a tv show much less Grey's before until now. That was horrible. I mean it was acted out well and was a good scene and everything but it was horrible to watch. At first I was mad they spoiled it for me but I am glad that I saw it beforehand. I don't think I could have if I saw it for the first time with the episode. Going back the second time I noticed how scared Christina looked when Mere came into the bathroom and when she first saw Owen. I hate to say this but it reminded me of a battered wife and the abusive husband and him saying sorry and her saying it is okay. I noticed this the second time how when he apologizes how he seems like a rapist or attacker and or course when he was strangling her. I have been falling for Owen with all of his interactions with the characters besides Christina, how he doesn't act like a highschooler, how he doesn't do bs, how he is a mentor to Alex, and how he talked to Derek in the last episode. But now I really am starting to not like him. I know he will get help and all will be well, but my opinion of him will lessen but never go away. Christina will stop seeing him by the end of this episode but that scene with him saying that "it's okay" was too much for me.
I am thinking the Mere tells Derek later in the day maybe at the hospital.. wow that is awkward for Owen Derek and Christina.
Apparently I am not speechless....
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greymaters on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I am speechless....I have never been freaked by something on a tv show much less Grey's before until now. That was horrible. I mean it was acted out well and was a good scene and everything but it was horrible to watch. At first I was mad they spoiled it for me but I am glad that I saw it beforehand. I don't think I could have if I saw it for the first time with the episode. Going back the second time I noticed how scared Christina looked when Mere came into the bathroom and when she first saw Owen. I hate to say this but it reminded me of a battered wife and the abusive husband and him saying sorry and her saying it is okay. I noticed this the second time how when he apologizes how he seems like a rapist or attacker and or course when he was strangling her. I have been falling for Owen with all of his interactions with the characters besides Christina, how he doesn't act like a highschooler, how he doesn't do bs, how he is a mentor to Alex, and how he talked to Derek in the last episode. But now I really am starting to not like him. I know he will get help and all will be well, but my opinion of him will lessen but never go away. Christina will stop seeing him by the end of this episode but that scene with him saying that "it's okay" was too much for me.
I am thinking the Mere tells Derek later in the day maybe at the hospital.. wow that is awkward for Owen Derek and Christina.

Don't be so unforgiving, Owen has an illness, many ,\men suffer after being in a war zone, He can be fixed. I think the fan brought it on, he was looking at it while falling to sleep..must be it resembled a helicopter..and he drifted off to a war zone..maybe protecting himself type thing, in his dream...
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 am

hbshopgirl wrote:I am speechless....I have never been freaked by something on a tv show much less Grey's before until now. That was horrible. I mean it was acted out well and was a good scene and everything but it was horrible to watch. At first I was mad they spoiled it for me but I am glad that I saw it beforehand. I don't think I could have if I saw it for the first time with the episode. Going back the second time I noticed how scared Christina looked when Mere came into the bathroom and when she first saw Owen. I hate to say this but it reminded me of a battered wife and the abusive husband and him saying sorry and her saying it is okay. I noticed this the second time how when he apologizes how he seems like a rapist or attacker and or course when he was strangling her. I have been falling for Owen with all of his interactions with the characters besides Christina, how he doesn't act like a highschooler, how he doesn't do bs, how he is a mentor to Alex, and how he talked to Derek in the last episode. But now I really am starting to not like him. I know he will get help and all will be well, but my opinion of him will lessen but never go away. Christina will stop seeing him by the end of this episode but that scene with him saying that "it's okay" was too much for me.

Hbshopgirl, It was very difficult to watch wasn't it. But, what you have to keep in your mind about Owen is that this is a TRUE illness like any other disease like diabetes, cancer expect you can't see it. Owen is not an abuser - he is not a wife beater - he is not on a power trip - he is ill. Now my frustration - and this is taken out of context because we have only seen this one scene; two with Owen talking to Derek; but I will get to that one in a minute. Owen has just had a flashback - he is living the moment back in Iraq - goodness knows what he is experiencing - and he sees a person attacking him and he responds - it is not Cristina - he would never purposely hurt Cristina (unlike true abusers whose purpose is to hurt and punish). Now my gripe - I am hoping that Cristina is handling this properly - okay she is immediately frightened, etc. and as soon as she sees how distressed Owen is she gets him to focus on that she is okay - I am hoping that once Cristina does this is will soon concentrate on recognising that Owen needs help NOW and not go into denial and just "forgive and forget" the incident. Callie and Meredith certainly are not but I would prefer that it were Cristina if there is to be hope for the relationship and also for Cristina to be Cristina. Now, Owen - Owen is a health professional who should know the PTSD is a real illness - for him to be denying this is ridiculous. Yes, there are those that do deny it but not someone in Owen's position - it is so well documented and accepted - it just seem stupid that he would not be vigourously seeking help now particularly after hurting Cristina twice.
I think we need to look past this and give Owen some sympathy here - he is ill. But, he also has a responsibility to others around him to get help. He may have flashbacks in other situations and put others at risk - he should be intelligent and sensible enough to recognise he needs professional help, NOW, not in 2 episodes time.

As for Derek just giving Meredith the ring and expecting her to accept it after what he did is just pathetic. It does look like the promo monkeys were playing with the promo - where did the "I want you to have this" go. Is that later because if there is proposal No3 and Derek says "I want you to have this" - it sucks just as bad. I am holding out for a better proposal but I think that sr is in her punishment plan best mode - this may be it guys! I really want a romantic proposal in the elevator and I am hoping that my belief that Derek is in the elevator when Meredith is outside talking to the chief is true and we get more than "I want you to have this". :cry: But, I never get my hopes up with sr. Been there, done that, got the T shirt! Sadly. :(
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 am

I just deleted what I was saying... Yeah I want to give him a chance, believe me I do, I have always been for this pairing. One thing though, if you were Callie wouldn't you call the police. I know he is a colleague and your boss and you have come to really respect him but that doesn't matter when he is attacking your friend. I am glad she didn't of course but she didn't know it was unintentional when she walked in.

About MerDer we will get our proposal soon. But it was wrong for him to just hand her the ring and not say anything after what he did with the ring.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby ozumablank on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 am

The Owen/Cristina moments were sublime I loved everything about the scene both the good and the bad bits but especially the good bits. These two are far more in love than any other pairng on the show including merder who have pretty much horded the screen for far too long. I like at the moment that there are multiple couples - izzie/alex, mark/lexie owen/cristina and its not just merder all the time.

What happened with Owen wasnt just a random occurence it was triggered by the fan when he was watching it before he fell asleep. If any of you are knowledgable in psychology you may have heard of this before. Its called EMDR (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. Basically it happens where you have somebody with a traumatic past and when they follow an objects movement with their eyes from about 15-30 seconds it stymulates the brain to reprocess traumatic memories and causes them to resurface. you can check all this on Wikipedia.

In psychology EMDR is commonly used by psychologists to treat their clients and has proved rather effective in particular PSTD.
ozumablank
Extra

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers