[Official] Desperate Housewives Ep. 7.01 Discussion

General discussion for 'Desperate Housewives'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Desperate Housewives Ep. 7.01 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:15 pm

"Remember Paul?"

9:00PM

Discuss Desperate Housewives' Season Premiere here.

PAUL YOUNG RETURNS TO WISTERIA LANE WITH QUESTIONABLE MOTIVES, SUSAN RECEIVES AN UNORTHODOX JOB OFFER THAT COULD HELP WITH HER MONEY WOES, LYNETTE’S FRIEND, RENEE, PAYS AN UNEXPECTED VISIT TO THE SCAVOS, AND BREE FALLS FOR A HUNKY, YOUNGER HANDYMAN, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF “DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES”

Vanessa Williams Joins the Cast as Renee Perry; Mark Moses Returns as Paul Young; Brian Austin Green Guest Stars as Hunky Handyman Keith; Lainie Kazan Guest Stars as Susan’s Apartment Manager, Maxine

“Remember Paul?” – The residents of Wisteria Lane are stunned to discover that Paul Young is out of prison and back in the neighborhood with an enigmatic new wife and seemingly dark motives. Meanwhile, while Paul is renting Susan’s home, she, Mike and MJ are living in an apartment on limited funds..... But Susan sees a glimmer of hope in getting her life back on the Lane when she’s offered an unorthodox job by her apartment manager, Maxine (Lainie Kazan); Lynette’s rich and successful college friend, Renee (Vanessa Williams), pays an unexpected visit to the Scavo household; Gabrielle and Carlos find themselves keeping secrets from one another; and Bree, newly single and needing a fresh start after selling her business, finds herself tempted by Keith (Brian Austin Green) -- the handsome, young handyman she's hired to update her house -- on the season premiere of “Desperate Housewives.”

Written by Marc Cherry
Directed by David Grossman

Cast
Teri Hatcher as Susan Mayer
Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo
Marcia Cross as Bree Hodge
Eva Longoria Parker as Gabrielle Solis
Vanessa Williams as Renee Perry
Ricardo Antonio Chavira as Carlos Solis
Doug Savant as Tom Scavo
Kathryn Joosten as Karen McCluskey
Kevin Rahm as Lee McDermott
Tuc Watkins as Bob Hunter
Mark Moses as Paul Young
Brenda Strong as Mary Alice Young
James Denton as Mike Delfino
Charlie Carver as Porter Scavo
Joshua Logan Moore as Parker Scavo
Darcy Rose Byrnes as Penny Scavo
Madison de la Garza as Juanita Solis
Mason Vale Cotton as MJ Delfino

Guest Cast
Kyle MacLachlan as Orson Hodge
Harriet Sansom Harris as Felicia Tillman
Brian Austin Green as Keith Watson
Lainie Kazan as Maxine Rosen
Kevin Symons as Jack Pinkham
Michael Kagan as board chairman
Martin Kildare as Mr. Roarke
Christine Estabrook as Mrs. Huber
Steven Culp as Rex Van De Kamp
Michelle Duffy as Judy
Bonnie Bailey-Reed as Gwen
Max Carver as Preston Scavo
Karly Rothenberg as woman in prison

Source: ABC

- Promotional Photos
- Sneak Peeks 1
- Sneak Peeks 2
- Sneak Peek 3
- Sneak Peek 4

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Desperate Housewives Ep. 7.01 Discussion

Postby charliefan4life on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:44 am

This looks like it could be a good season!

I really thought it was going to MJ who was switched at birth. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with it being Juanita. Can't wait to see what Paul's up to!

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby spoil_me on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:54 pm

MJ was my last thought. I was leanning towards one of Bree's kids as odds on favorite. This would help in leaving Andrew or Dannelle out of many (if not all) future episodes. My next pic would have been a Solis child as Tom and Lynnette have had enough on their plate and with Vanessa Williams playing role in their lives that would be too much for 1 season. Never did I consider MJ as option as I think they want to keep the couples (Susan and MIke) troubles not be relatinship related persay. The trick is how do they handle this as we cna expect both Carlos and Gabbys secrets will l;ikey come out. I started a topic on this but will post it here as well. I though tI found a writing flaw in last night episode. I may have heard it wrong but didnt Carlos tell his oldest (child in question) that her GrandMother (his Mother) love dher very much!? Carlos Mom died before this child was even concieved much less be born!
Give me the "OMG WTF" spoilers!
spoil_me
Stunt Double

Postby Joshua on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 pm

BRILLIANT.

Ahh I loved it!

Vanessa Williams :wub: :wub: AMAZING!!

@spoil_me Carlos said "You [daughter] would have liked her a lot" or words to that effect.

I'll be writing a more in-depth review for the blog later :thumbsup:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby BookhouseBoy on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:50 am

I really liked the season 1 flavor that Paul and Felicia brought to this episode. Vanessa Williams was a little "over the top" though.
BookhouseBoy
Show Expert

Postby spoil_me on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:55 am

With the news her marriage is failing I think we will see a different side to her character very soon
Give me the "OMG WTF" spoilers!
spoil_me
Stunt Double

Postby Joshua on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:08 am

Yeah, the S1 feel was definitely there!!

Especially seeing Rex and Martha (not to mention red-headed young twins) at the beginning, even though they said nothing.

Oh, and the names of the housewives on the webcams? Martha and Deirdre. Coincidence I think not! Loved that touch :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby BookhouseBoy on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 am

spoil_me wrote:With the news her marriage is failing I think we will see a different side to her character very soon

Possibly, but I was actually reacting not just to Renee's snobbery (see also: Bree does it so much better), but just Vanessa Williams' acting in general. Maybe she's just outclassed by Felicity Huffman, and that's why Vanessa Williams seemed... like a sort of sub-par actress. Or maybe it's not even that, specifically, or just she doesn't seem to "fit" in just yet with the other actresses. Sort of like how an actor who is great on say, The Sopranos, wouldn't seem to be as good on another show, like say, Curb Your Enthusiasm. Vanessa Williams just didn't seem to be on the same show as everyone else.
BookhouseBoy
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 pm

BookhouseBoy wrote:
spoil_me wrote:With the news her marriage is failing I think we will see a different side to her character very soon

Possibly, but I was actually reacting not just to Renee's snobbery (see also: Bree does it so much better), but just Vanessa Williams' acting in general. Maybe she's just outclassed by Felicity Huffman, and that's why Vanessa Williams seemed... like a sort of sub-par actress. Or maybe it's not even that, specifically, or just she doesn't seem to "fit" in just yet with the other actresses. Sort of like how an actor who is great on say, The Sopranos, wouldn't seem to be as good on another show, like say, Curb Your Enthusiasm. Vanessa Williams just didn't seem to be on the same show as everyone else.

I'm probably (definitely) biased since I loved Williams on Ugly Betty, but I thought she did a great job!
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Return to Desperate Housewives Discussion [No spoilers!]