VOTE!!

General discussion for 'Desperate Housewives'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

VOTE!!

Postby freddyMC on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 am

you guys, there is now a battle between Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives on STV-vote for our housewives!!!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/best-show-ever-round-35-greys-anatomy.html
I WILL NEVER BE LOST AGAIN.
Being desperate never looked so appealing.....
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=83
freddyMC
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: VOTE!!

Postby Joshua on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 am

Can't say I'm sad to see DH lose.

DH season one was awesome (better than Lost's 5th season) and season 2 (on my rewatch now) is also great!!

But the past 2-3 seasons have really been lacking.

And watching the S6 Grey's finale today... now THAT was epic! Not that John Barrowman crap DH had.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby freddyMC on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Yes, the Grey's finale was epic, the best finale ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
But DH is still better imo. Grey's had the most boring, dreadfull season EVER. first 7 episodes were good, last 4 were good too, but in between was just horrific!! I really considered quitting watching-and that never happens with me. Too much annoying new characters, too much boring storylines :thumbsdown: Still good though :thumbup:

DH was maybe less spectaculair, but it at least had cliffhangers and nice new threads (serial killer). And the writing, in terms of dialogue etc, was top notch!! I rewatched 15-23 jesterday ( :whistle: ) and I laughed my ass off! Come to think of it, I was really DH crazy after I saw season 6 week to week for the first time. My friends can't here more "DH is baaaaaaaaaack!!"While with Grey's I never even mentioned it. Too painfull. I miss Izzie :cry:
freddyMC
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:51 am

I gave up Grey's after Season 3 and I NEVER do that. I just couldn't take anymore of the back-and-forth of Derek and Meredith anymore and the whole idea of George/Izzie as a couple just didn't work for me. I did watch the last part of this years season finale and it was good, but I'll never go back to weekly watching. But I'm not surprised GA won over DH because it has the bigger fan base.

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby freddyMC on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 pm

yes, and we have to be hones: if DH had a shooter who killed everyone in the finale we would be out of control too! And the promotion it got....the first ten minutes "leaked"from the grey's finale a week before, (Reed and Alex shot!) offcourse everyone would watch that! Still great though, little unrealistic but AWESOME!!
freddyMC
Show Expert

Postby BookhouseBoy on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:39 pm

charliefan4life wrote:I gave up Grey's after Season 3 and I NEVER do that. I just couldn't take anymore of the back-and-forth of Derek and Meredith anymore and the whole idea of George/Izzie as a couple just didn't work for me. I did watch the last part of this years season finale and it was good, but I'll never go back to weekly watching. But I'm not surprised GA won over DH because it has the bigger fan base.

I gave up after either the 2nd or 3rd season. I don't even care enough to go back and look at what point it was. Grey's is just a long "relationship" hospital show with very little to give me in terms of entertainment value. As far as the hospital stuff... I already watched several seasons of ER. And a season or two of Chicago Hope. And St. Elsewhere. And General Hospital. And Scrubs. And all of MASH. And all of Trapper John MD and Aftermash too. And all the Star Treks with doctors. And probably something I'm forgetting. Hospital shows are just so... eh.

Desperate Housewives may not be "perfect" but at least I don't know what it will be about each week.
BookhouseBoy
Show Expert

Return to Desperate Housewives Discussion [No spoilers!]