Episode 5.21 - No Good at saying sorry

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Episode 5.21 - No Good at saying sorry

Postby McSunny on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 am

I just realized that this is the episode that Thatcher shows up according to Matt M. So the title would definitely fit for Thatcher/Mer and Thatcher/Lexie.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Taylijane on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:49 am

McSunny wrote:I just realized that this is the episode that Thatcher shows up according to Matt M. So the title would definitely fit for Thatcher/Mer and Thatcher/Lexie.

Sunny, ITA - when I read that this was the episode of Thatcher's return they were my thoughts as well. So we know that there is preparation for Mere's wedding in 5.20, I would say that seeing Izzie is "running" the show - it will be that "Lexie must be a bridesmaid" which then leads to Mark being best man and thereby the beginning of a reconciliation for Mark and Derek - made by Lexie or Meredith or both at Izzie's instigation. But somehow Thatcher hears about the celebration and crashes the hospital to be with his daughters. Would Izzie contact him not knowing the past history with Meredith and Lexie? Or so full of good deeds and chemo that she does not think of the repercussions?
Also George may be also feeling left out and Izzie realises that she had hurt him as well - no good at saying sorry - to her BFF? Does this make George go into a Foreign Legion type funk and go off to join the army medical corp seeing his new mentor was a doctor in Iraq and "he thinks I would have made a great front-line doctor". For the life of me, with Owen's recent experiences and immediate condition, I cannot imagine him actively encouraging George to join up. I think it would be the complete opposite if anything. I can imagine Owen's praise falling on fertile (and sad and desperate) ears and George running with it rather than Owen actually inducing George to go to the recruitment office.

Such a long wait for a new episode. Anyone know what repeats are being shown?
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:13 am

I love girls to read your speculations which are so insightful :clap: ... it helps me to wait.

Edit: Tayli, according to greysgabble, today's repeat is 5.09 and next week is 5.10.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby ozumablank on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:05 pm

I think it might actually be Sloan/Shephard coz I dont think Owen/Cristina would have any qualms about saying sorry to each other, in fact it would probably relieve them and plus they have always been sort of sincere and involved with each other, they have no problems being emotional around each other so I dont think thats them. But Sloan and Shephard are men (or least try to be) and Izzies mum maybe depends on their current relationship I suppose.
ozumablank
Extra

Postby Leliforever on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 pm

If it's indeed about Derek and Mark that means that they stay like this do-not-know-you-mister for like over a month? :huh: Oh,man!I want Mark to be the bestman!
It has to do sth with them definately...but also Thatcher and Grey girls does a "clik" to me... :hmm:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby ozumablank on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:39 pm

You know it will be probably be a mix of the above suggestions, Thatcher and Meredith and Lexie will be the primary focus, then Derek and Mark, George and Izzie and whomever else is having troubles in their relationships. Looking forward to it. I hate that its Thursday and no Greys :cursing: :cursing: :x :x :x ¬¬ ¬¬ ¬¬ :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :S :S :S

On Mark and Derek, well in this situation Derek will is primarily to blame for what happened Mark was just defending himself which he had every right to and if he apologises it will up to Mark to be the bigger person and accept it.
ozumablank
Extra

Postby McSunny on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:35 am

ozumablank wrote:You know it will be probably be a mix of the above suggestions, Thatcher and Meredith and Lexie will be the primary focus, then Derek and Mark, George and Izzie and whomever else is having troubles in their relationships. Looking forward to it. I hate that its Thursday and no Greys :cursing: :cursing: :x :x :x ¬¬ ¬¬ ¬¬ :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :S :S :S

On Mark and Derek, well in this situation Derek will is primarily to blame for what happened Mark was just defending himself which he had every right to and if he apologises it will up to Mark to be the bigger person and accept it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the Derek is primarily to blame for he and Mark's situation. Derek and Mark's problems started when Mark slept with Derek's wife and I don't care how long ago that happened that is at the root of any problems they have. It boils down to trust and I certainly don't blame Derek for not trusting Mark. Even if/when they make up there are still going to be long term trust issues there. And now Mark has gone behind Derek's back and broken that trust again. I understand that many folks think Mexie is love (which I don't buy) but if Mexie had this all-consuming attraction/love Mark could have been man enough just to go to Derek BEFORE he started sleeping with and having a relationship with Lexie. He could have then said "I know I promised that I wouldn't do this but this is happening and I want to be upfront about it and tell you that I am going to see Lexie". He would have then been able to say " Lexie and I are adults and I'm sorry you don't like it but you can't tell us not to have these feeling.".

With that being said, I realize that Derek threw the first punch. Mark still could have been the bigger man. Knowing he was in the wrong for going BEHIND Derek's back and then lying and hiding the relationship Mark could have said "I'm not fighting you about this" and he could have walked away. He didn't, he punched back and therefore, IMO, he is just as much at fault for the fight that ensued. You don't have to fight back and in my book that is never the answer.

I also don't happen to believe that there was a "winner" to this fight. I don't care who ended up on the bottom at the end they both pretty much beat the crap out of each other. No one really is a "winner" when a confrontation ends in a physical fight. JMHO, of course.

I also don't think that the burden of apologizing is on Derek. They both are in fault for some things. Derek is only at fault for throwing the first punches. Mark fault is much bigger, IMO, because he once again betrayed Derek's trust.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 am

Sunny, I pretty much agree with you. I don't recall Mark going to Derek to apologize because he slept with his wife. So for the current affair, I don't think that Derek is just the one in fault. I guess Derek has to apologize because he punched him but Mark has to apologize because he betrayed his best friend trust (again !!!).
Last edited by md_em on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby ozumablank on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:14 am

I guess your right Mark probably did have it coming, I think that the fight was just a release of tension and stuff between the both of them if their friendship can surivive this then theyre going to be fine. I guess when Derek realises he needs a best man for his wedding will he be prompted to approach him.
ozumablank
Extra

Postby McSunny on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 am

I don't think it would have escalated to a physical confrontation if Mark had not informed Derek about Lexie right after Jen had just died and Derek had been dealing with her husband. I still think Derek would have been really mad at Mark but I doubt if his reaction would have been that bad.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 am

McSunny wrote:I don't think it would have escalated to a physical confrontation if Mark had not informed Derek about Lexie right after Jen had just died and Derek had been dealing with her husband. I still think Derek would have been really mad at Mark but I doubt if his reaction would have been that bad.

ITA :huh:

md_em
Star Billing

Postby ObscureAllure on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:58 pm

ozumablank wrote:You know it will be probably be a mix of the above suggestions, Thatcher and Meredith and Lexie will be the primary focus, then Derek and Mark, George and Izzie and whomever else is having troubles in their relationships. Looking forward to it. I hate that its Thursday and no Greys :cursing: :cursing: :x :x :x ¬¬ ¬¬ ¬¬ :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :S :S :S

LOL - you *really* don't like Derek, do you? Hehehhe. I've noticed that in your posts.
GO SAINTS!
Mafia Timer
OA is actually French for townie. Did you know that? Learn something new every day. 
ObscureAllure
Supporting Actor

Postby ozumablank on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Guess not sorry, my opinion of Derek changes every episode, sometimes I like him a lot and other times Im not sure, he's a very interesting character he's just not my no.1, Cristina is my no.1, then Meredith. My favorite male is Owen he restored my faith in the show.

Anyway sorry I'll try and be nicer in the future, the root of it is that I have trouble believing that men like Derek actually exist.

I guess Im No Good at saying sorry either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ozumablank
Extra

Postby Humbugged on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:53 pm

from Whainott at TWoP

GREY'S ANATOMY - "Not Good at Saying Sorry (One More Chance)" - As preparations continue for Meredith and Derek's wedding, Izzie receives a surprise hospital visit from her handful-of-a-mother, Robbie. Meanwhile, a newly sober Thatcher visits his daughters, Meredith and Lexie, in order to make amends, and the Chief and Meredith bitterly fight over a controversial medical case, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, APRIL 30 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/SCOTT GARFIELD) JUSTIN CHAMBERS, SHARON LAWRENCE

http://abcmedianet.com/web/showpage/sho ... &end_date=
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:11 am

Humbugged wrote:from Whainott at TWoP

GREY'S ANATOMY - "Not Good at Saying Sorry (One More Chance)" - As preparations continue for Meredith and Derek's wedding, Izzie receives a surprise hospital visit from her handful-of-a-mother, Robbie. Meanwhile, a newly sober Thatcher visits his daughters, Meredith and Lexie, in order to make amends, and the Chief and Meredith bitterly fight over a controversial medical case, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, APRIL 30 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/SCOTT GARFIELD) JUSTIN CHAMBERS, SHARON LAWRENCE

http://abcmedianet.com/web/showpage/sho ... &end_date=

This is the case where the 6 year old kills her father and injures her mother. May link in well with Meredith's childhood and Mere might be defending the child. Just coincidence that Thatcher shows up in this episode, too. :whistle:

It is also the episode that has the environmentalist that is injured defending a tree.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers