Some Advice concerning Credits needed

For all videos and movies created by our Community.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Some Advice concerning Credits needed

Postby Mellow on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Hey guys :D

I'm working on my own version of a Lost Opening and i really don't know in which way i should name the cast.

If i go alphabetically it looks like this(Im not going to list the actors names here=:
Sayid
Richard
Desmond
Claire
Ben
Lapidus
Jack
Hurley
Sawyer
Jin
Sun
Miles
Kate
(F)Locke
Ilana

But imo this somewhat isn't satisfying. :/ Should i name Jack and Kate first? Or let it stay alphabetically? And what about Ilana at the end? :/ Seems weird to me. You guys help me. :D
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Some Advice concerning Credits needed

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Well alphebetical is "classier" because then you are suggesting that they are all important, where as you do it the other way, it shows your opinion of 'order of importance'. --I would stick to alphe :)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Completely QFT Darth on this one. Alphabetical is the best way to go to be honest with you. Good luck with this project.
I've got loads of great Lost videos planned, but unfortunately, I can't get any free downloadable video programs to work. /: I'd love to make a music opening, including the full cast of the series, as well as add in a few of the major supporting characters; Rousseau, Rose, Bernard, Tom, Vincent, and Aaron.
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Postby Mellow on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:55 am

Aw thank both of you very much, ;D I guess you guys are right. :)

SLJCOAAATR Well if you need some help feel free to ask me, i'd be happy to help!
OR check the Vidding Tutorial in the Fan Videos section out (here in the boards)
OR visit this site http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/ . There are a bunch of great lost-vidders there with LOADS of help. :D I'm registrated as "SawyerLittleton" ;)

As for video programes, you cant do anything wrong with Sony Vegas. ;)
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby BookhouseBoy on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:33 am

I completely agree that alphabetical on "main cast" followed by alphabetical on "supporting cast" (everyone else) is the way to go.

Having said that, the awesome LOST: The Sitcom videos do slightly tinker with the order, always listing Foxie first, but that's partly a sort of spoof of the sitcom intro style too. But what's also interesting is the way they pair together similar characters (Michael and Walt, Boone and Shannon, and in S3, Mr. Eko, Nikki and Paulo).

Season 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPqxWQ-YfS0
Season 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC2wrbMydLk
Season 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4-R7DBA3E

Gosh, I wish they would do this with S4, S5 and S6 too... I never get tired of those videos. :)

Edit: Oh, look, someone DID try to do it for S5... not quite as good, but still nice to see I'm not the only one who likes those: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22HsbU0Znbs
BookhouseBoy
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am

STAFF NOTICE!
Moved to Fan Vids
STAFF NOTICES ARE ONLY TO BE USED BY FORUM STAFF!

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Joshjb on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Agree, alphabetical order would be best. ;)
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Return to Fan Vids