[Official] Desperate Housewives Ep. 7.22/23 Discussion

General discussion for 'Desperate Housewives'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Desperate Housewives Ep. 7.22/23 Discussion

Postby Smiley Face on Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm

2-HOUR SEASON FINALE EVENT
-May 15, 2011-

7.22 - And Lots of Security ...

7.23 - Come on Over for Dinner
Official ABC Promo

Offical Press Release from ABC:
SEASON FINALE

THE LADIES WELCOME SUSAN BACK TO WISTERIA LANE WITH A PROGRESSIVE DINNER PARTY -- THAT LEADS TO A SHOCKING MURDER -- AND GABY IS STUNNED TO LEARN THE IDENTITY OF THE MAN WHO HAS BEEN STALKING HER, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S "DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES"

"And Lots of Security..." / "Come on Over for Dinner" - A progressive dinner party thrown for Susan to celebrate her move back onto the lane leads to a shocking murder. Meanwhile, Gaby is stunned to learn the identity of the mysterious man who has been stalking her; Lynette and Tom attempt to put the spark back into their marriage by spending a few days alone together at a romantic B&B; after being placed under arrest for allegedly poisoning Paul, Susan must convince the police that she was being framed for the deed by Felicia; Bree begins to suspect that her new boyfriend may be gay; and Renee is devastated when she learns that her ex-husband is getting re-married, on the two-hour Season Finale of "Desperate Housewives," SUNDAY, MAY 15 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"And Lots of Security..." was written by Joe Keenan and directed by David Grossman.

"Come on Over for Dinner" was written by Bob Daily and directed by Larry Shaw.

What did you all DH fans think of the season 7 finale? Liked it? Loved it? Made you wanna stop watching the show? Favorite moments? Least favorite?

I'll post my thoughts later on because I don't want the main post to be tainted with them ;)

Let the discussion begin! :D
Smiley Face
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Desperate Housewives Ep. 7.22/23 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:16 am

I enjoyed it enough. As standalone episodes, they were great. As a finale? Not so good.

Welcome to the forums, it'll be nice having somebody to talk DH with :)
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Smiley Face on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:38 am

Joshua wrote:I enjoyed it enough. As standalone episodes, they were great. As a finale? Not so good.

Welcome to the forums, it'll be nice having somebody to talk DH with :)

Thank you! :) And I'm happy to discuss the show here!

I actually thought this was a very good season finale. I don't think it was dragged. I think the Paul/Felicia storyline ended too soon. But I thought Gaby/Alejandro, Paul/Felicia and Lynette/Tom kept the season finale exciting for me. The progressive dinner was a clever idea, and that final scene with all four housewives was excellent and well done! Some more thoughts:

Tom and Lynette: It was relief.
I honestly think this is what these characters need. As much as I'm incredibly sad that they had broken up, I think this is a clever idea on the writer's part. I kinda think things like the Renee/Tom secret, or Rick back in season 3 would've been factors that could break up a marriage that long more than what we saw in the last five episodes of the season. BUT I also believe the writers wrote the characters well. Tom has really changed, and he was being an ass to Lynette. Their fights aren't normal ones (especially the one in 7.21) and I think it is a legit reason to break up, but at the same time not as big compared to their previous problems. The scene where Lynette admits relief was one of the saddest and memorable moments of the couple, and we very well acted, and written. I'm looking forward to see what will happen next season.

Bree and Chuck: I'm calling it - time of gay 11:25.
I like where this relationship is going, but I can honestly say enough with having all these men for Bree. It's out-of-character and just boring. I don't want this to last and I don't want them to break up (or for Chuck to die), because it's too repetitive. I loved the scene where the main course gets burned, very funny. The gay storyline was a filler, which could've been better if it was used before the season finale, or early next season. It was an enjoyable and funny filler, though. But oh well. I really hope the writers do something with Bree next season, cause right now, all their doing is introducing more love interests.

Gabrielle and Alejandro: Go back to being dead.
This was definitely the exciting factor of the finale. I thought it was kinda random to bring her stepdad after all those years, but again the storyline was kinda re-introduced in 7.14 and 7.15, which was smart on the writer's part. Anyway, the scene when Gabrielle goes to get a gun and the man scares her was funny and Gaby was hilarious as usual. But then seeing all the serious parts from Gaby was very intense. The scene where she's getting trained to use a gun reminded me a lot of the season four finale, with Katherine and Bree. The scene in the woods was definitely one of the most intense, well-acted and written in scenes in DH history, IMO. And one of Gaby's best moments. I loved seeing that side of Gaby. She really is stronger than people give her credit for. So the writers did an excellent job with Gaby in the finale. :thumbsup:

Susan, Paul, and Felicia: You're not a killer.
Like I said before, the Paul/Felicia conclusion was kinda rushed. I was surprised that the writers decided to end it in the first part of the finale. It's like they were thinking: "yeah, let's throw some dangerous scenes together and a death scene and we're good." It's kinda lazy. Don't get me wrong, it was very intense. I loved the confrontation of Felicia and Paul. Felicia was just as evil as ever. Very clever move from the writer's to have Felicia's phone call to Mike earlier in the season to free Susan. I think Susan was awesome in getting Paul to stop Paul from killing Felicia. And I loved when Paul gave the confession. Really redeemed himself. I honestly think if Paul killed Felicia, it would've been better. I kinda think Felicia's death scene wasn't the best. If Paul would've killed her, I would've enjoyed that more. :| Did anyone else like the season one references we got? :thumbsup:

Renee and the Bartender: okay ...
I think Renee is an awesome character, but they need to find her something to do. Like soon.

But the most memorable part of the evening ... wasn't the food.
I was very pleased that Susan moves back to the Lane in the finale. I thought she would move back earlier this season, but this was great. I loved the scene when Susan goes around to hang out with her friends and they all have something going on. The group scene with Renee at Susan's was very funny, and it was nice to see all four housewives together. We got a lot of group scenes this season and I loved it! :D The progressive dinner idea was very clever and original. DH-classic! I like how the storylines of each housewife were incorporated with the dinner. The final scene of the finale, with Alejandro, Carlos and the housewives was one of the best scenes in DH history. I was very shocked. :scared: I was at the edge of my seat, wondering what's gonna happen next. I loved when all four housewives stood around the body. Excellent scene. Truly amazing. And I loved when the camera zoomed out on the coffee table at the very end, with Gaby looking at it. The narration was very clever, as well.

All in all, awesome season finale. Very well done.

8.5/10
Smiley Face
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:19 pm

I agree with you about Tom and Lynette. I too am sad they broke up, but I think it'll provide a really interesting story next season. Possible dating for Lynette, who will no doubt feel too guilty to do anything? Assuming they don't get back together within the first few episodes, it will be interesting to see a single Lynette.

And Eva is just a brilliant actress - she has perfect comedic timing but can also play the serious parts really well.

I personally didn't find it all that tense, though. I think the part 2 opening scene was a big mistake because I figured out immediately that it was Alejandro so no shock there. The only thing that was a surprise was that all 4 women were involved - I thought it'd be just Gabby and Bree (is it bad I can recognise Bree's hands? :PP ) so that was a nice touch in that respect. I found the final Gaby/Alejandro scene very anticlimactic, as was all the Paul/Felicia stuff. When Felicia was on top of Susan with the needle, it was directed so poorly it just didn't look real at all to me.

But then Paul has just been so annoying all season and, though I appreciate them bringing Season One characters back, I really didn't like him much at all lol.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Return to Desperate Housewives Discussion [No spoilers!]