Season 6 - Speculations

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby md_em on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:43 am

andahazi wrote:I have a theory about the first episode of the season, which I think it will be a double one.
The episode will start with a funeral. All the main characters, with the exception of Izzie and George, will attend it. Before anyone start to talk, and the dead one is revealed, the action will change to the hospital, a day or two before, right after the season finale, with both Izzie and George crashing.
Then, troughout the episode, the action will change between the "Real World", with all the doctors fighting to sabe their friend's life and coping with ir, and the "Holly Elevator World" :P , with Izzie and George talking about coming back or not, coming to terms with their respective issues.
At some point, a flat line and an active line will be shown.
Finally, at the second half of the episode, will be dedicated to the funeral.

This part could really be the scenario ...

andahazi wrote:The one who died will be revealed, and probably some characters will talk about him/her.

I would prefer to avoid this one: it looks like a DH epi of season 5 too much :mad:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Taylijane on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:38 am

md_em wrote:
andahazi wrote:I have a theory about the first episode of the season, which I think it will be a double one.
The episode will start with a funeral. All the main characters, with the exception of Izzie and George, will attend it. Before anyone start to talk, and the dead one is revealed, the action will change to the hospital, a day or two before, right after the season finale, with both Izzie and George crashing.
Then, troughout the episode, the action will change between the "Real World", with all the doctors fighting to sabe their friend's life and coping with ir, and the "Holly Elevator World" :P , with Izzie and George talking about coming back or not, coming to terms with their respective issues.
At some point, a flat line and an active line will be shown.
Finally, at the second half of the episode, will be dedicated to the funeral.

This part could really be the scenario ...

andahazi wrote:The one who died will be revealed, and probably some characters will talk about him/her.

I would prefer to avoid this one: it looks like a DH epi of season 5 too much :mad:

I really do believe that whoever is gone is gone and we will not see them reappear in S6. Unless they filmed the above scenarios before the end of the season I cannot see this happening. I do think TRK is gone but not sure about KH. George could be back however but played by a different actor. I think there was a reason that sr turned him into something resembling roadkill. Or was it just her idea of revenge? O.o
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby andahazi on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm

I really do believe that whoever is gone is gone and we will not see them reappear in S6

Yeah, that will probably be the case.
In the Ausiello report of TRK's exit, he said that Shonda wanted TR to participate in the first three episodes of the season, but the deal couldn't be closed. So, I think that last scene with George and Izzie in the Uberworld was the last we have seen of George O'Malley. Sad, really sad.
andahazi
Stunt Double

Postby Humbugged on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:57 pm

from Crystelle at TWoP

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 3911d4bad6

It has been a real-life cliffhanger bigger than the one faced by her character Izzie in the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy": Will series co-star Katherine Heigl return to "Grey's" next season?

Now sources say that Heigl's option on the medical drama has been picked up, meaning the actress will continue on the show.

The news comes on the heels of word leaking that Heigl's pal on the show, T.R. Knight, won't return next season.

ABC won't confirm any casting for its flagship drama series.

The lives of both of Heigl and Knight's characters were left hanging in the balance in "Grey's" season finale last month.

Izzie, who had been diagnosed with stage IV metastatic cancer in the brain and the liver, underwent a successful brain surgery but lost her short-term memory and suddenly flat-lined in the final minutes of the finale.

Heigl has had a somewhat rocky tenure on "Grey's."

The series made her a household name and launched her successful movie career and earned her an Emmy in 2007. But tensions began to creep in, escalating last summer when Heigl pulled herself out of Emmy consideration, attributing her decision to the lack of good stories for her character.

She also had been rumored to have lobbied for a release from the show to focus on her booming feature career.

But that was a year ago. This past season, the storyline of Izzie's cancer was central to the show's creative resurgence. Additionally, the actress had stated publicly that she wanted to continue on the show.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:20 pm

from Crystelle @ TWoP

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/showpage ... tcol=radio

Radio Clips of Shonda and various cast members

Crystelle's synopsis

EP- Mer's storyline is more about her family (her sister, I assume Lexie, and father).

PD - Richard has dropped the ball, the board wants Derek to take the Chief's job but Derek will remain loyal to Richard at the expense of his own career. That'll create friction between Derek and Richard. PD is excited to see where Derek and the Derek/Richard relationship will go. The Merder relationship has been played out so he finds this storyline with the Derek/Richard relationship much more interesting because it's something different and the struggle over the control of the hospital is intriguing to him.

CW- Bailey and her pain: dealing with the loss of her marriage. CW is curious to see how smoothly Bailey can work through being in so much pain. At the beginning of the season they will be dealing with grief and how they work through it. All the characters will do a bit of the voiceover about how they deal with and the stages of grief.
SR- has gotten a lot of positive feedback on the Calzona relationship. Callie doesn't care what anyone thinks and she's going to be who she is.

SO - the first few episodes are about dealing with the aftermath and grief over George's death. We'll see several characters dealing with grief in different ways( So says 40 days pass in between 6.01 - 6.02 )

KMcK - there's more pressure on everyone because of what is going on in the hospital, everyone is looking over their shoulder. These are ambitious people and they're going to kick it into overdrive. They will be fearful for their jobs and so the high pressure adds to the drama but there's also a lot of comedy.

KH - as devastating as Denny's death was for Izzie, George is someone she's known for 5 years (LOL, actually it's 2 years Heigl) and the writers found a beautiful way to honor the relationship and how this will wreck Iz. There are also moments of laughter and emotional connection between the Fab4. The season premiere takes through 2 or 3 months, Izzie still has cancer but her tumors have been removed, she has no new ones and she's still doing the IL2 chemo, Izzie's recovering. KH thought surviving stage 4 metastactic melanoma was TV fiction but she recently met someone who survived it and so the storyline is hopeful for people who are fighting cancer.

JCap - the public reaction to the Calzona relationship hasn't been an issue. A woman wanted to fix her daughter up with JCap.

Shonda/Betsy - trying a lot of new stuff this year, trying to move out of comfort zone for the characters and the confort zone of the writers/directors/producers. CW will direct an episode, a couple of crossover episodes, episodes that we definitely didn't expect to come from GA but they're going to try them out and see what happens. Some episodes will be much more focused instead of what was done in the past with everyone being equally represented for example, an episode that shows the inside of Derek's world. They are also going to try and focus on one sugery an entire episode and see how that goes. We know these characters so well (really?!?!) so this will be a way to illuminate them and also give us a chance to meet new characters.
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm waiting for the SP (I like the idea that we will know a little more about the characters, and it's nice to try new things if you take the time to think about it), but then we will get only one epi a week, and I'm going to miss EP.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers