Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 5.20 - Sweet Surrender -Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Episode 5.20
Title: Unknown
Airdate: Unknown

Casting Call:
[DAN] All Ethnicities except Caucasian, mid 40's to mid 50's, working class type, patient in the hospital. Guest Star

[CHRIS] Caucasian, Male, mid 30's to mid 40's, businessman. He is a patient in the hospital. Guest Star

[MR. JONES] All Ethnicities, early to mid 30's, a real working class guy that your heart goes out to. Guest Star

[MRS. GATES] All Ethnicities except Caucasian, mid 40's to mid 50's, wife of DAN. Co-Star

[JESSICA] All Ethnicities, 6 years old to look and feel 4 to 5 years old, VERY FRAIL and VERY SMALL sptv050769. She is a patient in the hospital. Co-Star

(Source: SpoilerTV)

Episode is being filmed 3rd march - 13th March.

The actors must be working long hours - they are still working on 5.18 and 5.19.
Last edited by Taylijane on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 5.20 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby md_em on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:52 am

Yes lots of work for the actors. If they need 10 days to shoot 1 episode, and if we've got 24 episodes this year they still have lots of shooting to do until beginning of May.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:39 pm

It's not their fault actually...If Shonda is rewriting the scripts because she has messed up with her characters... :whistle: Poor Patrick...He will probably not get to spend a lot of time with his family! :wub:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks to Crys over at TWoP. Here are the sides for above casting calls:
More sides from episode 5.20.

Chris Meloy - 30s, arrives by ambulance after being hit by the car driven by Dan Gates. Dr. Smith attends to Dan while Dr. Walters attends to Chris. Paramedic informs Dr. Walters that Chris has a fractured shoulder, possible broken ribs and internal bleeding. Dan says he didn't hit Chris, Chris jumped in front of the car. Chris accuses Dan of driving like a madman and calls for a blood alcohol test. Dan calls Chris a liar and Chris responds calling Dan a drunk.

In the ER: Dr. Smith is stitching up Chris and keeps glancing at his shoulder. Dr. Smith remarks that Chris said the car came from a northerly direction and Chris confirms asking why is that important. Dr. Smith tells Chris the police will there in a couple of hours and that Chris has to stick around till then. Chris gets uncomfortable, he doesn't want to wait for the police and just wants to go home to his family. Dr. Smith explains that whenever someone gets hit by a car they need to file a report so the police will need a statement from both Chris and Dan. Dr. Smith looks at Chris' shoulder again and knows something isn't right.

Dan Gates - 40s. First scene: is the same as in the previous side with Dan and Chris arriving by ambulance.

Dr. Smith talks to Dan explaining his injuries while Dan is trying to wrap his head around what happened. Dan has two broken ribs that lacerated several organs which caused internal bleeding. Dan says that he was only going to the bank because he had a few minutes before having to get back to the office. Dr. Smith asks him if there's any family he'd like for them to call before the surgery. Dan says his wife Mary but he hadn't called her yet because she gets worried and she had to pick up their sons from school in a couple of hours. Dan then gets very angry and starts yelling that Chris is a SOB and he jumped in front of the car. Dr. Smith tries to calm him down saying the police are on their way and that they should probably call his wife. Dan refuses saying she'll panic and he doesn't want to put her through that, he'll call her after the surgery. Dr. Smith agrees and says they'll call her after the surgery.

Mrs. Gates - Dr. Smith and Dr. Walters find Mrs. Gates waiting anxiously in the patient waiting area. Dr. Smith informs her that her husband Dan has a long recovery ahead of him, he suffered a minor brain contusion, broken ribs, internal bleeding but he's going to be fine. Mrs. Gates is relieved and extremely grateful thanking both doctors and saying they're wonderful. Dr. Smith asks her if she would like to see her husband and she accepts.

Mr. Smithson - is Jessica's father (the little girl who is the patient). Dr. Grant steps outside in the hall to talk to an exhausted looking Mr. Smithson. Mr. Smithson starts explaining to Dr. Grant that he spoke to a friend of his who is doing the fund raising for this sort of thing and his friend mentioned a place in Mexico where they do experimental treatments and have been very successful. In a few weeks they should have raised enough money. Dr. Grant says that she knows it's hard, they've talked about this a lot but she's sorry. Mr. Smithson refuses saying all they need is a little more time while he shuffles through print outs. He says he should've brought Jessica sooner over there for the treatment but he didn't know. He doesn't mean to insult Dr. Grant because he knows she's done everything she can but Jessica is a fighter and he needs a few more days to get her there. Dr. Grant looks him in the eye and starts saying that Jessica isn't going to be able to... Mr. Smithson blows up and starts yelling to Dr. Grant to not tell him what is best. He'll find a way to get his daughter to Mexico tonight and shame on Dr. Grant for giving up on Jessica. Mr. Smithson leaves angry and on a mission.

In Jessica's room: Dr. Grant is checking as usual to see if Jessica is bundled up enough. Mr. Smithson comes in defeated, he called eight organizations and there's a wait list for emergency funds, he doesn't know what else to do. Dr. Grant tells him it's time to stop. Mr. Smithson thinks maybe if they go to the airport they'll be let on the flight since Jessica is a sick child. Mr. Smithson pleads with Dr. Grant to not make him stop. Dr. Grant looks at him with compassion saying she wouldn't want to stop either. Jessica opens her eyes and asks her father if they're going to Mexico. Mr. Smithson looks at her and knows she's dying. He walks to the side of the bed, takes Jessica in his arms and lies down stroking Jessica's hair. He tells her they are going to Mexico where the sky is blue, the sand is white and so on. It'll be just the two of them, no more doctors, no more medicine, no more hospitals.

Jessica - Very sick 6 year old. In the first scene, Dr. Grant and Dr. Hawkins have stabilized her. Dr. Grant pulls out a tiny ceramic doll dressed like a ballerina from her pocket and asks Jessica for a good name for the doll. They agree on Elizabeth being a good name and Dr. Grant places the doll on Jessica's table where we see several other dolls.

In the second scene, Dr. Grant walks into Jessica's room and she's looking very scared and sick. Jessica really wants her dad and Dr. Grant says he's talking to the doctors and will be here soon. Jessica looks so small, weak and scared that Dr. Grant instinctively picks her up.

Dr Walter's may be Callie. Could be Bailey or one of the residents with Dan. And Arizona with Jessica. Would they give Bailey another dying child this soon? Although it may make her change her mind about Paeds. Which I think is going to happen sooner or later. If Arizona character sticks around there is not enough for two Paed surgeons. Bailey has to go back to general surgery. So may be this is Bailey trial with this specialty and realises this is not for her.
Last edited by Taylijane on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks Tayli for all the info. And if you don't want to download next epi, please still post here. You're so good at getting spoilers !!! And once more I like to read your speculation. :cool: :thumbup: :cool:

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:43 am

More sides for 5.20, thanks to Crys at TWoP and some of her analysis of the added sides:

More sides from episode 5.20:

Kevin - he's a psych resident. In the ER, Dr. Smith is charting and Kevin approaches. Kevin was called for a consult on a guy who got hit by a car (Chris Meloy - going by the other sides) and Dr. Smith directs him to curtain five. The patient is gone and Dr. Smith remarks "Oh, crap..."

ND Patient (Mr Hall)- In Mr Hall's room, Dr. Swanson is stitching the patient and Mr.Vernon lingers nearby. Dr. Swanson says he's with a patient right now and he (Mr.Vernon whom Dr. Swanson calls 'Scott') shouldn't be there. Mr Hall says he doesn't mind Mr. Vernon being there and Mr. Vernon looks at Dr. Swanson as if to say 'see, the patient is on my side'. Dr. Sawnson sighs.

-------------------------------------------------
Crys's analysis:

So Dr. Smith knows something is off with Chris' story and called for a psych consult. I thought Mr.Vernon may be one of the regular characters. Maybe Izzie is a patient by 5.20 and instead of staying in her room she's hanging around whichever resident Dr. Smith is.

If Derek returns with life saving surgery (in srland of course) for Izzie in 5.19 - she may be up and around. If it is Izzie - she lives - obviously.
If we go by what KH said at the party while under the influence then she is there for S6 at least.

ETA - change in sides ND Patient = Mr Hall
Last edited by Taylijane on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:39 pm

More from Crys

Callie's dad is going to be visiting in episode 5.20.

I was right about Mr.Vernon being someone we know but I was wrong about it being Izzie. There's a new side for Mr. Hall and the scene is clearly with Callie (named Jessica in the side) and Mr.Torres (they didn't even bother to change his name, lol).

Mr. Hall - In Jessica's (Callie) ND Patient Room: Callie is setting Mr. Hall's bones, he's sedated but becomes alert when Callie cracks his bones. Mr. Torres hovers silently close by making it hard for Callie to focus. Callie tells her dad that she's with a patient at the moment and he shouldn't be there. Mr. Hall says he doesn't mind and Mr. Torres looks at Callie as if to say the patient is on his side. Callie tells her dad that she wasn't looking for a relationship, not with a he or a she but it feels good, safe, easy and comfortable with her (Arizona, I presume). Callie finishes setting Mr. Hall's bones and turns to her dad who's unreadable. Callie's says she's happy and asks him when has he heard her willingly admit to that. Mr. Torres is calm and determined as he says that when Callie lived at home with her parents she was happy. Callie responds that she was twelve so it didn't take much. Mr. Torres wants Callie to fly home with him today and he'll take care of everything for her (set her up in her old bedroom, buy her a new car). He says he'll talk to the Chief and explain the circumstances and Callie can transfer her residency to St. Mary's Miami. Callie outright refuses saying she's not moving back home.

---------------------------------------
Callie coming out to her family sounds like it may be interesting. It's obvious by 5.20 Callie and Arizona are a couple and they're happy together. George might want to watch out though while Mr. Torres is in town. LOL

I expect the return of Mr. Torres to be reported by Kristin and Ausiello next week. You're welcome guys. :)
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks, Humbugged.
Well it is not as good news for Izzie's character that was thought. I still think that it has got to be something very important or dramatic to bring Derek out of hibernation. It would not do his confidence any good at this point to try and save Izzie and then she carks it. ;)

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks Humbugged foe the info.
Strange however the return of Callie's father :hmm:

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:43 am

md_em wrote:Thanks Humbugged foe the info.
Strange however the return of Callie's father :hmm:

Em there was some talk last year that Callie's father would return - right around the time of Gizzie. There was talk that Mr Torres may come back to take care of George for not taking care of Callie and nothing happened then. He is now coming back and Callie is now a lesbian. Interesting or not. :hmm:

But I also see the actress who plays Arizona is here for the immediate future having joined the cast. I can't imagine that sr would put them together, just to break them apart and exit Arizona by the end of the season. So it looks like she is here to stay for the immediate future. :|

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:33 pm

You're certainly right Tayli (as usual ;) )

md_em
Star Billing

Re: Episode 5.20 - Sweet Surrender -Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:15 am

From TWoP:
we have a title for 5.20 - "Sweet Surrender". Do you think it may have something to do with Meredith giving in and agreeing to getting married? Could this be the proposal? Finally? (said with an exhausted sigh) :hmm:
Last edited by Taylijane on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby xlilevax on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 am

Can't wait for more Owen and Cristina scenes !
xlilevax
Viewer

Postby Taylijane on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:55 am

xlilevax wrote:Can't wait for more Owen and Cristina scenes !

Hi, xlilevax. I think this will be around the time that Owen will consent to see Dr Wyatt. I am hoping he is letting Cristina stick with him. :)

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:00 am

Taylijane wrote:From TWoP:
we have a title for 5.29 - "Sweet Surrender". Do you think it may have something to do with Meredith giving in and agreeing to getting married? Could this be the proposal? Finally? (said with an exhausted sigh) :hmm:

I hope so Tayli ... before getting tired to wait :hmm: :cry:

md_em
Star Billing

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers