Season 6 - Speculations

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby md_em on Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 am

Thanks Linda for the recap.

So if we agree that 1.06 is the underlying episode of season 6, what could we guess:
- not sure whether George or Izzie or both will die/survive but in the mean time, we have here a very fighting Izzie. So maybe she's the one who survive and she does her best to recover (in case she has lost her short term memory) and to come back to work :S :S
- I love the ending of this episode, so maybe great new for MerDer by the end of the season, but in between some people will not ease their relationship (like Der family if something happens to him ???)
- Great season for Christina and Owen (maybe they are going out under cover :PP :PP :PP )
- Alex is really crap so I don't see how it can fit with our new Alex :S
- No Mark and Lexie in this episode, maybe they are going to disappear. Tayli, Donna get your tissues ready :haha: :haha: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby Taylijane on Tue May 26, 2009 10:15 am

McSunny wrote:There are a couple of threads that I read on the ABC MB. Mostly I go to the Speculation & Discussion thread where it's just like here people chat and talk about the show.

There's another thread called the Judy Dolls Thread and I've looked at that one occasionally. They are heavy into symbolism. What different colors mean and all that kind of stuff.

I watched 1.06 "If tomorrow never comes" tonight. I guess it's because I think Iz or George or both might soon be gone but I am really enjoying watching the old Iz/George. The expressions on George's face just crack me up and I just love him (pre-Gizzie and all that). Izzie seemed much more career minded in those early days. Maybe if Iz lives she will be more career minded in S6.

That's one thing that I think will be difficult about either Iz/George surviving. They both still would have to recover and both could be long recoveries. So, that will put them way behind the other residents. George might not be able to even practice at all. I guess sr could group them with Lexie. Unless they do some type of time jump.

So, S6 could either be about the major recovering of one or both unless they just say that they are at home recovering and don't show it or it will be about major grieving by whoever is left and all the other characters. Sounds like a bit of a downer to me and I think they will have to work very hard to keep S6 from really being a black cloud. I don't think GA can withstand another depressing season.

Back to 1.06. It seems the major themes are Procrastination and Fear.

Mer's voicover starts with "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today". later in the VO she says "by the time the pain of not doing a thing gets worse than the FEAR of doing it, it can feel like we're carrying around a giant tumor".

MerDer have procrastinated getting legally married by just having the post-it ceremony.

A few things that stick out to me are:

-Mer is conflicted about seeing Der or not.

-Bailey is giving MerDer crap about seeing each other. (maybe MerDer will have trouble balancing their personal/professional lives)

-Mer is getting crap about sleeping with an attending but Chris is doing the same thing but no one knows.

-Iz/Alex have a big fight (trouble in the marriage?)

-Iz has a huge career day because she handles everything on the floor because Alex's pager batteries were dead.

-Iz has to open the guys chest at his bedside and remove a clot. She saves his life.

-Alex offends the patient with the giant tumor.

-George tries several times to get up the nerve to ask Mer out but because of FEAR he doesn't. Then at the end George goes to Mer's room and her bed is empty because she's out with Der.

-At the end Mer is waiting for Der with a bottle of wine


Linda, Thanks for the effort here. The theme of 1.06 was putting things off because you are afraid (i.e the procrastination due to fear of whatever).
I honestly do not think that Mere and Derek put off their wedding due to fear - Mere was ready and whole and healed - so unless sr takes one of her lets ignore previous advances in characterisations and storyline backflips - I cannot see Mere or Derek's post-it marriage coming into play here. However, there may be some questions about the wedding. I can imagine that Cristina or Mark will be asking about the wedding and Mere is going to have to tell Cristina exactly how they were married - Mark too will be questioning Derek but I really do feel Derek and Mere are solid with their vows and their ceremony - it will be others that may have a problem with it.

And I think it will be a serious sr backflip if suddenly we have Mere questioning, regretful or fearful of the marriage. The only way I can see her getting all strung out if the validity/legality of the marriage is questioned is with regard to arrival of or imminent arrival of the first of the chatty babies.

I don't think the "challenge" to the validity of Mere and Derek marriage will come early in the season. Remember, if this theory is correct, that 1.06 is all season 6 - not just episode 1 of season 6.

I really do think the first episode will be all about coming to grips with the loss of at least one of the fab 5. At least one - not sure I am game enough to predict which one. I do think that there is an even bet that both are gone but I am sure one is gone.

I do think that the big romances of S6 will be Mark and Lexie and Cristina and Owen. Mere and Derek are going to be the old married couple. It will be interesting to see if sr writes in EP's pregnancy.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby Leliforever on Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 pm

I hope she does write the pregnancy in the show.
Come on,I don't think it's out of this world for them.
I didn't wanna see Chyler's pregnancy being written because they were not ready to have a baby (Lexie & mark)...
but MerDer has been together for how long?3 years?

At what point do you think the season will start? :hmm:
I mean,the time gap.laast year was like only a few weeks.
I don't think it will be much,unless they say that Mer is already pregnant.-which I hope they don't because I wanna see the "Derek,we're having a McBaby" scene :wub: :wub: :wub:
What about the interns' exam? :hmm:
We won't see Lexie becoming a resident??? :hmm:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby md_em on Tue May 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Leliforever wrote:I hope she does write the pregnancy in the show.
Come on,I don't think it's out of this world for them.
I didn't wanna see Chyler's pregnancy being written because they were not ready to have a baby (Lexie & mark)...
but MerDer has been together for how long?3 years?


Well Leli, it's not 3 years, because we are not still at the end of the second year. But time line in GA is crazy, so should we care about it? I'm not sure ... (of course I want the McBaby as well, but we can get a miscarriage here as we know it)

Leliforever wrote:At what point do you think the season will start? :hmm:
I mean,the time gap.laast year was like only a few weeks.
I don't think it will be much,unless they say that Mer is already pregnant.-which I hope they don't because I wanna see the "Derek,we're having a McBaby" scene :wub: :wub: :wub:
What about the interns' exam? :hmm:
We won't see Lexie becoming a resident??? :hmm:


I'm not caring so much about the current interns :sneaky: ... But I do care about the McBaby scene :thumbsup:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby McSunny on Wed May 27, 2009 7:33 am

I wasn't saying that MerDer put off the official wedding out of fear. I was just saying that they procrastinated out of lack of time. Although, currently I don' think either one of them thinks that they have procrastinated about it. I do believe that both Mer & Derek believe they are married and are just as committed as if they had gone to city hall.

I think George operated in FEAR all through 1.06 or rather didn't take any action because he kept procrastinating about talking to Mer (except for that one bumbling scene at the lunch table) about his feelings out of fear of rejection. Then at the end he sees her empty bed and he's too late because of his fear & procrastination. IF George lives I could see FEAR being his storyline for the entire season because he would have all the fear around recovery and whether or not he would every be able to practice medicine. Heck, there would be fear just about whether he would ever be ok again.

Leil, I think they have to pick up where they left off in the SF next fall. I think one of them may live and if they do I think sr will want us to experience the emotion of watching them saving one while losing another. I agree with Tayli, that I think one will die. I just don't know which one. My gut says it's George that will die.

I SO VERY MUCH want a McBaby but that is precisely why I think sr will NOT give us one. When has she ever really given us what we really, really want in an easy way?
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby md_em on Wed May 27, 2009 9:55 am

McSunny wrote:Leil, I think they have to pick up where they left off in the SF next fall. I think one of them may live and if they do I think sr will want us to experience the emotion of watching them saving one while losing another. I agree with Tayli, that I think one will die. I just don't know which one. My gut says it's George that will die.

I SO VERY MUCH want a McBaby but that is precisely why I think sr will NOT give us one. When has she ever really given us what we really, really want in an easy way?


As you girls, I really think only one of the two will make it. and my feelings is also that George will die,but who knows :S :S :S
As for the McBaby, because we want one we will not have one :cursing: :cursing:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby Taylijane on Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 am

md_em wrote:
McSunny wrote:Leil, I think they have to pick up where they left off in the SF next fall. I think one of them may live and if they do I think sr will want us to experience the emotion of watching them saving one while losing another. I agree with Tayli, that I think one will die. I just don't know which one. My gut says it's George that will die.

I SO VERY MUCH want a McBaby but that is precisely why I think sr will NOT give us one. When has she ever really given us what we really, really want in an easy way?


As you girls, I really think only one of the two will make it. and my feelings is also that George will die,but who knows :S :S :S
As for the McBaby, because we want one we will not have one :cursing: :cursing:


I have just had a premonition ( :blush: ) - I see :arabia: - S6E1 episode opening with George and Izzie lift scene - we then see both EKG screens still in flat-line. Then one starts to show heart activity. Then we see the other continue in flat line and back to the elevator scene and we see the door close. We then see either Derek (if George is dead) call time of death or Richard (if it is Izzie) call time of death. Every time I convince myself it is George because it is TRK who wants out, I then change my mind and say its KH who wants out, then I decide they are both gone.
At the moment, I think it is George who survives - if the theme is fear causing procrastination - I can see George staying and struggling to get back to the great trauma surgeon he wanted to be. I am wondering if sr will recast George and let TR go. Not sure.
The reason I think Izzie goes is because I can see some interesting story lines for Alex - dark and twisty Alex for half of the season and then something reminds him he has the Alex/Izzie embryos and then we have Alex searching for a human incubator - ? Addison. Alex will be procrastinating in finding a surrogate mother for the embryos and be all dark and twisty. Addison may volunteer as she desperately wants a baby. Plus it allows sr to get Addison back for her annual visit to SGH (KW must have demanded it in her contract - she wants to have an in back into GA, if PP fails) - boring. :sleep:
Okay my latest theory is that TR and KH both go but George is recast. :wacko:
Mark and Lexie could be experiencing some fear as well.
Bailey, too.
I am hoping that sr does not do a backflip with Mere and her fear of commitment - I really will be disappointed if we go back to fearful Mere. But, where Mere and Derek are concerned I never get my hopes up. She may have a fear of having crappy instead of chatty babies. ;)
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby md_em on Wed May 27, 2009 10:49 am

Nice theory Tayli ...
I like the KW supposition :crazy:
and nice new signature :clap:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby Leliforever on Wed May 27, 2009 11:27 am

Nice theory Taili...
Too bad you're not the writer...
At least you could save us from the stupid crappy storyline IF Izzie dies and Alex wants to use the embryos and bla bla bla... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I cannot see another logical explanation for Ellen's pregnancy...
The baby bump is quite obvious now and by the time they start shooting it will be too obvious...
I now that they can do what they did with Chyler but we cannpt spend like - how many they are before Ellen goes in labour?5-6 episode at least? - with just seeing Ellen's only face!!! :PP Or can we? :O :O :O

I like the signature Taili!!! :thumbsup:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby Taylijane on Wed May 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Leliforever wrote:Nice theory Taili...
Too bad you're not the writer...
At least you could save us from the stupid crappy storyline IF Izzie dies and Alex wants to use the embryos and bla bla bla... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I cannot see another logical explanation for Ellen's pregnancy...
The baby bump is quite obvious now and by the time they start shooting it will be too obvious...
I now that they can do what they did with Chyler but we cannpt spend like - how many they are before Ellen goes in labour?5-6 episode at least? - with just seeing Ellen's only face!!! :PP Or can we? :O :O :O

I like the signature Taili!!! :thumbsup:


Thanks for noticing the signature, guys. :D I think it was a great quote and so important that we do let our loved ones know how we feel every day. :flowers:
Leli, I am not sure that sr will include EP's pregnancy straight away. If we have no time gap, it will still be the day they got married. I suppose we may come back several days later at the funeral or funerals (combined) but I do not think that it will be any longer that a couple of days. And because GA moves so slowly, Mere would be pregnant for 3 seasons. :P
It will all depend on how long EP takes for maternity leave. She works in a industry where they have long days but she has a trailer and could have a nanny - so the baby could be on set with her. It all depends on how the labour goes and how well she is and feels after. She may only miss a couple of epis or less if sr takes one of her shooting hiatuses, which is her want sometimes.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
User avatar
Taylijane
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Hanging by my fingernails to the Merederous Ledge
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby McSunny on Thu May 28, 2009 6:28 am

I think I saw something on TWoP that said an actress usually gets 2 months maternity. I can't see EP taking that long but as Tayli said, it would depend on her and the baby's health. If they really don't write the pregnancy in then I'd say we are looking at the first few epis of Mer from face up and then maybe a hiatus to cover EP being gone. Unless sr comes up with some whacky storyline about Mer being gone for some reason. I don't know. Hard to imagine what they will do if they don't write it in.

Even if they decide to write it in they may have problems doing that because EP will be pretty big pregnant by the time they start shooting again. I think they should write it in and then she could be having twins and that's why she's so big! :PP
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby Leliforever on Thu May 28, 2009 9:03 pm

I love the twins idea :PP :PP :PP
But I still do not believe that SHonda doesn't know what to do with Ellen's pregnancy yet :sneaky: :sneaky:
She has definately figured out the whole thing :whistle:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
User avatar
Leliforever
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Greece/Athens
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby md_em on Fri May 29, 2009 7:54 am

Leliforever wrote:I love the twins idea :PP :PP :PP
But I still do not believe that SHonda doesn't know what to do with Ellen's pregnancy yet :sneaky: :sneaky:
She has definately figured out the whole thing :whistle:


ITA with you Leli.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
User avatar
md_em
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby McSunny on Fri May 29, 2009 9:06 am

Oh yes, she knows. It's locked in that evil brain of hers. :scared: Like she really thinks that we believe she's just sitting around, chewing her nails thinking "what are we going to do..."? Right. :P

On her twitter it says that she is gone on vacation on a beach somewhere.
User avatar
McSunny
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: Season 6 - Speculations

Postby Katie2323 on Sat May 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new here. My name is Katie.

Are there any new spoilers on George and Izzie?
User avatar
Katie2323
Viewer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

cron