Season 6 - Speculations

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby greymaters on Sat May 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Katie2323 wrote:Hello everyone. I'm new here. My name is Katie.

Are there any new spoilers on George and Izzie?

Hi Katie, Welcome :)

No one knows for sure, but check this out

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6291

My personal belief is T R Knight is gone. And KH is waiting for her Emmy to be announced, then she will back out of her contract too.
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby McSunny on Sun May 31, 2009 7:14 am

KH will have to make a commitment before she knows whether she gets an Emmy nom or not. They generally have the business with the contracts done by mid June and the Emmy's won't be announced until July 16, 2009. If they decide they want to keep her she will have to stay because she already is signed on next season. The only way she gets out is if ABC decides to let her out. It's not really up to KH at this point. Or TRK either. sr holds the power in this deal.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sun May 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Welcome Katie!!! :D
I hope you have a nice time here with us!!

I also believe that TRK is out people! ;)
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Sun May 31, 2009 1:21 pm

McSunny wrote:KH will have to make a commitment before she knows whether she gets an Emmy nom or not. They generally have the business with the contracts done by mid June and the Emmy's won't be announced until July 16, 2009. If they decide they want to keep her she will have to stay because she already is signed on next season. The only way she gets out is if ABC decides to let her out. It's not really up to KH at this point. Or TRK either. sr holds the power in this deal.

Good Morning/Evening all :)

Thanks Linda, for that bit of information.. :flowers:

Our George going makes me :( But I do wish him well in what ever TRK does in his career.
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sun May 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Welcome Katie :thumbsup:

I although think that George is out. As usual Linda, you're doing such a good job in finding info (or knowing it !!!).
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:39 am

md_em wrote:Welcome Katie :thumbsup:

I although think that George is out. As usual Linda, you're doing such a good job in finding info (or knowing it !!!).

Awww, thank you Em! :blush:

And Welcome Katie! :thumbup:
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby ivaja on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Hoping that at least one of those two will die. It will give something new to show.
ivaja
Extra

Postby McSunny on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:46 am

ivaja wrote:Hoping that at least one of those two will die. It will give something new to show.

Hey Ivaja, I have to say I'm hoping neither will die because I just think if we lose any of the Fab five that the show will not be the same. Having said that, I do think one of them will die.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:21 am

McSunny wrote:
ivaja wrote:Hoping that at least one of those two will die. It will give something new to show.

Hey Ivaja, I have to say I'm hoping neither will die because I just think if we lose any of the Fab five that the show will not be the same. Having said that, I do think one of them will die.

I think it is tragic that fans feel that we have to lose characters to revive interest in the show (no offence, ivaja). It just show how much sr is failing her fans. :(
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby old waldorf on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:50 am

I agree, TR is gone. The elevator scene was the perfect set up for the "cross over". George was already there to "greet" Izzy, but I am sure that next season the elevator door will close with her still in it and she will still be alive and George gone. And with the last near death experience of Mere's, it seems that all the old spirits are still hanging about in the hospital forever.
Plus the rumor mill from Minneapolis is that TR is off the show......

And maybe Charlie from Lost will be a new character for the show.....
old waldorf
Viewer

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:19 am

old waldorf wrote:I agree, TR is gone. The elevator scene was the perfect set up for the "cross over". George was already there to "greet" Izzy, but I am sure that next season the elevator door will close with her still in it and she will still be alive and George gone. And with the last near death experience of Mere's, it seems that all the old spirits are still hanging about in the hospital forever.
Plus the rumor mill from Minneapolis is that TR is off the show......

And maybe Charlie from Lost will be a new character for the show.....

Welcome, old waldorf. That was my first impression of the elevator scene as well. But, it could be either - Izzie is dead and is in the elevator going wherever and the door opens to let George in to go with her to wherever or George is already there waiting for the elevator and Izzie to arrive. I think that TR is gone - not so sure that George is though - I think that seeing sr turned George into roadkill - he could return but played by another actor.
I do think that sr does everything in her power to look good - I think it would look bad to lose two main stars in one go. So my thoughts are that she will try to keep KH. I do think that KH wants out badly and she is very good friends with TR so it would not surprise me if she goes as well. A little payback to ms sr. :PP
Anyways great to have you posting on this forum. :D
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby McSunny on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:43 am

I think if it was up to TRK and KH and they had the power to make the decision then they would both get out at the same time. But I don't believe that sr (whose decision it is) will let both of them go. I think that's more of her punishment plan, not letting them both out of their contracts at the same time. Keep one and make one stay - the latest sr power play.

If she does keep George by recasting she will be the biggest hypocrite of all time since she's made a big deal in the past about it not being right to recast another actor in an existing role. She said she finds it very insulting to the audience. This from the woman who put ghost sex in last season. :rofl: That certainly insulted me. :lol:
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:56 am

McSunny wrote:I think if it was up to TRK and KH and they had the power to make the decision then they would both get out at the same time. But I don't believe that sr (whose decision it is) will let both of them go. I think that's more of her punishment plan, not letting them both out of their contracts at the same time. Keep one and make one stay - the latest sr power play.

If she does keep George by recasting she will be the biggest hypocrite of all time since she's made a big deal in the past about it not being right to recast another actor in an existing role. She said she finds it very insulting to the audience. This from the woman who put ghost sex in last season. :rofl: That certainly insulted me. :lol:

I agree. I don't think that sr will let the TRK and KH go out at the same time. And even if I don't see a valid reason for sr to hate TRK, I really think that TRK will be off but not KH.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 am

from McYummyKarev @ TWoP

http://www.buzzsugar.com/3284597

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR GREYS ANATOMY

The start of Summer means the return of my Five Questions series, where I reflect on the most recent seasons of some favorite shows and chat about their challenges for the future. Today, I'm kicking this year's series off with some questions for Grey's Anatomy.

1. Who's coming back? That, of course, is the biggie, given that in the season finale, both Izzie and George looked like they might be taking the elevator to the Great Beyond. If the producers actually manage to keep the revelation a secret until the Fall in this age of spoilers — not to mention just everyday casting news — I'll be impressed; my current theory is that Izzie lives and George dies, but that's pure speculation. But they aren't the only two whose fates are up in the air: I'm not sure that Jessica Capshaw (Arizona) or Kevin McKidd (Owen) have contracts yet for next year, and even Chandra Wilson recently said she was still waiting on her own offer to return.
2. Are Meredith and Derek solid? Sure, they're "married" — if a Post-It counts as marriage, anyway. I was impressed with the way both of them, and especially Meredith, grew up this season; they seemed like real, true adults! It was a pleasant change to see Meredith stop moping and whining and start respecting herself and her relationship, but let's face it: This is Grey's Anatomy, and relationship drama's got to come from somewhere. Will they make it through another year? Or will some new force come along to try and tear them apart?

For my other three big questions, just read more.

3. Which other relationships will last? Relatively speaking for Grey's, this wasn't a season with a lot of partner-swapping. The drama came mostly from within the relationships — how would Owen's PTSD affect Cristina? Could Lexie and Mark survive their differences in age and experience? Would Callie and Arizona be able to work through their myriad issues? For a show with so much sleeping around, I'm all for seeing some stable relationships — but can all of them be sustained? Or will we need some breakups to keep things fresh?
4. What will become of Bailey? She's one of my favorite characters (and Chandra Wilson one of my favorite actresses), and yet, I'm not sure the show knows quite what to do with her right now. The story with her pursuing a fellowship in pediatrics, only to end up turning it down because she's leaving her husband, was poignant — but now what? I love Bailey; I don't want to see her turn into a bitter general surgeon who's angry about all the possibilities passing her by.
5. Can the show hold onto its buzz? After five years, there are signs that Grey's is losing some of its mojo. Since peaking in season three, the show's ratings have dropped steadily every year. (The show's still one of the top-rated series on network TV, though; everything is losing ratings these days.) The unevenness of recent seasons hasn't helped: with lackluster runs of episodes here and there, some viewers have definitely left the show behind. Will Grey's try to boost its appeal with small, character-driven story arcs? Or will it bust out the blockbuster "events" — train crashes, ferry wrecks, main characters dying — to bring new viewers in
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby andahazi on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:32 am

I have a theory about the first episode of the season, which I think it will be a double one.
The episode will start with a funeral. All the main characters, with the exception of Izzie and George, will attend it. Before anyone start to talk, and the dead one is revealed, the action will change to the hospital, a day or two before, right after the season finale, with both Izzie and George crashing.
Then, troughout the episode, the action will change between the "Real World", with all the doctors fighting to sabe their friend's life and coping with ir, and the "Holly Elevator World" :P , with Izzie and George talking about coming back or not, coming to terms with their respective issues.
At some point, a flat line and an active line will be shown.
Finally, at the second half of the episode, will be dedicated to the funeral.
The one who died will be revealed, and probably some characters will talk about him/her.
If Izzie is the one who lives, probably Alex will be at her bedside after the funeral, greeting her at the moment she awakes.
If it is George (very unlikely, sadly), it will probably be Meredith, or even that girl, Amanda.
And then life, and season, continues.
andahazi
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers