Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby Leliforever on Wed May 06, 2009 1:52 pm

So,if I understand this correctly,MerDer is actually getting married until the season finale? :unsure:

That's good!!! :thumbsup: Thank you God for making up SHonda's mind! :D :D :D

I liked that video a lot since it also contained some really exciting B&B news as well!!! :clap: (Bones fan here! :blush: )
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby McSunny on Thu May 07, 2009 4:28 am

Leliforever wrote:So,if I understand this correctly,MerDer is actually getting married until the season finale? :unsure:

That's good!!! :thumbsup: Thank you God for making up SHonda's mind! :D :D :D

I liked that video a lot since it also contained some really exciting B&B news as well!!! :clap: (Bones fan here! :blush: )


WE THINK that's what Aushole meant....that MerDer are getting married in the finale but he didn't come right out and SAY that so I'm trying not to count on it because I don't want to be disappointed again.

I still think it's cheap and sleazy that we can't have the big MerDer wedding in 5.22. Because they have pimped MerDer for a month now. :thumbsdown:
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby Taylijane on Thu May 07, 2009 6:01 am

McSunny wrote:
Leliforever wrote:So,if I understand this correctly,MerDer is actually getting married until the season finale? :unsure:

That's good!!! :thumbsup: Thank you God for making up SHonda's mind! :D :D :D

I liked that video a lot since it also contained some really exciting B&B news as well!!! :clap: (Bones fan here! :blush: )


WE THINK that's what Aushole meant....that MerDer are getting married in the finale but he didn't come right out and SAY that so I'm trying not to count on it because I don't want to be disappointed again.

I still think it's cheap and sleazy that we can't have the big MerDer wedding in 5.22. Because they have pimped MerDer for a month now. :thumbsdown:


Sunny, I totally agree with you. I don't think that we should get our hopes up that we are going to see an actually Mere/Derek wedding ceremony even in the finale.
And I totally agree too on your other point - sr has been pimping a Mere/Derek wedding, even though she said there would not be one in the 100th epi, (Joe and Jane Public may not know that) she is still allowing the promotion of the wedding in the promos and sneak peeks. You will notice however that it has not increased the poor ratings which should show her that fans are tired of the on again off again storyline of Mere and Derek - I think everyone is waiting for the next shoe to fall and will not get invested with them anymore - she speaks with a forked tongue too often to be taken seriously anymore. :mad: I know she has exhausted my interest in them - I refuse to get invested in them anymore because I do feel that she may just find some other plot devise to throw a spanner into their relationship just because she loves jerking our chain. :x
Give me Mark and Lexie - they are flying under her radar at the moment - sr is too busy playing with the others at the moment. We just get our little appetiser each week of Lexie and Mark and I am content. ;) I just dread the day she wants to throw the spotlight on them. :scared:
I am heavily invested in Meredith, I hope that she makes it with Derek but I refuse to get my hopes up - been there done that, got the T-shirt so many times so I will stick to getting my kicks from Mark and Lexie - and get pleasantly surprised when things go well for Mere and Derek. :clown:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby md_em on Thu May 07, 2009 10:24 am

Tayli,
I understand you get tired of sr with regard to Mer and Der. But things this season got a little better, and I definitely cannot give up on this two. Patrick says that there is a union between Mer and Der, and I know we can rely on him, so let's see what it will be... and we will get our "S" moment next epi (well if sneek peaks are not lying).
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby Leliforever on Thu May 07, 2009 2:34 pm

ITA Taili! SHonda Rhimes keeps playing with us like we're stupid...ANd some would say that we are considering that we still watch the show...MerDer is my fav couple,so I refuse to give up on them...
I strongly believe that the 100th episode should be all about their wedding,not a church,fashionable-clothes,big ceremony wedding kind of thing,but sth that combines who they are!
It's the 100th episode!God!It should be a landmark on their relationship...It shouldn't be all about Izzie's wedding :x They are the main couple,the show is called Grey's ANatomy (not Steven's!) and they basically the main reason why some people like me haven't given up on the show!If it wasn't for them,I would watch Slexie & Owentina clips on youtube and thst's it!
Shonda has to understand that if she keeps going around messing with our hopes she will finally lose us.
SHe should take into consideration that the ratings are not what they used to be ,and the fact that they only rised up when MErDer got engaged! :x SHe should see those things and not take it for granted that she can continue this on and off thing for howlong she wants,just to "fill" the seasons left! :x :x
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby md_em on Thu May 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Leliforever wrote:ITA Taili! SHonda Rhimes keeps playing with us like we're stupid...ANd some would say that we are considering that we still watch the show...MerDer is my fav couple,so I refuse to give up on them...
I strongly believe that the 100th episode should be all about their wedding,not a church,fashionable-clothes,big ceremony wedding kind of thing,but sth that combines who they are!
It's the 100th episode!God!It should be a landmark on their relationship...It shouldn't be all about Izzie's wedding :x They are the main couple,the show is called Grey's ANatomy (not Steven's!) and they basically the main reason why some people like me haven't given up on the show!If it wasn't for them,I would watch Slexie & Owentina clips on youtube and thst's it!
Shonda has to understand that if she keeps going around messing with our hopes she will finally lose us.
SHe should take into consideration that the ratings are not what they used to be ,and the fact that they only rised up when MErDer got engaged! :x SHe should see those things and not take it for granted that she can continue this on and off thing for howlong she wants,just to "fill" the seasons left! :x :x


Leli, you said it all ...
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby greymaters on Thu May 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Leliforever wrote:ITA Taili! SHonda Rhimes keeps playing with us like we're stupid...ANd some would say that we are considering that we still watch the show...MerDer is my fav couple,so I refuse to give up on them...
I strongly believe that the 100th episode should be all about their wedding,not a church,fashionable-clothes,big ceremony wedding kind of thing,but sth that combines who they are!
It's the 100th episode!God!It should be a landmark on their relationship...It shouldn't be all about Izzie's wedding :x They are the main couple,the show is called Grey's ANatomy (not Steven's!) and they basically the main reason why some people like me haven't given up on the show!If it wasn't for them,I would watch Slexie & Owentina clips on youtube and thst's it!
Shonda has to understand that if she keeps going around messing with our hopes she will finally lose us.
SHe should take into consideration that the ratings are not what they used to be ,and the fact that they only rised up when MErDer got engaged! :x SHe should see those things and not take it for granted that she can continue this on and off thing for howlong she wants,just to "fill" the seasons left! :x :x

I agree! I really don't think SR gets it either. :cursing:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:26 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby Leliforever on Thu May 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Girls,sorry for..(cough) interrupting your "fight" :lol: But since there are some of you lucky watching tonight the landmark episode,can I please ask you to come here just for 5 min and post ina small summary what happened with our McWedding? :cry: Basically how was MerDer (all I care!)
I'll wake up early in the morning to start downloading before school but I don't think I can handdle ancient greek without knowing what the hell Shonda ruined my most important day... :cry: :cry: :cry:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby Taylijane on Thu May 07, 2009 9:40 pm

greymaters wrote:
Leliforever wrote:ITA Taili! SHonda Rhimes keeps playing with us like we're stupid...ANd some would say that we are considering that we still watch the show...MerDer is my fav couple,so I refuse to give up on them...
I strongly believe that the 100th episode should be all about their wedding,not a church,fashionable-clothes,big ceremony wedding kind of thing,but sth that combines who they are!
It's the 100th episode!God!It should be a landmark on their relationship...It shouldn't be all about Izzie's wedding :x They are the main couple,the show is called Grey's ANatomy (not Steven's!) and they basically the main reason why some people like me haven't given up on the show!If it wasn't for them,I would watch Slexie & Owentina clips on youtube and thst's it!
Shonda has to understand that if she keeps going around messing with our hopes she will finally lose us.
SHe should take into consideration that the ratings are not what they used to be ,and the fact that they only rised up when MErDer got engaged! :x SHe should see those things and not take it for granted that she can continue this on and off thing for howlong she wants,just to "fill" the seasons left! :x :x

I agree! I really don't think SR gets it either. :cursing:


Well said, Leli. :)
And Donna, I agree too - I think that SR would like the series to be about the others particularly when she is going through one of her crushes - Addison, Denny but 90% of the people who watch the show watch it for Mere and Derek. And sr forgets that they are the shows bread and butter without Mere and Derek there is no Grey's Anatomy! :x
Please don't get me wrong, I do support and want Meredith and Derek to be together. I just refuse to get my hopes up on anything that is going on with them.That way if something good happens I get pleasantly surprised. I have invested so much into them and been so disappointed before that I no longer will allow sr to pull my chain. If I don't do that I would just stop watching. I think many of the long term fans feel the same. Many now just come here (or the abc board or TWoP) and read the highlights and watch snippets on YouTube and that is all they are interested in - they have given up watching the show and have found other shows that interest them more and that is reflected in the ratings. Many of the diehard fans and Joe and Jane Public have given up because sr believes that Mere and Derek cannot be together and still have a storyline. She has put into too many plot devices and roadblocks that they have just stopped being interested. I honestly believe that if TPTB at abc have not interferred, she would still be inventing Roses and Addisons and dark and twistiness and drownings to keep them apart. And that is why before 2007, GA attracted a weekly audience of 19 million - 22 million and now scratches 12 million.
The same is happening in Australia - I look at the weekly ratings for GA now and where it was winning it time slot 3 years ago - it is now coming in 3rd out of 3 for the commercial networks and is being beaten by repeats of 20 to 1. :scared: :scared: It would not surprise me to see it go to a later time slot next year. Seriously sad! :cry:

Steps off soap box and hands over 2c. ;)

Leliforever wrote:Girls,sorry for..(cough) interrupting your "fight" :lol: But since there are some of you lucky watching tonight the landmark episode,can I please ask you to come here just for 5 min and post ina small summary what happened with our McWedding? :cry: Basically how was MerDer (all I care!)
I'll wake up early in the morning to start downloading before school but I don't think I can handdle ancient greek without knowing what the hell Shonda ruined my most important day... :cry: :cry: :cry:


And Leli. It is not really a fight - it really is for fun. :P
But I do love Mark and Lexie. ;)

And I agree, I am off to work and would love to hear your summary and the highlights of the show - particularly Mere and Derek but more importantly Mark and Lexie. :P :P :D
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 5.22 - What a difference a day makes

Postby greymaters on Thu May 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Taylijane wrote:
greymaters wrote:
Leliforever wrote:ITA Taili! SHonda Rhimes keeps playing with us like we're stupid...ANd some would say that we are considering that we still watch the show...MerDer is my fav couple,so I refuse to give up on them...
I strongly believe that the 100th episode should be all about their wedding,not a church,fashionable-clothes,big ceremony wedding kind of thing,but sth that combines who they are!
It's the 100th episode!God!It should be a landmark on their relationship...It shouldn't be all about Izzie's wedding :x They are the main couple,the show is called Grey's ANatomy (not Steven's!) and they basically the main reason why some people like me haven't given up on the show!If it wasn't for them,I would watch Slexie & Owentina clips on youtube and thst's it!
Shonda has to understand that if she keeps going around messing with our hopes she will finally lose us.
SHe should take into consideration that the ratings are not what they used to be ,and the fact that they only rised up when MErDer got engaged! :x SHe should see those things and not take it for granted that she can continue this on and off thing for howlong she wants,just to "fill" the seasons left! :x :x

I agree! I really don't think SR gets it either. :cursing:


Well said, Leli. :)
And Donna, I agree too - I think that SR would like the series to be about the others particularly when she is going through one of her crushes - Addison, Denny but 90% of the people who watch the show watch it for Mere and Derek. And sr forgets that they are the shows bread and butter without Mere and Derek there is no Grey's Anatomy! :x
Please don't get me wrong, I do support and want Meredith and Derek to be together. I just refuse to get my hopes up on anything that is going on with them.That way if something good happens I get pleasantly surprised. I have invested so much into them and been so disappointed before that I no longer will allow sr to pull my chain. If I don't do that I would just stop watching. I think many of the long term fans feel the same. Many now just come here (or the abc board or TWoP) and read the highlights and watch snippets on YouTube and that is all they are interested in - they have given up watching the show and have found other shows that interest them more and that is reflected in the ratings. Many of the diehard fans and Joe and Jane Public have given up because sr believes that Mere and Derek cannot be together and still have a storyline. She has put into too many plot devices and roadblocks that they have just stopped being interested. I honestly believe that if TPTB at abc have not interferred, she would still be inventing Roses and Addisons and dark and twistiness and drownings to keep them apart. And that is why before 2007, GA attracted a weekly audience of 19 million - 22 million and now scratches 12 million.
The same is happening in Australia - I look at the weekly ratings for GA now and where it was winning it time slot 3 years ago - it is now coming in 3rd out of 3 for the commercial networks and is being beaten by repeats of 20 to 1. :scared: :scared: It would not surprise me to see it go to a later time slot next year. Seriously sad! :cry:

Steps off soap box and hands over 2c. ;)

Leliforever wrote:Girls,sorry for..(cough) interrupting your "fight" :lol: But since there are some of you lucky watching tonight the landmark episode,can I please ask you to come here just for 5 min and post ina small summary what happened with our McWedding? :cry: Basically how was MerDer (all I care!)
I'll wake up early in the morning to start downloading before school but I don't think I can handdle ancient greek without knowing what the hell Shonda ruined my most important day... :cry: :cry: :cry:


And Leli. It is not really a fight - it really is for fun. :P
But I do love Mark and Lexie. ;)

And I agree, I am off to work and would love to hear your summary and the highlights of the show - particularly Mere and Derek but more importantly Mark and Lexie. :P :P :D


Tayli, you nailed it about the fans being tired of SR yanking their chains, and then there is people like us, die hard watchers...well even you have stopped watching a few times, because of all the plot devices. Just watching Mer/Der parts..but with even 12 million people watching, sr floats her boat as that is success :crazy:

All this hub bub about Mer and Der getting married, is going to **** a lot of fans off, if she doesn't come through.

Yes, I agree with everything you have said.

Edit: by me Review is over at No Spoilers section
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:26 am
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

cron