[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.06 Discussion

General discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.06 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:52 pm

"Just Let Go"

9:00PM

Discuss Dexter's latest episode here.

Dexter is caught up in a very personal case that awakens the needs of his Dark Passenger; Debra feels overwhelmed by her new Lieutenant duties, made all the more complicated when she finds out Quinn slept with a witness in the Doomsday case.

Check STV.com/Dexter for Spoilers.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 6.06 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:27 pm

I have to say this is the type of episode I had been waiting for! Things are starting turn...

First of I love the fact that they have been stringing us along the whole season thus far with Brain in mind. From Travis and Gellar's manikins, to Deb not acepting Quinn's purposal, to Intern #1's stealing and auctioning of The Ice Truck Killer's prostetic hand, and now Intern #2 seems to idolize Dexter!

I have often thought that Dexter would have to come to some kind of crossroads with Harry at some point...a point where Dexter feel's he can't trust him, but perhaps his dark passenger can take several shapes and Brian is here because is at a big crossroads...

With that I also think everyone is right about Gellar. I think he is a manifestation of Travis mind and is dead in the corporeal, considering he has not interacted with anyone other than Travis yet, and it appears that Gellar lives at the church, a separate place...

Some thought perhaps Agent Anderson would be Doakes 2.0, at first it seemed unlikely, as he has been polite and professional up until now. For some reason he starting to show a different color, swearing and brutally going after others....

I don't know if the interns are in a cult together, or each individually insane, but I have a VERY bad feeling about #2...I could see a sanario where he starts dating Jamie and she invites him over to Dexter's...he could abduct Harrison and Jamie....

and I love the metaphor with Brian's hand...the idea that his hand is not where it should be, that it is not "contained" parallels what might happen with Dexter...the idea that Dexter thought he "let go" (that Dexter could progress and move on) of Brian (and controlling his erges) and that he couldn't not kill Nick, only proves what Brian said, "You can't be a killer and a hero. It doesn't work that way!" --and what will this mean for Harrison??

I also keep thinking there will be some backlash with Deb's new digs! I don't know if I believe it was a simple (?) murder suicide, or if there is more involved, but considering Brain is ghosting around in Dexter's head, it wouldn't surprise me if she ends up in danger too. But I also suspect that maybe something in that house could be useful!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Dexter Discussion [No spoilers!]